Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like yer screwed, blued and tattooed.image
  • Options
    tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    I live in his area. Want me to handle it for you image
    Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully you recover your money.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    This guy work for apmex?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT so others will be aware and avoid this thief.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks PerryHall !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting to observe that silvereagle is logged in at the time stamp of my post. Obviously he is lurking and knows he is being sought. I recommend that the OP contact the Police Department in silvereagle's neighborhood, so that the OP can report the details of this transaction predicament. They may have already established a pattern of contact with him over other matters. I get the sense that this person may have some issues with chemical dependency, in which case local LEO may have use for the info from the OP.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Timbuk3-

It has been a month since the ad was posted, and the seller never gave you a legitimate explanation for the delay or a refund of your money? If so, my thoughts are in line with Coindeuce's recommendation- you might consider notifying law enforcement.

I assume you didn't pay seller via paypal, so did you send him payment (like a check or money order) via the US mail? If so, you might want to check out the Postal Service Inspection Service website and see if you might file a mail fraud complaint. Or, since the solicitation was over the internet, you might also file a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. I hate to think the worst of any member on this forum, and I've had only positive experiences during my short membership. I know the amount of money isn't huge, but if all other efforts fail, you might consider one of these.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a process to remove members from the forum if something like this happens?
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, He's knows your looking for him. He was on today at 11:51 am. Report him to his local Police.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is interesting to observe that silvereagle is logged in at the time stamp of my post. Obviously he is lurking and knows he is being sought. I recommend that the OP contact the Police Department in silvereagle's neighborhood, so that the OP can report the details of this transaction predicament. They may have already established a pattern of contact with him over other matters. I get the sense that this person may have some issues with chemical dependency, in which case local LEO may have use for the info from the OP. >>

Completely agree w contacting HIS local law enforcement agency! I did not catch the city if it was mentioned here but I can speak from experience and that we (being a smaller agency/city) WILL go and pay similar people visits and give them a couple choices if we have the evidence to do so
  • Options
    I have mailed these. If he really hasn't received yet, he will soon. Oh yes, and as far as some people saying in this thread, I have ripped people off. I have been here 9 years on this forum, and have taken money and not delivered -- NEVER - Not once EVER. There may have been deals that we didn't reach agreement but I have never one time taken payment and stole the money. Anyone who says I have is a flat out LIAR.
  • Options
    You haven't even provided the buyer (Timbuk3) with a legitimate reason for failure to deliver for at least one month. In the eyes of the forum, you're the liar. You've claimed to have confirmed shipment twice prior to this, without proof. I think it is time that Timbuk3 had the Tacoma Police pay you a visit.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    This guy is very impatient - he mailed me a 7/11 MO. Its always paypal, or POSTAL MO. 7/11 MO's can cash then not be good and they come back on the person who cashed it. There was a run of fake 7/11 WU MO's so yes I wanted to make sure it was going to stay cleared. It was a good MO, but everyone on this board does business with paypal or postal MO. Point me to one time you guys posted an offer to sell and said you would take a 7 /11 MO. I just bought from Modern coin mart and they said they are holding POSTAL MO's 7 to 10 business days before shipping. He sent a 7/11 MO ( which was not an agreed payment method) and have it shipped next day. You send a 7/11 MO, you should expect to have a little patience. I agree that's a wait but I work Monday through Friday 8 to 5, so it takes a minute for me to get to PO and I was making darn sure that 7/11 MO was good before I sent. I even told his in PM's to send a postal MO since he didn't want to do paypal regular, I told his send postal MO and I will cash it at PO and mail out at the same time. Then I got a 7/11 MO and the threats started within days. Now for real, I have been on here 9 years, lets here from who I took money from and kept it. I know there have been deals that I didn't complete, not a lot, but 3 or 4 in 9 years. Life happens. I have also had people agree and not complete on me too. Life happens, things come up. That's not the same as taking someones money and just keeping it. I have never done that and I would love to hear someone claim I have their money and they got nothing. Show me the person who says that and I will show you a LIAR.
  • Options
    The buyer has 10 times as many posts in the forums in 4 years fewer than you, and you want to hold him suspect for sending a form of payment that you don't like ? He has way more credibility than you at this point. how about you explain what happened with guitarwes, who has stated clearly here that you stiffed him to.

• Options
    He has said I stiffed him.

Maybe he can expalin this message I still have from him in my PM

guitarwes

Date Posted: Jun/10/2010 11:45 AM
    I received the Money Order that you send. Thanks for the refund.

• Options
    Maybe you can explain why you didn't deliver goods that were paid for. You sent him a refund instead of the merchandise. Whats up with that? Another form of payment you didn't approve of ?

