Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Roll of 2014 ASES - $350 shipped

Comments

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ProfHill - how about you send me several hundred dollars worth of your collection or inventory, and I'll just pay you when I damn well feel like. Nothing criminal about that manner of doing business, eh ? image

"I will venture to say, with relative certainty, that you will be surprised by the way this matter ends, regardless of how that ending may play out."
    I'm sure that your liberal professorship should understand the meaning of the phrase:
    "The end does not justify the means."

*100*

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>One thing is clear... there are an awful lot of folks here who don't know the difference between the world of their own personal experience and the way the real world works every day of the week. ( What's UCC for shipping after cleared payment... 30 days, or is it 60?)

The only thing actually apparent thus far is that the seller isn't big on sending emails.

This matter isn't even at a level where one should feel the need to 'pursue it civilly', and yet a handful of folks think it's a criminal matter. (With one even suggesting he's part of an LEA that routinely interferes with civil matters under color of authority.)

Although I'd have done more in the way of communication, the bottom line is that the buyer did not comply with the terms of sale. I'd have explained this to him and then offered the choice of refund, (the exact same MO he sent, mailed back,) or a delay in shipping until I was satisfied the money was staying put. (Unless I'd done business with him before.) >>

What nonsense....the guy took his money 7 weeks ago .. without delivering the goods ,, in words..... this ain't no failure to communicate.. it is called theft >>

"A tiny bit of knowledge is so oft a dangerous thing." >>

SEVEN EFFIN WEEKS!!!! There is absolutely NO reason that should occur. Is he waiting for prices to drop to buy the roll he doesn't even have to make a profit?? Whats the deal??? I still wanna know if he got his goods...he payed the man 7 weeks ago and from what i understand he has not gotten a damn thing from him. Man...I gotta say..if i was in that situation i likely wouldn't be calm and collected which is not good but what has....what looks like obviously occurred is DISGUSTING!!!! And if this is an on going this with this seller the word at least must be spread!!!! Reach as many members as possible to advise them of what is going on and what they can expect if they do ANY kind of business with this seller. Id love to see the seller banned...as it seems its an on-going thing. I mean come the hell on!!! 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!! From the time the payment cleared it should have been in his mail box in roughly 3-4 days. Not pushing 2 DAMN MONTHS!!!!???? WOW! I am certainly happy i didn't see that first and think i found a good deal without really using my head and would have picked them up. Im sorry for what happened to the buyer....wait, I didn't do anything to the buyer so i don't need to apologize but i totally sympathize and empathize with his situation. Honestly...Dude's local LEO Agency...or better yet Sheriff's Office (I think you would have MUCH better results with a elected Sheriff.And they often will be happy to help or at least point you in the right direction. But i don't thing municipal Agencies should be used for this sort of thing...they are not gonna care. Believe me....Sheriff in your county...i'm telling ya!!...I have 7 years in a Major Metropolitan Agency...and they really wont care. They will give you the typical..."its a civil matter" BS. I would go for force on this. contact the FBI for using the internet for fraud, then possibly bring up fed charges for mail fraud. The horrible thing is...i'm seeing more and more of this and it is sicking. its hurting this hobby of men...and women who are decent, honest, honorable, and trustworthy who would NEVER, EVER think about pulling some b!@ch moves on others who you should have a kind of mutual respect for eachother...thats just what he hobby is. Ill tell ya what...If this happend to me...and homeboy was in my area...oh oh oh its a WRAP!!! I apologize for rant...hope i didn't cross any lines but this is a big deal that really upsets me!!!! IF this dude has a strong history of pulling this garbage...throw EVERYTHING you can at him!!!! I hope my rant wasn't too bad and I hope some of the info I gave you will help. Cant we get this guy booted off CU...with his history and if this poor guys ASE's never happen to arrive....I truly hope they do. GOOD LUCK!!! DAMN...that got away form me...sorry!!!

Countless large & small dollar deals completed
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>One thing is clear... there are an awful lot of folks here who don't know the difference between the world of their own personal experience and the way the real world works every day of the week. ( What's UCC for shipping after cleared payment... 30 days, or is it 60?)

