Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is BBCE finally drying up?

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    For those interested. BBCE finally has some 1987 Football from a sealed case available at $85 each.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those interested. BBCE finally has some 1987 Football from a sealed case available at $85 each. >>

"Sealed case." It's like a mating call.

Did you snag one?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For those interested. BBCE finally has some 1987 Football from a sealed case available at $85 each. >>

"Sealed case." It's like a mating call.

Did you snag one? >>

i did pick one up. Even having 3 glasses of wine while perusing BBCE, I felt it was a good deal.
  • Options

<< <i>i did pick one up. Even having 3 glasses of wine while perusing BBCE, I felt it was a good deal. >>

Aren't you in Cali? Are you having eggs, bacon and pinot noir? Dude, you're gonna end up with about 5 packages around Christmas if you don't close that browser...

(Nice addition, btw.)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>i did pick one up. Even having 3 glasses of wine while perusing BBCE, I felt it was a good deal. >>

Aren't you in Cali? Are you having eggs, bacon and pinot noir? Dude, you're gonna end up with about 5 packages around Christmas if you don't close that browser...

(Nice addition, btw.) >>

I closed my browser ASAP after the purchase!! lol
  • Options
    Nyet. Awfully moist here lately, with some tasty FASC morsels...
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nyet. Awfully moist here lately, with some tasty FASC morsels... >>

Yup one less box.

Mike
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up 3 new items from the new stuff they have posted.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    On early 80's at least, it doesn't seem to be drying up. Early this morning I picked up 2 1980 OPC baseball 4 pack wax racks. I've personally never seen these before since I've been back in the hobby. I know production was limited that year due to a strike, but thought that was a cool find. If I only could find a nice wax box eventually...

Jimmy

Edited to ask how come this thread has pages in front of this one with no posts on them? I've never seen that before either lol. Lots of firsts today.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one is selling 79T, I noticed something interesting.

BBCEx sold a vending box BBCEx sealed for $550.

Probstein sold a 2 box lot BBCEx sealed for $787, 845 and 905.

I'm thinking the moral to the story? Don't sell 2 at a time?
    Mike
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On early 80's at least, it doesn't seem to be drying up. Early this morning I picked up 2 1980 OPC baseball 4 pack wax racks. I've personally never seen these before since I've been back in the hobby. I know production was limited that year due to a strike, but thought that was a cool find. If I only could find a nice wax box eventually...

Jimmy

Edited to ask how come this thread has pages in front of this one with no posts on them? I've never seen that before either lol. Lots of firsts today. >>

I'm wondering if all the blank pages are missing posts from deleted accounts?

I saw the 1980 OPC wax racks and was ready to buy...

...except last time he had them they were $75 cheaper and I wasn't prepared for that much of a hike. However, yes -- they are mildly rare from what I can tell.

I've picked up a couple things and filled a few holes in my 80s unopened stash the past day or two (and duplicated where there weren't holes -- oh well).
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    They may not be drying up but their customer service sure isimage
  • Options

<< <i>I'm wondering if all the blank pages are missing posts from deleted accounts?

I saw the 1980 OPC wax racks and was ready to buy...

...except last time he had them they were $75 cheaper and I wasn't prepared for that much of a hike. However, yes -- they are mildly rare from what I can tell.

I've picked up a couple things and filled a few holes in my 80s unopened stash the past day or two (and duplicated where there weren't holes -- oh well). >>

Wow, that's quite an increase. Has it been awhile since any of these have come up for sale? I haven't seen these come up since I've been collecting this set, unless I haven't been paying close enough attention. I've been working on the set a little under a year now. I like how it has 4 wax packs as opposed to Topps' 3..I don't plan on ripping these though. I want to preserve them as is.
    I always seem to duplicate holes myself, especially when it comes to early 80's Topps. Can never seem to get enough of the stuff. For awhile, I wasn't ripping anything and just hoarding. Lately though, I'm starting to get the ripping urge and plan on doing a huge Christmas rip image
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

<< <i>They may not be drying up but their customer service sure is >>

image Maybe a little under the gun for the holidays?
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a football box point of view, the 1975 Topps Cello, 1981 Topps Rack, and 1984 Topps Rack sold only a few hours after they were posted. The 1986 Topps Rack Box is still there but I do not expect it to last much longer.

The pre-1978 Topps football boxes seem to sell almost immediately after being listed. I think the demand for these products is still very high.
    Mike
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Hey, look what I found. It was a good read. Lets bring this back to life
    Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    How often does a pre-1960 pack come available and what are the prices right now with those packs. I've always been curious what a 48 Leaf pack would go for now - not that I would be able to afford it, but interested none the less.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ugaskidawg
    How often does a pre-1960 pack come available and what are the prices right now with those packs. I've always been curious what a 48 Leaf pack would go for now - not that I would be able to afford it, but interested none the less.

I'd guess $25-30k.
    A '56 would be $20k these days, a '58 pretty close.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    random question but were pre 1970 wax boxes cellophane wrapped?
  • Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    I love collecting sealed wax. Not the cheapest hobby though.
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I buy from them often and will continue to do so, but I still don't understand how being the "authenticator" of a PSA graded pack then selling said pack, regardless of grade, is not a huge conflict of interest.

...and I do not believe they are drying up anytime soon.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: illinifan912

random question but were pre 1970 wax boxes cellophane wrapped?

no. I am not sure when Topps started wrapping their wax boxes---but probably in the '90s
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Manny, I believe it was 1993.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    I was thinking that when they made that major modern purchase. They also are a major autograph seller now. I'm sure the older product is getting harder to find every day. It's possible they are also saving items for the National.
  • Options
    It's possible they are also saving items for the National.

I think the BBCE's are missing out on a great opportunity. The above mentioned quote should be their slogan and pasted all oveur every Facebook, Twitter and sports card chat board across the globe.

This is a company which doesn't just set up at the National. They DOMINATE THE NATIONAL.

In the world of rhetorical commentary, again, the above referenced statement should be no worse than Top 3, just behind "economic downturn" and "Trump is a ________!"

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ldferg
    I buy from them often and will continue to do so, but I still don't understand how being the "authenticator" of a PSA graded pack then selling said pack, regardless of grade, is not a huge conflict of interest.

Steve has stated that he does not submit his own packs to PSA for authentication/grading.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't had any 75 baseball unopened for a long time.

I know they have mini's, but I mean the regular size.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    Originally posted by: Darin
    They haven't had any 75 baseball unopened for a long time.
    I know they have mini's, but I mean the regular size.

I bought a cello box of 1975 topps baseball (non minis) off them at the 2014 national. I am not sure how many cello boxes they had at that time. I think they had at least (1) box of cellos at the 2015 national as well. I haven't seen any on their website though.
    Shayne A Sherman
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've been looking for a regular 75 pack for quite awhile. I remember seeing one up on the website about a year ago, but it was gone by the time I went to buy it.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Fritsch has the 1975 cello market cornered. BBCE had 1 1975 wax box last year, but it went quickly. They also had a 1975 rack box last year that did not last long.

Dave
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess when they get a 75 box it sells so fast I didn't even know they had it!

My dream box is an unopened, BBCE authenticated 75 topps baseball wax box.

Couldn't afford one right now, but when I get rich in the future that's what I start shopping for.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    It may be time to dust off my unopened stuff. I don't have much before '81, but it would be fun to see what's going on with the '80s stuff. I still have a couple '84 Donruss boxes. Those have always been fun to track over the years...
  • Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    Love 84 Donruss. Have to pick one of those up sometime!
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!