• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Could be worse;
    "Did anyone ever have a D.Carr coin CAC?"
    Sorry, I couldn't resist!

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manorcourtman said:
    Stopped by and met Dan at the show. Bought quite a few things from him. He had a fantastic bunch of coins on display and for sale. He's a great guy with a LOT of talent. Here's three of my purchases:

AWESOME!!! Pretty cool you had a chance to meet Dan. I'm curious now what all he had on his table... :#

• Options

@CascadeChris said:
    Well here's my Carr show booty. Wish I could have grabbed some more pieces but this lot was a pretty penny for me at the moment. Money very well spent though :)

Holy Cow Chris! That is a cache of cool if I ever seen one. Antiqued 1.5 oz Owl? There can't be too many of those floating around...was that an experimental Dan did? I don't even see that in his mint figures. Is it the only one? That's phenomenal. Good for you!

• Options

I agree, the antiqued octagon is very nice looking.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    only 1 per, except the Merlin bars

That was an error in the listing (now corrected). There is now no ordering limit on the non-hologram eclipse medals. However, I will cut off new orders for them at the end of the month. And there may also be a period of several days this month while my web site is down for maintenance. So there will be no orders during that time either.

• Options

@epcjimi1 said:
    Looks like a Merlin??? What's up with the sorcerer, Merlin stuff? Make what you want, I'll purchase what I want.

[2017] Moonlight Refinery [Clark Gruber] Silver Bars

MR_01_2017_S 1

38x17x4mm, 999+ Silver, 109, $65, 1) 1.0 troy oz., struck in collar on machine-made blanks.
    Obverse with Merlin The Magician and “Moonlight Refinery” reverse.

It's in the page below, page down a couple screens.

http://www.moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_gold_list.htm

Thanks for pointing that out, now corrected.
    Actual size is 29mm x 50mm x 2mm.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2017 7:23PM

How was the show overall for you @dcarr ? Are you planning on anymore shows in the future? And is the material you didn't move going on your website anytime soon?

And @CascadeChris wow nice haul.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@edgar said:
    only 1 per, except the Merlin bars

That was an error in the listing (now corrected). There is now no ordering limit on the non-hologram eclipse medals. However, I will cut off new orders for them at the end of the month. And there may also be a period of several days this month while my web site is down for maintenance. So there will be no orders during that time either.

Oohhh, PM sent on cointalk. I'd like to add a few more to my order before you ship if I can.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:

@CascadeChris said:
    Well here's my Carr show booty. Wish I could have grabbed some more pieces but this lot was a pretty penny for me at the moment. Money very well spent though :)

Holy Cow Chris! That is a cache of cool if I ever seen one. Antiqued 1.5 oz Owl? There can't be too many of those floating around...was that an experimental Dan did? I don't even see that in his mint figures. Is it the only one? That's phenomenal. Good for you!

Thanks Rich. The antiqued owl mintage is currently at 12 I believe. They will probably be added to his production blog when he gets around to it.

I'm kind of surprised that nobody is geeking out over the lowball 64d Peace or the double struck Morgan though.

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@CascadeChris said:

@PocketArt said:

@CascadeChris said:

Thanks Rich. The antiqued owl mintage is currently at 12 I believe. They will probably be added to his production blog when he gets around to it.

I'm kind of surprised that nobody is geeking out over the lowball 64d Peace or the double struck Morgan though.

Those were two of my favorites. Did he have it as a pocket piece? Did he double strike on purpose?

• Options

@jwitten said:

@CascadeChris said:

@PocketArt said:

@CascadeChris said:

Those were two of my favorites. Did he have it as a pocket piece? Did he double strike on purpose?

Well I'd like to think he's been carrying it around since 2010 lol.

The Morgan is on his production blog. He antiqued 5 of the cancelled dies. 3 were regular strikes and 2 were double struck. This coin is 1 of only 2.

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@BruceS said:
    How was the show overall for you @dcarr ? Are planning on anymore shows in the future? And is the material you didn't move going on your website anytime soon?

And @CascadeChris wow nice haul.

Because I had a lot of material that hadn't been seen before, it was a very good show for me.
    In preparing for the show, I only had time to pull out my trays that contained alternate/experimental finishes as well as some mis-struck pieces. A lot of it was things I was going to keep, but there were some items for sale also. I sold most of what I was intending to part with. So I do not have much of the show material to offer at this point. At some time in the future I will go through the row boxes of what I have and there will likely be some to sell from that. There probably won't be another large show in Denver for another 10 years or so. Perhaps I will go to the January FUN show again one of these years (I was there in 2012).

• Options
    edited August 6, 2017 7:33PM

@jwitten said:

@CascadeChris said:

@PocketArt said:

@CascadeChris said:

The "1964-D" Peace was rolled somewhat flat and then subjected to a circulation finish. I did carry it in my pocket for a few days. But most of the apparent wear came from the other processing.

The "1964-D" Morgan from X-cancelled dies was intentionally struck twice and then antiqued.

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Daniel ~ The January 2018 FUN Show in Tampa would be a great time for you to make return appearance in Florida !