The only thing actually apparent thus far is that the seller isn't big on sending emails.

This matter isn't even at a level where one should feel the need to 'pursue it civilly', and yet a handful of folks think it's a criminal matter. (With one even suggesting he's part of an LEA that routinely interferes with civil matters under color of authority.)

Although I'd have done more in the way of communication, the bottom line is that the buyer did not comply with the terms of sale. I'd have explained this to him and then offered the choice of refund, (the exact same MO he sent, mailed back,) or a delay in shipping until I was satisfied the money was staying put. (Unless I'd done business with him before.) >>

What nonsense....the guy took his money 7 weeks ago .. without delivering the goods ,, in words..... this ain't no failure to communicate.. it is called theft >>

SEVEN EFFIN WEEKS!!!! There is absolutely NO reason that should occur. Is he waiting for prices to drop to buy the roll he doesn't even have to make a profit?? Whats the deal??? I still wanna know if he got his goods...he payed the man 7 weeks ago and from what i understand he has not gotten a damn thing from him. Man...I gotta say..if i was in that situation i likely wouldn't be calm and collected which is not good but what has....what looks like obviously occurred is DISGUSTING!!!! And if this is an on going this with this seller the word at least must be spread!!!! Reach as many members as possible to advise them of what is going on and what they can expect if they do ANY kind of business with this seller. Id love to see the seller banned...as it seems its an on-going thing. I mean come the hell on!!! 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!! From the time the payment cleared it should have been in his mail box in roughly 3-4 days. Not pushing 2 DAMN MONTHS!!!!???? WOW! I am certainly happy i didn't see that first and think i found a good deal without really using my head and would have picked them up. Im sorry for what happened to the buyer....wait, I didn't do anything to the buyer so i don't need to apologize but i totally sympathize and empathize with his situation. Honestly...Dude's local LEO Agency...or better yet Sheriff's Office (I think you would have MUCH better results with a elected Sheriff.And they often will be happy to help or at least point you in the right direction. But i don't thing municipal Agencies should be used for this sort of thing...they are not gonna care. Believe me....Sheriff in your county...i'm telling ya!!...I have 7 years in a Major Metropolitan Agency...and they really wont care. They will give you the typical..."its a civil matter" BS. I would go for force on this. contact the FBI for using the internet for fraud, then possibly bring up fed charges for mail fraud. The horrible thing is...i'm seeing more and more of this and it is sicking. its hurting this hobby of men...and women who are decent, honest, honorable, and trustworthy who would NEVER, EVER think about pulling some b!@ch moves on others who you should have a kind of mutual respect for eachother...thats just what he hobby is. Ill tell ya what...If this happend to me...and homeboy was in my area...oh oh oh its a WRAP!!! I apologize for rant...hope i didn't cross any lines but this is a big deal that really upsets me!!!! IF this dude has a strong history of pulling this garbage...throw EVERYTHING you can at him!!!! I hope my rant wasn't too bad and I hope some of the info I gave you will help. Cant we get this guy booted off CU...with his history and if this poor guys ASE's never happen to arrive....I truly hope they do. GOOD LUCK!!! DAMN...that got away form me...sorry!!! >>

Growing up in the old neighborhood ,this bozo seller **sliver eagle***, would have found the money quickly ,after getting a visit from the street crew
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    A lotta attorneys here... Cool...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing yet, guys !!! :-(
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Professor Hill-

Please refer back to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC, not USC) before applying it. Article 2, Sales, specifically relates to transactions between "Merchants". "Merchants" is defined as "a person who deals in goods of the kind or otherwise by his occupation holds himself out as having knowledge or skill peculiar to the practices or goods involved in the transaction..." In other words, the statute applies to commercial transactions (business to business) and for terms that are not covered under a written contract. Transactions on this forum are hardly commercial transactions between merchants.

