• Sold. Thanks
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Those went lickity split.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Those went lickity split. >>

And well they should have.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad they haven't been delivered. Yet.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

<< <i>

Too bad they haven't been delivered. Yet. >>

Lost? Or never sent?
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Don't tell me, another scam for a price that was too good to be true. Lots of scams out there going on, I'm in the middle of one right now, but as the seller. What this guy I'm dealing with is doing, or at least I think he's doing at this point is pretty devious, but I've been around the block a time or two. Not going to disclose anything til I see how it ultimately plays out.
    I hope that you get what you paid for.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

PSA: Use caution when dealing with this seller. A strong history of taking payment and not delivering the goods.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Hope you didn't use PP Gift.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Seems strange for a scammer to offer regular Paypal.....I hope silvereagle is OK.
    I don't know anything about him/her.....just wondering.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

<< <i>Seems strange for a scammer to offer regular Paypal.....I hope silvereagle is OK.
    I don't know anything about him/her.....just wondering. >>

Also he has not logged in here since 01/11 so if anyone has sent him a PM there's pretty good odds that he hasn't read it.
  • al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about this particular deal but paying for goods with Paypal gift is not only cheating Paypal but leaves little to no protection for the buyer, I know it has been debated a lot on here but rather we agree with there fees or not if we use there services we should pay for it. Saving 10 bucks or so can easily come back as a very bad mistake.
    just my opinion

AL
    Paypal but leaves little to no protection for the buyer

What protection does a seller have accepting regular PP from a buyer whose PP account is funded with a CC? Can you say chargeback?
    Has silvereagle delivered these coins yet, since the money order was cashed on 1/13 ?

The OP was logged in here Sunday January 25, so should be aware of the issue of non-delivery.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't received them yet. However, I receive a PM and
    email on Saturday that it will be delivered. I wanted to
    post when I received them. I'm holding my breath !!! image

Thanks
    Timbuk3
    I hope that the transaction will be finally consummated. image

Thanks coindeuce !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭
    my crystal ball says.....

if it smells too good to be true...... it is...

amazing how many "expert" "squezzers" go for deals like this then "squeal" when they get burned...... maybe one should stick to market priced offer by known members and avoid such issues..... hmmmm. image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    If it looks like a duck...

Even his so called Ebay username does not exist.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it looks like a duck...

Even his so called Ebay username does not exist. >>

wow ouch
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    American Silver Eagles at spot ???? With free shipping ??? seller could have gotten more from a B&M..... too good to be true
    Seller in effect borrowed money from buyer, with hopes of Silver declining to buy Eagles cheaper..ouch

<< <i> Paypal but leaves little to no protection for the buyer

What protection does a seller have accepting regular PP from a buyer whose PP account is funded with a CC? Can you say chargeback? >>

If item purchased with a CC, seller in tough luck position,,,, With Amex CC ,forget it.. buyer is given benefit of doubt .. magic words ... I did not receive item paid for..
  • SAM5969SAM5969 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    Hey Best Day - rethink your logic: on Jan 6, spot was just over $16
    imageimage
    Thanks for the clarification bestday but it was more of a rhetorical question image

Everyone biches that buyers have no protection using PPG. Well neither do sellers if the payment was funded with a CC. At some point there has to be some level of trust, and if there isn't, or it hasn't been established yet, I will only take PPG or a Postal m.o.
    Sorry, move on if you can't trust me being here as long as I have with an unblemished sales and payment record. (not you bestday, just in general)

<< <i>Hey Best Day - rethink your logic: on Jan 6, spot was just over $16 >>

With free shipping = what ?
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Clue might have been in his email address.

