Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received my 1.5 oz owl- have all three now, and the Lesher, along with the FE Solar Medal which arrived last Tuesday.

The FE I traded to a fellow enthusiast here on the boards. I'm sure he'll post those pics once he receive's medal. Hated to trade it but sometimes it's gotta hurt for another item you can't live without...you've all felt the pain I'm sure? ;)

Also, I put an order in last week for the RE Solar Medal, and the 1 oz 1917-2017 HT token, and I'm anxiously awaiting those.

Very pleased Dan!

Rich

@7Jaguars said:
    Still think that Indian may be a rendition of Danny! Like it, and wow, really chunky. I like the smaller gold with traditional eagles on reverse, the tenth ounce possibly better even than the quarter. No Eclipses for me but glad if people like them.

I agree, I've always thought the Indian has resemblance to Dan. I also believe the 2012 UNA Patterns, concepts, and exchanges are very similar to the likeness of Jennifer Lawrence? Pretty sure....but maybe just me?

• VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2017 7:49PM

The Moonlight Mint "Package" arrived ~ 1.5 oz Owl and 1964-D Cancelled Die Morgan are quite exceptional strikes.
    Received one each of the 1717 Wydah Pirate Cobs and they certainly make a great looking set.

Dan Fan
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:
    I received my 1.5 oz owl- have all three now, and the Lesher, along with the FE Solar Medal which arrived last Tuesday.

The FE I traded to a fellow enthusiast here on the boards. I'm sure he'll post those pics once he receive's medal. Hated to trade it but sometimes it's gotta hurt for another item you can't live without...you've all felt the pain I'm sure? ;)

Also, I put an order in last week for the RE Solar Medal, and the 1 oz 1917-2017 HT token, and I'm anxiously awaiting those.

Very pleased Dan!

Rich

What couldn't you live without and now have?

@Zoins said:

@PocketArt said:

Very pleased Dan!

Rich

What couldn't you live without and now have?

A stupendously awesome coin that I believe is undoubtedly cool. LOL! I plan to get it slabbed, and then I'll post it...promise. This post will probably be long since forgotten by then but I'll follow through.......wait for it. B)

• 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

I think you will find that seller wont answer emails and is really slow good luck !

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how that was acquired?

Many happy BST transactions

@cheezhed said:

If your talking to me I have had bad luck with seller !

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2017 4:57PM

Good to know. I am not sure if I've done biz w/ them previously. I am optimistic.

I'm planning to use up my ebay bonus bucks to settle up on the holiday.

I hope the strip is silver as advertised and not nickel or ?

I really dig the three Daniel Carr signatures on it.

Guess I'll need to get an 8 sided silver strike DC item to go with it.

Lindy

@1940coupe said:
    I think you will find that seller wont answer emails and is really slow good luck !

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn. You wouldn't have won that if I was paying attention to ebay!

The more you VAM..
  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

edited June 30, 2017 6:28PM

@cheezhed said:

It's a closely guarded secret...

Got mine last year... a cool artifact that I doubt will ever be worth much above spot. But who knows?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still. Waiting.

• nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:
    Damn. You wouldn't have won that if I was paying attention to ebay!

Not my auction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263056431976

• CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭

"Still. Waiting." Same here. Ordered 6/13 but is worth the wait. I've yet to be disappointed in the quality of the coins/metals received... :)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinlearner said:
    "Still. Waiting." Same here. Ordered 6/13 but is worth the wait. I've yet to be disappointed in the quality of the coins/metals received... :)

Ditto once again. Is the Denver Coin Show going on right now?

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only a month to go until the ANA World's Fair of Money in Denver... maybe you guys can pick up your orders there??? :grin:

Looking forward to getting mine in the mail soon... not in a hurry, will be a nice surprise whenever it shows up :)

:+1:

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:

I have bought from that seller many times and would gladly do so again.