• Options

<< <i>Professor Hill-

Please refer back to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC, not USC) before applying it. Article 2, Sales, specifically relates to transactions between "Merchants". "Merchants" is defined as "a person who deals in goods of the kind or otherwise by his occupation holds himself out as having knowledge or skill peculiar to the practices or goods involved in the transaction..." In other words, the statute applies to commercial transactions (business to business) and for terms that are not covered under a written contract. Transactions on this forum are hardly commercial transactions between merchants. >>

And today, 2/13 marks the 30th day since silvereagle cashed Timbuk3's money order without completing the transaction by making delivery. And silvereagle has not even provided a tracking number for a shipment despite having promised delivery to Timbuk3 numerous times.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey ProfHill - how about you send me several hundred dollars worth of your collection or inventory, and I'll just pay you when I damn well feel like. Nothing criminal about that manner of doing business, eh ? image >>

Nowhere above has failure to pay been discussed, so your comment actually doesn't address the matter at hand. The issue here is one of 'timely receipt of goods', so to speak.

Under the Uniform Commercial Code (USC) a seller has at least 30 days after receipt of cleared funds to ship an item. At least until the 30 days has passed, there is no question of a crime, "mail fraud", etc. After the 30 days, if a seller has any sort of evidence of shipment, the only recourse is a civil action, should action be necessary. >>

The transaction in question is a private casual sale and I don't believe the UCC has application here. Even if it did so what? How is that going to help? You still have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get redress.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Why did I think that the "buy, sell & trade-U.S. Coins" was for posting United States coinsto offer for sale or to buy or trade and that comments were to be limited to "I'll take it" or "PM Sent" ?
  • Options
    If nothing else Mission16, a thread like this provides a means to reinforce the value of trust and honor in this venue.

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I wasnt aware that Jackie Chiles was a member here.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey ProfHill - how about you send me several hundred dollars worth of your collection or inventory, and I'll just pay you when I damn well feel like. Nothing criminal about that manner of doing business, eh ? image >>

Nowhere above has failure to pay been discussed, so your comment actually doesn't address the matter at hand. The issue here is one of 'timely receipt of goods', so to speak.

Under the Uniform Commercial Code (USC) a seller has at least 30 days after receipt of cleared funds to ship an item. At least until the 30 days has passed, there is no question of a crime, "mail fraud", etc. After the 30 days, if a seller has any sort of evidence of shipment, the only recourse is a civil action, should action be necessary. >>

The transaction in question is a private casual sale and I don't believe the UCC has application here. Even if it did so what? How is that going to help? You still have to jump through a bunchl of hoops to get redress. >>

You failed to offer any suggestions to the buyer. That "it sucks" is rather obvious.

You only have two choices in a civil society, you can take matters into your own hands, and maybe you "win" and then wind up in prison or worse... or you can 'jump through a bunch of hoops' and get your redress, (even then it's not guaranteed.)

Do some research and learn how long it takes victims of violent crimes, and/or their families, to get justice. Just see how many 'hoops' they have to jump through. If you think civil litigation is tough, time-consuming, boring, and usually expensive... wait til you see what they most often must endure. >>

What would you like me to suggest to Timbuk3 that hasn't already been suggested? I know for a fact that he lives in Hawaii [sold some PCGS boxes to him] so if the seller of the roll of 2014 ASEs fails to deliver he is for all intents and purpose SOL. UCC or not, there is no magic system that will make him whole after x amount of days have passed or other conditions/agreements have been breached. His best bet is that silvereagle will get shamed into sending the goods, but even if he does his name is Mudd as far as doing further business here.
    As Bruce Williams used to say "get out the ketchup cuz yer gonna eat the loss."

And why do you think I wouldn't know what people go through to get redress in civil or criminal matters?
  • Options
    It's Friday the 13th! image
  • Options

