Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2017 Palladium Eagle (PDE) in hand and unboxing

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@HalfStrike said:
    Don't get greedy, take the profits as this will come out again next year.

Going to wager next year will have a higher mintage.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisRx said:

@HalfStrike said:
    Don't get greedy, take the profits as this will come out again next year.

Going to wager next year will have a higher mintage.

And don't forget fractional ones too.......maybe...hopefully

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who ever told APMEX to get off their duff and send me my PCGS FS Black Label THANK YOU! It just shipped!!!! :)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

FINALLY!!!! Mine just came today and I have to say it's the most beautiful coin this year! Outstanding. Coin of the Year! The Eagle is superb.

• Options

@Onastone said:
    FINALLY!!!! Mine just came today and I have to say it's the most beautiful coin this year! Outstanding. Coin of the Year! The Eagle is superb.

Congrats Ona!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it when collectors get excited. It's great for the hobby even if you don't collect moderns

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

:p:p:p I am waiting in my truck postman is just down the street!!!! I am expecting a COIN TODAY! :p:p:p

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Gluggo>>>>>> Did it come? Did you get it? Is it in pristine shape????????

• Options

They made it!

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

Coin looks much better with a 1st Strike Flag label

• Options
    edited October 21, 2017 5:01PM

@bestday said:

I agree! But Check out the Population Numbers . # 653490 FDOI POP RPT = 1/422 = 69/70 vs #653110 First Strike POP RPT 272/756 = 69/70 Interesting!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love our flag. Not so much on coin holders

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@bestday said:

I was thinking the exact opposite.

I agree! But Check out the Population Numbers . # 653490 FDOI POP RPT = 1/422 = 69/70 vs #653110 First Strike POP RPT 272/756 = 69/70 Interesting!

Not really... It’s really easy to say only slab 70’s and send the 69’s back...

• Options
    edited October 21, 2017 7:10PM

Looks like prices are starting to stabilize but there still creeping up. Now very close to $1,900.00 for a 70 grade coin. When will this stop?

https://www.apmex.com/product/152023/2017-1-oz-palladium-american-eagle-ms-70-ngc-early-releases

I don't see prices going down unless they crank out more coins!

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Looks like prices are starting to stabilize but there still creeping up. Now very close to $1,900.00 for a 70 grade coin. When will this stop?

https://www.apmex.com/product/152023/2017-1-oz-palladium-american-eagle-ms-70-ngc-early-releases

When the flippers exit I see the prices going south. I will wait to buy one till they come down!

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO I think we are near the point where collector interest is satisfied. If you wanted one, you have already bought one, like I did. I too will play the wait game and see how it unfolds. I'm not a fan of purchasing coins with stock images or the lofty 70 grade, but I did from APMEX. On any given day a 70 is a 69 and a 69 is a 70.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@Manorcourtman said:

@Gluggo said:

When the flippers exit I see the prices going south. I will wait to buy one till they come down!

IT will be a interesting wait. Now we wait good luck on your venture. I really do hope they come down for you.

• Options
    edited October 22, 2017 12:23PM

@morgansforever said:
    IMO I think we are near the point where collector interest is satisfied. If you wanted one, you have already bought one, like I did. I too will play the wait game and see how it unfolds. I'm not a fan of purchasing coins with stock images or the lofty 70 grade, but I did from APMEX. On any given day a 70 is a 69 and a 69 is a 70.

Not yet .. Last Week, my dealer friend got the most calls about a Mint product ... since the 2006 Anniv sets

He Sold 3 PCGS Palladium 1st Strike 70s ..$ 2,150

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

I think it's the most beautiful coin since the UHR.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Onastone said:

Oh yeah, Raufus!
    Brings back good memories. It’s been a long wait for something this stunning.
    Congratulations to those they got theirs. I am happy with mine.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

It's been 8 years, has the UHR come down a lot in price? Oh, and there's less palladium to go around too...

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought 11 more I'm still sick and a hoarder. :(

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

@Type2 said:
    I bought 11 more I'm still sick and a hoarder. :(

I can help you just send me your stock I will hold it for you!

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the 15,000 mintage holds, these will become (arguably already are) one of the most sought-after American coins of the last 50 years. Their mintage is a tiny fraction of the UHR (to which I think they are most closely related), or the first year releases for the gold eagle, the silver eagle, the platinum eagle.

These are very cool, and I can see demand from outside of the "normal" domestic numismatic community.

There are 300,000,000 Americans. Only one in 20,000 Americans can own one of these. Ever. Only 300 people in each state. And I believe these will have more than a passing interest in many foreign countries as well. Europe, Asia, India will all have at least some interest. If even 1/4 of these go overseas, then the number of Americans who can own one drops to around 200 in each state or fewer than one in 25,000.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    If the 15,000 mintage holds, these will become (arguably already are) one of the most sought-after American coins of the last 50 years. Their mintage is a tiny fraction of the UHR (to which I think they are most closely related), or the first year releases for the gold eagle, the silver eagle, the platinum eagle.

These are very cool, and I can see demand from outside of the "normal" domestic numismatic community.

There are 300,000,000 Americans. Only one in 20,000 Americans can own one of these. Ever. Only 300 people in each state. And I believe these will have more than a passing interest in many foreign countries as well. Europe, Asia, India will all have at least some interest. If even 1/4 of these go overseas, then the number of Americans who can own one drops to around 200 in each state or fewer than one in 25,000.