Slow doesn't bother me one bit, as long as it arrives as described.

edited July 1, 2017 7:36AM

Good I happy for you ! read his feedback! I had a very bad experience with him wont get into that ! but he has rare stuff some times and I have had other people buy them for me he buys for more and sells for less ! so I guess its 50/50 weather you have a problem ! I will have somebody else buy from him again if he list the right thing ! but he does not list tracking number and does not answer emails ! for some who dont read all comments I talking about ihha86 (164 )

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan has ALWAYS been very cooperative and accommodating in our business dealings. On several occasions I have emailed him to amend or even cancel an order and each time he has honored my request without question. AAAA+.

@PipestonePete said:
    Dan has ALWAYS been very cooperative and accommodating in our business dealings. On several occasions I have emailed him to amend or even cancel an order and each time he has honored my request without question. AAAA+.

I dont know if your talking to me but Im talking about ihha86 (164 ) the seller of silver strip above

• BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

Ihha86 is no problem .. He has bought from myself and others in the past and generally only buys unusual pieces that D.C. has created . I've also purchased from ihha and never had any issues in receiving the items . It's not his full time business, so I don't think he puts a lot of time focusing on his eBay coin transactions .
    He has sold many D.C. Items below his cost including some recently ,like the two E Pluribus Unum Lesher medals that someone purchased recently and most likely the silver Lesher strips too.

To answer the acquisition of the silver strips, well they are 100% authentic and I'm sure I know who the original seller was as he deals with Dan regularly and has been the one that has been permitted to buy these type of strips over the years . Also the D.C. signature on them also leaves absolutely no doubt as to authenticity .

In regards to Dan's delivery of items, well as has been discussed in the past, he is a one man operation and sometimes you just have to be patient for delivery . One thing for sure is that you will receive your order and if not 100% pleased you will be guaranteed a return .
    I've never sat around chewing on my fingernails waiting as they will arrive at some point

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Really. Selling scrap w/an etched signature.

photo jump.jpg

• PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

@epcjimi1 said:
    Really. Selling scrap w/an etched signature.

photo jump.jpg

Cool item at melt price.

edited July 2, 2017 10:17AM

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Cool item at melt price.

It cheapens the brand,

@epcjimi1 said:

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Cool item at melt price.

It cheapens the brand,

Negative. It's a very cool unusual piece he doesn't sell on his site that many Carr collectors would like to own especially for around melt.

The more you VAM..

It's a very cool unusual piece

A 2017 octagon scrap strip is now a "piece"

Piece of scrap.

@CascadeChris

Somebody just got sniped on a certain silver artifact

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder what the mintage is for the Indian, Clark and Gruber 1-1/2 ounce silver is? I sure can't locate the number. It says see home page. Well, I did that and can't find a thing.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2017 12:55PM

I think it's very cool to have his signature on it. I'd be the first to volunteer my silver Owl slugs and 1964 Morgans / Peace coins to have an etched signature!

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

Damn. Stuck at my nieces birthday party and got caught up. Oh well I'm sure I'll find one later

The more you VAM..
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    I wonder what the mintage is for the Indian, Clark and Gruber 1-1/2 ounce silver is? I sure can't locate the number. It says see home page. Well, I did that and can't find a thing.

The 2017 new one? moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_gold_list.htm

Currently shows 155

winning bidder did not snipe made his bid at 9.30 o***b(4067) $115.50 2 Jul 2017 at 9:37:04AM PDT

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

Damn. Stuck at my nieces birthday party and got caught up. Oh well I'm sure I'll find one later

I've only seen them offered up about 5-6 times over the years on eBay . I almost bid on it, so I could insert 9 Leshers into the holes and frame it up . :)
    You didn't actually get sniped, they just had a higher proxy bid placed .

@crazyhounddog said:

The current mintage is at 155, but still in production ..

Go to the Homepage and look for the Catalog link .
    It is under the category Clark Gruber & Bullion .

@Zoins said:
    I think it's very cool to have his signature on it. I'd be the first to volunteer my silver Owl slugs and 1964 Morgans / Peace coins to have an etched signature!

