Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got coins coming too.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2018 8:54AM

Does the slabbing "Fall Frenzy" apply to Dan's pieces?

The offer says "U.S. Mint issued coins valued up to $500 each" but I figured I'd ask.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, yep! Shipping notice too- can't wait to see that $40 Clark Gruber in hand!

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    Does the slabbing "Fall Frenzy" apply to Dan's pieces?

The offer says "U.S. Mint issued coins valued up to $500 each" but I figured I'd ask.

Give them a call, most times they do but better sure then sorry.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    I just ordered the Cu Owl and the Winged liberty

I hope the KOCT will be done soon

Hot dang got my shipping notice for these

@Twobitcollector said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    I just ordered the Cu Owl and the Winged liberty

I hope the KOCT will be done soon

Hot dang got my shipping notice for these

I just ordered a few of those the other night.
    Love the design on them.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting for the New Pictures of the new coins DC is punching out! :p

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll post before & after pix when I get it back ;)

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're freakin' me out man,,,,,,, :D:D:D;)

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ANACSPAUL said:

@jwitten said:

@renman95 said:

@GRANDAM said:

@1940coupe said:
    cant wait to find a nice holder for my 1934 Gold Double Eagle when I get it

I will get mine slabbed by ICG.

Over ANACS? Curious as to why.

ICG will give it a 70, if is deserves, and anacs won't. Plus anacs is ugly yellow. I wish one of the two offered edge view holders though. I have a holder in mind, but I am not sure it will fit yet.

There are many Dan Carr pieces certified ANACS 70 and we use a Dan Carr designed label (some pictured on this thread).

There are many of his original pieces graded 70. I have yet to see an actual overstrike graded 70. Can you post an example? It has been common thought that anacs will not give a 70 on an overstrike, as no one has ever gotten one on these boards.

@PipestonePete said:
    Does this help?

I wanted to be able to read the edge. I had to do that then reverse the image to be able to read it.
    Thanks

edited September 28, 2018 2:55AM

@Bullsitter said:

You're freakin' me out man,,,,,,, :D:D:D;)

You'll love this!

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    Fantastic scores off Ebay today. I sold some Palladium to Provident so I could buy some nice coins. A scan of Ebay proved fruitful this time. And I have some Palladium profits left for more goodies.

I love his Holograms so I had to get this one

Are you sure its that one? I bought that one in August, and I didnt sell it. Maybe i didnt get the one in the pic, i suppose i didnt look at it closely

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2012-2-OZ-999-Silver-Hologram-Exchange-Currency-Concept-50-Minted/232866364334?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2018 5:32AM

Sadly I bought one of 2012 Daniel Carr Exchange Currency 2 OZ Silver Hologram off Ebay and tracking showed delivered but never received total lose when tracking shows delivered but you didn't receive there is nothing you can do ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2012-2oz-Exchange-Currency-Barter-Concept-Hologram/292678956987?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 remember to click view original item upper right corner

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@ANACSPAUL said:

@jwitten said:

@renman95 said:

@GRANDAM said:

@1940coupe said:

ICG will give it a 70, if is deserves, and anacs won't. Plus anacs is ugly yellow. I wish one of the two offered edge view holders though. I have a holder in mind, but I am not sure it will fit yet.

There are many Dan Carr pieces certified ANACS 70 and we use a Dan Carr designed label (some pictured on this thread).

There are many of his original pieces graded 70. I have yet to see an actual overstrike graded 70. Can you post an example? It has been common thought that anacs will not give a 70 on an overstrike, as no one has ever gotten one on these boards.

This is my understanding as well, that ANACS did not give MS70 grades to overstrikes but would if deserved to medals. Is it true ANACS will give a MS70 grade if deserved to Dan Carr overstrikes?

GrandAm :)
  • VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Arrivals.....

Dan Fan
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

I'm curious if there's a reason why "forty" is spelled the way it is on the back of the Gruber coin.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@jwitten said:

@ANACSPAUL said:

@jwitten said:

@renman95 said:

@GRANDAM said:

@1940coupe said:

**This is my understanding as well, that ANACS did not give MS70 grades to overstrikes **but would if deserved to medals. Is it true ANACS will give a MS70 grade if deserved to Dan Carr overstrikes?

