Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November to remember acquisitions......whatya got ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also a couple Rookie pickups from this year just back from PSA Auto Grading and now Double 10's.

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^

That Trout is spectacular!!!

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options

Entry #2 in my move into vintage. Really love this thread and seeing what everyone is procuring.

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, yes it’s BVG. I don’t think it’s sheet cut, I don’t think it’s trimmed. I don’t know if it’s a cross to a PSA 6-7 and I’m not sure I care. It’s centered dead nuts, is dripping in gloss. Has some honest wear, however has major eye appeal. I have seen many 6-7 that look worse

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, know it well and I asked for a back scan as I was ready to pull the trigger on it with the 15% coupon. Glad I did.

ul

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

I won an auction last night and then used the 10 percent coupon for this Jim Brown card.

• Options

ROOKIE

• Options

@PaulMaul - That is a sweet ole' 72 Card. Nice!!

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018 1:11PM

@MLBdays said:
    This '62 I got back in the early 80's ....I sent it in for grading in the mid-1990's and it came back colored so I stuffed it back in the book and just recently sent it in for encapsulation...it just came back today....its interesting to note the collectibles market has heated up to the point that even "Altered" Mantles are fetching respectable prices ....an "Altered" Mantle years ago wasn't worth nearly as much. IT's nice to see lower grade market saturation ~its creating a solid foundation for our hobby....I'm sure many of you would rather have a well centered PSA 5 vs. an off centered PSA 7 or even an 8 in some cases. This '62 is a special card in my collection..... its not going anywhere soon....enjoy.

I had a 55 Bowman Banks that came back years ago with coloring but PSA didn't put it in a case. It's nice that they do that now. I wasn't aware of it.

• Options

Modern Rookie pickups.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018 7:55PM

@jfkheat said:
    These are upgrades for my 1964 Stand-up set. I added the Newcombe to my 1961 MVP subset.
    James

Nice scans!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

>

1948 Satchel paige Type 1 photo

Wow! That is a sweet Satch. photo. Congrats.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Refractor delivered today and was already mailed out to PSA. Gonna try to get it to match my PSA 10/10 base version

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this nice 71T SP. Decent looking for this card in this set. Used the scanner instead of the camera this time. My scanning/photo processing skills leave much to be desired. I should probably read up on some of the guides that have been published here. This looks worse than the camera! The holder needs a little polishing before it gets a perfect fit and goes in the box.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Probably overpaid for this even with the 15% coupon, but it's a tough card to come across:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options

@dictoresno said:
    Refractor delivered today and was already mailed out to PSA. Gonna try to get it to match my PSA 10/10 base version

Out of all the cards I’ve seen of yours, these two are my fav. Really jealous.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmanrico said:

@dictoresno said:

Out of all the cards I’ve seen of yours, these two are my fav. Really jealous.

Thanks!!!! looks like the refractor has an offset print defect in respect to the embossing. I didn't even notice it in person, only after the fact in the pictures. hopefully that doesn't effect it too much.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Pretty centered...