Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Strange about the cart thing with the Palladium. The only way I get the RP sets are if they are left in my cart from a previous attempt. Never saw an "invalid item" pop up.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 6:35AM

@pf70collector said:
    FYI. I left the item in my cart from yesterday.

So, this morning, I refreshed the page but it never came up available on my check out page. If you have it in your bag you may get locked out.

So dumping the coin from your cart is the way to go it seems and start all over again unless someone was successful with the coin still in their bag this morning.

I was thinking that the way to go might be to keep it in the cart, go to the point of confirm order and keep refreshing. My thought being that when it becomes available it will no longer say invalid item and then hit confirm order.

You're saying that u tried exactly that w no luck? That, despite that it did become available the invalid item notice never went away?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could it be they have tweaked the HHL code rules and you are seeing the result?

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 9:40AM

Nice rim damage on this expensive $4,395.00 Like they MCM said buy the Label and Not the Coin. 2018-W $25 Palladium Eagle PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST STRIKE - DAVID HALL SIGNED LABEL on Ebay

Very Impressive on the WE nice.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 10:20AM

@Raufus said:

@pf70collector said:

So, this morning, I refreshed the page but it never came up available on my check out page. If you have it in your bag you may get locked out.

So dumping the coin from your cart is the way to go it seems and start all over again unless someone was successful with the coin still in their bag this morning.

I was thinking that the way to go might be to keep it in the cart, go to the point of confirm order and keep refreshing. My thought being that when it becomes available it will no longer say invalid item and then hit confirm order.

You're saying that u tried exactly that w no luck? That, despite that it did become available the invalid item notice never went away?

I was in the check out window with the coin in my cart though not available. I was not checked out nor at the last step of confirm order. I intentionally left the shipping, credit card, etc info not filled in yet. I was hoping when it became available in my cart after refreshing the page, I would fill out the shipping, billing, etc. I was following what MorganMan94 had posted.

I kept refreshing at 7 30 AM but the "not available" never switched to available in my cart. I believe you are locked out if you have the "invalid product" showing up in your check out window.

Maybe the mint has changed the terminology from "household limit reached" to "invalid product". I don't know.

The mint is essentially offering for the first time a lottery for these palladium coins for whoever has "the fastest gun in the west" as far as checkout. It may never happen again. Good Luck everyone.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

There used to be a specific "exceeded Household limit" message

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    The Mint should just kill this coin and say sold out. Nothing ever said they have to sell exactly 15,000 of these. Current sales are close enough in my opinion, and they should just melt any new returns.

Too much overhead cost and time wasted on selling a couple coins a day, editing website code, or keeping hundreds?, dozens?, of people up at stupid hours like 4:30 AM West Coast.

They should put some more effort in explaining the website rules for HHL that are more detailed than currently posted, and maybe this system will be better next time.

Why should they care that we I insist on getting up and stalking the website?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Those who put in the work (getting to the Mint page @ 7:30 EDT) should get the rewards.

• Options
    edited September 30, 2018 10:32AM

@Kudbegud said:

No.

As I've noted, I'm ordering on friends account.

He's never bought one. Totally unique account in absolutely every respect. Not even the same state.

That's why none of this makes any sense to me whatsoever
    It has nothing to do with the household limits. Just makes no sense.

• Options

@pf70collector said:

@Raufus said:

@pf70collector said:

I was in the check out window with the coin in my cart though not available. I was not checked out nor at the last step of confirm order. I intentionally left the shipping, credit card, etc info not filled in yet. I was hoping when it became available in my cart after refreshing the page, I would fill out the shipping, billing, etc. I was following what MorganMan94 had posted.

I kept refreshing at 7 30 AM but the "not available" never switched to available in my cart. I believe you are locked out if you have the "invalid product" showing up in your check out window.

Maybe the mint has changed the terminology from "household limit reached" to "invalid product". I don't know.

The mint is essentially offering for the first time a lottery for these palladium coins for whoever has "the fastest gun in the west" as far as checkout. It may never happen again. Good Luck everyone.

