Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018 9:10PM

@Gluggo said:
    Bruce your colored copper I am guessing there are 2, they both look very different. Which one did you like better the rainbow one or the dark red. Very unique, and thank you for posting your pictures.

Yeah, so different, I like them both.
    They are the color toned copper. Here are the reverses.

And just love the 3 oz. And all the Cobs are really high quantity. You really Out did yourself this year Dan!!! Wow!!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018 10:28PM

@Akbeez said:
    Wow. Tried to register for the KOTCT and got bammed in the final bot question. I'm very good at algebra so a bit baffled why I couldn't register. If blue = blue / red =: _______ wtf? Technically 1/red should be the answer. No banana.
    Feeling rather dense at the moment...

I suspect the answer is red, not 1/red. Or maybe just a simple misspelling or mis-capitalization.

Anyway, try again.

On my cell phone, that site takes 2 attempts to successfully login. No idea why.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2018 10:47AM

WUT? No way ...... Roses are Red ;)

@Akbeez said:
    Wow. Tried to register for the KOTCT and got bammed in the final bot question. I'm very good at algebra so a bit baffled why I couldn't register. If blue = blue / red =: _______ wtf? Technically 1/red should be the answer. No banana.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2018 12:30PM

My only disappointment with this latest batch of KotCt medals is that...I wish that I ordered the 2 and 3 ounce versions. Oh well...they look great!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2018 10:28AM

Only 20 left each on Moonlight's site :

2009 DC "proofed" as well as the 2018 Clark Gruber "$40" Winged Saint-Gaudens :)

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Only 20 left each on Moonlight's site :

2009 DC "proofed" as well as the 2018 Clark Gruber "$40" Winged Saint-Gaudens :)

I have both and they are beautiful!

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

FYI, Dan has a 2011 palladium coin up for sale on his site:

http://www.dc-coin.com/

Dan's photo:

• Options

@felinfoel said:

"NOTE: Four of these were bought back from the original purchaser and are now available again until sold. All are part of the original 2011 mintage of 25 pieces."

https://02f1517.netsolstores.com/coloradogoldrushsesquicentennialpioneergold1troyoz999satinfinish-1-1-1-1.aspx

I bought one, so now there's 3 or less.

• Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    Getting my next ANACS submission ready. Forgot about these two.

I love Dan's octagons, but the squares are cool too.

Nice, I have no idea how I missed those.
    Can't own everything though, that would take away from the fun and the thrill of acquiring one.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:

@felinfoel said:

"NOTE: Four of these were bought back from the original purchaser and are now available again until sold. All are part of the original 2011 mintage of 25 pieces."

https://02f1517.netsolstores.com/coloradogoldrushsesquicentennialpioneergold1troyoz999satinfinish-1-1-1-1.aspx

I got one so maybe 2 left. Thank you @felinfoel for the heads up. If you got one there could be ONE left.

I hesitated for a moment but remembered I was sorry I missed it on the first offering.

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    One of my favorites: a double-struck “1816” Capped Bust Silver Half Dollar

My favorite to here is my triple struck !

• Options

How much was it then? The site said 4 was being bought back from orig. owner ..... consider lucky getting one 7 yrs later :)

@Kudbegud said:

I hesitated for a moment but remembered I was sorry I missed it on the first offering.

• Options
    edited December 26, 2018 4:24PM

@Paradisefound said:
    How much was it then? The site said 4 was being bought back from orig. owner ..... consider lucky getting one 7 yrs later :)

@Kudbegud said:

They were $1,050 back then

Edit to add:
    I just tried to add one to the cart and it worked so there is at least 1 left.

• Options
    edited December 26, 2018 4:35PM

@Paradisefound said:

@Kudbegud said:

As @Kudbegud noted, they were $1,050 then.

Palladium's gone up a lot since 2011 ($600-$700/ounce then, ~$1250 now) .

https://www.kitco.com/charts/techcharts_palladium.html

• Options

Yes indeed. I watch the Pd price along with Au and Ag.

Did you get one felinfoel? If so, only one left.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Yes indeed. I watch the Pd price along with Au and Ag.

Did you get one felinfoel? If so, only one left.

Yes, I bought one. Not much of a markup, considering Palladium's at $1260/ounce right now.

• Options

I am thinking ........ I am thinking :*

• Options

So there is one left as of 1:24 HST, 3:24 PST

• Options
    edited December 26, 2018 9:08PM

In case anyone is interested, Dan's 2014 Kennedy / Apollo 1/2 oz Platinum piece is available now. This was struck using dies sculpted and engraved by Dan but struck by another mint and issued by Endeavor Metals Group.

I'm not affiliated with the sale, nor do I know the owner, but thought some might be interested.

Sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-oz-Platinum-John-F-Kennedy-Apollo-11th-45th-Anniv-1969-2014-ANACS-MS69/123556857970

Dan's Catalog Page:

http://www.moonlightmint.com/other.htm

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was able to pick up a set of the gold Saints 1 at a time - they are pretty cool!

Zoins, you have been busy - things must be quiet at work..... :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Cocollector thank for that APMEX link. Picked up one of the 10 Oz Sovereign coin just now.

Glad I did too... spot silver is up over 4% this week. Woo hoo!

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2018 8:58AM

@PipestonePete said:
    Only 8 of the 2018 "Winged St. Gaudens FOURTY 1-OZ" left and only 5 of the "2009 "PROOFED" ASE left.

I’m glad to have both. I think they look really amazing!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    Only 8 of the 2018 "Winged St. Gaudens FOURTY 1-OZ" left and only 5 of the "2009 "PROOFED" ASE left.

I just ordered one more of each

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

All 4 that became available December 26 - SOLD OUT

It took longer than I figured. I checked this morning...1 still waiting for a home. Checking just now.... GONE
    I hope a forum member got the last one.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, I was looking at that one too but as much as I like Dan's products, this design never grabbed me. Still, good on whomever got this one.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    This isn't one of his latest but it is one of MY latest Carr pieces.

Awesome piece LS !!
    I’ve never seen another anywhere, which leads me to believe it came from Dans personal stash .
    I’ve owned probably 40 of this denomination yet have never seen anything like it .
    In fact I’ve never seen another multi struck Amero piece in any denomination or year .

GREAT ACQUISTION !!

• Options
    BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    bought this from bigpoppascollectablesllc Hugh coin !

It’s a great piece Coupe !!
    It took me over 2 years to find one at the time and was my favorite design year . Dan keeps improving on designs , techniques and machinery, so I have to admit that some of the new stuff is amazing , however I will still always love that 2008 design . I tried to get them all , but failed in my mission .
    Enjoy your new piece in your every growing eclectic DC collection !!
    GREAT STUFF !!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bigpoppas:

I had to arm wrestle Zoins for it...... :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

WUT? No way ...... Roses are Red ;)

@Akbeez said:

OK, feel redeemed. Tried again and the site apparently corrected the problem question by DELETING it! (Thanks Dan). Hopefully I'm now in the KOTCT!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

NEWS BREAK! Someone bought the last 2009-DC (2018) Proof (Weinman) Silver Eagles.
    Couldn't resist. They are very sexy, had to get a few more for a dirty old man. ;)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file