<< <i>I will only take PPG or a Postal m.o >>

Be very, very careful with the postal money order. Many fakes unfortunately.
  • al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    Most people want PPG because they want to save money, whats the difference between stealing from paypal or stealing from a member on here? I just think its mostly people defending that practice that want to make a few xtra bucks by stealing it from paypal. Atleast be honest behind the motive.
    JMO
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the clarification bestday but it was more of a rhetorical question image

Everyone biches that buyers have no protection using PPG. Well neither do sellers if the payment was funded with a CC. At some point there has to be some level of trust, and if there isn't, or it hasn't been established yet, I will only take PPG or a Postal m.o.
    Sorry, move on if you can't trust me being here as long as I have with an unblemished sales and payment record. (not you bestday, just in general) >>

WHAT HE SAID!
    Ok Best ... I must be missing something ...
    Jan 6 spot was $15.85 per kitco historical chart... $15.85*20=$317. Shipping is what $12-$18 maximum if he buys insurance? So at $350 he's charging $2 over spot? The guy needs a quick sale .. I'll offer free shipping all the time when there's a motivated seller
    Seems perfectly on the mark to me .. I See ASE for sale all day at $2 over spot on bullion stacker and with a little patience one can buy them from some small local b&m or through CL for just over spot sometimes
    imageimage

<< <i>Ok Best ... I must be missing something ...
    Jan 6 spot was $15.85 per kitco historical chart... $15.85*20=$317. Shipping is what $12-$18 maximum if he buys insurance? So at $350 he's charging $2 over spot? The guy needs a quick sale .. I'll offer free shipping all the time when there's a motivated seller
    Seems perfectly on the mark to me .. I See ASE for sale all day at $2 over spot on bullion stacker and with a little patience one can buy them from some small local b&m or through CL for just over spot sometimes >>

Re Read the Ops first sentence in his post...... quote ..... I spent too much money so I need a quick sale.... I saw this offer and passed quickly

Postage is 18.00 with insurance....335.00 .. .total supposed in.
    . This is the amount he could get selling to a B&M .. will cash in hand
    He is going to all that trouble to make 10-15 bucks.... LOL

What you are really saying why buy at $2.00 over spot on BST, when you can buy at the same price at a B&M and have in hand

Now Silver at $18.00.... seller needs to pony up at least $420.00 to get coins shipped to BST buyer
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Why just one buyer is my question? If he was a thief I would expect at least 5 to 10. I still hope for the best.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • CollectorcoinsCollectorcoins Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭
    Go talk to your local magistrate. You may never get a dime but if you can get a warrant served on him that should make him take notice. It would be on his record and follow him forever and create one hell of a headache for him. Just depends which state he lives in if it can be done.
    it's all a moot point .. I agree to disagree .. And I am not taking anyone's side - I have no greyhound ..
    All I am saying is one never knows what people are thinking or their motivation or thought process when it comes to transacting .. Some people may come here first; some people may never come here .. he may be 50 miles from a B&M without a car - who knows .. Hindsight is 20/20 - Monday morning QB's aplenty ... AND - If it were a scam, all it takes is one fish to bite the hook

As far as paying $23 per ASE with silver at $18, that's worse than the scammer IMO - 27.8% over spot is pretty silly IMHO but to each their own .. I realize there are people who will pay that .. but to use your own logic - why would anyone pay $23 if they can buy singles from APMEX through check or wire at $22 (or $21.60 or less if they buy >20) ...

Answer: Because not everyone shops around or knows all the resources, comfort levels vary, etc.
    imageimage
    SAM...I think it's more the being ignored by the buyers requests that were sent thru private messages to find out the status of shipping is what is at the root of suspicion here. The price is the price for what was sold. The seller needs to ANSWER the messages that were sent to him and either fully refund the amount he accepted or overnight the roll. And not in a couple days, NOW!

It's the inaction and non-follow up of the seller is what's the issue, not some kind of mob tactic of "now they're worth this much so you owe me this much now."
    Would it be the same if the value had gone down? "Uh, burp fart...now you owe me less." No, it's what it was sold for is what it's "worth" between the seller and buyer. They made their own market with their transaction. What happens with Spot after the agreement is a non-issue.
    jmho from an outside pov.
    POM- I understand and agree. I only entered the conversation to challenge best day questioning the price being too low as being a suspicious tip off the Gus N/G. That's why I made the Monday morning quarterback reference, because it's easy to see now that he did not return messages that this guys N/G - a suspicion situation. The initial buyer would not have had any way of knowing what was to come and that his messages would be ignored. Thus, if the initial price offering was with in a sensible and reasonable range, there would be no reason for suspicion at the outset of the transaction

That was the only point I was trying to make from the very beginning nothing more nothing less
    imageimage