Listen...I do NOT want you to quote me or use what i said in this thread...your totally misinformed and i dont even wanna hear it not to mention your and this dude who has screwed this poor guy out of hard earned money and all he does is give him the run around. Yea yea yea you think its all a civil deal...look a the means he is using to facilitate this fraud. I work closely with an inner city Police Dept and there are real good chances that this isnt just a civil matter ie mail fraud, internet scam/fraud and we all know these are not a civil matter...and any cop who wants to just say "oh, its a civil matter" is LAZY...he/she needs to look into that and figure out what the real deal is! He didn't borrow money from him his buddy face to face and his boy never paid him so he took him to Judge Judy for a CIVIL MATTER...which is what that is. This isn't. MAil Fraud, Internet scam/fraud...the FBI and high federal agencies get these cases. He needs to involve the FBI for internet fraud, Also...there would be some postal fraud too. I have talked to the buyer a few times and i sure hope he sticks it t this punk. This is supposed to be a community of people with the same interests and with that should come people who are on the up and up. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHY HE HAS NOT RECEIVED HIS PACKAGE!!!!! If it walks walks like a duck, quacks like a duck well then its probably a shiesty, shady sucka who gets over on others!!! Now if it goes get delivered...if he does finally get his package I will wholeheartedly apologize. He should have had the damn roll in like a week,,,seriously. This will come back to this dude...just wait...till someone has some for for sale he wants and does him dirty. Hell...Id laugh till milk came out my nose. MAN UP...BE A REAL MAN, STICK TO YOUR WORD, DO WHAT YOU SAY ARE GOING TO DO, A DEAL IS A DEAL!!!!!!!! I may have pissed a few off but i dont care...ive spoken to the buyer numerous times and im putting my 50 buck in because you are RUINING this great hobby!!!!! When you cant trust somebody because its a pvt sale...damn that will be a sad sad ordeal. I pray he gets what he paid for...and honestly i think in the interest of doing the right thing...if he finally receives the pckg the seller should reimburse him a certain amount for all this damn trouble, stress and craziness! Ill tell ya right ow...id love to see how many folks have added this dude to their....DON'T BUY FROM THIS FOOL!!!! His reputation will precede him....karma is a MOFO!!!!! I apologize if I offended anybody besides...well you know who. because you have it coming homeboy. Your lucky you lucky i wasnt the one who jumped on the deal because ill tell you right now...for starters...ill being your city within 2 days. Have you even provided a damn tracking number???!!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY BUYERS GETS A TRACKING NUMBER...that is just how it is done...just like how you change your kids diaper cause its nasty......DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE THE MAN WHAT HE PAID FOR OR GIVE HIME HIS SCRATCH BACK NOW!!!! Even tho im sure that money is loooooooong gone....

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

SEVEN EFFIN WEEKS!!!! There is absolutely NO reason that should occur. Is he waiting for prices to drop to buy the roll he doesn't even have to make a profit?? Whats the deal??? I still wanna know if he got his goods...he payed the man 7 weeks ago and from what i understand he has not gotten a damn thing from him. Man...I gotta say..if i was in that situation i likely wouldn't be calm and collected which is not good but what has....what looks like obviously occurred is DISGUSTING!!!! And if this is an on going this with this seller the word at least must be spread!!!! Reach as many members as possible to advise them of what is going on and what they can expect if they do ANY kind of business with this seller. Id love to see the seller banned...as it seems its an on-going thing. I mean come the hell on!!! 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!! From the time the payment cleared it should have been in his mail box in roughly 3-4 days. Not pushing 2 DAMN MONTHS!!!!???? WOW! I am certainly happy i didn't see that first and think i found a good deal without really using my head and would have picked them up. Im sorry for what happened to the buyer....wait, I didn't do anything to the buyer so i don't need to apologize but i totally sympathize and empathize with his situation. Honestly...Dude's local LEO Agency...or better yet Sheriff's Office (I think you would have MUCH better results with a elected Sheriff.And they often will be happy to help or at least point you in the right direction. But i don't think municipal Agencies should be used for this sort of thing...they are not gonna care. Believe me....Sheriff in your county...i'm telling ya!!...I have 7 years in a Major Metropolitan Agency...and they really wont care. They will give you the typical..."its a civil matter" BS. I would go for force on this. contact the FBI for using the internet for fraud, then possibly bring up fed charges for mail fraud. The horrible thing is...i'm seeing more and more of this and it is sicking. its hurting this hobby of men...and women who are decent, honest, honorable, and trustworthy who would NEVER, EVER think about pulling some b!@ch moves on others who you should have a kind of mutual respect for eachother...thats just what he hobby is. Ill tell ya what...If this happend to me...and homeboy was in my area...oh oh oh its a WRAP!!! I apologize for rant...hope i didn't cross any lines but this is a big deal that really upsets me!!!! IF this dude has a strong history of pulling this garbage...throw EVERYTHING you can at him!!!! I hope my rant wasn't too bad and I hope some of the info I gave you will help. Cant we get this guy booted off CU...with his history and if this poor guys ASE's never happen to arrive....I truly hope they do. GOOD LUCK!!! DAMN...that got away form me...sorry!!! >>

