Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Has any recent "limited" mintage Coin ever sold the full stated mintage? I believe maybe one of the Baseball issues actually went over the limit, but my memory is failing me at this moment.

Anyway, what's the chances this Palladium Proof will sell the full 15,000 ? The numbers aren't moving up too much are they?

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

The Palladium mania starting to subside for the 1st round ..most bay auction deals for raw $2350- 2500 …. dealer friend dropped his buy price to $1,675

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

More "not sold out" numbers posted.

As of 10-7-18

This is the oddest cumulative series of numbers I've seen

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything new and exciting on these ?

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

Looks like 2,650 in PCGS PR70

• Options

Ouch!! That hurts.

• Options

even worse. The seller has to have a bottom soon, I believe they were paying up for raws

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Yea texasgse's bids for raws were matching/beating anyone on this board a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@92vette said:
    Yea texasgse's bids for raws were matching/beating anyone on this board a couple weeks ago.

By beating, do you meant X amount of $$$ over issue price liked Coinflip or best comical offer at $200 over as from Chessman?? lol

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

@92vette said:

By beating, do you meant X amount of $$$ over issue price liked Coinflip or best comical offer at $200 over as from Chessman?? lol

People on this board were paying $500 over. So beating ANYONE is not Chessman.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

@92vette said:

Highest bid I saw on the board was 2300 and free shipping. Texas GSE was topping topping that for a little while.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

did Texas GSE posted on BST also?

Also, what's going on this week with the mint? Still a trickle here and there every day?

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

The price drops were easy to predict (see my posts of last week when the open bids began).

Where it stops is the "$64,000" question.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@wondercoin said:
    The price drops were easy to predict (see my posts of last week when the open bids began).

Where it stops is the "$64,000" question.

Wondercoin

I'll take a guess: $1750

The 2017 Uncs were selling raw around that number ($1500-$1800) before the 2018 hype. I'd imagine you'll see both coins in that same range once the dust settles on this round. Eventually, I think they both pull back further. But for now, I think the floor is around $1750 (raw).

• Options

When you are “in” many coins at 2300 a pop, unless your willing to take a loss, the $1 start has got to start hurting soon on PR70
    That has to be the situation of the dealer mentioned

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

They're still available from the mint this AM!

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2018 4:54AM

Available now for at least 5 minutes.

• Options

Still available... I wonder if this is the last push to get them to the max mintage. Wow!

• Options

still available. Ordered one. We'll see if it gets canceled.

• Options

Not available anymore.

• Options

@Weather11am said:
    Still available... I wonder if this is the last push to get them to the max mintage. Wow!

well, or it might be that fewer people are stalking the site now. With the premium coming down on raw coins and the price up to $1487, it's not the big winner it was at the beginning anymore.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2018 7:53AM

Still hovering around $2000-$2100 for raws on ebay, though not many sales. I am seeing an increase of 50 more items being offered than last week. I will see if I get the one I ordered this morning. My guess is they probably had the last 129 for sale.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait till these eBay buyers start returning the coins when they realize the price has fallen.

I would much rather sell to a dealer here and have a "DONE DEAL" and not worry about the possible returns.

Not all will do this but is always a concern.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@GRANDAM said:
    Just wait till these eBay buyers start returning the coins when they realize the price has fallen.

I would much rather sell to a dealer here and have a "DONE DEAL" and not worry about the possible returns.

Also helps if they are dealers buying on ebay and they leave positive feedback after the sale. That is pretty much a done deal too.

• Options

@GRANDAM said:

I get very few returns...and I was selling gold from $1300 per ounce down to $1190 per ounce. None came back. Despite the Forum members being obsessed with the possibility of massive returns, I have not seen a deluge despite offering free 30 day returns since April.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@GRANDAM said:

I get very few returns...and I was selling gold from $1300 per ounce down to $1190 per ounce. None came back. Despite the Forum members being obsessed with the possibility of massive returns, I have not seen a deluge despite offering free 30 day returns since April.

+1 Possible fear of return paranoia is prevalent on this forum. Like jmlanzaf, I have a 30 day return on all non bullion products policy. Not one return in over 2 years since I started that policy.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@92vette said:

Where did u see his bid? How high did they get for raws?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Were these up again this morning?

I didn't even try today or yesterday. It sounds like it would have been an easy score yesterday

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Yes, they were up again this morning for the briefest of moments.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting at a show today I saw one dealer offer $1600 and the seller did not sell it. Few weeks ago several dealers were overing over $2000. I would say that the window is closing.

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options

@ScarsdaleCoin said:
    Interesting at a show today I saw one dealer offer $1600 and the seller did not sell it. Few weeks ago several dealers were overing over $2000. I would say that the window is closing.

I think it's all but closed. eBay price is down to $2000 today. So, I'd imagine the wholesale price is the $1600 you saw at the show - for now. Since they cost $1500 from the Mint, so we're pretty much down to parity.

• Options

So about $1800 net after fees(paypal and ebay) if you sell a sealed raw for $2000 on ebay with a store. So $300 profit is still not bad.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@ScarsdaleCoin said:

I think it's all but closed. eBay price is down to $2000 today. So, I'd imagine the wholesale price is the $1600 you saw at the show - for now. Since they cost $1500 from the Mint, so we're pretty much down to parity.

