Home Sports Talk

Well the Cowboys season is over at 11-7.......not bad for the start we had......GO COWBOYS!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 17, 2019 12:02PM in Sports Talk

Look out for us next year. :o:)B);)

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

would someone please pass Darin the smelling salts

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Kansas City Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans, so at least you have that going for you.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless of the fact that Dime is having a momentary lapse of reason he is still and always will be our lovable Dallas Cowboy fan here at CU.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Regardless of the fact that Dime is having a momentary lapse of reason he is still and always will be our lovable Dallas Cowboy fan here at CU.

ya we are going to blame him for everything that happens to Dallas. That aside picking the Chiefs with Andy Reed? Ay yi yi :D

3 years from now he will switch again

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought something may have gone awry when late last night i noticed a new offer on Ebay from a seller dimeman_sales_enterprises for a signed game worn Tony Romo jersey with a buy-it-now price of $1 including free shipping.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes is nearly as good as Romo andy Reed is about the same as Garrett. Higher highs than Garrett but lows that will crush a fan

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Mahomes is nearly as good as Romo andy Reed is about the same as Garrett. Higher highs than Garrett but lows that will crush a fan

You are kidding right?! Romo is not even a pimple on Mahomes arse. I don't like Andy Reed, but you can't have everything. :)

Well at least you didn't choose the New England Patriots.

Too many of those ungrateful, egomaniac, braggadocious, chirping bird fans on here as it is. ;)

@stevek said:

Too many of those ungrateful, egomaniac, braggadocious, chirping bird fans on here as it is. ;)

HEY!! I Resemble that!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you also root for the Warriors and the Red Sox, too, right? Good grief, lol...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Says the guy who told us his Eagles won't win another championship in the next 68 years while his Eagles were still currently defending their first Super Bowl title. You gave up on your team weeks before Dime ever did.

Signed
    an ungrateful (what have they done for us lately)
    egomaniac (with 20+years of combined Madden & Fantasy Football,of course I know more than the team)
    braggadocious (Five Super Bowl Wins! Suck It E-A-G-L-E-S fans!)
    chirping bird fan (ask Fluffy about those chirping birds,you let her out of the house months ago and that Philly Eagle hasn't been seen since.)

Dime, i feel for ya. After the Cowboys lost last night I checked the NFL standings and was actually relieved that my 10 wins Cowboys prediction technically has 2 more weeks to stay alive. ;)

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Says the guy who told us his Eagles won't win another championship in the next 68 years while his Eagles were still currently defending their first Super Bowl title. You gave up on your team weeks before Dime ever did.

Signed
    egomaniac (with 20+years of combined Madden & Fantasy Football,of course I know more than the team)
    chirping bird fan (ask Fluffy about those chirping birds,you let her out of the house months ago and that Philly Eagle hasn't been seen since.)

<<< Says the guy who told us his Eagles won't win another championship in the next 68 years while his Eagles were still currently defending their first Super Bowl title. >>>

Anyone who hasn't had too many Samuel Adams beers, obviously knows that I wasn't serious about that at all.

No Eagles fan has ever stopped being an Eagles fan, and no Eagles fan has ever quit on an Eagles season unless they were mathematically eliminated...period.

BTW: Carson Wentz (barring injury) will win another Super Bowl before Tom Brady ever does again, and it's a very easy call.

@grote15 said:
    I'm sure you also root for the Warriors and the Red Sox, too, right? Good grief, lol...

That's a good zinger, but it's not entirely a good analogy.

The Warriors and Red Sox are the reigning champions of their sport, while the Chiefs haven't won a Super Bowl since 1970.