<< <i>POM- I understand and agree. I only entered the conversation to challenge best day questioning the price being too low as being a suspicious tip off the Gus N/G. That's why I made the Monday morning quarterback reference, because it's easy to see now that he did not return messages that this guys N/G - a suspicion situation. The initial buyer would not have had any way of knowing what was to come and that his messages would be ignored. Thus, if the initial price offering was with in a sensible and reasonable range, there would be no reason for suspicion at the outset of the transaction

That was the only point I was trying to make from the very beginning nothing more nothing less >>

If a price is low compared to the market price as in this case .. there must be a reason.. sorry.. But I have seen several dubious posts like gold under spot here etc.. Like I said.. why post here for metals price when a B&M can give the seller same or higher price?....with cash in hand..

• BestDay-

For my benefit, what is a "B&M"?

I would anticipate that a seller would sell a coin at or near spot because a local dealer would offer below spot and a company like APMEX would also offer below spot and the seller would still have to deal with mail/delivery and other issues. I assume that is why some sellers require paypal gift- they are offering a coin below market but above what dealers would pay so they want the transaction to be without additional fees and delays. More risky, but some seller on this forum have well established reputations. But perhaps I need to better understand what you are saying, especially your reference to B&M. Thanks!

<< <i>BestDay-

I would anticipate that a seller would sell a coin at or near spot because a local dealer would offer below spot and a company like APMEX would also offer below spot and the seller would still have to deal with mail/delivery and other issues. I assume that is why some sellers require paypal gift- they are offering a coin below market but above what dealers would pay so they want the transaction to be without additional fees and delays. More risky, but some seller on this forum have well established reputations. But perhaps I need to better understand what you are saying, especially your reference to B&M. Thanks! >>

B&M ??.... Brick and Mortar meaning local coin store .. Silver , Gold Eagles very liquid always a buy/sell price available.. dealers I know offering to buy at spot or +1.00 over .. seems they pay less than spot... for less than BU Eagles
    Point of my post was to question what the Op said, and the offer to sell at a less than market price giving me a warning flag to avoid ..I avoided biting on the offer ... But if some here don't see no issue , good luck

<< <i>BestDay-

I would anticipate that a seller would sell a coin at or near spot because a local dealer would offer below spot and a company like APMEX would also offer below spot and the seller would still have to deal with mail/delivery and other issues. I assume that is why some sellers require paypal gift- they are offering a coin below market but above what dealers would pay so they want the transaction to be without additional fees and delays. More risky, but some seller on this forum have well established reputations. But perhaps I need to better understand what you are saying, especially your reference to B&M. Thanks! >>

What local dealers/B&Ms may offer will vary depending on where you live, competition, etc. My local dealer pays about $1.50 over spot for BU ASEs. APMEX has their current buy price for 2014s at $18.40 or about $1.46 over. Of course you'll want to have enough to make it worthwhile for everyone. Short of selling here or to the end user, you're kind of at the mercy of the dealers.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    So does the seller wait until silver goes down more and then deliver?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

<< <i>So does the seller wait until silver goes down more and then deliver? >>

from another thread, he was supposed to ship Monday.

<< <i>

<< <i>BestDay-

What local dealers/B&Ms may offer will vary depending on where you live, competition, etc. My local dealer pays about $1.50 over spot for BU ASEs. APMEX has their current buy price for 2014s at $18.40 or about $1.46 over. Of course you'll want to have enough to make it worthwhile for everyone. Short of selling here or to the end user, you're kind of at the mercy of the dealers. >>

For sure, BST is a valuable resource ,however those abusing the trust in this forum should be called out along with the facts exposed
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?
    LCoopie = Les
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any answer yet? did you get the eagles?
    Nope, nothing yet. I was planning to
    contact him today. I will keep this
    post updated with current information.
    Thanks for asking !!! image
    Timbuk3

<< <i>Nope, nothing yet. I was planning to
    contact him today. I will keep this
    post updated with current information.
    Thanks for asking !!! image >>

you will get them .. my guess when Income tax refunds start coming.. shame on seller ....for selling something he didn't have
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timbuk3---Did silver eagle ever send you your ASE's?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Nope, sent seller numerous PM's
    since this post. No responses.
    Oh well !!! :-(
    Thanks everyone for your concern
    and feedback.
    Timbuk3
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