Dan Fan
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered some of the new stuff this morning and again when limits lifted on the eclipse medals. (Dan said he would refund the extra shipping charge) Also got the last 2 gram owl .. :)

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan, the Merlin bar is a great idea. Have you thought about offering a colorized version like your life size work that you displayed at ComicCon?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/983477/comic-con-show-general-observations/p1

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Mr. Carr, Just to say thanks, I have enjoyed all of my purchases, and have had one occasion to interact with you (via the web) about a transaction (third party), and found you to be much more generous and accommodating than you had to be. I really appreciate your appearances and interactions on the Boards. For my unsolicited opinion, I found the Indian face on the 1.5 oz Owl, to be my least favorite.............. But when antiqued, the Indian face and the Owl seem to "animate". I would say Encore!, But I'm about broke.

Thanks for your Art and Passion.

(l8-)>>

• Options

@Zoins said:
    Dan, the Merlin bar is a great idea. Have you thought about offering a colorized version like your life size work that you displayed at ComicCon?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/983477/comic-con-show-general-observations/p1

The only way I would do a colorized version is if I could print it on somehow. The areas are too small and there are too many of them to be able to paint them by hand efficiently.

• Options

@edgar said:
    Mr. Carr, Just to say thanks, I have enjoyed all of my purchases, and have had one occasion to interact with you (via the web) about a transaction (third party), and found you to be much more generous and accommodating than you had to be. I really appreciate your appearances and interactions on the Boards. For my unsolicited opinion, I found the Indian face on the 1.5 oz Owl, to be my least favorite.............. But when antiqued, the Indian face and the Owl seem to "animate". I would say Encore!, But I'm about broke.

I have a lot of other designs to choose from to use on the obverse of the octagon owl next year, and the years after that. I intend to have a different central obverse design every year.

These are some of the potential candidates (the ones that haven't been used already):

• Options

@dcarr said:

@edgar said:

I have a lot of other designs to choose from to use on the obverse of the octagon owl next year, and the years after that. I intend to have a different central obverse design every year.

These are some of the potential candidates (the ones that haven't been used already):

I vote middle!

• Options
    edited August 7, 2017 1:47PM

Oh Boy.
    Changed my mind several times.
    "I used to be indecisive, now I'm just not sure!"

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with JW, MIDDLE! Liked the capped lib.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2017 1:16PM

Please, please, please........

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Indian,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

They all are good candidates. Favorites:
    top row - left most & right most
    middle row - left most & right most
    Bottom row - left most
    And the reverse in the lower right.

You have several years of Owls ready to go.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    They all are good candidates. Favorites:
    top row - left most & right most
    middle row - left most & right most
    Bottom row - left most
    And the reverse in the lower right.

You have several years of Owls ready to go.

I'll also have the 2017 Amero obverse design to use in the future as well.
    It is based on the 2016 Amero design, but much improved in my opinion.

PS:
    The 2017 Ameros will be struck some time this month.

• Options

@dcarr said:
    The 2017 Ameros will be struck some time this month.

I'll be on the look out for sure

• Options

The octagon OWLs are certainly looking good. I really like the Winged Liberty Head and Capped Bust concepts, but will enjoy whichever one Daniel chooses ! B)

Dan Fan
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Please, please, please........

+1 (#2)
    and
    +1 for the horse (#1)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Manorcourtman said:
    More ANA acquisitions from Dan:

You bought the 2011 Amero set huh. Nice get. Did you just want one or two or did you actually want the whole set?

The more you VAM..
  • Options

Very nice, and there's nothing wrong with the Buffalo tail..... :o

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:

@Manorcourtman said:
    More ANA acquisitions from Dan:

You bought the 2011 Amero set huh. Nice get. Did you just want one or two or did you actually want the whole set?

I wanted the set. Missed out on most of his older stuff.

• Options

Site is down for maintenance currently

The more you VAM..
  • Options

Just got "shipped" email. That's fast.

• Options

Just received mine too. Now that his website is 'under construction', Daniel must be working full time in the
    shipping department ! B)

Dan Fan
  • Options

Shipping notice too!

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Both of mine shipped as well . You can still see some of the web site. The mintage for the eclipses are over 200 http://www.moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_medals_list.htm

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Dan, I think you need a Hawaiian vacation...Honolulu show in October(?) :smile:

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad the show went well. Those pieces available there are a great incentive to go to shows where Dan goes!

• Options

Looks like the 1917 Peace O/S has a final mintage of 655 pieces.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2017 11:33PM

@Bullsitter said:

which one ? bulk handle?

btw will someone sell me a 2009 ASE proof before I spend my allowance on something else tonight? lol

• Options
    edited August 9, 2017 1:14AM

@TurboSnail said:

@Bullsitter said:

which one ? bulk handle?

btw will someone sell me a 2009 ASE proof before I spend my allowance on something else tonight? lol

Both.

Die Pair 1
    ”1917”

(final)

high-grade:

bag-handled:

• Options

Bullsitter... love that 2018 WW1 Concept Dollar and hope there are more available at some point in the future. I would not mind going broke to get one as I am already fairly close. Good luck on finding work !

Dan Fan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file