Which BTW, isn't as long ago as the last time the Jets won a Super Bowl. ;)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate break it to Dimeman, but Andy Reed has a habit of his teams starting off fast and then losing their momentum at the end of the season, just in time for the play offs. We had what was it ... 14 years of frustration with Reed in Philadelphia.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

HAHAHA my brother in law is Cowgirl fan. Its a guy thing. I would say you should just get behind the Steelers.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

<<< Says the guy who told us his Eagles won't win another championship in the next 68 years while his Eagles were still currently defending their first Super Bowl title. >>>

Anyone who hasn't had too many Samuel Adams beers, obviously knows that I wasn't serious about that at all.

No Eagles fan has ever stopped being an Eagles fan, and no Eagles fan has ever quit on an Eagles season unless they were mathematically eliminated...period.

BTW: Carson Wentz (barring injury) will win another Super Bowl before Tom Brady ever does again, and it's a very easy call.

Neither was I serious,I've never once played FF and I sucked at Madden.

As far as this little tidbit right here,let me know when Carson Wentz participates in his first Super Bowl before you go telling us he'll win his second SB before Brady ever does again. By the time Brady wins his next SB Carson will be on his next team.

@erikthredd said:

As far as this little tidbit right here,let me know when Carson Wentz participates in his first Super Bowl before you go telling us he'll win his second SB before Brady ever does again. By the time Brady wins his next SB Carson will be on his next team.

As far as I am concerned...….Carson Wentz is way over rated. What has he really done.

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

As far as I am concerned...….Carson Wentz is way over rated. What has he really done.

He definitely was on pace to possibly win MVP last season but he still hasn't played in an NFL playoff game yet and steve is already fitting him for a gold jacket.
    Just look at Derek Carr for comparison, just three seasons ago he had his team at 12-3 and was arguably the leading candidate for MVP,got injured and since coming back hasn't been able to lead the Raiders over .500.
    Philly still has a pretty stacked roster and they're just at 4-4 halfway thru the season.

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

He definitely was on pace to possibly win MVP last season but he still hasn't played in an NFL playoff game yet and steve is already fitting him for a gold jacket.
    Just look at Derek Carr for comparison, just three seasons ago he had his team at 12-3 and was arguably the leading candidate for MVP,got injured and since coming back hasn't been able to lead the Raiders over .500.
    Philly still has a pretty stacked roster and they're just at 4-4 halfway thru the season.

The NFC Championship game this year will be between the Rams & Saints unless something crazy happens.

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Wentz might end up like baseball pitcher, Mark, “The Bird,” Fidrich. Remember him from the 1970s? For one season he was almost unbeatable and a sure bet in the office baseball pool. Then he hurt his arm, and his career was over.

Will Wentz ever play like he did before he hurt his knee? That is a good question. One of the Eagle’s problems is that they have had two first rate, second string quarterbacks this season. You can’t win with that.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

<<< As far as this little tidbit right here,let me know when Carson Wentz participates in his first Super Bowl before you go telling us he'll win his second SB before Brady ever does again. >>>

You're of course right on this one. I was writing Wentz and Eagles, and Brady and Patriots, when I deleted some of it. I changed it because when the Patriots finally release Brady, the GOAT Belichick will likely still be there. Belichick is so great that he possibly could win another Super Bowl without Brady, before Wentz and the Eagles do. However, Belichick won't win another Super Bowl with Tom Brady because of Brady's age. Brady is doing fine right now, but he's got an old body and after a full season of NFL football, he will be too tired to step up and beat the best NFC team.

<<< By the time Brady wins his next SB Carson will be on his next team. >>>

So technically you were correct with the first comment, but then you go and spoil it with an utterly ridiculous comment such as this. You should have quit while you were ahead. LOL

@Kkathyl said:
    HAHAHA my brother in law is Cowgirl fan. Its a guy thing. I would say you should just get behind the Steelers.

Yesterday, Dimeman would have really been upset at you for calling them a Cowgirl.

Now today with his transformation, Dimeman might like it. ;)

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Wentz might end up like baseball pitcher, Mark, “The Bird,” Fidrich. Remember him from the 1970s? For one season he was almost unbeatable and a sure bet in the office baseball pool. Then he hurt his arm, and his career was over.

Will Wentz ever play like he did before he hurt his knee? That is a good question. One of the Eagle’s problems is that they have had two first rate, second string quarterbacks this season. You can’t win with that.

I've read where it usually takes around two years to fully recover from an ACL tear, the type that Wentz had.

Your premise may turn out to be right, but I think how well Wentz plays next season will be more indicative of that.

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Where's that "Disagree" button at?

;)

@stevek said:

@Kkathyl said:

Yesterday, Dimeman would have really been upset at you for calling them a Cowgirl.

Now today with his transformation, Dimeman might like it. ;)

Don't care what you call them...…..but there will be snowballs in hell before I become a Steelers fan!

@countdouglas said:
    The Kansas City Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans, so at least you have that going for you.

The Houston Oilers (now the Tennessee Titians) won the first two American Football League champions in 1960 and ‘61. In the third league championship game, the Dallas Texans won the title on a field goal in overtime, as I remember from almost 56 years ago. After winning that title the team moved to Kansas City for the next season. I guess the Cowboys ran them out of town, despite that fact that they were the best in the American Football League that year.

@steve Pats fans aren't worried about Brady's body holding up all season. Since becoming starter Brady has missed a total of 15 games to injury in 17 & 1/2 seasons including playoffs. Wentz has been in the NFL for 2 & 1/2 seasons and has already missed 8 games due to injury. Sounds like your boy needs to get on the TB12 method soon.

@BillJones said:
    I hate break it to Dimeman, but Andy Reed has a habit of his teams starting off fast and then losing their momentum at the end of the season, just in time for the play offs. We had what was it ... 14 years of frustration with Reed in Philadelphia.

I like Andy Reid, and he's a good football coach that's for sure. However his one MAJOR flaw is getting brain farts late in key games when the score is close, with improper clock management and terrible play calling. He did this time and time again with the Eagles.

Whether or not Reid has corrected this "bad habit" with the Chiefs, I do not know, but I doubt it.

Now that Dimeman has moved over from the dark side (Cowboys fan) to the light side (fan of any other NFL team except the Cowboys) perhaps he will fill us in with future posts about how Reid is doing in that aspect.

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

<<< As far as this little tidbit right here,let me know when Carson Wentz participates in his first Super Bowl before you go telling us he'll win his second SB before Brady ever does again. >>>

You're of course right on this one. I was writing Wentz and Eagles, and Brady and Patriots, when I deleted some of it. I changed it because when the Patriots finally release Brady, the GOAT Belichick will likely still be there. Belichick is so great that he possibly could win another Super Bowl without Brady, before Wentz and the Eagles do. However, Belichick won't win another Super Bowl with Tom Brady because of Brady's age. Brady is doing fine right now, but he's got an old body and after a full season of NFL football, he will be too tired to step up and beat the best NFC team.

So technically you were correct with the first comment, but then you go and spoil it with an utterly ridiculous comment such as this. You should have quit while you were ahead. LOL

No Pats fans are worried about Brady's body holding up all season. Since becoming starter Brady has missed a total of 15 games to injury in 17 & 1/2 seasons including playoffs. Wentz has been in the NFL for 2 & 1/2 seasons and has already missed 8 games due to injury. Sounds like your boy needs to get on the TB12 method soon.

Jason Whitten played 15 years and missed 1 game! so Brady and Wentz should get with him.

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

No Pats fans are worried about Brady's body holding up all season. Since becoming starter Brady has missed a total of 15 games to injury in 17 & 1/2 seasons including playoffs. Wentz has been in the NFL for 2 & 1/2 seasons and has already missed 8 games due to injury. Sounds like your boy needs to get on the TB12 method soon.

Jason Whitten played 15 years and missed 1 game! so Brady and Wentz should get with him.

Witten should come out of retirement because he's a horrible analyst. He makes Tony Romo look like John Madden.

