Home Sports Talk
Options

Well the Cowboys season is over at 11-7.......not bad for the start we had......GO COWBOYS!!!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saints doing everything they can to lose this game, but the Cowboys won't let them. LOL

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018 8:45PM

If I'm in charge......94 is on the bench the rest of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Nice run Dak!!

• Options

Hats off to the Dallas Cowboys...NFC East champs.

• Options

Bad pass Dak!!!

• Options

You play like idiots…..ya lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job Cowboys

• Options

WTG BOYS!!!!!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Good job Cowboys

A win is a win...….but too many mental mistakes!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:
    Good job Cowboys

A win is a win but that win was against the hottest team in football,congrats buddy. There's still a lot of football left but Dallas is picking a great time to get hot.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:
    Good job Cowboys

A win is a win but that win was against the hottest team in football,congrats buddy. There's still a lot of football left but Dallas is picking a great time to get hot.

We did kinda shut'em down from their normal 37 per game.......especially the first half! ;)

• Options

Cowboys are a strong 5-1 at home, but a weak 2-4 on the road.

They're going to need to step up their road performance if they wish to advance in the playoffs.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

They're going to need to step up their road performance if they wish to advance in the playoffs.

they just need to request only home games in the playoffs , that is the Patriots plan also.

• Options

I hate it when Cowboys fans are even semi-happy. 😒

• Options

@stevek said:
    I hate it when Cowboys fans are even semi-happy. 😒

And I LOVE it when you hate it!! :)B)

• Options

@stevek said:

The Cowboys have already stepped up their road performance winning their last two road games including one in Philly. They're also 4-1 since trading for Amari Cooper.
    This team has the #2 rushing attack and the #2 scoring defense which are both needed come playoff time if you want to beat a great offense by keeping them on the sidelines for most of the game. Look at last night,Dallas had the ball for 36 minutes,the Saints just 23.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

The Cowboys have already stepped up their road performance winning their last two road games including one in Philly. They're also 4-1 since trading for Amari Cooper.
    This team has the #2 rushing attack and the #2 scoring defense which are both needed come playoff time if you want to beat a great offense by keeping them on the sidelines for most of the game. Look at last night,Dallas had the ball for 36 minutes,the Saints just 23.

Valid points.

However the Cowboys will never beat the Saints or Rams on the road in the playoffs if they happen to meet them, and that is an easy call.

• Options
    edited November 30, 2018 11:32AM

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Valid points.

However the Cowboys will never beat the Saints or Rams on the road in the playoffs if they happen to meet them, and that is an easy call.

True but I don't think any other NFC playoff team is going to beat either of those teams,home or away, come playoff time so that really isn't just a Cowboys thing.

• Options
    edited November 30, 2018 12:14PM

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Valid points.

True but I don't think any other NFC playoff team is going to beat either of those teams,home or away, come playoff time so that really isn't just a Cowboys thing.

Novice NFL fans such as Dimeman who have only been following the NFL for a few weeks ( ;) ) , don't understand that the pace of the game speeds up exponentially in the playoffs.

Yes, there can always be upsets, but the Saints or Rams will be heavy favorites at home to beat the Cowboys despite the Cowboys momentum right now, and I doubt if either one of these two teams will have trouble doing it.

One factor coming into play is whether or not Jared Goff can handle the faster pace plus the added pressure of being in the playoffs. He seems like a level headed kid, and in my opinion he will be able to perform well, but we shall see. Maybe he learned from last season's playoff defeat.

The best road to getting to the Super Bowl for the Cowboys, probably will be to meet the Rams before the Saints, and hope that another team knocks off the Saints, and then the Cowboys meet the Rams in the NFC championship game, and Goff has a clunker of a game. A lot of hurdles for the Cowboys to get into the Super Bowl which certainly doesn't favor them at this point.

But if the Cowboys get lucky with their playoff opponent matchups, who knows? I do think the Cowboys have the possibility of beating any team in the playoffs except for the Saints, and the Rams if Goff has a clunker game as mentioned which i don't think he will.

Drew Brees has already proven that he can handle playoff pressure. Brees for whatever reason wasn't focused in last night's game. However if he meets the Cowboys again in the playoffs, he will definitely be focused then, to the detriment of the Dallas Cowboys.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018 1:08PM

how does Garrett outcoach Payton at the end like that?

did the spirit of Andy Reid take over Payton at the precise moment that clock management skills were needed?

