Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2018 5:28PM

The reverse looks like the Palladium Eagle at least in size ..... looking forward to it :)

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2018 3:07AM

I just ordered one.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    New 2009-DC Proofed coin available from Dan (his photo is attached):

dc-coin.com/
    http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_2.htm

Nice. Just bought one.

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

All “1964” and “1965” dies have been totally defaced and scrapped this is what I used to like to see ! guess that didnt happen with 2009-DC “Proofed” Silver Eagles he could still make somebody one of those still has dies ? so what does that do to value ?

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the overstruck silver eagle proofs.
    So if I sent in a few toned mint state ones, can you overstrike as is? Without preparation?
    Gawdddd, that would be neat. I guess you would call them counterstruck proofs?
    Kinda like you did the counterstruck over Kennedy halves

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Dan I had to go and buy a bunch of the Silver Dollar 2009 Proof's! i could not just buy 1.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    Thank you Dan I had to go and buy a bunch of the Silver Dollar 2009 Proof's! i could not just buy 1.

I had to restrain myself to just one, but now I’m wondering if there will be ghosting on these or not? It would be nice to have one with and one with out...
    I am excited in anticipation! I really love the AW eagle reverse on these.

• Options

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@Gluggo said:

>

Same here really love the eagle!

• Options

Me too :)

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@Gluggo said:
    Same here really love the eagle!

• Options

DC I totally agree your reverse design knocks this coin out of the park. Thank you for your great work.

• Options

@dcarr
    Can you do it in gold?

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@felinfoel said:
    New 2009-DC Proofed coin available from Dan (his photo is attached):

dc-coin.com/
    http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_2.htm

This is probably the closest I will ever be to owning a proof walker. Thanks for the update.

What is the simplest way to get moonlight mint products into anacs plastic?

Either give them to an ANACS rep at a show, or send them in via www.anacs.com.

thefinn
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    @dcarr
    Can you do it in gold?

They're overstrikes not 999 AU/AG generic planchets so thats a no go.

Thinking outside the box though, I guess maybe he could pair the design with gold by using the gold walking liberty as a planchet for gold overstrikes. Curious what he thinks of that idea..

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought one earlier today- hadn't checked Dan's site in a couple of days until this morning, and spilled my coffee over this one! Who needs coffee when you wake up to this sorta adrenaline rush?

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Picked this one up on Ebay last night, sellers pics. Only 19 made for the 2017 Denver ANA Show.
    Paid $49 for it minus $16 Ebay Bucks = $33 total. Sniped it with 3 seconds left... :#

Looks like the counterpunch is punched over something else. Or is that glare?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018 5:53AM

@DCW said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Picked this one up on Ebay last night, sellers pics. Only 19 made for the 2017 Denver ANA Show.
    Paid $49 for it minus $16 Ebay Bucks = $33 total. Sniped it with 3 seconds left... :#

Not sure what happened but it's not glare, maybe that's why it got a 68. I like the look of it though.

• Options

It's a DDO IMHO ;) not a defect in any way.

@Bullsitter said:

Not sure what happened but it's not glare, maybe that's why it got a 68. I like the look of it though.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like "LESHER" is stamped over "Silver". Can't make out the under stamp of "DISPLAY".

• Options

2019 is getting closer! Ok so what does that mean ? 2019 peace dollar is coming the last two years Dan issued them in January cant wait to stock up !

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    It's a DDO IMHO ;) not a defect in any way.

@Bullsitter said:

Sometimes the counterpunch will bounce a little, or make light contact prior to the main blow. That is the case with this one.

• Options
    edited October 28, 2018 12:41PM

That's what I thought too Dan, I was shocked.

• Options

Let not advertise to much its not a done deal till its in your hand. But I am sure it will go smoothly. Nice catch Chief! again!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a "fanboy" mostly of good Dan's coins - I'm looking forward to the first posted pictures of the new 2009 Eagle overstrike proof.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2018 12:18PM

@Gluggo said:
    Let not advertise to much its not a done deal till its in your hand. But I am sure it will go smoothly. Nice catch Chief! again!

Thanks and very good advice.

And it did arrive yesterday and took some shots today. Got to get better lighting soon.

• Options

I want a mule with reverses of the new 2009 AW eagle!
    That would be wild.
    I digress, I am eagerly looking forward to the arrival of this 2009 over Strike and the fourty silver.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Good lord. You don't want to know what they were selling for at Denver. You absolutely STOLE that!

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:

@Bullsitter said:

Good lord. You don't want to know what they were selling for at Denver. You absolutely STOLE that!

Does that qualify for a You Suck?

• Options

Just received the email notice that the 2009-DC "proofed" Silver Over-Strike, Weinman Eagle reverse has shipped !

• Options

Woo-Hoo, on the way !!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Woo-Hoo, on the way !!

Got mine also, be nice to see it.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Just read on another forum that the Year of the Dog Medals have a FINAL Mintage of,

Copper-39
    Brass- 48
    Silver-49

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Just read on another forum that the Year of the Dog Medals have a FINAL Mintage of,

Copper-39
    Brass- 48
    Silver-49

Link?

I searched this & other forums and couldn't find mention that these 3 are final mintages.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2018 8:06PM

Just know I dont think its funny!

• Options

Check this page on Dan's site:
    moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_commem_tokens_list.htm

Shows mintage "so far" the numbers reported above.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

My DC Proof Walkers shipped today.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2018 6:59PM

@COCollector said:

@Bullsitter said:

Copper-39
    Brass- 48
    Silver-49

Link?

I searched this & other forums and couldn't find mention that these 3 are final mintages.

Coin Talk, the Daniel Carr thread.

DAN SAID:
    PS: People may be surprised that the Year-of-the-Dog tokens had final mintages that were only: 48 brass; 39 copper; and 49 silver. And several of the brass and copper were given to non-collectors (my wife's dog park friends). So those probably won't show up in the market. Also, those give-aways have a high probability of being mishandled (impaired condition).

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@COCollector said:

@Bullsitter said:

Copper-39
    Brass- 48
    Silver-49

Link?

Coin Talk, the Daniel Carr thread.

DAN SAID:
    PS: People may be surprised that the Year-of-the-Dog tokens had final mintages that were only: 48 brass; 39 copper; and 49 silver. And several of the brass and copper were given to non-collectors (my wife's dog park friends). So those probably won't show up in the market. Also, those give-aways have a high probability of being mishandled (impaired condition).

Thanks. Now I looked and found it.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file