For sure there isn't an ANACS MS70 Carr overstrike anywhere in this 72 page thread. Nor in any thread anywhere that I've seen.

But I've all seen examples of mistakes in slab labels. So maybe someday someone will find an ANACS-slabbed MS70 Carr overstrike.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@GRANDAM said:

@jwitten said:

@ANACSPAUL said:

@jwitten said:

@renman95 said:

@GRANDAM said:

@1940coupe said:

**This is my understanding as well, that ANACS did not give MS70 grades to overstrikes **but would if deserved to medals. Is it true ANACS will give a MS70 grade if deserved to Dan Carr overstrikes?

For sure there isn't an ANACS MS70 Carr overstrike anywhere in this 72 page thread. Nor in any thread anywhere that I've seen.

But I've all seen examples of mistakes in slab labels. So maybe someday someone will find an ANACS-slabbed MS70 Carr overstrike.

@ANACSPAUL Can you clarify? You will grade his originals a 70, but no one has ever seen or received a 70 for an actual overstrike. Can you post an example of one, or confirm with your graders that they will not give a 70 on an actual overstrike?

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KbKards said:
    I'm curious if there's a reason why "forty" is spelled the way it is on the back of the Gruber coin.

From Dan's website:

"NOTE: 'Fourty' is an old-time spelling, considered by some to be incorrect today, but widely used years ago."
    http://www.dc-coin.com/coloradogoldrushsesquicentennialpioneergold1troyoz999satinfinish-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1.aspx

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2018 2:12PM

Inquiring minds want to know,,,,,

@ANACSPAUL Can you clarify? You will grade his originals a 70, but no one has ever seen or received a 70 for an actual overstrike. Can you post an example of one, or confirm with your graders that they will not give a 70 on an actual overstrike?

GrandAm :)

@ACop said:

Are you sure its that one? I bought that one in August, and I didnt sell it. Maybe i didnt get the one in the pic, i suppose i didnt look at it closely

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2012-2-OZ-999-Silver-Hologram-Exchange-Currency-Concept-50-Minted/232866364334?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Well, I have not received it nor gotten a shipped notice. Sent a message to the seller asking when it will ship and have received no response yet. Monday I will request canceling this order with full refund.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2018 4:37PM

@dcarr said:
    I don't see the final die stage crack that goes from the center to the "C" of AMERICA. So it probably is a middle die state piece. One thing neat about it is that it has a visible "D" mint mark from the host coin.

Took me awhile but I found mine :) "IN GOlD WE TRUST"

(l8-)>>

• SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

A question for the Dan Carr collectors that post here. Do you find the collectibility or desirability of the brass and copper pieces to be more , less, or equal to the silver or gold. I trend toward picking up silver pieces of the items like the Ameros and year of the dog, but shy away from the other metals...likely that i can justify some bullion value, but curious if true collectors value all metals equally desirable?

I like all the metals Dan uses. Id like to get an Aluminium, Palladium or any other metals that he does usually in limited quantities. .

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@ACop said:

Well, I have not received it nor gotten a shipped notice. Sent a message to the seller asking when it will ship and have received no response yet. Monday I will request canceling this order with full refund.

The guy took a while to send mine and he didnt respond at first when I asked. But he did eventually send it. Maybe he had 2 and just used the same pics?

@ACop said:

@Kudbegud said:

@ACop said:

The guy took a while to send mine and he didnt respond at first when I asked. But he did eventually send it. Maybe he had 2 and just used the same pics?

That could be. "A little communication can help a customer accept a lot of problems"

I'll PM you with the sellers name. It might be the same guy.

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

@Kudbegud said:

@ACop said:

Assuming it is this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2012-2-OZ-999-Silver-Hologram-Exchange-Currency-Concept-50-Minted-/232866364334

I had an order from July 14th that he never shipped. I have had many previous successful deals with him (though he would often ship slow). I let it slide past the 30-day mark due to our previous deals.