Maybe Dan could do an inscribed signature version in the blank space of the Lesher tokens instead of a punch stamp .

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigpoppas said:

@crazyhounddog said:

The current mintage is at 155, but still in production ..

Go to the Homepage and look for the Catalog link .
    It is under the category Clark Gruber & Bullion .

Thank you my man!!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was the winner, and ya, it wasn't a snipe.

@jwitten said:
    I was the winner, and ya, it wasn't a snipe.

What was your high bid out of curiosity

The more you VAM..
    edited July 2, 2017 2:13PM

Hmmm. Higher than it went ;) But not so high that I thought I would win.

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

I've only seen them offered up about 5-6 times over the years on eBay . I almost bid on it, so I could insert 9 Leshers into the holes and frame it up . :)
    You didn't actually get sniped, they just had a higher proxy bid placed .

Honestly, I thought about doing this. Would be a neat piece. Or maybe even cut up this big strip into smaller ones, and sell them off in smaller pieces so others could do it as well?

edited July 2, 2017 3:15PM

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

Not sure if you're serious, but I don't think it would work... the token blank is slightly enlarged after minting.

For example, my 2016 Octagon Owl is 41mm wide. But the hole in the silver strip is only 40mm wide.

@jwitten said:

Honestly, I thought about doing this. Would be a neat piece. Or maybe even cut up this big strip into smaller ones, and sell them off in smaller pieces so others could do it as well?

If the second picture in the listing was better then I too had considered cutting it in two with separate autographed pieces and either selling one off or making two separate framed pieces ... :)

@COCollector said:

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

Not sure if you're serious, but I don't think it would work... the token blank is slightly enlarged after minting.

For example, my 2016 Octagon Owl is 41mm wide. But the hole in the silver strip is only 40mm wide.

Not necessarily true, but only Dan could tell us for sure .
    The piece described in the eBay listing is described as a LESHER STRIP and the Lesher tokens are smaller then the owl slugs .
    The Leshers may fit back in the holes perfectly like a puzzle .
    I have a huge group of them , so I could have made an interesting nine piece or cut it up and made smaller ones as I have a few three piece sets of Leshers (brilliant,color toned,antique)

@Bigpoppas said:

@COCollector said:

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

The piece described in the eBay listing is described as a LESHER STRIP and the Lesher tokens are smaller then the owl slugs .
    I have a huge group of them , so I could have made an interesting nine piece or cut it up and made smaller ones as I have a few three piece sets of Leshers (brilliant,color toned,antique)

I'd like a strip with a few non-cut Lesher or owls struck directly on the strip. That would be neat

The more you VAM..

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:

@COCollector said:

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bigpoppas said:
    @CascadeChris

I'd like a strip with a few non-cut Lesher or owls struck directly on the strip. That would be neat

Or he could cut them, but them place them back in the spots when striking them, so they they enlarged in the hole, and get "stuck" there. I too was wondering if the cutouts would fit back in their holes... guess I will find out soon.

Or he could cut them, but them place them back in the spots when striking them, so they they enlarged in the hole, and get "stuck" there. I too was wondering if the cutouts would fit back in their holes... guess I will find out soon.

Please let us know your results I'm really curious now in case another comes along . I actually had the bid loaded and watched the seconds tick down , but at the final moment decided I had too many other fires burning .
    Kind of sorry now I didn't go to wa with you .. lol
    That 9 hole strip could make for a really interesting framed piece if they end up fitting .
    Good Luck with it !!!

An idea for you :smile:
    Get two blank Leshers and flip them with the portrait side facing forward and place them on the ends and maybe one in the middle . There are multiple varieties so you could mix them up .
    That would leave either 7 to face forward with imprints or two sets of three on each side of the center piece .

I hope you do it

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like a gold octagon strip. ;-)

@renman95 said:
    I'd like a gold octagon strip. ;-)

I was waiting for someone to drop that!

The more you VAM..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights