Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 8:03PM

@Kudbegud said:
    $500 Dollar ¼oz Colorado Gold (with signature) - what else but Perfect,

Thank you Dan for your excellent art and production.

Is he signing those? TYIA

• Options
    Mfriday4962Mfriday4962 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Pictures are good man! Very Awesome collection!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    here they are !

Looking good Gluggo !!

• Options

I get to pick up my orders at the Post Office today from Dan after workie! :p I can hardly wait, I wonder if I need to drive into town today to pick up something? :*

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2018 11:07AM

Overstruck coins are not exclusive to Mr. Carr. The world coin hobby is full of them. They are graded as if the details of the O/S (INCLUDING VOIDS) did not exist. Mr. Carr's overstruck coins are the same thing. So, IMHO when they are perfect, they deserve to be graded that way. :p

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could not wait to see yours :)

@Gluggo said:
    I get to pick up my orders at the Post Office today from Dan after workie! :p I can hardly wait, I wonder if I need to drive into town today to pick up something? :*

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    Could not wait to see yours :)

@Gluggo said:

I am on my way waiting on road work, dang!! What else is going to delay me? !

• Options
    edited October 1, 2018 2:56PM

Mr Dan Carr thats why I just love buying from you cause you are ALWAYS on top of everything. Your the Best!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super spread Zoins. I'll be on the look out for these from now on.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I like those. Missed out on issue...I didn't like the ship prow ones as much.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wooglout said:
    I too bought an item from the seller in Canon City (the female seller) ... no responses to any communication after I was promised expedited shipping. That promise only came after 2 weeks of non shipment and no replies. Last thing was a label being created but never actually dropped off at post office or put in mail box. I had to open a case for the item. Was refunded promptly. Item was purchased Aug 30. Was refunded this week. BAD SELLER (has a history of it)

EDIT: eBay found in my favor on the case I opened. No response from seller in the 3-day case either. Honestly the first time I've ever left negative feedback on eBay.

These are the same experiences I had with Josh. Claimed to work for Dan Carr and couldn't figure out why I wasn't happy. Told him it was because he didn't send the items I bought. I got one fixed by eBay, and came out OK. I received a hand-written note from him, and it looked like someone that was heavily impaired by mind-scrambling chemicals. I hope he gets his ship together.

thefinn
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2018 12:26AM

@felinfoel said:
    And, on a related note, I requested (and received) a refund for this Ebay item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253818345959

The seller of the previous item (https://www.ebay.com/itm/232839404179) introduced me (via email) to the seller of the 1909-O Morgan.

Both items (under two different sellers) are listed with a location "Canon City, Colorado".

I requested the refund after two weeks with no shipment, followed by the seller of the 1909-O saying it was listed "under the wrong PayPal account and I need it paid to me please", and asked me to PayPal money to a different account.

I would like to know the Ebay sellers name of this person selling the Daniel Carr coins . I try hard to maintain a 100 percent feedback rating . Communication is key. TYIA

• Options

Thank you Dan I was not able to see why the links would not show the sellers on this phone.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018 12:51AM

@Kudbegud said:
    Super spread Zoins. I'll be on the look out for these from now on.

Thanks Kudbegud! It took me a couple of years to find these but it's well worth the wait :)

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    eBay makes it quite safe for the buyer. So even if someone bought from either of these two and never got the item(s), a refund from eBay/PayPal is very likely.

Here are the eBay feedback records:

Josh:
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jackpot-gold-n-silver&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=232914466285&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Evin:
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=evinsheaven&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=253855350845&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

It appears that both have now been expelled by eBay (listed as "NARU" - Not A Registered User).

Agreed. Those are the two sellers. Ebay/Paypal refunded everything, so I didn't lose anything but some time.

• Options
    edited October 7, 2018 11:42AM

Back on the laptop and I do recognize one of the sellers. That's too bad he is having problems sending to the buyer. I too bought from him and had to wait for him to send. But it was always with an excuse as he was busy and I accepted the excuse. But he never did not send me the items. A few of them are quite rare so I am sad his ebay ended fizzled out.

• Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    I just ordered the Cu Owl and the Winged liberty

I hope the KOCT will be done soon

Hot dang got my shipping notice for these

I orderd th

• Options

Love the 'antiqued' 2018 Octagon Owl, gorgeous.

