Home U.S. Coin Forum

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@MorganMan94 said:
    My co-worker picked up ANOTHER one today! They now have gotten four, they must have more luck than I do.

That's incredible.

They were able to add one to a cart and check out in the 15 or so seconds that it was up? I tried on a super fast computer w/very high speed internet and wasn't able to check out in time. That's just incredible.

Yep! They were using what is likely some of the fastest internet in Iowa. As a family they have gotten 4, with one of them buying 3 of the 4. They also didn't start trying until September 21st.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

How the heck do you add it to your cart when it's not available? Don't expect anyone to divulge their secret.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    How the heck do you add it to your cart when it's not available? Don't expect anyone to divulge their secret.

I don't, you just have to refresh it and when it is available add it to the cart then.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Kind of a multiple day project...

..add to cart....can't check out BUT it's there for a try on another day minus the add to cart step

@MorganMan94 said:

@morgansforever said:

I don't, you just have to refresh it and when it is available add it to the cart then.

Ahhhh, CTRL + R all day sounds like fun, like winning a small lotto. I have to work unfortunately, I have a Gov't to feed and my web access is restricted at work. Guess 'm SOL.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    Kind of a multiple day project...

..add to cart....can't check out BUT it's there for a try on another day minus the add to cart step

That's how it used to be.

Now, it says invalid item in the cart and that does not change. You have to do the entire transaction at once in seconds.

I'm amazed that they were able to do so. I went so fast this morning and missed it.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

I was fortunate to get one confirmed order this morning. Went to shipped status a little while ago.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@Insider2 said:

@Bullsitter said:
    On the way to PCGS..... B)...in a hurry so not the best shot, coin still in capsule.

Looks like a 69. let use know.

Hot dang, 2 for 2.... B)

We need to take you to vegas and throw the Dice! Congrats! :):):):)

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Bullsitter said:

@Insider2 said:

@Bullsitter said:
    On the way to PCGS..... B)...in a hurry so not the best shot, coin still in capsule.

Looks like a 69. let use know.

Hot dang, 2 for 2.... B)

We need to take you to vegas and throw the Dice! Congrats! :):):):)

congrats ..dealer friend hit.... 5 ....70s ,out of 32

• dmwestdmwest Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭

@bestday

congrats ..dealer friend hit.... 5 ....70s ,out of 32

Wow - I feel lucky to have gotten 1/2.

Don't quote me on that.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

So while everyone is busy trying their best getting one in their cart and then getting one purchased the next day.....has anyone noticed that the price has gone UP??? It's now up a hundred dollars selling for $1487.50 even though it's nearly impossible to get and is basically unavailable.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    So while everyone is busy trying their best getting one in their cart and then getting one purchased the next day.....has anyone noticed that the price has gone UP??? It's now up a hundred dollars selling for $1487.50 even though it's nearly impossible to get and is basically unavailable.

Price is just based on the average Palladium value, which went up.

"Unavailable" is not "sold out". As long as it is in the catalog, the price will be re-evaluated every Wednesday

@fox9487 said:
    I was fortunate to get one confirmed order this morning. Went to shipped status a little while ago.

Did u place the order start to finish this morning from an empty cart?

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are getting fast. Nice grades make that money every one Christmas in around the corner.

Hoard the keys.
  • fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@fox9487 said:

Did u place the order start to finish this morning from an empty cart?

Yes, I did.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Finally got one. After waking up at 4:20am for 11 days straight. Thank you guys for all the help!

Put one in the cart went to check out but rec the same old massage.

Hoard the keys.
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

After getting 'invalid product' message several days, was only able to put one in cart by using a different device, probably a different IP address also.

It's amazing that u all can get this done start to finish. I've not been able to check out in time.

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2018 6:19AM

NO BULLION PALLADIUM IN 2018.

I’ve been out of the country for a while, so maybe I missed this before?

That likely doesn’t hurt the prices of the proofs I would think.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

I’ve been out of the country for a while, so maybe I missed this before?

That likely doesn’t hurt the prices of the proofs I would think.

Wondercoin.

Are these a new series now? Will they be making more next year?

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of things don’t hurt the pricing of the proofs including the intrinsic beauty, Mitch!
    And, oh, the metal composition is Palladium. Try finding an earlier version of that combo.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

It's hard to tell why it's a 69 and not a 70. But then that is usually hard to tell.

For what they charge for coin grading you would think they could add that information on your return paperwork. I mean, if they saw a flaw to make it a 69 they could take 10 seconds to note where the flaw was. Shoot, they could even charge like $5 for this service.

• ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Submitted mine a week ago, still waiting on the grade... I did get my ASE 2008/2007 Rev's graded SP70 though... that's a bonus, and a Mark Twain Gold Unc at SP70 too... it was a good day yesterday, but can't find FMV's on these... even eBay is showing predominantly NGC's...

