Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2017 2:46PM

@COCollector said:

@LindyS said:
    ... I am also waiting on a two piece DC orders 13332, 13352 that "shipped" July 3. Its not showing up at MY USPS account as being shipped or delivered.

Lindy

July 3rd I received emails that both my orders shipped -- presumably in the same package, because MyUSPS shows only one tracking number.

My shipment was last scanned July 7th at 11pm in Los Angeles. "Expected Delivery Date" is still July 8th.

No updates yet... too soon to worry, I think.

I didn't get a tracking number nor do I see it on MyUSPS.

COCollector : How did you receive the tracking number?

• Options
    BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@LindyS said:
    No.

Lindy

Have you asked them about it? Hey, even if we don't get them, it was worth a shot. We would get our money back and the seller gets stuck with a few negatives, lol.

The auction end link says estimated delivery July 13-17th and today is only the 10th .
    I think you all worry too much about nothing .
    Coupe had a bad experience with the guy and everyone is going crazy .

Patience is a virtue

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

I dont see anyone going crazy ?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigpoppas said:

@jwitten said:

@LindyS said:
    No.

Lindy

Have you asked them about it? Hey, even if we don't get them, it was worth a shot. We would get our money back and the seller gets stuck with a few negatives, lol.

The auction end link says estimated delivery July 13-17th and today is only the 10th .

Patience is a virtue

No one is going crazy, yet. But I paid on the 2nd, and it isn't even marked as shipped in ebay yet. Bad customer service, at the least.

• Options

@1940coupe said:

Concern might be a better description of the feeling. In the absence of information, good communications, the mind will fill in the blanks with "alt facts".

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Bigpoppas said:

@jwitten said:

@LindyS said:
    No.

Lindy

Patience is a virtue

No one is going crazy, yet. But I paid on the 2nd, and it isn't even marked as shipped in ebay yet. Bad customer service, at the least.

What is the estimated delivery date on your purchase ??
    I can't speak for the seller, but maybe he put in 7-10 days handling time .

I'm still willing to bet that you get your item .

• Options

@1940coupe said:

Coupe, Go look at your Franklin and smile . These little things in life we need to get past . :smiley:

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@1940coupe said:

Concern might be a better description of the feeling. In the absence of information, good communications, the mind will fill in the blanks with "alt facts".

The guy currently has 100% positive feedback, so he's got that going for him :wink:

I don't think eBay and customer service are his top priorities . Jmho

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@1940coupe said:

tell Bigpoppas he is the one who said it ?

• Options

@Bigpoppas said:

@jwitten said:

@Bigpoppas said:

@jwitten said:

@LindyS said:
    No.

Lindy

Patience is a virtue

What is the estimated delivery date on your purchase ??
    I can't speak for the seller, but maybe he put in 7-10 days handling time .

I'm still willing to bet that you get your item .

Estimated 6th through 10th. I messaged him last week asking if it had been shipped yet, and he replied yes on the 7th, showing as priority. That would have put it here by now in most situations. We shall see.

• Options

@Bigpoppas said:

@1940coupe said:

Coupe, Go look at your Franklin and smile . These little things in life we need to get past . :smiley:

Believe me I have a whole lot more DC coins than a 64 franklin look at my avatar ! I dont understand why your so head strong on defending this seller is he a relative , personal friend ?

• Options

Just dug this out of the drawer and looked it up .
    Total mintage of 9 :smiley:

YOWZA !!!

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

It's listed on my "Package Dashboard" of MyUSPS at usps.com.

It's a free service provided by USPS -- but you have to register online. So far it's been 100% reliable in notifying me of incoming packages (maybe 10 or so packages). But expected arrival dates can be some days off. And I'm not sure this service is available in all areas for all addresses.

Just Guessing: If it's a low-dollar order, maybe it ships by ordinary mail -- so there's no tracking number?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

@Bigpoppas said:

Just dug this out of the drawer and looked it up .
    Total mintage of 9 :smiley:

YOWZA !!!

I can see why

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2017 3:51PM

@1940coupe said:

I can see why

I agree. Mintage of 9 is low, but antique finish on a 2014 UNA 1 AMERO, 39 MM Copper is not screaming collectible.

MHO.

