Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2017 Palladium Eagle (PDE) in hand and unboxing

Comments

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@MilesWaits said:
    MCM decided to quit messing around in the one NGC 70 they have left they pumped up to 1800.
    APMEX has zero.
    Any others out there that you see?

I guess I should of bought more! They have 28 left! But why buy there when you can get them at APMEX at for $1669.00 And they have 20 left!
    https://www.apmex.com/search?q=2017+1+oz+Palladium+American+Eagle

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/more/platinum-palladium/american-paladium-eagles/

Out of stock at Apmex .. Hot coin .. Apmex buy price for Palladium raw coin is $1205.00

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting if either APMEX or MCM get some more PCGS 70's in; the price will be near $2,000.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    It will be interesting if either APMEX or MCM get some more PCGS 70's in; the price will be near $2,000.

@MilesWaits said:

Any Pop. reports from NGC ,, PCGS .. for % of 70s ?

• Options
    edited October 17, 2017 3:04PM

APMEX buy pricing nearly $200 less for NGC 70 vs. PCGS.

• Options

MCM has a Mercanti signed PCGS 70 for $3995.00 > @MilesWaits said:

APMEX buy pricing nearly $200 less for NGC 70 vs. PCGS.

Wow ...APMEX buy price for a PCGS 70 is $1380.00 ... ;)

• Options

Got my APMEX Black Label today - almost PL and stunning in reverse detail.
    And the texturing on the Obverse neck and face is cool.

• Options

Money goes to money... talked to my dealer friend. He bought 2 tubes of palladium coins ..saved 1 that might be a P/.L.. sure enough ,another dealer offered to buy it for $6,000.... ungraded... He passed

• Options

I recall when MCM had the tubes at $10,000.
    Makes me wonder if there are unbroken monster boxes remaining.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@Gluggo said:

@MilesWaits said:
    MCM decided to quit messing around in the one NGC 70 they have left they pumped up to 1800.
    APMEX has zero.
    Any others out there that you see?

I guess I should of bought more! They have 28 left! But why buy there when you can get them at APMEX at for $1669.00 And they have 20 left!

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/more/platinum-palladium/american-paladium-eagles/

Out of stock at Apmex .. Hot coin .. Apmex buy price for Palladium raw coin is $1205.00

They still have ngc ones
    https://www.apmex.com/product/152023/2017-1-oz-palladium-american-eagle-ms-70-ngc-early-releases

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@MilesWaits said:

@MilesWaits said:

PCGS MS 70 population going up
    MS70 First Strikes holding steady at 715
    https://www.pcgs.com/pop/pcgsnolookup.aspx?s=652892&bc=653109

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    I recall when MCM had the tubes at $10,000.
    Makes me wonder if there are unbroken monster boxes remaining.

There were 300 boxes of 50. How many dealers got them? You would think some are rat holed away.
    My question is, can these boxes still qualify for First Strike/Early Release after the 25th?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prices on these keep climbing!!!! Will they level out, fall back down, or just keep rising?

• Options

@Onastone said:
    The prices on these keep climbing!!!! Will they level out, fall back down, or just keep rising?

15,000 mintage seems quite attractive..... spot Palladium hit $ 1,000, before reversing down to $976.. now in the $980s' ..... Spot price moving up, will light a fire under PCGS 70s..... Palladium, the commodity, in a bull market ..............may cause a buy rush by industrial users

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2017 8:02PM

@Golden1 said:

@bestday said:

@MilesWaits said:

@MilesWaits said:

What is the difference between Regular Strike =2005 vs First Strike = 987 ? TYIA

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Golden1 said:

@bestday said:

@MilesWaits said:

@MilesWaits said:

What is the difference between Regular Strike =2005 vs First Strike = 987 ? TYIA

It's a term meant to designate low die wear struck coins. But is technically meaningless unless the mint segregates the first strikes from each die pair....which they don't. So it has become an imaginary value label more a profit center for the TPG's IMHO. Some value can be seen when a coin is sold but that also is not mandatory. Lots of people pay no attention to it. It is not required to get a First Strike designation during the eligibility period. You can just get plain grading with out the $18 FS label charge. That is why you see FS and Regular grading populations.

Here is the PCGS definition:
    The PCGS First Strike program designates coins issued in the first 30 days of the Mint's release. This designation not only adds value to modern coins, but takes modern coin collecting to another level with multiple Mint releases each year.

• Options

It's a term meant to designate low die wear struck coins. But is technically meaningless unless the mint segregates the first strikes from each die pair....which they don't. So it has become an imaginary value label more a profit center for the TPG's IMHO. Some value can be seen when a coin is sold but that also is not mandatory. Lots of people pay no attention to it. It is not required to get a First Strike designation during the eligibility period. You can just get plain grading with out the $18 FS label charge. That is why you see FS and Regular grading populations.

Here is the PCGS definition:
    The PCGS First Strike program designates coins issued in the first 30 days of the Mint's release. This designation not only adds value to modern coins, but takes modern coin collecting to another level with multiple Mint releases each year.

I think some collectors start collecting first strikes of other coins, some that were released/sold through the year. They like that these first strikes were sold and graded in the first 30 days, so they want all their coins to be first strikes in their collection. They will pay more for this label for this reason.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss thanks for posting this. Those palladium ounce coins are indeed gorgeous! I love the updated Weinman Walking Liberty Eagle reverse!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

Thank you for explaining the differences. Sweetpie beautiful picture thank you,

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

I don't know about you guys, but I don't recall another coin that captures my attention as much as this one (especially the reverse hi-relief feather details).

This coin, at least to me, must have captures the essence of coin collecting and a throw back to what was it liked 100 years ago when all those classic design coins were freshly minted and distributed to the public.

In hand, an exceptional looking coin, especially with that reverse..