But they will be making more every year.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

And you can pick up a nice, ms65 1922 peace for a few bucks. :wink:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

Do you think there are 300 collectors in each state? If you consider many have bought 2 or more, that would mean there are only 150 - 200 for each state. If you are a collector of PCGS MS70's there are only 2,403 to go around at this time. That leaves 48 measly coins in PCGS 70 grade for each state. IMO, I think the price will hold up well on these.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contemplating if I should go ahead because the beauty had captured my heart?

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Weiss said:

This is the way I look at it. This year has a stand alone coin, It's the 2017 Palladium eagle with a mintage of 15,000 units so only 15,000 sets can be made from her on out. Do I think it's a $10k coin No but a $3k to $5k Yes.

Just like the 95W that is a one year low minted coin and not the only proof eagle made does well this coin will do the same.
    Did they make others after that? Yes but not the 95W and how much is that coin in a 69 or 70? The 1st year and low mintage is the "KEY" and this coin is one of the lowest minted coins in the eagle series so far. I think it's a WINNER. But that's just me DUMB Type2 thinking.
    I'm in $300 over melt if it go's south to spot will it kill me No but if it go's north to $3k or $5k that will eat me up knowing I had the chance and did not act. :'(

1st year low mintage "Key"
    Low mintage "Key" What will you pay for a "Key" coin?
    Opportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity That's it knocking are you going to answer?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

3 of the FS Flags available at APMEX: shield your eyes from the pricing to protect from damage.

• Options

Types nicely stated thank you.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    3 of the FS Flags available at APMEX: shield your eyes from the pricing to protect from damage.

$1862.00 to $1939.00 they will be sold before the day is over or within the hour.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

MCM has more listed......hhhmmmm

• Options

Yup, MCM has NGC; I prefer the host.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Yup, MCM has NGC; I prefer the host.

I've seen both in hand and I agree.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    MCM has more listed......hhhmmmm

Looks like MCM lied.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@MilesWaits said:

$1862.00 to $1939.00 they will be sold before the day is over or within the hour.

I paid $1650.00 for the black flag one would I buy this one? Well right now I don't need to so I will pass.

Paradise.found this post is for you are you going to jump on it?

• Options

@Raufus said:

@Onastone said:

;););););)

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:

@jwitten said:

@Weiss said:

This is the way I look at it. This year has a stand alone coin, It's the 2017 Palladium eagle with a mintage of 15,000 units so only 15,000 sets can be made from her on out. Do I think it's a $10k coin No but a $3k to $5k Yes.

Just like the 95W that is a one year low minted coin and not the only proof eagle made does well this coin will do the same.
    Did they make others after that? Yes but not the 95W and how much is that coin in a 69 or 70? The 1st year and low mintage is the "KEY" and this coin is one of the lowest minted coins in the eagle series so far. I think it's a WINNER. But that's just me DUMB Type2 thinking.
    I'm in $300 over melt if it go's south to spot will it kill me No but if it go's north to $3k or $5k that will eat me up knowing I had the chance and did not act. :'(

1st year low mintage "Key"
    Low mintage "Key" What will you pay for a "Key" coin?
    Opportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity That's it knocking are you going to answer?

If the Mint continues on into 2018, the mintage may be closer to 50,000. Then there's the W proof, W uncirculated and fractionals to consider. The Mint loves a winner and never ceases to exploit.

• Options

Bruce Post Ohhhhhhhhh Sorry!!!!! :p

• Options
    edited October 23, 2017 7:39PM

Oooops

• Options
    edited October 23, 2017 5:53PM

Kind of crazy you cant get a raw one but they have a lot of graded ones. I think the mint should look in to the price gouging before they do this again. By just releasing them to dealers 1st is like shooting fish in a barrel one thing me and you are the fish. There will be some raw one's soon after they get returned for not getting the grade, Watch this week or next week will be the time to let them go.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2017 6:03PM

@Type2 said:
    Kind of crazy you cant get a raw one but they have a lot of graded ones. There will be some raw one's soon after they get returned for not getting the grade, Watch this week or next week will be the time to let them go.

Interesting I think your right and that would be low! I might have to call a MCM sale's person and interrogate them. Of course they have their sister company that they can pawn them off on!

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of raw ones to be had. Not sure where you are getting your info that there isn't.

• Options

I guess it's no longer the golden rule it's the Palladium rule now. He who has the Palladium makes the rule's. :/ That eBay auction is so they can keep selling for a higher price, I'm saying why don't they have them on there site like spot + 20% over or 30% I know why and you know why but that is why the mint needs to sell to the open market when it's limited if the shoe was on the other foot you bet there would be some hell to pay. All the big dealers would be calling the mint asking why did they just sell to the collectors. That is why the mint said we will come out with them next year in PR, SP but the MS will be at the bullion distributor again. Just me DUMB Type2 blowing steam.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you remember, there was a debacle when the 5oz pucks first came out. Price gauging and other shenanigans. The mint had to step in and institute rules and profit restrictions on the Authorized Purchasers. APMEX was one of them. They still played games with slabbed examples. I continue to have a bad taste in my mouth about them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file