• Options

@COCollector said:

@Kudbegud said:

It's listed on my "Package Dashboard" of MyUSPS at usps.com.

It's a free service provided by USPS -- but you have to register online. So far it's been 100% reliable in notifying me of incoming packages (maybe 10 or so packages). But expected arrival dates can be some days off. And I'm not sure this service is available in all areas for all addresses.

Just Guessing: If it's a low-dollar order, maybe it ships by ordinary mail -- so there's no tracking number?

I know. I've been signed up for years. It seems I only have problems with Dan's shipments not showing up on MyUSPS. It's not a low dollar order.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I fully understand why Dan can take a while to ship in some cases as he's a one man band with a ton going on plus sometimes he needs to strike more to fill orders etc. I just don't get why some eBay sellers take forever to ship. The big boys should have systems in place for relatively quick shipping and the home hobbyist / small ebay business guys should have stuff in the mail within 48hrs barring the occasional extreme circumstances. I print out label same day and ship same business day if possible and next day if not. It takes a maximum of 5-10mins to pack and ship an item.

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@CascadeChris said:
    While I fully understand why Dan can take a while to ship in some cases as he's a one man band with a ton going on plus sometimes he needs to strike more to fill orders etc. I just don't get why some eBay sellers take forever to ship. The big boys should have systems in place for relatively quick shipping and the home hobbyist / small ebay business guys should have stuff in the mail within 48hrs barring the occasional extreme circumstances. I print out label same day and ship same business day if possible and next day if not. It takes a maximum of 5-10mins to pack and ship an item.

when I sell something I ship next day provide tracking number ! and this is what I expect when I buy something ! except if they state in there auction they are handi capped , elderly , mentally challenged !

• Options
    edited July 10, 2017 4:03PM

That you can find out via MM account whether your order has shipped, notification of shipment/ tracking appears to be the issue.

FWIW, I've gone 4 1/2 weeks until inquiring, it's can be slow in the day of next day shipping, Amazon Prime, no bout adoubt it, but, it will ship. Believe it or not.

• Options

@epcjimi1 said:
    That you can find out via MM account whether your order has shipped, notification of shipment/ tracking appears to be the issue.

FWIW, I've gone 4 1/2 weeks until inquiring, it's can be slow in the day of next day shipping, Amazon Prime, no bout adoubt it, but, it will ship. Believe it or not.

A little off topic but speaking of Amazon Prime, "Prime Day" starts in 2hrs. Its like their version of "Black Friday in July". Should be some great deals to be had. I'm hoping the Fire TV will go on sale. Maybe some coin related stuff will go on sale too??

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its all good concerning my MM 2 piece order.
    Its still safe at MM, not lost in the mail.

;^)

Lindy

@COCollector said:

@LindyS said:
    ... I am also waiting on a two piece DC orders 13332, 13352 that "shipped" July 3. Its not showing up at MY USPS account as being shipped or delivered.

Lindy

July 3rd I received emails that both my orders shipped -- presumably in the same package, because MyUSPS shows only one tracking number.

My shipment was last scanned July 7th at 11pm in Los Angeles. "Expected Delivery Date" is still July 8th.

No updates yet... too soon to worry, I think.

• Options
    edited July 10, 2017 5:35PM

@epcjimi1 said:

@1940coupe said:

I can see why

I agree. Mintage of 9 is low, but antique finish on a 2014 UNA 1 AMERO, 39 MM Copper is not screaming collectible.

MHO.

@epcjimi1 said:

@1940coupe said:

I can see why

My my my Jim and Coupe ....
    Here I thought all this time we were friends and now you attack my sacred DC collectible as if you were one of the D.C. Haters Clan ...

Things I guess will never be the same :(:'(:'( :

Coupe, Yes you have figured it all out .. Ihha is my favorite member in the D.C. Brutha hood . This is why I go to such great lengths to battle for his rights to sell D.C. Pieces at a loss :(

I've been buying and selling on eBay for 20 years, so I guess I've learned to have a little more patience as I've experienced every scenario on both ends . As the buyer you have very little too worry about, so outside of being annoyed I don't think there should be so much concern with this particular seller .

Remember when it was us against the haters ?? Well now we have turned on each other .. it's a sad sad day in the numismatic world :(

• Options

The uniformed representative of the quasi-governmental delivery department just knocked at my door and presented me with a registered package I was happy to sign for.