@pf70collector said:

@Raufus said:

@pf70collector said:

Thanks very much.for the info.

I have no idea what their intention is what these changes. it wouldn't seem to accomplish anything as it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with household limits at all.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 10:39AM

@Kudbegud said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Those who put in the work (getting to the Mint page @ 7:30 EDT) should get the rewards.

Yes, rewards are nice to those who have multiple households and/or make the effort to figure out the website, but if the Mint is going to do this, it should be on or after 12 noon EDT.

I believe this system is really unfair to those in Alaska, Hawaii, and the West Coast who currently have to sign in at 1:30AM, and 4:30 AM under the current rules.

• Options
    edited September 30, 2018 10:54AM
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I slept in today they can keep that coin. I was thinking why doesn't the mint just have a waiting list you put your name or order in and see if you get one, they are not very smart.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

For those still trying, I think they have started to monitor computer IP addresses or maybe your browsing history brings up a flag that it has been on the same order page before. If I was still trying to get my first one, or helping someone else, I would try clearing my browsing history first which might help with the invalid message (note it will remove things in a cart, but might reset it to indicate new buyer), or try doing it from a different computer.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

So who is getting orders in, I'm wondering? Must be pushing em out the backdoor to their buddies? Is the 3 - 30 second appearance just a brief show to make the backdoor path look legal? Or maybe the software has a glitch that shows product available for a few seconds when there rrally isn't.

Seems like a waste of time, to me. 😴

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

$2500 - $2600..... Raw..... on the bay

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the periodic updates, bestday. Fun to watch.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 3:30PM
  • Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    Strange about the cart thing with the Palladium. The only way I get the RP sets are if they are left in my cart from a previous attempt. Never saw an "invalid item" pop up.

The only way I have been getting the RP sets is when the Palladium chance poops out in the first 30 seconds and I move on and low and behold the Rp's are for a moment available.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    For those still trying, I think they have started to monitor computer IP addresses or maybe your browsing history brings up a flag that it has been on the same order page before. If I was still trying to get my first one, or helping someone else, I would try clearing my browsing history first which might help with the invalid message (note it will remove things in a cart, but might reset it to indicate new buyer), or try doing it from a different computer.

This crossed my mind and I agree completely. Had one in my cart that was added yesterday and removed it this morning before the "opening". Product became available this morning and could not even get it into the cart. This attempt was with a completely clean account. New/different everything, except the PC. Of course I will try again. Have to be up anyways.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

take look at sold listingson the bay ....as high as $2,650..... sold

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay sales are so weird. I had my 70 as a buy it now for $3,150 and it wasn't getting any love, while some true auctions were getting bid above that price, lol.

• Options
    edited September 30, 2018 7:48PM

Last PR70 sold for $3,063 a few minutes ago. They are all over the place now. Much higher so far with "special inserts or labels". I believe these in normal flag labels will fall just under $3,000 within a week or two, as I just do not think there are that many real collectors compared to opportunists.

• Options

@Goldminers said:

I had thought of that. Still, even if from the same IP address if for a totally unique account I don't see why they'd care.

I'll try from a work computer tomorrow. I'll let you guys know if it makes any difference.

• Options
    edited October 1, 2018 4:33AM

It looks like it didn't come up at all this morning.

Did anyone see it come up? Was anyone able to check out?

Also my buddies account where there had been one in the car it was locked. I don't know if he screwed up the password enough times that they locked him out or if they just locked the accounts where people had them in their cart to anyone else experienced that?

• Options

I did not see it come up either. I think it is time for that lady to sing.

Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options

Any other accounts locked that had one in the cart?

• Options
    edited October 1, 2018 5:17AM

Nope. Did not see it become available.

I am not sure about those that have it in the cart are getting through because of the "invalid product" message since my last experience and previous post. Would be interesting to see if they did get through. I dumped mine and started all over.

Almost a month now and plenty of time for returns, undeliverables even from overseas if that is the case.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Any other accounts locked that had one in the cart?