Growing up in the old neighborhood ,this bozo seller **sliver eagle***, would have found the money quickly ,after getting a visit from the street crew >>

• Options

<< <i>

Oh for the love of god Profhill...your just and messed up and shady as this dude. and any other mofo who gets over on people. and im not just talking on this forum or even ebay...just in general. Profhill......you don't know what your talking about. is this your homeboy or something??? yea...peep game....you send me money for this 89CC in VF...ill cash the MO and go have fun...for as long as i want. There is a generally accepted time frame for this. but not only that...hes doging this buyer, feeding him bs...I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH THE TRACK #!!!! Didn't this dude say it was mailed some time ago...like quite a while ago??? So..Profhil you don't have a leg to stand on. It was "Shipped"....i guess the roll of ASE decided to go on vaca...I personally dont thing this dude EVER had this roll to sell...especially at that price....he KNEW somebody would jump on it fast!!! A-holes on ebay pull this crap...i hoped i wouldn't see it here...

COME ON OH MR SELLER...TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE BUYER!!!!!! OR YOU GONNA SPIT ANOTHER EXCUSE?? THIS DUDE AND THIS WHOLE THING DISGUSTS ME. HES A BETTER MAN THAN I BECAUSE I WOULD AVE SHOWED UP AT HIS DOOR...NO JOKE. Thats how to get some results when everything else hasn't worked.
    I think its REALLY funny that maybe the fourth post down warned everybody of dealing with that seller saying he will take payment and NEVER deliver....hmmmmm gee sounds like this is what poppin off!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think it's time for me to go
    public with this culprit so that other
    forum members are not deceived
    by this individual. Here's the
    informations on silvereagle:

Danny May
    247 Tacoma Avenue South
    Tacoma, WA. 98402

Email address:

spencerjames6969@yahoo.com

Thank's to all who supported me.

Timbuk3
  • Options

<< <i>It's easy to pound a keyboard in anger, it's quite another thing to take the time to educate oneself on the subject(s) that lead to the anger.

In the distant past, the one who delivered the bad news to the emperor was often put to death, though he had nothing to do with the news he delivered. Today, we call similar, (tho much less lethal,) actions regarding bad news, 'killing the messenger', and it is a sign of short-tempered ignorance.

If the UCC did NOT apply, buyers in cases like this would be in an even worse situation. Where would they look to find established rules and regulations, in order to proceed? Any ideas, 'gents'?

It may not be pleasant to learn how long one must wait to proceed lawfully, in cases where it becomes necessary to do so, and it's surely even less so, to learn of how few options one may have in such situations, but the reality is as it is, regardless.

A commercial transaction is a commercial transaction, whether one has a business license or not. Ebay sellers of every stripe and level are held to the UCC, (tho ebay and PayPal rules offer more protection in many instances...for example, a seller generally must ship within 7 days, not 30, from receipt of good funds,) and it is not due to anything ebay has stipulated. The United States Code applies to all of us in the US, and the portion known as the UCC applies to all of us who conduct commerce, whether we are hobbyists selling duplicates from our collections or licensed, seasoned pros selling as a way of life.

