Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

November to remember acquisitions......whatya got ?

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this up with a 10% off $100.00 max coupon ...it arrived safely...of all the different colors this card comes in I like the refractor the best oddly enough....and luckily its the cheapest of all the variations....enjoy....

Comments

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

A HOF member.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see Jordan made it safely into your hands.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djr said:

The top card is numerically graded lower but paid more for it.

I'm curious, do you agree, does the top cards look any better?

i concur Stifler -- much more aesthetically pleasing

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djr said:
    Good things come in pairs ;)
    The top card is numerically graded lower but paid more for it.

I'm curious, do you agree, does the top cards look any better?

Well, I think the top card was presented better (a scan) as opposed to the photos of card 2. I think the card up top has two sharper top corners and cleaner edges but comes with a sleeper crease whereas the second card has rounder top corners, chips on the edges but no visible crease. I think the cards to my eye have almost the same exact centering (nice top/bottom, slightly larger right border) and beautiful clean red name boxes.

Both with eye appeal above their respective grade in my opinion.

Kudos.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yoda99 said:
    I couldn't hold myself back with the 10% ebay bucks deal. I upgraded my 1957 Banks card as I've been waiting a long time to find one that has great centering. I also picked up a 1967 pin up of Willie Mays. I like the pin ups more for display. The Mays will look nice with my Mantle and Santo pin ups.

That Banks looks incredible!!! The bright white borders along with the color and clarity makes it just pop of the screen. Congrats.

• @JBrules said:
    Very pleased to add this card to my Bench collection to replace an existing PSA 9 that I have.

Beautiful card! What made you replace the other one? Better centering? I’ve coveted one of these for a long time. Congrats..

edited November 1, 2018 1:57PM

@dmanrico said:

@JBrules said:
    Very pleased to add this card to my Bench collection to replace an existing PSA 9 that I have.

Beautiful card! What made you replace the other one? Better centering? I’ve coveted one of these for a long time. Congrats..

Thanks. Yep! Better centering was why I replaced.

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2018 3:04PM

Wow that Bench is super sharp and those 53 Mantles are very pretty. It looks like we are off to a great start in November.

Not much for me this month as I'm keeping it on the down low, but I did get these back a few days ago from PSA as these autos were in a blue flip. I was hoping for at least a 9 on the Bo Jackson card, but very happy on the auto. I wasn't sure how they would grade the BOZ since it was signed in ballpoint pen, but can't complain. I also just received my pack sub and this is one of my highlights.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! November is only 16 hrs old and there are a lot of great additions here already. I must have the slowest mailman out there. ;)

@yoda99 That Banks card is an awesome photo that is so sharp and crisp it looks like hes ducking out from behind the top border. @JBrules The Bench is a great photo too. The ads on the wall behind him got me thinking. Did MLB once have ads on the outfield walls or was the photo taken during spring training at a minor league facility?

These arrived today from the last PWCC Hockey auction that just ended. Two of them are dual purpose for my Perreault registry and my 70's Sabres run.

Kevin

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice eye appeal on the Banks. Wow on the Bench!

• @JBrules said:

Stunning, looks amazing congrats!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

That '69 Bench is really sweet! I've been looking to pick up a reasonable PSA 7.

Daniel

October acquisition, November arrival, much better image:

1948 Bowman # 6 Yogi Berra

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great cards everyone!! Love that 69 Bench!!

Here are a couple ROOKIES back from PSA Auto Grading. Rodgers is a Pop 1 Double 10 and the Lebron is a Pop 2 Double 10.

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Fresh out of the mailbox. Sleeve removed for pictures and to replace with a perfect fit.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still in a cheaper moderns pattern here. Short break from the vintage. All on the way. Tom & Jerry nascar card I'll add to a few other things and give it to my Mom, top shelf Tom&Jerry fan, for Xmas :) . Watt I liked the look of the card. Fox , IMO, may end up being the best player of the 2017 draft class.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 69 Bench and 77 Reggie are stunning!

Nice quartet of minty 72s, too, Dave.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m literally drooling over the cards in this thread, awesome stuff everyone! My humble addition is a card I’ve been hunting for a long time and was able to land it today at a show.

edited November 3, 2018 4:19PM

Some great cards.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Just got this back today from PSA today in my latest pack submission. Really stoked about this one.

Just goes to show that you can’t assume every ungraded pack on eBay is fake! Congrats!

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Holy Moly!! Stunning packs, Grote!

Andy

@grote15 said:
    Just got this back today from PSA today in my latest pack submission. Really stoked about this one.

The Winfield is incredible Tim. Congrats on that sub. Just wow!!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, David!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2018 10:32PM

just picked this ball up , has about 20 sigs but can make out 14 so far . Charlie Smith, Pete Ward, Ed Charles, Phil Niekro, Billy Grabarkewitz, Jim Davenport, John Montfusco, Doug Flynn, Rick Wise, Jim Hart, Earl Williams, Don money. Rodney Scott, Mike Torrez, maybe someone can make out the rest

need help identifying the two names above phil niekro and the name just below the rawlings

• mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:
    This one just in. Only 640 to go!

Chlupsa. Is that Dutch? Cherokee Indian?

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2018 5:12PM

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrpeanut39 said:

Chlupsa. Is that Dutch? Cherokee Indian?

I think it’s Czechoslovakian.

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Let me Czech.......

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

A couple lower end Ripken cards I loved as a kid:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Couldn't pass up this Kaner

edited November 5, 2018 3:07PM

A couple of cards worthy a mail day.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who doesn't love mid 90's base Griffey?? Well, really any base Griffey for that matter. Here are a couple mid 90's for you!

@dmanrico

Great place to start!

@yoda99

Great card from a great set.

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yoda99 said:
    I looked over my collection and realized that I don't have any card of Yogi Berra. Well, I have one now.

Great choice! That was the first Yogi Berra I ever owned, got it in a trade for a couple of Cal Ripken Topps rookies

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

big fan of these SOTT cards. what i was not a big fan of, years ago, was Tiger. funny how the passage of time often brings different perspectives into existence. now i'm rooting hard for the guy. i have really grown to admire this incarnation, and it goes without saying how integral he is for the vitality of the sport. as much as i like many of the young bucks, let's be honest with ourselves, golf without Eldrick is a shell in comparison.

trying to obtain as many of his cards as the ol' budget will allow during the lull phase of the tour season. if anyone is thinking about crossing over to the dark side and acquiring a TW card, i advise you to do so in the next couple of months. after he won the tour championship last September, a 7.5 registered on the Richter. if he does something cray cray in 2019 like win another tournament..........or multiple tournaments...........or another major..........or, heaven forbid, another major that results in him donning one of those green jackets again, a monetary detonation will ensue.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018 3:14PM

Pretty excited about this pickup!! To me its Rodger's best and most attractive Rookie card. Super low print run of only 15 made with a rare silver colored autograph on a jersey swatch worn by Aaron in an official game. This one is 04/15 which I think is kinda cool since his predecessor Favre was #4. There is only 1 PSA GEM MINT 10 and this is it !!