• Options
    edited October 18, 2017 8:01AM

By the way, MCM says they will be getting no more of these PCGS 70 Palladium Eagles in stock.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    By the way, MCM says they will be getting no more of these PCGS 70 Palladium Eagles in stock.

Do you have that in writing? :):p:p:p:p:po:)

• Options

$2375 and $2500 for PCGS FS 70 on BST.
    I love the energy behind this issue. Beauty speaks.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

reading fast, i read that as I love the energy behind this tissue. Beauty speaks. I had to read that twice...

• Options

She do kind a tear ya up, don’t she.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:

What is BST?

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Golden1 said:

What is BST?

The Buy, Sell, and Trade Forum...located here:

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/buy-sell-trade-u-s-coins

• Options

And I sold mine for a net of $1,500 after fees :'(

• Options

I want another one!!!!! :s:s:s:s:s

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

Hey, i am not against capitalism. But seems like a lot of price gouging going on now, especially from the APs. I mean if you want a quick flip and try to double your money on eBay, great, good luck. But I think it hurts the average collector just trying to get one for his own collection here on the BST.

you pick it up at $X and try to make a grand. That's just, idk, greedy? imo. But what can you do, these coins don't come around too often. And I have been on the other end of these deals. Buying a Platinum Proof that cost me money.

I picked one up, an NGC 70. And my luck the price will drop out as soon as i get it, But idk. Its a keeper. As i actually like the coin.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW picked up one more this afternoon from AMEX for 1637.10 maybe I should of bought more...

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BruceS said:

@MilesWaits said:

Hey, i am not against capitalism. But seems like a lot of price gouging going on now, especially from the APs. I mean if you want a quick flip and try to double your money on eBay, great, good luck. But I think it hurts the average collector just trying to get one for his own collection here on the BST.

you pick it up at $X and try to make a grand. That's just, idk, greedy? imo. But what can you do, these coins don't come around too often. And I have been on the other end of these deals. Buying a Platinum Proof that cost me money.

I picked one up, an NGC 70. And my luck the price will drop out as soon as i get it, But idk. Its a keeper. As i actually like the coin.

Ok. What do you disagree about? It's ok to mark up $1000 ? Or are you just following tha market? Not opposed to making a buck or two. Do.you think it's a fair price? Really?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

@Gluggo said:

Talk about a Mint Winner..... The PCGs 70s shot up on ebay .. $2,000 - $ 2100.. the BIN prices to $2,300-2,500..
    More than a double with the grade fees .. in only 11 days .. better than The 2006 Gold Anniv set ..WOW
    B)B)B)

• Options
    edited October 18, 2017 9:44PM

@Type2 said:
    WoW picked up one more this afternoon from AMEX for 1637.10 maybe I should of bought more...

I think you got the last one APMEX is totally out! I wonder if they will get more or is that it like MCM claims?

• Options

Like anything if some one will pay XXXX for it and you have one you can sell it or keep it that's up to the two of them. But with a mintage of 15K some miss the boat like me. I called on them picked up three for $100 over spot he asked if I wanted 10 more I said no, I'm kicking my self now but that's life let keep going next stop the moon.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

@BruceS said:

@BruceS said:

@MilesWaits said:

Ok. What do you disagree about? It's ok to mark up $1000 ? Or are you just following tha market? Not opposed to making a buck or two. Do.you think it's a fair price? Really?

I have no issues at all with prices rising, even doubling what they originally were. It's supply and demand. It's how things should work. I just wish I hadn't sold mine for so cheap, lol.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just back in stock with new price

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Some raw one's at Liberty coins around $1530.ea and some PCGS 69 as well there was 5 of ea at hat price. Just a heads up.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Yes Liberty they got their 70s real close to Ebays price just a few bucks under. I don't know how prices go from here I wish I had that crystal ball knowledge. I just looked at Ebay not many real auctions going on looks like about 1 a day at most. It's looking like an in demand product. I would like to see the mint pump out another 5000.

• Options

There is going to be a flood of graded coins...

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    There is going to be a flood of graded coins...

Probably but with the limited production of only 15,000 coins I don't think that would drive the cost down. Especially if they all don't grade 70. Not sure what the percentage ratio will be 69 to 70. But I think the low mintage and beauty of the coin is driving the price up. IMO of course.

• Options

I wouldn’t be surprised if more than 85% of these coins were graded.

• Options

I think 95% is more like it, The raw will be all the rejects. Just me dumb Type2 thinking.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

@Type2 said:
    I think 95% is more like it, The raw will be all the rejects. Just me dumb Type2 thinking.

Interesting I never thought of that!

• Options

I’m thinking it’s the only way they can jack up prices per their agreements with the mint.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

they had hard time holding it in the ring due to the harness of the metal.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I really think this is a beautiful coin! does everyone think this will be a winner long term? it seems so attractive and looks like they're getting hard to find.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@Gluggo said:

Talk about a Mint Winner..... The PCGs 70s shot up on ebay .. $2,000 - $ 2100.. the BIN prices to $2,300-2,500..
    More than a double with the grade fees .. in only 11 days .. better than The 2006 Gold Anniv set ..WOW
    B)B)B)

Might have to sell at those prices. Nah, gonna keep her for better or worse.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 11:47AM

@jessewvu said:
    I’m thinking it’s the only way they can jack up prices per their agreements with the mint.

Instead of making > @ChrisRx said:

@bestday said:

@Gluggo said:

B)B)B)

Might have to sell at those prices. Nah, gonna keep her for better or worse.

Beautiful coin design..... low mintage .... low sales expectations = a winner.. fast out of the gate price rise like the 2006 Gold Anniv.
    Mint surprised by the quick sales of coin? even some savvy forum members ?

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Don't get greedy, take the profits as this will come out again next year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file