Then I sent a few emails, and tried to get a refund via Ebay. It was past 30 days, so I wasn't sure it met their policy (which seems to state 30 days). So after a few days I opened a case with PayPal. They finally got me a refund on September 24th.

He never responded to any of the emails, etc.

This is the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232839404179

And, on a related note, I requested (and received) a refund for this Ebay item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253818345959

The seller of the previous item (https://www.ebay.com/itm/232839404179) introduced me (via email) to the seller of the 1909-O Morgan.

Both items (under two different sellers) are listed with a location "Canon City, Colorado".

I requested the refund after two weeks with no shipment, followed by the seller of the 1909-O saying it was listed "under the wrong PayPal account and I need it paid to me please", and asked me to PayPal money to a different account.

@felinfoel said:
    And, on a related note, I requested (and received) a refund for this Ebay item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253818345959

The seller of the previous item (https://www.ebay.com/itm/232839404179) introduced me (via email) to the seller of the 1909-O Morgan.

Both items (under two different sellers) are listed with a location "Canon City, Colorado".

I requested the refund after two weeks with no shipment, followed by the seller of the 1909-O saying it was listed "under the wrong PayPal account and I need it paid to me please", and asked me to PayPal money to a different account.

DANGER Will Robinson !

edited September 28, 2018 10:45PM

@felinfoel said:

Assuming it is this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2012-2-OZ-999-Silver-Hologram-Exchange- Currency-Concept-50-Minted-/232866364334

That's the one. That other listing, https://ebay.com/itm/2012-Daniel-Carr-Exchange-Currency-2-OZ-Silver-Hologram-/173548865625?oid=232866364334 has a much better photo....and a higher price

@SimpleCollector said:
    A question for the Dan Carr collectors that post here. Do you find the collectibility or desirability of the brass and copper pieces to be more , less, or equal to the silver or gold. I trend toward picking up silver pieces of the items like the Ameros and year of the dog, but shy away from the other metals...likely that i can justify some bullion value, but curious if true collectors value all metals equally desirable?

I like the copper & brass, the silver also that's why I purchased all 3.
    Also by offering the copper and brass
    gives collectors with a limited budget to buy his items.

• 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2018 4:52AM

@felinfoel said:

jackpot-gold-n-silver, his first name Josh he was on the Pawn Stars show selling the 1964 DC peace dollar, he used to be very trusted seller of DC coins ? https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/952606/pawn-stars-just-bought-a-1964-d-peace-dollar/p1

@1940coupe said:

jackpot-gold-n-silver, his first name Josh he was on the Pawn Stars show selling the 1964 DC peace dollar, he used to be very trusted seller of DC coins ? https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/952606/pawn-stars-just-bought-a-1964-d-peace-dollar/p1

Correct. I have (previously) bought many coins from Josh. Not sure what's going on, hope he's OK.

• woogloutwooglout Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2018 3:26PM

I too bought an item from the seller in Canon City (the female seller) ... no responses to any communication after I was promised expedited shipping. That promise only came after 2 weeks of non shipment and no replies. Last thing was a label being created but never actually dropped off at post office or put in mail box. I had to open a case for the item. Was refunded promptly. Item was purchased Aug 30. Was refunded this week. BAD SELLER (has a history of it)

EDIT: eBay found in my favor on the case I opened. No response from seller in the 3-day case either. Honestly the first time I've ever left negative feedback on eBay.

@wooglout said:
    Last thing was a label being created but never actually dropped off at post office or put in mail box.

Exact same thing that happened to me with both Canon City sellers.

On a happier note - the latest beauties from Dan just arrived ! All 3 Dogs - Perfect. $40 Dollar Saint - Perfect. $500 Dollar ¼oz Colorado Gold (with signature) - what else but Perfect,

Thank you Dan for your excellent art and production.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 8:03PM

@Kudbegud said:
    $500 Dollar ¼oz Colorado Gold (with signature) - what else but Perfect,

Thank you Dan for your excellent art and production.

Is he signing those? TYIA

• Mfriday4962Mfriday4962 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Pictures are good man! Very Awesome collection!

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    here they are !

Looking good Gluggo !!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file