Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2018 4:03PM

2 hours left this one is up to $5,250.00 @ 55 bids so far Kolectorz_inc you rock! I wish I had one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-W-PALLADIUM-EAGLE-Pd-25-HIGH-RELIEF-NGC-PF70-ULTRA-CAMEO-FIRST-DAY-OF-ISSUE/163264212008

55 minutes @ $2,481.00 for a Raw in the unopen box

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Palladium-American-Eagle-1-Oz-Proof-Coin-UNOPENED/382568770047

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭

2450- 2500 still higher ,, shades of the 2006 gold 3pc anniv set

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

First Day of Issue...…...hmmmmm………..weren't they mostly sold all in about 6 minutes?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on my own experience with cancelled orders, I believe orders from 9/19 might turn out to be the last coins shipped from the embassy roof in Saigon!

Has anyone had a 9/20 (or later) order ship?

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    My first 3 have been graded. 2 69's and a 70. Blah. I was hoping for at least 2 70's. I have 4 more still being graded... hopefully I can do a little better on those.

So you were able to get 7 already and may get two more? What is your secret on alts. and doesn't the mint cross check credit cards? It isn't that hard to do multiple emails or even addresses but credit cards are tough. Is the 730 morning window a good bet for sharks like you?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:

@jwitten said:
    My first 3 have been graded. 2 69's and a 70. Blah. I was hoping for at least 2 70's. I have 4 more still being graded... hopefully I can do a little better on those.

So you were able to get 7 already and may get two more? What is your secret on alts. and doesn't the mint cross check credit cards? It isn't that hard to do multiple emails or even addresses but credit cards are tough. Is the 730 morning window a good bet for sharks like you?

Not all of mine were direct from the mint. Many were, but I bought several in the secondary market. I used 2 cards for mint purchases. Several purchases with each card. I had only 2 canceled. I'm not sure why some were confirmed and some canceled.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2018 6:49PM

It seems there is a 6 day waiting period from date ordered to the date shipped.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    2 hours left this one is up to $5,250.00 @ 55 bids so far Kolectorz_inc you rock! I wish I had one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-W-PALLADIUM-EAGLE-Pd-25-HIGH-RELIEF-NGC-PF70-ULTRA-CAMEO-FIRST-DAY-OF-ISSUE/163264212008

55 minutes @ $2,481.00 for a Raw in the unopen box

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Palladium-American-Eagle-1-Oz-Proof-Coin-UNOPENED/382568770047

WOW. Just incredible. I'd assume that these were purchased at a Mint shop and taken right to a show. Well worth the trouble it seems. Crazy.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I went with NGC, even though i had two coins, i figured were pretty easy 70 at NGC, maybe even at PCGS, but I didn't want to take any chances.
    I got 1 - 69 and 1 - 70 .

I'll have to check that 69, but it would seem NGC isn't rubber stamping anything.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2018 8:04PM

Yes,Raufus, gotta fire down below on this beauty. I did not anticipate this strong of a demand and I still want a PCGS70.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2018 8:22PM

1 minute left @ $5250.00 55 bids 2018 W PALLADIUM EAGLE Pd$25 HIGH RELIEF NGC PF70 ULTRA CAMEO FIRST DAY OF ISSUE

Now Pay up!

I guess they want that First Day of Issue Label! :o:o:o:o:o:o

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

My friends order from 9/19 was shipped today. Took a few days longer than mine did but it’s on its way.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems prices on these are steadily climbing, even the 17 Unc's are doing well.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@bestday said:

2450- 2500 still higher ,, shades of the 2006 gold 3pc anniv set

I remember the reverse proof gold 70s alone were going for around $5600 (7X issue price) then settled to around $3300.

This coin nor last years ms version will ever reach those heights.

• Options

They were up for about 15-20 seconds today.

Got one loaded in a cart.

Wonder if the ones ordered this late will ever ship.

Did anyone get one today?

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

I got one loaded in the cart but it was gone before I could click 3 buttons....don’t think it was 15-20 seconds but maybe 10 seconds...I’m a pretty fast button clicker....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@Raufus said:

I was able to finally get one today after about 3 days of trying

• Options

I must be way behind the curve. It only looked like they were up about 5 seconds again. And, of course my click was too late. grr.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@KrustyKrab said:

@Raufus said:

I was able to finally get one today after about 3 days of trying

Congrats!!! I sure hope that these late orders ship!

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    I must be way behind the curve. It only looked like they were up about 5 seconds again. And, of course my click was too late. grr.

Bummer!!! Wishing u best of luck on your next try!!

• Options
    edited September 25, 2018 4:57AM

I managed to get one also on a crappy verizon dsl line. So there were at least two available from what I am reading above.

• Options

How could the US mint be better at preventing multiple purchases from the same household? If their objective is to let every household that wants one near their issue price they are clearly not doing their job.

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I managed to get one also on a crappy verizon dsl line. So there were at least two available from what I am reading above.

Maybe if they sellout today we can petition for a "Last Strike" or "Last Issued" label :)

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    How could the US mint be better at preventing multiple purchases from the same household? If their objective is to let every household that wants one near their issue price they are clearly not doing their job.

I think if you want actual discussion on this it deserves it's own thread.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:

They could probably start with making sure that the billing address and credit cards are unique (since some mentioned using the same billing address but different shipping address).