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

Jason Whitten was a tight end. Granted he was in the trenches, but unlike the quarterback he was not the target a group of headhunters the way quarterbacks were. Now quarterbacks are snowflakes with zebras guarding them. Brady has played most of his career before the quarterback - snowflake era.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

Witten should come out of retirement because he's a horrible analyst. He makes Tony Romo look like John Madden.

As a player, he never said a word. Now, he never shuts up. He's pretty bad.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@erikthredd said:
    @steve Pats fans aren't worried about Brady's body holding up all season. Since becoming starter Brady has missed a total of 15 games to injury in 17 & 1/2 seasons including playoffs. Wentz has been in the NFL for 2 & 1/2 seasons and has already missed 8 games due to injury. Sounds like your boy needs to get on the TB12 method soon.

I may be wrong, but I think some on here knocked that. Not me, whatever is a good dietary regimen, i am a firm believer that proper diet and nutrition is so important in keeping a healthy body. I wouldn't mind at all seeing Wentz do the TB12 method or something similar.

That being said, we're talking the brutal NFL here. Despite Brady's outstanding career, and the TB12 thing, eventually father time takes its toll. And father time comes a lot quicker to an NFL player needing to perform at a high level than the meager jobs us normal citizens have.

We shall see. If Brady can do it again, then certainly my hats off to him. I just don't see it happening.

@grote15 said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Signed

As a player, he never said a word. Now, he never shuts up. He's pretty bad.

I really like Whitten (as a player). Him and Tony G are the 2 best TE's ever. He would be in my Top 10 Cowboys of all time.

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

We shall see. If Brady can do it again, then certainly my hats off to him. I just don't see it happening.

But what exactly is "do it again?" You're talking about Brady's body breaking down. Making it to the SB and throwing for 500+ passing yards in a loss at the age of 40 isn't the body breaking down. When older QBs start to break down the first sign is usually their accuracy declining and Brady in 2018 is on pace to have his 3rd highest completion percentage of his career.

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

But what exactly is "do it again?" You're talking about Brady's body breaking down. Making it to the SB and throwing for 500+ passing yards in a loss at the age of 40 isn't the body breaking down. When older QBs start to break down the first sign is usually their accuracy declining and Brady in 2018 is on pace to have his 3rd highest completion percentage of his career.

The Patriots are one game over halfway into this season. Still a lot of football left to play, with more wear and tear to happen on Tom Brady's 41 year old body.

Frankly, i think there's a "good chance" that an underdog will upset the Patriots in the AFC playoffs for factors I just mentioned. However if somehow the Patriots do manage to get into this season's Super Bowl, i think they will be a slight underdog to the NFC team and lose.

You guys arguing about Brady and Wentz are highjacking my thread! :o;)B)

@DIMEMAN said:
    You guys arguing about Brady and Wentz are highjacking my thread! :o;)B)

Hey, I'm the only guy here still rooting for the Cowboys though lol ;)

I find it hilarious that Steve is talking about Brady breaking down due to his age right now, I mean he is playing at an elite level without Gronk, he will be fine for at least this season and a potential deep playoff run. Ofcourse any injury is possible but he is not showing any signs of slowing down, at least this season anyways

@BillJones said:

100% agreed about Andy Reid, at some point he will definitely try to fix what’s not broken.

@perkdog said:

@BillJones said:

100% agreed about Andy Reid, at some point he will definitely try to fix what’s not broken.

Hey, at this point I will be like Sparky Anderson...…..very quick with the hook! :DB)

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question - Who is your favorite team
    Answer - Who's winning?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

remaining schedule for Dallas, anyone want to guess the point spread on the Saints game?