• Options

The true test of the Cowboys now will be the rest of the season. They just beat a highly favored team....OK. Now all remaining games are with losing teams. The mark of a good team is one that can take one game at a time and beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Should be interesting. The also unknown is Cooper. Will he continue to be such a good factor in the Cowboys offense. Plus the Cowboys need to stop the bonehead plays they pulled against the Saints......like running into the kicker thus extending the Saints that lead to a TD. The Saints should have only scored 3 points!!!!

Winning teams that make it deep into the playoffs just don't make stupid mental mistakes!!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exciting game. HORRIBLE officiating!!!!!!! They missed some obvious calls, I was not rooting for either team. That helmet to helmet shot was scary!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018 3:10PM

Jerry Jones should sign Jason Garrett to an extension while the iron's hot, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018 3:38PM

best defensive performance i've seen all season, and remember, i'm a Bears fan. to hold the Saints to 4 touches below their average is one of the most impressive things i've witnessed since i saw Dime making one of his famous strawberry dakries in his undies.

on the other side of the ball, Amari has been a godsend. no one is ever going to confuse him for a JJ, AB, OBJ, or D-Hop, but he has the ability to manifest signs of beastliness and that galvanizes the entire offense by allowing Dak & Zeke to do their thing without being suffocated by defenses that have zero respect for their passing game. prior to him, teams stacked the box and had no qualms about 1-1 coverage on the outside. now if they regularly do that, the Cowboys actually have a wideout who can make them pay.........a la Thanksgiving day.

and one other thing the AC acquisition has done -- potentially give Eric the green light to change his name to ericdaprophet

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018 3:52PM

A very good night for the Cowboys, but they are going to have to win on the read if they going anywhere in the play-offs.

The Eagle's season has evaporated. If they beat the Redskins next Monday (?), they could be the Cowboys last challengers, but they have to play in Dallas and Los Angles and those two stadums are tarpits. The Eagles will like some old sabor toothed tiger with their front teeth pulled when they play on those stadums. The chances of winning are slim and none.

I won't care much about the playoffs unless the Cowboys go up against the Patriots, which is not going to happen.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:
    best defensive performance i've seen all season, and remember, i'm a Bears fan. to hold the Saints to 4 touches below their average is one of the most impressive things i've witnessed since i saw Dime making one of his famous strawberry dakries in his undies.

on the other side of the ball, Amari has been a godsend. no one is ever going to confuse him for a JJ, AB, OBJ, or D-Hop, but he has the ability to manifest signs of beastliness and that galvanizes the entire offense by allowing Dak & Zeke to do their thing without being suffocated by defenses that have zero respect for their passing game. prior to him, teams stacked the box and had no qualms about 1-1 coverage on the outside. now if they regularly do that, the Cowboys actually have a wideout who can make them pay.........a la Thanksgiving day.

and one other thing the AC acquisition has done -- potentially give Eric the green light to change his name to ericdaprophet

The Saints actually shouldn't have gotten the one TD......if it wasn't for the STUPID I mean STUPID running into the kicker penalty that extended the drive and GAVE them the only TD.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Valid points.

Novice NFL fans such as Dimeman who have only been following the NFL for a few weeks ( ;) ) , don't understand that the pace of the game speeds up exponentially in the playoffs.

Yes, there can always be upsets, but the Saints or Rams will be heavy favorites at home to beat the Cowboys despite the Cowboys momentum right now, and I doubt if either one of these two teams will have trouble doing it.

One factor coming into play is whether or not Jared Goff can handle the faster pace plus the added pressure of being in the playoffs. He seems like a level headed kid, and in my opinion he will be able to perform well, but we shall see. Maybe he learned from last season's playoff defeat.

The best road to getting to the Super Bowl for the Cowboys, probably will be to meet the Rams before the Saints, and hope that another team knocks off the Saints, and then the Cowboys meet the Rams in the NFC championship game, and Goff has a clunker of a game. A lot of hurdles for the Cowboys to get into the Super Bowl which certainly doesn't favor them at this point.

But if the Cowboys get lucky with their playoff opponent matchups, who knows? I do think the Cowboys have the possibility of beating any team in the playoffs except for the Saints, and the Rams if Goff has a clunker game as mentioned which i don't think he will.

Drew Brees has already proven that he can handle playoff pressure. Brees for whatever reason wasn't focused in last night's game. However if he meets the Cowboys again in the playoffs, he will definitely be focused then, to the detriment of the Dallas Cowboys.