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

Same deal again today.

Fast computer. Fast connection. Added to cart the moment it came up. Gone by check out. I have no idea how those that got coins doing this did it. Ugh.

@Raufus said:
    Same deal again today.

Fast computer. Fast connection. Added to cart the moment it came up. Gone by check out. I have no idea how those that got coins doing this did it. Ugh.

Are you using the same account to buy them? Or a different account for each one?

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2018 6:05AM

Wanted to try something different.

I just kept mine in my bag from yesterday and had everything set up to the place order button and at 7 30 AM just kept hitting the place order button. I never refreshed to see if it became available.

That didn't work,

So will start all over from scratch tomorrow.

I still think these are gone in about 15 sec.

@SeatedToners said:

@Raufus said:
    Same deal again today.

Are you using the same account to buy them? Or a different account for each one?

Unique account of a friend. Totally unique in every respect from any other mint account.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

When shipping these how did you ship yours? Registered, Priority, Express?
    Thanks for your input.

edited October 5, 2018 1:22PM

@Bullsitter said:
    When shipping these how did you ship yours? Registered, Priority, Express?
    Thanks for your input.

For a $1500 coin always Registered Mail for me, anything less is open season. Might be more expensive and really slow but at least I have peace of mind.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2018 1:46PM

I shipped three Plats all Priority mail....no issues. Never had issues with priority for any shipments of any value coins

If it makes YOU feel better to insure to the max or use registered go for it...it will make you feel better

lightning fast again this morning. It was up for only a second or two

edited October 6, 2018 4:34AM

Window changed from add to bag but would never go to checkout status. Probably only one or two offered.

Wonder how many are still refreshing the Mint's page right now? Be glad when this goes to all out.

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin.

Is there an official statement released somewhere from the mint?

Apmex mentioned this too.

I tried. Was able to add to cart but invalid by the time I was at confirm. I really don't know how people are able to add to cart and check out any faster than I am.

still $2450 - $2600 on the bay .. 1 raw BIN sale for $2795...…. BST top bid price still at $2300.... dealer friend , had 1 person come in ,offering to sell 4 coins ....seller wanted $2400 each

1st strike cut off coming up.... Keep your box's sealed.

Hoard the keys.
    edited October 7, 2018 6:06AM

I bid dropped on final sale. Maybe a fluk

$2850 Gold Shield PR70

The listing you're looking for has ended.
    2018-W $25 Palladium Eagle PCGS PR70DCAM First Strike Gold Shield label in hand!
    2018-W $25 Palladium Eagle PCGS PR70DCAM First Strike Gold Shield label in hand!
    Condition: --
    Ended: Oct 06, 2018, 02:44:24 PM PDT
    Price: US $2,850.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-W-25-Palladium-Eagle-PCGS-PR70DCAM-First-Strike-Gold-Shield-label-in-hand-/132800721402?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

The plane blue label kiss of death.... Flag label or one of the others but not the blue cert for now and it's only one that sold for that.. As for selling we never know what something will sell for , As for me if it sold for that it is what it is not right to pull it from the buyer it's just not right don't like it but I stand by my word and it is golden done deal win some lose some it's life.

Hoard the keys.

I am afraid that Both the blue label and the flag label sold for that price.

That price might look fairly strong a few weeks from now. That same Flag seller has about a dozen or more open bids already listed on EBay closing in the next week or so. Anyone want to bet a craft beer the flag 70s drop into the “$2,700’s” by this time next week?

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

BINS now for $2800 for the blue label with Gold Shield.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

The top was seen for raws at 2,500 when at the same time PCGS FS 70’s we’re struggling to get 3,200
    It looks like the race to the bottom has begun. However, if most flippers are out of their “raws” and not in the grading game, then we may see stabilization. Anyway, I see a stabilization point around 2,650-2,700 for a short time; eventually falling to 2,300-2,400

7/8...

Regarding 70’s- Nothing will be stable if one large seller continues to post a dozen or two open bids at $1 every 7-10 days with no end in sight. Whenever that stops, I also see a stabilization point for a short time. Perhaps followed by a rise in eBay selling prices just as possible as a drop.

As always, just my two cents.

Wondercoin.

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Has any recent "limited" mintage Coin ever sold the full stated mintage? I believe maybe one of the Baseball issues actually went over the limit, but my memory is failing me at this moment.

Anyway, what's the chances this Palladium Proof will sell the full 15,000 ? The numbers aren't moving up too much are they?

The Palladium mania starting to subside for the 1st round ..most bay auction deals for raw $2350- 2500 …. dealer friend dropped his buy price to $1,675

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

More "not sold out" numbers posted.

As of 10-7-18

This is the oddest cumulative series of numbers I've seen

Anything new and exciting on these ?

Looks like 2,650 in PCGS PR70

Ouch!! That hurts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list