• Options

@pf70collector said:

Was it already in your cart?

• Options

In my humble opinion, there aren't 15,000 collectors of this series and the primary complaint here boils down to one flipper worried that another flipper is faster in obtaining multiples.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2018 10:37AM

@Raufus said:

@pf70collector said:

Was it already in your cart?

Yes, it was already in my cart. Only possible way to try to get these now is if they are already in your cart.

• Options

Congrats! Well done!

• Options

Crazy but my friends order from yesterday morning shipped!

My other friends 9/21 order still processing.

I ordered both using their accounts. Both standard shipping.

I was very surprised to see yesterday's order ship. 😊

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

The US Mint could care less about multiple orders, actually. They're much too busy trying to scam you out of your returns. I know - they successfully got me for an ounce of Gold back in 2015. But no worries, my buddy, Karma , is still working the case. One day........ One day.........

Signed , sealed , delivered. Justice will be served. 🕵️‍♂️

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    The US Mint could care less about multiple orders, actually. They're much too busy trying to scam you out of your returns. I know - they successfully got me for an ounce of Gold back in 2015. But no worries, my buddy, Karma , is still working the case. One day........ One day.........

Signed , sealed , delivered. Justice will be served. 🕵️‍♂️

I am just curious did they say that they refunded you on your credit card and it never actually showed up on the credit card. Then you have to proove that they never got the money into the credit card account. Thats how they got me it was not worth trying to proove $20.00 worth of credit so I gave up and ate the $20.00. :#

• Options
    TrubachTrubach Posts: 66
    edited September 25, 2018 3:57PM

Can some one help me to figure it out Ebay fees. If I set a 3 day auction and let say my coins will get sold at $2300, how much fees they will charge me? I tried to look at their site and couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

• Options

@Trubach said:
    Can some one help me to figure it out Ebay fees. If I set a 3 day auction and let say my coins will get sold at $2300, how much fees they will charge me? I tried to look at their site and couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

You will pay well over 12% or so if you are not a powerseller/top rated seller with a store, including paypal. Then you have shipping and insurance. I don't know why you would go through this pain and agony when some buyers on the BST are offering $2200 with shipping covered! These are wealthy dealers, not scammers, so I would go that route. Why go through the ebay tire kicking, costs and tricks?

• Options

@logger7 said:

@Trubach said:

You will pay well over 12% or so if you are not a powerseller/top rated seller with a store, including paypal. Then you have shipping and insurance. I don't know why you would go through this pain and agony when some buyers on the BST are offering $2200 with shipping covered! These are wealthy dealers, not scammers, so I would go that route. Why go through the ebay tire kicking, costs and tricks?

How to find those wealthy dealers who would buy it? I have only one coin, still in mint box sealed and need to sell to pay some other bills.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2018 4:13PM

@Trubach said:

Here you go,,,,, plug in the numbers and it will tell you everything,,,,
    http://finalfeecalc.com

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@Trubach said:

@logger7 said:

@Trubach said:

How to find those wealthy dealers who would buy it? I have only one coin, still in mint box sealed and need to sell to pay some other bills.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1005082/wtb-2200-with-shipping-on-me-per-on-2018-palladium-meessage-me#latest

Also Wondercoin; also Jay Rudo, "twistedarrow".

• Options

@logger7 said:

@Trubach said:

@logger7 said:

@Trubach said:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1005082/wtb-2200-with-shipping-on-me-per-on-2018-palladium-meessage-me#latest

Also Wondercoin; also Jay Rudo, "twistedarrow".

thank you

• Options

@Trubach said:

@logger7 said:

@Trubach said:

If you open a store you will pay around 9%. 6.1% ebay fees and 2.9% paypal fees. Plus whatever it costs to ship and insure, so probably around 12% makes sense includeing everything.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018 3:23AM

@pf70collector said:

@Trubach said:

@logger7 said:

@Trubach said:

You will pay well over 12% or so if you are not a powerseller/top rated seller with a store, including paypal. Then you have shipping and insurance. I don't know why you would go through this pain and agony

If you open a store you will pay around 9%. 6.1% ebay fees and 2.9% paypal fees. Plus whatever it costs to ship and insure, so probably around 12% makes sense includeing everything.

Mostly accurate but the shipping on a $2000 coin will not add 3%. More like 1% and maybe 1% for one month store fees, assuming you aren't selling anything else to distribute the store costs across

• Options

Did it come up at all today?

• Options

I didn't see it, did you?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2018 4:40AM

It came up,,,,, tried to add to bag but the screen never changed,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for me as well.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2018 4:46AM

Wow! No idea how I missed it. Ugh

• Options

I didn't see it. Maybe it was only up for a 2-3 seconds instead of the usual 10

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw it also - frozen screen then not available again. Just a few seconds, maybe someone here got the last one?

Jim

• Options
    edited September 26, 2018 5:40AM

There was a day when it was up for a second if it all a few days ago and then the next day was back for like 10 or 15 seconds then it's just impossible to predict.

I just cannot believe that I missed it I had multiple screens open just go from confirm order to confirm order to confirm order it couldn't have been up more than 5 or 10 seconds Sarah would have gotten one.

that's clearly the difference between trying this one a phone versus a high speed computer like I have at home. If I have been at home on my computer I'm sure I could have nailed it if it was even up for a few seconds.

Will see again tomorrow

Dictated sorry for any typos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file