Home Sports Talk

Well the Cowboys season is over at 11-7.......not bad for the start we had......GO COWBOYS!!!

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas will get into the playoffs, but I will be very surprised if it is more that a one and out post season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very surprised at this game, I thought Dallas was starting to be legit 🤷‍♂️

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

no shame in losing to the Colts -- they are flying under the radar. 7-1 in their last 8, with a vastly improved D.

it's how Dallas lost that i'd be concerned about. no points is obviously problematic, but that vaunted defense couldn't get off the field. they got punked in every phase of the game.

playing games on the road is an entirely different ball of wax, and that's why i don't see the Boys going far. they might get that first playoff game, but then the rested Rams or the rested Saints will be awaiting them at home. season ovah.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Dandy Don is tuning up for the season ending song!!!! Why do I keep falling for this crap???!!!!

I thought Dandy Don was dead?

He is...….just like the Cowboys! The only way we get in the playoffs is with a 8-8 record. Then one and done. Then the whole thing starts over next year. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

@perkdog said:
    Very surprised at this game, I thought Dallas was starting to be legit 🤷‍♂️

I didn't get to see the games just the low lights. Looked like some dropped balls and a lot of bad play by Prescott.

I am starting to lose any hope on Prescott ever being anything to speak of. That 13-3 first year must have been a fluke!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Dandy Don is tuning up for the season ending song!!!! Why do I keep falling for this crap???!!!!

He is...….just like the Cowboys! The only way we get in the playoffs is with a 8-8 record. Then one and done. Then the whole thing starts over next year. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Have you ever considered switching teams, to let's say maybe............................................THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.
    We may be pretty dominant over the next 10-12 years because I know management is going to work on fixing the
    defensive problems. Now is the time dimeman, come join Chiefs nation its going to be a heck of a ride.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Have you ever considered switching teams, to let's say maybe............................................THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.
    We may be pretty dominant over the next 10-12 years because I know management is going to work on fixing the
    defensive problems. Now is the time dimeman, come join Chiefs nation its going to be a heck of a ride.

Very tempting man. I will be rooting for them in the playoffs...……..unless they meet the Cowboys in the SB! LOL LOL LOL LOL

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

he did switch to the chiefs briefly. Then tried to scrub the evidence from the internet

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

he did switch to the chiefs briefly. Then tried to scrub the evidence from the internet

Yes, but went back to the Boys before a game was played. ;)

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I know. Just having some fun with him. I like the dimeman because he has a good sense of humor
    and can take some ribbing about his Cowboys without getting bent out of shape.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I know. Just having some fun with him. I like the dimeman because he has a good sense of humor

You don't even have to rib him about the Cowboys,just sit back and watch him do it himself. ;)

😂

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

You don't even have to rib him about the Cowboys,just sit back and watch him do it himself. ;)

Hey, it is what it is. You play bad you lose. :);):oB)

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, but went back to the Boys before a game was played. ;)

I had a bad feeling when I saw the players huddled with a X'd dime patch on their shoulders.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Busted dream. They look good for a while.....then back to shit!!!!

This has happened to all teams this year. Lots of parody in the league, seeing last place teams upset playoff teams more than ever. They can still be tough in playoffs with their D and Elliot. Teams will continue to make Dak throw downfield to win until he consistently begins to do so.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stinkin' Cowboys still beat my Eagles twice this season.

I'm just glad nobody wanted to do an avatar bet with me, and I did offer it several times, because I would be in some seriously embarrassing trouble right now if forced to have a Cowboys pic for my avatar. :|

@stevek said:

I'm just glad nobody wanted to do an avatar bet with me, and I did offer it several times, because I would be in some seriously embarrassing trouble right now if forced to have a Cowboys pic for my avatar. :|

You would look very nice in Cowboy gear! I wish I would have made that bet! :oB)

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

You would look very nice in Cowboy gear! I wish I would have made that bet! :oB)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

words of wisdom from the movie Grease " If you can't be an athlete , be an athletic supporter"

Put it on Steve! >:)

Too small...wouldn't fit.

@stevek said:

I knew I could count on that come back! ;)B)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I knew I could count on that come back! ;)B)

Cowboys players normally just use a band-aid for that purpose.

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

<<< I wish I would have made that bet! >>>

Well maybe we will do it next season.