If you wish to learn more, (prepare to be both shocked and disappointed,) go to the ebay discussion board about selling. There are many knowledgeable people there who are well-versed in these matters, and unless a miracle has occurred, I'm sure they are still at it, trying to help buyer's who are, or feel they have been, cheated/defrauded by sellers. >>

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! ARE YOU IMPLYING MR SMART GUY THAT I AM IGNORANT AND SHORT TEMPERED??? YOU DONT KNOW ME WHO THE HELL YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!!!!!???????? HOW DARE YOU PASS THAT KIND OF JUDGMENT ON SOMEBODY YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!!! i HAVE LOW TOLERANCE FOR PEOPLE WHO F@#K OTHER PEOPLE OVER. AND THAT IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE (IM STILL HOLDING OUT HOPE HE GETS HIS PACKAGE) I WORK WITH INNER CITY PD OFFICERS AND THE THING I KNOW WOULD PUT YOU BACK IN YOUR CHAIR. I WILL NOT EVEN GET INTO THE DEGREES I HOLD...YOU WOULD ACTUALLY EITHER BE TOTALLY SURPRISED OR NOT BELIEVE ME. i GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL A YEAR EARLY...SOME OF MY DEGREES WERE SOLID FROM 3.4 TO 4.0. I AM WORKING ON A MASTERS DEGREE THAT WILL HELP ME THRU OUT LIFE WHICH, WHEN OBTAINED WILL ALLOW ME TO MAKE 4 TIMES WHAT I AM NOW BUT I LOVE MY JOB AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME INSTEAD OF A HALF MIL A YEAR. AND FOR YOU TO CALL ME IGNORANT...WOW IF YOU ONLY KNEW AND IF I GAVE A FLYING EF...ID SEND YOU MY TRANSCRIPTS AND YOU WOULD FEEL LIKE SUCH AN A-HOLE KNOWING THAT WHAT I HOLD IS LIKELY MORE THAN YOU AND I ACHIEVED IT IN A SHORTER AMOUT OF TIME THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME AND I GUARANTEE I WOLD PUT YOU DOWN WITH WORDS...AND NOT A SINGLE SWEAR WORD WOULD COME OUT MY MOUTH. FOR SOMEBODY WHO CLAIMS TO KNOW ALOT YOU SURE ARE ONE OF THE MOST UNINTELLIGENT PEOPLE I HAVE COME ACROSS...AND I CAN TELL THIS EVEN THRU A COMPUTER. DONT EVER CALL ANYONE IGNORANT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN...YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME OR ANYONE ELSE. YOU JUST THINK YOU HAVE EVERYTHING FGURED OUT AND YOU DO NOTHING WRONG...ITS ALL YOU. CLASSIC NARCISSIST!!!! I WENT WAY TO FAR WITH THIS TODAY AND GOT TOO WORKED UP BUT MAN...THIS POOR DUDE GOT JACKED...STRAIGHT UP AND IM NOT OK WITH IT!!! hAVE A GREAT NITE EVERYBODY!!!

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    profharoldhill ? seems strange he is trying to defend the scammer.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I think it's time for me to go

Danny May
    247 Tacoma Avenue South
    Tacoma, WA. 98402

Email address:

Thank's to all who supported me. >>

Good to know
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
  • Options

Danny May
    247 Tacoma Avenue South
    Tacoma, WA. 98402

Email address:

The silvereagle address is a dated apartment building in Tacoma .. with rents going $ 600 to $ 800 a month .. doubt if money will be returned
  • Options

<< <i>could he be a manager at mcdonalds ? >>

Most likely it is he ,, fits in what he said... he works 40 -50 hours a week .. a Mickey D manager is not that well paid, circa $45,000..
    Anyone in the Tacoma area like to pay the owner a visit ,with this thread in hand ?
  • Options

Danny May
    247 Tacoma Avenue South
    Tacoma, WA. 98402

Email address:

He stole one coin to me few years ago when I was under my other username, Ciccio.
    He first made a couple of legit purchases and he didn't send the check for the last one (which I shipped in advance since I dealt with him
    before!)
    His username was another one back there.I'll see if I can find it but I am not able to log in to my old account.