I could not get screen to change for placing order,,,,, had 1 in cart for 4 days now.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I was wondering if anyone else thinks the W in WE is different on some coins.

Several pictures I have seen look like they have a taller left side of the W (see some from MCM on eBay), but others have it level with the rest of the letters.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious, doe the mint ship to a PO Box?

My coin was just shipped UPS.

I have seen handoffs between UPS & USPS and was curious if this may be the case through the mint.

Thanks again!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Yes, they ship to PO Boxes. UPS will transfer to USPS for final delivery.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks GRANDAM!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any chance these will spot in PCGS plastic?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@morgansforever said:
    Any chance these will spot in PCGS plastic?

Palladium is not very reactive. It shouldn't. It's like platinum not silver

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018 7:14AM

@Kudbegud said:
    I'm not so confident on more being minted next year Miles. Both years have seen 15,000 made. Both years generated lots of attention. Something the mint likes.

I don't know if it's in the authorization law, if it is, I'd like to see in addition to a 1oz, proof or unc., a half ounce version.

They need to get back to what they were doing in 2006-2008 with the burnished gold and platinum coins and I agree with MilesWaits on that this is one of the mint's best issues and I believe since the 2009 UHR.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options

Anyone get one today?
    We're up but not long enough for me to check out.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

I see Pinehurst Coins had over 50 of these.....and in PR70 from NGC.....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018 9:14AM

Yes pinehurst has been buying these raw by the score and they've been paying well.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Anyone get one today?

Yes, I would say only 15 secs or less. Not sold out yet but probably close.

• Options

Not sure if this should be it's own thread, but found the following interesting. I pulled it from the "Public Law 111-113" which gives the mint the authorization to produce Palladium coins. Think this could indicate maybe A reverse proof or enhanced version for next year? What impact to the first year possible holding a nice premium?

‘‘(5) QUALITY.—The Secretary may issue the coins described in paragraph (1) in both proof and uncirculated versions, except that, should the Secretary determine that it is appropriate to issue proof or uncirculated versions of such coin, the Secretary shall, to the greatest extent possible, ensure that the surface treatment of each year’s proof or uncirculated version differs in some material way from that of the preceding year.

• Options

The sales number as of 9/30

The cumulative sales number actually dropped from last weeks number - 14,881 - by 6. Crazy numbers even for the Mint. This has to end soon. Forum posters have reported several acquisitions during the past week and yet the remaining number of coin under the 15,000 max has gone up to 125. Huh?

• Options

@92vette said:
    Yes pinehurst has been buying these raw by the score and they've been paying well.

How much is well?

• Options

@pf70collector said:

@Raufus said:
    Anyone get one today?

Did you get one?

• Options

@Raufus said:

@pf70collector said:

@Raufus said:
    Anyone get one today?

Did you get one?

No. And I have the invalid code again in my bag. I started from the beginning refreshing the product page.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

The cumulative sales number actually dropped from last weeks number - 14,881 - by 6. Crazy numbers even for the Mint. This has to end soon. Forum posters have reported several acquisitions during the past week and yet the remaining number of coin under the 15,000 max has gone up to 125. Huh?

Strange indeed after almost a month.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018 1:10PM

@Raufus said:

@92vette said:

How much is well?

Last week, $2500 sealed box. Probably not now.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2018 1:30PM

@Kudbegud said:

That is very common on limited editions near the max. There are returns and cancellations but very few sales. It is not uncommon for some issues to have negative HUNDREDS from one week to the next. (Although usually for larger mintages.)

No real surprise there.

I should also add that, contrary to the myth that's been circulating on this thread, the sales are not due to cancellations from the prior day or anything on that short a time line. It usually takes them a couple days to cancel an order because they try to verify missing information (usually) before cancelling. There's also a processing lag time. For returns, it could takes days or weeks for processing.

It is a long road from "unavailable" to "sold out" for most issues.

• Options

I like the label,,,,,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file