• Options
    edited October 8, 2018 2:31PM

P.S., Anxiously awaiting my 'Year of the Dog' and the new silver St. G!
    I don't get out a whole lot, so checking the mail is usually like Christmas, always ordering parts and pieces for building guitars, etc.
    My wife calls me 'The Happy Hermit'!
    ETA, Just checked Dans site and order is shipped, should arrive by the end of the week, I'm in N.E. Ohio.
    I've got every OS Silver Dollar he ever made and placed them in Capital Holders, LCS owner-expert was AMAZED at the quality.
    Thanks Daniel.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    Great seeing all the sets @Gluggo and @Bullsitter! It's nice to see the pieces together.

Here's my set of 2015 Pan Pac octagonals from Dan! I posted them full-width in another thread, but here's a good view of the set.

Nice set ;)
    I was commissioned by the PCNS to make those, of course, using their previous logo and the Panama Pacific $50 gold obverse design. Unlike most clubs, they did not have extras made for the club to sell to the general public. All the mintage went straight to the members (plus a few for my own reference collection). So they don't appear for sale very often.

Another club that didn't make any for general sale was the Denver Coin Club (with Peace Dollar obverse design and existing DCC logo reverse die).

Mintages for both are listed here (PCNS at the very top section and the DCC third section from the top):
    moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_medals_club_A.htm

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2018 9:00PM

@dcarr said:

@Zoins said:
    Great seeing all the sets @Gluggo and @Bullsitter! It's nice to see the pieces together.

Here's my set of 2015 Pan Pac octagonals from Dan! I posted them full-width in another thread, but here's a good view of the set.

Nice set ;)
    I was commissioned by the PCNS to make those, of course, using their previous logo and the Panama Pacific $50 gold obverse design. Unlike most clubs, they did not have extras made for the club to sell to the general public. All the mintage went straight to the members (plus a few for my own reference collection). So they don't appear for sale very often.

Another club that didn't make any for general sale was the Denver Coin Club (with Peace Dollar obverse design and existing DCC logo reverse die).

Mintages for both are listed here (PCNS at the very top section and the DCC third section from the top):

Good to know Dan. I have a few of the Denver Coin Club overstrikes including this one which I posted recently in another thread. I also have one overstruck on an Ike where it looks like Lady Liberty is wearing a helmet like Athena, but it's nowhere near as pronounced as this one.

No offense to the Denver Coin Club, but sometimes I think of DCC on the obverse as the "Dan Carr Club" or "Dan's Coin Club" :p;)

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@dcarr said:

@Zoins said:

Nice set ;)

Good to know Dan. I have a few of the Denver Coin Club overstrikes including this one which I posted recently in another thread. I also have one overstruck on an Ike where it looks like Lady Liberty is wearing a helmet like Athena, but it's nowhere near as pronounced as this one.

No offense to the Denver Coin Club, but sometimes I think of DCC on the obverse as the "Dan Carr Club" or "Dan's Coin Club" :p;)

I NEED that.. Very cool piece! :smiley:

The more you VAM..
  • Options

Nice set.
    I have the entire series, dupes of them after the 2015.
    Don't own an antiqued version though, love them!

• Options

Just received mine a moment ago!

• Options
    edited October 16, 2018 11:48AM

Got a package out for delivery...…. :#

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really Love Dan's work. My favorites came from @Paradisefound

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    edited October 16, 2018 1:23PM

@Paradisefound said:
    Going out for grading :)

WooWoo…..good luck on your submission, I love getting the grades B)

• Options

Saint Gaudens Gold O/S

1815 Antiqued Matron Head Large Cent

1858 Antiqued Braided Hair Half Cent

1858 Antiqued Braided Hair Large Cent

Dogs and Owls

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    Going out for grading :)

What a nice group of Dan's art. Fingers crossed for you to get great grades. How nice they will look in their new ANACS suits.

• Options

Love the Saint Gaudens Gold O/S.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2018 5:13PM

@felinfoel said:
    New 2009-DC Proofed coin available from Dan (his photo is attached):

dc-coin.com/
    http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_2.htm

This is probably the closest I will ever be to owning a proof walker. Thanks for the update.

What is the simplest way to get moonlight mint products into anacs plastic?

• Options

Thanks @felinfoel for the heads up.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANACS is running a special on submission until the end of the month :)

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    This is probably the closest I will ever be to owning a proof walker. Thanks for the update.
    What is the simplest way to get moonlight mint products into anacs plastic?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file