Edited to add:
    it was with my current user, back in 2012. His handle was Danny9995.
    I have his phone number, if anyone would like to call him (given that it is still active)
    Full address includes the apt #6.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    I'll guess that McDonalds corp would not like a thief working as a manager
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Kind of lost track of this thread, didn't think it would come to this.
    In my simpleton way of trying to understand something, couldn't it all have been avoided...this thread coming to this, by the seller simply providing a tracking number?
    There's been alot of rambling by parties not remotely directly involved, but I think I get it that he just hasn't provided one and has sold out his name and semi-anonymity for $350.
    I'd have to be pretty damn desperate to sell myself out for such a petty amount. But I guess if you keep changing your profile name on sites such as this and eBay it would add up. Possibly that's what's going on?
    What a shame and a reminder for us all to do our diligence. Sorry you had to take the hit Timbuk3. You're a straight up guy having dealt with you a few times. Wish I could help out in some way.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    Never thought you would be called out did ya Danny boy??? Now EVERYONE knows who you are and you cant hide and its going to be much harder to screw anybody else over!!!! WOW what a piece of....you know. A big steaming pile of it!! Next thing to do timbuk is to see what you can do with him federally....He used the internet AND mail to perpetrate FRAUD! Dont relent Timbuk....GET EM! I know im personally I'm keeping his info so I hopefully dont get got.

• Options

Danny May
    247 Tacoma Avenue South
    Tacoma, WA. 98402

Email address:

Keep it BUMPING!!!!

• Options
    This might sound crazy to some, but as a community that cares about our fellow collector, would anyone be open to the idea of taking up a collection so Timbuk3 can recoup some of his funds in this matter? He has contributed he alot here and hasn't ever caused any problems to my knowledge.

$5 or so here and there would help to get something back. Remember, we're trying to help out a fellow collector. One of us was taken advantage of and when my friends get taken advantage of, I do what I can to help.
    It would be one thing if silvereagle had not responded, some may think TB3 could be scamming, but he's NOT because silvereagle has responded in this thread and he is guilty of not providing proof that the roll was even sent.

I will lead by example. I will be sending Timbuk3 something. Let's help out our fellow collector people.
  • Options

<< <i>This might sound crazy to some, but as a community that cares about our fellow collector, would anyone be open to the idea of taking up a collection so Timbuk3 can recoup some of his funds in this matter? He has contributed he alot here and hasn't ever caused any problems to my knowledge.

$5 or so here and there would help to get something back. Remember, we're trying to help out a fellow collector. One of us was taken advantage of and when my friends get taken advantage of, I do what I can to help.
    It would be one thing if silvereagle had not responded, some may think TB3 could be scamming, but he's NOT because silvereagle has responded in this thread and he is guilty of not providing proof that the roll was even sent.

I will lead by example. I will be sending Timbuk3 something. Let's help out our fellow collector people.[/(Maybe POM) for their PayPal Email so you can send what you can. POM seems like a decent guy, i don't know him but that is a great idea and i'm totally down!!! Hows it gonna go down POM? You gonna collect or...??

• Options
    Not sure why that last post turned out like that...but yes!!! AWESOME idea!!! Are you gonna take up the collection POM?

• Options
    There are some that despise me here Jabbss, I guess they have their reasons, and I have mine too image

So with that said, I'm sure some here would not "trust" me to be the manager of a collection. To my knowledge I don't think I've screwed anyone over here, so it wouldn't be because of that, it's just that some have alot of resentment because I admittedly may be a bit outspoken.
    So it's probably best just to contact TB3. That's what I've done.
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure why that last post turned out like that...but yes!!! AWESOME idea!!! Are you gonna take up the collection POM? >>

The final only solution is DannyBoy paying up.. a collection only gets Danny May off the hook
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure why that last post turned out like that...but yes!!! AWESOME idea!!! Are you gonna take up the collection POM? >>

Looks like you got your comments on the inside of the quote marks. Hit edit and look again.
  • Options

<< <i>There are some that despise me here Jabbss, I guess they have their reasons, and I have mine too image

So with that said, I'm sure some here would not "trust" me to be the manager of a collection. To my knowledge I don't think I've screwed anyone over here, so it wouldn't be because of that, it's just that some have alot of resentment because I admittedly may be a bit outspoken.
    So it's probably best just to contact TB3. That's what I've done. >>

Being outspoken and being trustworthy are two completely different things. But if its one of those things where you really dont want to be the one to do it....thats understandable. If they don't like what you have to say...well one click of that mouse can change the page...