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

For others that bought 6/13 like me, mine stuck in Denver since 7/5 but now suddenly pops up out for delivery 7/11..Orders should be coming for everyone eventually.... :)

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

I'm Blessed to have a GREAT mail carrier.
    When she is delivering signature mail she will check every door, then comes out back in case the dog and I are by the pool.
    About 40 minutes later she turns around and delivers mail to the other side of the road, she'll honk the horn and wait a few minutes.
    The newer 'kids' (thank goodness they usually aren't on my route) won't even ring the bell, just leave a slip in my box!

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2017 7:26PM

That is nice, like the ghosting on the date.
    Any guess as to the host coins date?
    Love the die clash.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:
    That is nice, like the ghosting on the date.
    Any guess as to the host coins date?
    Love the die clash.

I can't see and sign of the host date.

The ghosting you see is also a clash of STATES OF

• Options
    edited July 12, 2017 10:26AM

@robec said:

>

Besides the smashed, clashed wreath surround. Nice!

Alas, it's no original.

• Options
    edited July 12, 2017 10:24AM

da da dee, da da dum

• Options

So... let's do a poll. Who would be interested in one of these silver blanks if I cut it up? There are three signature on it, so it would make 3 strips with 3 holes each.

• Options

@jwitten said:
    So... let's do a poll. Who would be interested in one of these silver blanks if I cut it up? There are three signature on it, so it would make 3 strips with 3 holes each.

You know I have dibs on one J :wink:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

PM sent.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

Sitting in the open air? In it's 2x2 as it came? Or in a drawer away from dust?

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

I would be

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Sitting in the open air? In it's 2x2 as it came? Or in a drawer away from dust?

It's just out in the open, indoors.

The more you VAM..
  • Options

What level of humidity do you have in your locale?
    Looks really nice after only three months.

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed these black areas on reverse of the 2017 Eclipse Hologram. Check a couple that sold and they have the same black "spots". Looks like it part of the design

• Options

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Not much. I live near Palm Springs

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2017 5:11AM

@CascadeChris said:

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Many of mine are toning in their flips in the low humidity of Studio City. Not all nicely either I might add

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Coinlearner said:
    Noticed these black areas on reverse of the 2017 Eclipse Hologram. Check a couple that sold and they have the same black "spots". Looks like it part of the design

Mine have it too. I think it is actually the high points that have some rub, and are shiny, not black. The shiny appearance gives it a darker look.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

That would be sweet! Heck yeah!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2017 8:30PM

Thanks to a forum member I was able to add this Merlin to my collection, it's the 40% Ike O/S. The reverse is too cool which shows parts of the host coin. The star and a half on the earth took the place of North America.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2017 2:04AM

@jwitten said:

@Coinlearner said:

Mine have it too. I think it is actually the high points that have some rub, and are shiny, not black. The shiny appearance gives it a darker look.

The shiny areas are not "rub" or contact marks. They are actually the high points where the shiny planchet surface is showing through (where it wasn't struck 100%). This effect is seen on some of the earlier strikes (the ones on burnished blanks).

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@CascadeChris said:

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Many of mine are toning in their flipsin the low humidity of Studio City. Not all nicely either I might add

mark

Sorry to hear of that.
    There is an effective and safe way to mitigate the toning if you are interested.
    As long as they are not heavily toned, a "dip" type cleaner will take care of it, if used properly.

I recommend this procedure:

Get a black plastic bottle of "Tarn-X" silver cleaner (available at Walgreen's) or any similar "dip" type cleaner.
    Submerge the medal in the cleaner for about 15 to 30 seconds. Then rinse it completely under the tap (including the edges) and then pat dry with a clean soft cotton bath towel (never rub dry, only pat dry). This type of "dip" cleaning will not harm the luster (or even a hologram), so long as it is done properly. This will also work for relatively light toning on mint copper, brass, nickel, etc.

You can re-use the cleaner on other medals and coins. But note that if you clean a lot of very dirty tarnished silver coins the cleaning solution will eventually turn yellowish. You can still use yellowed cleaner on silver coins. But if you put a copper piece in yellow solution, it can plate silver onto the copper.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file