Pay no attention to the Paul/Eric versus Galaxy avatar bet. They are avatar bet amateurs. They didn't know what they were doing. They went WAY overboard with the time frame. The bet should be from the end of the game to the start of next week's game, then it can be switched back. A week of avatar torture is long enough. To have it last for months like they did is like North Korea prison camp torture. Galaxy will never be able to recover from the pain and humiliation he has suffered for so long. So we would do it to last one week, if you decide to do it. ;)

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Pay no attention to the Paul/Eric versus Galaxy avatar bet. They are avatar bet amateurs. They didn't know what they were doing. They went WAY overboard with the time frame. The bet should be from the end of the game to the start of next week's game, then it can be switched back. A week of avatar torture is long enough. To have it last for months like they did is like North Korea prison camp torture. Galaxy will never be able to recover from the pain and humiliation he has suffered for so long. So we would do it to last one week, if you decide to do it. ;)

That was all on Galaxy, I just agreed to the bet.

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

That was all on Galaxy, I just agreed to the bet.

I think Galaxy may have inadvertently morphed into a Patriots fan, he's had that Brady pic on there for so long. :D

edited December 23, 2018 7:23PM

Well they snuck by Tampa at home and won the Division. They can actually win 10 games this year as someone predicted.

edited December 23, 2018 7:42PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Well they snuck by Tampa at home and won the Division. They can actually win 10 games this year as someone predicted.

I did and as the season went on I thought they'd reach 6 losses a lot sooner than they did. They were 3-5 halfway thru the year.

edit: If Chicago & Dallas meet up in the playoffs we may have to force you to enter an avatar bet.

Best of bad luck to the Cowboys in the playoffs. ;)

edited December 24, 2018 8:39AM

@stevek said:
    Best of bad luck to the Cowboys in the playoffs. ;)

Thanks....I needed that. ;) With you rooting against us how can we lose. :oB)

Good job Cowboys, Dime aren’t you glad you stuck with them 😂

@perkdog said:
    Good job Cowboys, Dime aren’t you glad you stuck with them 😂

They make it to the playoffs a lot.....it's winning a SB that they haven't done in a long time (1995). That was a special one though.....beating the Steelers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I would have challenged that last TD by the Giants!!!

Oooops.

I know the game means nothing as far seeding in playoffs...….but I hate the Giants more than words can say. Plus a 10 win season would have been nice.

@DIMEMAN said:
    I know the game means nothing as far seeding in playoffs...….but I hate the Giants more than words can say. Plus a 10 win season would have been nice.

The Cowboys stink on the road this season, which of course doesn't bode well for them in the playoffs.

@DIMEMAN said:

They're down to their last play to make this happen.

Well these two announcers are definite Dallas fans lol

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

The Cowboys stink on the road this season, which of course doesn't bode well for them in the playoffs.

You're gonna talk chit with your team's playoff chances still on the line? Karma's pimp hand is strong. ;)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I would have challenged that last TD by the Giants!!!

If the Cowboys were that good, they wouldn't be in this position. It's the Giants, not New Orleans or even Houston.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Eli comes thru again in the clutch. LOL

Eli should retire.

Giants obviously should have drafted a QB in the last draft, and we all know it.

Gotta give credit to Garrett where credit is due going for the two point conversion. The Cowboys didn't need a tiring overtime game, win or lose, to go into the playoffs a bit more worn out as all the players are this time of the season.

@erikthredd said:
    1 B) - 6

I never should have doubted you! ;)B)

I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY rooting for the Vikes!!!!

edited December 30, 2018 2:39PM

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Up 7-0

My second favorite team this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(meant to post this in the Eagles thread) :D

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Dallas offense played well without Elliot. Very key for this team seeing Prescott successfully completing passes downfield. If he is able to do this consistently, watch out NFC!

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Dallas offense played well without Elliot. Very key for this team seeing Prescott successfully completing passes downfield. If he is able to do this consistently, watch out NFC!

I was surprised at how well the passing game did with NO run game!

I’m shocked none of you guys made mention of the amount of catches Elliot had this year, Prescott checking down to Zeke has been a huge improvement for the offense.

If we play up to our potential we should beat the Hawks.

Dimeman - Why not go to the liquor store now and pickup a few bottles of Jack Daniels to drown your sorrows after tonight's Cowboys loss, rather than waiting until the last minute when the game is over.

I'm just trying to be a nice guy and help ya out on this. ;)