• Options

<< <i>

The final only solution is DannyBoy paying up.. a collection only gets Danny May off the hook >>

You know what....i totally agree with that. We gotta figure out how to get that fool to man up. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to help Timbuk becuase i do and i will/would...but i get what your saying. that just facilitates that POS to keep doing this and to get a free 350...Timbuk...you should be charging vig!!!!

• Options

<< <i>

The final only solution is DannyBoy paying up.. a collection only gets Danny May off the hook >>

You know what....i totally agree with that. We gotta figure out how to get that fool to man up. Its kinda a catch 22. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to help Timbuk becuase i do and i will/would...but i get what your saying. that just facilitates that POS to keep doing this and to get a free 350...Timbuk...you should be charging vig!!!!

• Options

<< <i>

Danny May
    247 Tacoma Avenue South
    Tacoma, WA. 98402

Email address:

He stole one coin to me few years ago when I was under my other username, Ciccio.
    He first made a couple of legit purchases and he didn't send the check for the last one (which I shipped in advance since I dealt with him
    before!)
    His username was another one back there.I'll see if I can find it but I am not able to log in to my old account.

Edited to add:
    it was with my current user, back in 2012. His handle was Danny9995.
    I have his phone number, if anyone would like to call him (given that it is still active)
    Full address includes the apt #6. >>

Danny May admitted he has not completed several deals in the past.. How many others are still out there?

If he is the Manager of a McDonalds in Tacoma , he handles several thousands of cash each week ...
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Bestday,

First of all, it was and still is good of you to be vocal about unfair dealings on this message board. I commend you for that.
    However, when Danny May admitted that he did not complete a few deals, I think he meant that there was a money for goods agreement, but the actual execution never took place (meaning goods and money never exchanged, no one lost or gained). Its not a good way to end things, but its not the same as goods or money being exchanged one way where one party actually loses something. In any case, we just heard of another individual a few posts up that never received money for one coin in a series of transactions. This is in no way to defend Silvereagle, just keeping it real.

As piecesofme shared, Silvereagle sold out his name, reputation, anonymity, etc. for a relatively small amount.

As John Proctor from Arthur Miller's The Crucible stated in choosing to die honorably than live as a liar:

“Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!”

We have to be on the look out for "new members" who may actually be alts. If silvereagle ever comes back and tries to do business here, we need to link this thread for any new member that may not know what has gone on here and let them decide if they want to proceed. Let the evidence be available and speak for itself. I hate to see anyone be taken advantage of.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>Bestday,

First of all, it was and still is good of you to be vocal about unfair dealings on this message board. I commend you for that.
    However, when Danny May admitted that he did not complete a few deals, I think he meant that there was a money for goods agreement, but the actual execution never took place (meaning goods and money never exchanged, no one lost or gained). Its not a good way to end things, but its not the same as goods or money being exchanged one way where one party actually loses something. In any case, we just heard of another individual a few posts up that never received money for one coin in a series of transactions. This is in no way to defend Silvereagle, just keeping it real.

As piecesofme shared, Silvereagle sold out his name, reputation, anonymity, etc. for a relatively small amount.

As John Proctor from Arthur Miller's The Crucible stated in choosing to die honorably than live as a liar:

“Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!”

We have to be on the look out for "new members" who may actually be alts. If silvereagle ever comes back and tries to do business here, we need to link this thread for any new member that may not know what has gone on here and let them decide if they want to proceed. Let the evidence be available and speak for itself. I hate to see anyone be taken advantage of. >>

Read back up the thread .. another member sent a coin to Danny May and he never paid for it .. keeping it real is a nonsense word.. the real part is that 2 members have lost money/ losing money to this DannyBoy .. that is about as real as it gets

Keep on posting
  • Options

<< <i>There are some that despise me here Jabbss, I guess they have their reasons, and I have mine too image

So it's probably best just to contact TB3. That's what I've done. >>

And wanted to mention...people just get all butt hurt when someone else has the stugots to speak their mind and not get all extra worried what some fool will get their feelings hurt! You and I are very much alike in that manner...

• Options

<< <i>(And that's the last of my two cents' worth, kids. Play nicely in my absence.) >>

yes indeed.... please move on