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    NBC
    Nov 11, 7:20 PM
    Philadelphia
    Eagles
    4-4

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    FOX
    Nov 18, 12:00 PM
    Atlanta
    Falcons
    4-4

Washington
    Redskins
    5-3
    FOX
    Nov 22, 3:30 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

New Orleans
    Saints
    7-1
    FOX
    Nov 29, 7:20 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

Philadelphia
    Eagles
    4-4
    FOX
    Dec 9, 3:25 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    FOX
    Dec 16, 12:00 PM
    Indianapolis
    Colts
    3-5

Tampa Bay
    Buccaneers
    3-5
    FOX
    Dec 23, 12:00 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    FOX
    Dec 30, 12:00 PM
    New York
    Giants
    1-7

@Brick said:
    Question - Who is your favorite team
    Answer - Who's winning?

Wrong Brick...……...I have put up with this crap for the last 23 years. ;)

@coinpalice said:
    remaining schedule for Dallas, anyone want to guess the point spread on the Saints game?

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    NBC
    Nov 11, 7:20 PM
    Philadelphia
    Eagles
    4-4

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    FOX
    Nov 18, 12:00 PM
    Atlanta
    Falcons
    4-4

Washington
    Redskins
    5-3
    FOX
    Nov 22, 3:30 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

New Orleans
    Saints
    7-1
    FOX
    Nov 29, 7:20 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

Philadelphia
    Eagles
    4-4
    FOX
    Dec 9, 3:25 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    FOX
    Dec 16, 12:00 PM
    Indianapolis
    Colts
    3-5

Tampa Bay
    Buccaneers
    3-5
    FOX
    Dec 23, 12:00 PM
    Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5

Dallas
    Cowboys
    3-5
    FOX
    Dec 30, 12:00 PM
    New York
    Giants
    1-7

I see where you are going here. Every one but the Saints is a crap team. Well.....last night they lost to a 3-4 crap team and lost 14-28 at HOME!!!!!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

Bronco- Why don't you go to the Chiefs games and film Mahomes for all the coaches around the league.
    Apparently they still don't have enough film on him to stop him like you said would happen.

And welcome aboard Dimeman- you have made a wise choice.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

I like Andy Reid, and he's a good football coach that's for sure. However his one MAJOR flaw is getting brain farts late in key games when the score is close, with improper clock management and terrible play calling. He did this time and time again with the Eagles.

Whether or not Reid has corrected this "bad habit" with the Chiefs, I do not know, but I doubt it.

Now that Dimeman has moved over from the dark side (Cowboys fan) to the light side (fan of any other NFL team except the Cowboys) perhaps he will fill us in with future posts about how Reid is doing in that aspect.

No, Reid hasn't entirely corrected this "bad habit".
    Cleveland had a 4th and 1 late in first half with about 45 seconds left. Ball around the Browns 40 yard line.
    The Browns were not calling timeout, just letting the clock run down so Andy Reid thinks he needs to call a timeout.
    The Chiefs are up 21-9, and get the ball first in the second half.
    So what happens- on 4th and 1 Mayfield draws the Chiefs offsides, first down. Then leads them to a TD
    before halftime to cut the lead to 21-15(the Browns went for two after every TD and didn't convert any of them).
    Reids stupid timeout call made the game close when the Browns were content to run out the clock.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

No, Reid hasn't entirely corrected this "bad habit".
    Cleveland had a 4th and 1 late in first half with about 45 seconds left. Ball around the Browns 40 yard line.
    The Browns were not calling timeout, just letting the clock run down so Andy Reid thinks he needs to call a timeout.
    The Chiefs are up 21-9, and get the ball first in the second half.
    So what happens- on 4th and 1 Mayfield draws the Chiefs offsides, first down. Then leads them to a TD
    before halftime to cut the lead to 21-15(the Browns went for two after every TD and didn't convert any of them).
    Reids stupid timeout call made the game close when the Browns were content to run out the clock.

That is a good example of it. Despite Reid's talent and success as a head coach, he inexplicably does things such as that. It's puzzling because these type of mistakes even stone cold loser NFL coaches don't make on a consistent basis.

@stevek All I can say is Garrett makes Reid look like a genius!