I don't think its happening with the Rams or Saints in these playoffs but we've seen plenty of high powered offenses get beat at home by a "lesser" team with a good defense & a running game though. The Jags beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh then almost beat the Pats in the AFCCG in NE last season,the Giants had two playoff runs where they won three road games each time then beat the Pats twice in the SB. The 2001 Pats beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh then beating the Rams in the SB a week later. Peyton Manning had arguably a high powered offense almost every year of his career minus his final year where the D carried them to a SB win and his Colts/Broncos lost 6 playoff home games to lesser opponents.

You can lecture us with your "what the Cowboys can or can't do come playoff time" speech but they just knocked off the arguably the best team in football in a game no one gave them a chance to win.
    We'll see what that win does for their confidence next week when your Eagles go to Dallas. A Cowboys win all but wraps up the division with a 4-0 record vs Philly & Washington. A home loss to Philly takes away all the luster from last night's win.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys defense was really fun to watch that game completely shutting down Drew Brees and
    that great offense. I did post somewhere a few weeks ago that I thought Dallas was pretty close to
    putting it together and being a good team.
    I think it was when Dimeman switched to the Chiefs and then back again.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Video illustration of a Dallas Cowboys football player against the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday:

https://youtu.be/4SKAHHRNCB4

• Options

Big game for the Cowboys today,can't follow up that Masterpiece last week versus the Saints with a dud against the Eagles at home.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Big game for the Cowboys today,can't follow up that Masterpiece last week versus the Saints with a dud against the Eagles at home.

I know...….this is a MUST win!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

No, it isn’t. The schedule is with you. The Eagles have to beat Los Angeles and Houston plus the hapless Redskins. You have the Colts, Tampa and the NY Gaints. The toughest of that three might be Tampa, and you’re got that game at home. I think Redsins are toast with no quarterback.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

No, it isn’t. The schedule is with you. The Eagles have to beat Los Angeles and Houston plus the hapless Redskins. You have the Colts, Tampa and the NY Gaints. The toughest of that three might be Tampa, and you’re got that game at home. I think Redsins are toast with no quarterback.

I know what you are saying, but I have never been one to count on other teams helping me. Just saying.

• Options

The NY Giants are up 24-zip on the Redskins. I would say that Washington will not be a factor for the rest of the season.

• Options

Don’t look now, but Tampa is beating Saints 14-3. Did the Saints peak too soon?

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I'll bet when the Raiders traded Cooper to a 3-5 team, they were licking their chops at a possible top 10 pick next year. Lick away because you'll be getting something in the mid 20's or later

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The NY Giants are up 24-zip on the Redskins. I would say that Washington will not be a factor for the rest of the season.

That’s a fair assessment especially since Mark Sanchez is their QB

• Options

Someone should let the Cowboys know that they have a game today.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

Totally agree. The dream just turned into a nightmare!!!!!

• Options

I wonder what the record is for changing the title of a thread.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Dandy Don is tuning up for the season ending song!!!! Why do I keep falling for this crap???!!!!

• Options

@Darin said:
    I wonder what the record is for changing the title of a thread.

I did it this way rather than start a new thread each week. :/

• Options

Dimeman starting to panic like a Chiefs defensive back when the ball is coming their way.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

Dimeman- just having a little fun. I know its frustrating when your team is playing like crap in what
    should have been a competitive game.
    Hang in there, Dallas still has a great shot at making the playoffs.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:
    Dimeman- just having a little fun. I know its frustrating when your team is playing like crap in what
    should have been a competitive game.
    Hang in there, Dallas still has a great shot at making the playoffs.

I thought they were finally peaking at the right time and then they lay this egg!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Even with this loss they're still in the driver's seat for the division but they gotta win their last two to keep any hope of a 10-6 season alive. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Even with this loss they're still in the driver's seat for the division but they gotta win their last two to keep any hope of a 10-6 season alive. ;)

Not getting my hopes up at this point! :s

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Dandy Don is tuning up for the season ending song!!!! Why do I keep falling for this crap???!!!!

I thought Dandy Don was dead?

• Options
    edited December 16, 2018 2:15PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Not getting my hopes up at this point! :s

They got this. Washington would need to win their last two games AND have Dallas lose both of their two. If they both finish 9-7,Dallas would get the tiebreaker finishing with a better division record.
    Philly would need to beat the Rams tonight then win their last two with Dallas losing their last two. Dallas owns the head to head there.