Has the market for these just plain dropped because the FS label is not available for those sold/shipped after the cut off date? Of course that is why. That just boggles my mind. You guys and gals here are suppose to be the best of the best. It is just a label. The coin is still the same. I guess the price is dropping so fast that I would be best served to just return the one I purchased from the mint yesterday as soon as it arrives.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@fox9487 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ScarsdaleCoin said:

Has the market for these just plain dropped because the FS label is not available for those sold/shipped after the cut off date? Of course that is why. That just boggles my mind. You guys and gals here are suppose to be the best of the best. It is just a label. The coin is still the same. I guess the price is dropping so fast that I would be best served to just return the one I purchased from the mint yesterday as soon as it arrives.

That's not really logical what you wrote. You ASSUME the price drop is because of the FS cut off date and then complain that we are dumb for ascribing to your assumption. The price drop might just be because just about everyone who wants one has one and a lot of people who don't want one still have some they are trying to get rid of. Good old supply and demand.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:

dealer friend now paying $1500 ...dwn from $2000 ....if you have not sold ....hold.. prices will rebound once sellers who need to sell are cleared

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    So about $1800 net after fees(paypal and ebay) if you sell a sealed raw for $2000 on ebay with a store. So $300 profit is still not bad.

Yes. If you want to retail them - which is what I'm going to do if they send me my next one.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

The open bid offerings of the FS Flag label coins at $1 Start price MIGHT be coming to a close soon. One big seller is now down to about 7 offerings per week - down from about 14 last week (and has raised their BIN price recently by about $200/coin).

Has the bottom price been hit (for now) on FS 70 PCGS coins at $2,400 -$2,500?

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Precious Metal Products 18EK 2018 AM EAGLE PALLADIUM PROOF 1 OZ 14864 10/14/2018

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    Precious Metal Products 18EK 2018 AM EAGLE PALLADIUM PROOF 1 OZ 14864 10/14/2018

The odd thing about this week's sales numbers: The Palladium Proofs did go on sale several times this week and the net number went DOWN. The Reverse Proof sets were never on sale this week and the net number went UP!!!

I wonder about the time lag in booking sales/returns.

• Options

Oh, and I did receive shipping confirmation on my Mint order from Saturday. So, I guarantee you 2 things:

1. I will be posting one for sale next week, so...
    2. Expect further, significant, price drops over the weekend.

:smile:

• Options
    edited October 17, 2018 5:10AM

My order from Saturday has shipped. I don't think none came on sale this morning.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Oh, and I did receive shipping confirmation on my Mint order from Saturday. So, I guarantee you 2 things:

1. I will be posting one for sale next week, so...
    2. Expect further, significant, price drops over the weekend.

:smile:

Sealed boxes on ebay went for $2300 and $2186 yesterday.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to figure out the surprise that the prices are declining. How many collectors are there versus how many are trying out even low level flips.I hope they do drop to issue & shake out the greedy bozos. I, for one, bought one, left in OGP and will not sell.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018 5:46AM

@7Jaguars said:
    I'm trying to figure out the surprise that the prices are declining. How many collectors are there versus how many are trying out even low level flips.I hope they do drop to issue & shake out the greedy bozos. I, for one, bought one, left in OGP and will not sell.

I'm in your camp. After the last drop of blood is squeezed out of the last collector, the flippers will be at the front of the line ( at the mint) for the next fiasco the mint perpetrates on us. Pre selling on eBay, of course.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

When the sealed boxes are begging for Bullion Value, someone give me a nudge... please. 😥

Hey only kidding ... I hope. 😔

Hey my Roomey Girl works for a well stocked Salvation Army in a ritzey area near the Sports God Mansions in the Northern Big D Burbs. Lots of hidden treasures in there... but no Coins ( a VERY GOOD thing actually 🤑). Anyway I picked up some Fire King Dinnerware and some Depression Glass today. Started talking to this old guy that gave me a Card for some Great Lakes Depression Glass Club . He seemed to be very knowlegable about all areas of Glasware and I'm hoping to run into him again and pick his Brain clean about my new " round objects" obsession.

Well, guess I'm off in a new Direction. A month ago I picked up an "Apollo 11 - 25th Anniversary ; Bradford Exchange" Plate with the same design thats going to be reused on the USM Coin next year. Guess that just accentuates the limited imagination of the beltway brain trust. I had to part with around $2.00 for the 24 year old Plate. That relieves me of any pressure to buy any Clad, Silver, or Gold repetition of artwork.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you get one graded now, you will not be getting the special label, FIRST STRIKE or FIRST DAY because it's been over the time limit of one month right? But I really don't understand that since they were virtually sold out in minutes. They're basically ALL First Day of Issue aren't they?? Well, I guess maybe the couple that trickle out of the mint at 7:30 AM wouldn't qualify. That's why I always remember those famous words uttered here over n' over, Buy the coin- not the label.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just a policy. You know, a policy, some rule that was made up because it sounded good to some one in accounting. No real reason.

Now if you keep the original box that shipped from the mint, before the cut off date, you can still get it slabbed with the First Strike label for a hundred years. No time limit.

• Options

@Onastone said:
    So if you get one graded now, you will not be getting the special label, FIRST STRIKE or FIRST DAY because it's been over the time limit of one month right? But I really don't understand that since they were virtually sold out in minutes. They're basically ALL First Day of Issue aren't they?? Well, I guess maybe the couple that trickle out of the mint at 7:30 AM wouldn't qualify. That's why I always remember those famous words uttered here over n' over, Buy the coin- not the label.

You can buy the label...but make it the grade not all that other crap: trolleys, FDOI, 1st Strike, Early Releases...all artifical nonsense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file