• Options
    I purchased $200 face was trying to sell some at a profit, didn't have it delivered yet and that was said in the posting. He got impatient and didn't want to wait.

Just the same, pretty obvious his statement that "I stiffed him" is not true.
  • Options
    Doesn't really matter to me who has the most posts. I don't just automatically trust someone because they have enough spare time to make 10,000 posts. My regular hours are 45 a week and I am generally in the office more like 50 a week. I don't have that kind of time. Speaking of which, I am at work now, and I need to get back to work.
  • Options
    I see how it is very clearly. You're a one way street. Good luck mister.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if seller has stated in his response
    that he has mailed the items, I will just
    wait and see. If I receive the item I will
    make an open and formal apology to both
    him and all others who responded to my
    post.

Thank you,
    Timbuk3
  • Options

<< <i>This guy is very impatient - he mailed me a 7/11 MO. Its always paypal, or POSTAL MO. 7/11 MO's can cash then not be good and they come back on the person who cashed it. There was a run of fake 7/11 WU MO's so yes I wanted to make sure it was going to stay cleared. It was a good MO, but everyone on this board does business with paypal or postal MO. Point me to one time you guys posted an offer to sell and said you would take a 7 /11 MO. I just bought from Modern coin mart and they said they are holding POSTAL MO's 7 to 10 business days before shipping. He sent a 7/11 MO ( which was not an agreed payment method) and have it shipped next day. You send a 7/11 MO, you should expect to have a little patience. I agree that's a wait but I work Monday through Friday 8 to 5, so it takes a minute for me to get to PO and I was making darn sure that 7/11 MO was good before I sent. I even told his in PM's to send a postal MO since he didn't want to do paypal regular, I told his send postal MO and I will cash it at PO and mail out at the same time. Then I got a 7/11 MO and the threats started within days. Now for real, I have been on here 9 years, lets here from who I took money from and kept it. I know there have been deals that I didn't complete, not a lot, but 3 or 4 in 9 years. Life happens. I have also had people agree and not complete on me too. Life happens, things come up. That's not the same as taking someones money and just keeping it. I have never done that and I would love to hear someone claim I have their money and they got nothing. Show me the person who says that and I will show you a LIAR. >>

Not sure why one would need to hold a USPS money order 7-10 BDs, unless the USPS only updates their stolen MO list every couple weeks. The info is readily available online or you can take them to any PO to have the validity verified.

last updated today
  • Options
    silvereagle, your excuses are too lame. You're trying to justify carrying the supposed policy of Modern Coin Mart by claiming that they hold merchandise for up to 10 days on payments by Postal Money order, but I'll wager that you didn't make those terms clear to Timbuk3, so even if he had paid by USPS money order, you would still be crying that he was being impatient. A USPS money order can be authenticated immediately at a branch office by Postal clerks, so why you would arbitrarily claim to carry the supposed policy of MCM is bogus if you can't justify why MCM has that policy, even if it is the truth.
    Furthermore, the money orders sold by 7-11 are almost exclusively Western Union moneygrams with a unique serial number on them, and a toll free 800 number for the specific purpose of customer service, including verifying authenticity above and beyond the watermark that they utilize.

Go take a long walk off a short pier.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, if seller has stated in his response
    that he has mailed the items, I will just
    wait and see. If I receive the item I will
    make an open and formal apology to both
    him and all others who responded to my
    post.

Monday January 26, 2015 6:09 PM (NEW!)
    I haven't received them yet. However, I receive a PM and
    email on Saturday that it will be delivered. I wanted to
    post when I received them. I'm holding my breath !!!

Based on him telling you he was shipping on or around the 26th, that makes him a liar and I don't see how you owe him an apology. JMO

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    2 words...tracking number. Show Timbuk3 the tracking number.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2 words...tracking number. Show Timbuk3 the tracking number. >>

None exists ....this fool has used other people's money without delivering.. if mailed on the 26th, a wagon train would have delivered by now
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there have been deals that I didn't complete, not a lot, but 3 or 4 in 9 years. Life happens.

That's a lot imo. I look at that as potentially 3-4 times your word wasn't kept. Simple logic says don't sell what you don't have....at least not without informing buyers that their purchase is conditional on you first receiving the goods. If life is getting in the way of your coin deals, then maybe it's time to curtail the coin flipping.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Buyer impatient?

No

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    I wonder if PCGS is obliged to give his email address and other identifying information to the authorities if requested.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if PCGS is obliged to give his email address and other identifying information to the authorities if requested. >>

PCGS will have no choice....... what a scum bag
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wonder if PCGS is obliged to give his email address and other identifying information to the authorities if requested. >>

PCGS will have no choice....... what a scum bag >>

Timbuc3 sent him a money order so I would think that he should have his name and address.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    This guy is getting his coins.

Edited: Monday February 09, 2015 at 3:12 PM by silvereagle
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

They can likely get that from the buyer.
  • Options

<< <i>This guy is very impatient - he mailed me a 7/11 MO. Its always paypal, or POSTAL MO. 7/11 MO's can cash then not be good and they come back on the person who cashed it. There was a run of fake 7/11 WU MO's so yes I wanted to make sure it was going to stay cleared. It was a good MO, but everyone on this board does business with paypal or postal MO. Point me to one time you guys posted an offer to sell and said you would take a 7 /11 MO. I just bought from Modern coin mart and they said they are holding POSTAL MO's 7 to 10 business days before shipping. He sent a 7/11 MO ( which was not an agreed payment method) and have it shipped next day. You send a 7/11 MO, you should expect to have a little patience. I agree that's a wait but I work Monday through Friday 8 to 5, so it takes a minute for me to get to PO and I was making darn sure that 7/11 MO was good before I sent. I even told his in PM's to send a postal MO since he didn't want to do paypal regular, I told his send postal MO and I will cash it at PO and mail out at the same time. Then I got a 7/11 MO and the threats started within days. Now for real, I have been on here 9 years, lets here from who I took money from and kept it. I know there have been deals that I didn't complete, not a lot, but 3 or 4 in 9 years. Life happens. I have also had people agree and not complete on me too. Life happens, things come up. That's not the same as taking someones money and just keeping it. I have never done that and I would love to hear someone claim I have their money and they got nothing. Show me the person who says that and I will show you a LIAR. >>

Did the buyer not inform you that he would be sending a 7-11 money order? When you received it did you inform him that you would sit on it for x weeks to make sure that it cleared? Really sounds like pissly poorly communication on both sides.
  • Options
    Well, if he didn't like the 7-11 money order he could have mailed it back instead if cashing it.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    phony b.s. story....... The m.o was cashed eons ago, but no coins..
  • Options

Tuesday January 06, 2015 5:35 PM (NEW!)

Subscribe to this thread Email this thread to someone User is offline View users profile Send user a private message View thread in raw text format

This guy is getting his coins.

Edited: Monday February 09, 2015 at 3:12 PM by silvereagle
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    ttt
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    Any word on this yet??? Man, I sure hope its just a B.S. ...stupid long time from clearing of payment to actual shipping ordeal than it being something so damn shady its disgusting.

Countless large & small dollar deals completed
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One thing is clear... there are an awful lot of folks here who don't know the difference between the world of their own personal experience and the way the real world works every day of the week. ( What's UCC for shipping after cleared payment... 30 days, or is it 60?)

The only thing actually apparent thus far is that the seller isn't big on sending emails.

This matter isn't even at a level where one should feel the need to 'pursue it civilly', and yet a handful of folks think it's a criminal matter. (With one even suggesting he's part of an LEA that routinely interferes with civil matters under color of authority.)

Although I'd have done more in the way of communication, the bottom line is that the buyer did not comply with the terms of sale. I'd have explained this to him and then offered the choice of refund, (the exact same MO he sent, mailed back,) or a delay in shipping until I was satisfied the money was staying put. (Unless I'd done business with him before.) >>

Usually those who are or were employee's...
    The rest just morons... Lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>One thing is clear... there are an awful lot of folks here who don't know the difference between the world of their own personal experience and the way the real world works every day of the week. ( What's UCC for shipping after cleared payment... 30 days, or is it 60?)

The only thing actually apparent thus far is that the seller isn't big on sending emails.

This matter isn't even at a level where one should feel the need to 'pursue it civilly', and yet a handful of folks think it's a criminal matter. (With one even suggesting he's part of an LEA that routinely interferes with civil matters under color of authority.)

Although I'd have done more in the way of communication, the bottom line is that the buyer did not comply with the terms of sale. I'd have explained this to him and then offered the choice of refund, (the exact same MO he sent, mailed back,) or a delay in shipping until I was satisfied the money was staying put. (Unless I'd done business with him before.) >>

What nonsense....the guy took his money 7 weeks ago .. without delivering the goods ,, in words..... this ain't no failure to communicate.. it is called theft
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What nonsense....the guy took his money 7 weeks ago .. without delivering the goods ,, in words..... this ain't no failure to communicate.. it is called theft >>

"A tiny bit of knowledge is so oft a dangerous thing." >>

No... my BS indicator was violently flashing
  • Options
    That's a pretty good price. Think I could get a roll at that price if I gift the payment?
  • Options

<< <i>That's a pretty good price. Think I could get a roll at that price if I gift the payment? >>

sure, just send a MO (7-11 is OK) to Timbuk3

Then Silvereagle can just mail the roll to you instead.
    LCoopie = Les