Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2017 Palladium Eagle (PDE) in hand and unboxing

Comments

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my FS70 in the mail today!! Wow, these suckers are nice!

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

Mostly 70s .. a proof like is a sure winner

• Options

Palladium - it's another white meat ... oops metal :)

• Options

Palladium NGC 70PL going for $ 13,000 - 17,000 on the bay
    Little wonder of a sellout ..Lotto ticket for PL,,,,, Mine isn't :'(

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I should buy a roll and roll the dice for a PL...

Anyone have % that are all?

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Those NGCs look great. I'll call APMEX today about mine. Ugh!!

Think the ding happened from screening out looking for 70s and Pls?

• Options
    edited October 13, 2017 1:06PM

Here's mine!

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Jwitten !!!!! Is that a MS70PL written on your holder? :p:p:p:p:p

• Options

Wow, one of the APMEX black labels sold for $2,199 today, maybe i should sell one of mine.. At that price, I'd have one for almost nothing.

ebay.com/itm/2017-1-oz-Palladium-American-Eagle-25-PCGS-MS70-FIRST-STRIKE-RARE-BLACK-LABEL-/232522497828

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

And he discussed the finning issue, and "chief bullsit" has a very attractive niece "girl in bikini"
    Finally, they are rare.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2017 5:08PM

I just received one of mine today from MCM and with that a high relief the contrast between the eagle's wings is astounding in definition and detail.

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    I just received one of mine today from MCM and with that a high relief the contrast between the eagle's wings is astounding in definition and detail.

Did MCM honor that low price you posted about?

• Options

@Golden1 said:

@MilesWaits said:

Did MCM honor that low price you posted about?

I bought one just a few days ago and they gave me $50 off, so it was $1,207 shipped. They honored it, thankfully. I also got shipping notification for a raw one I bought on ebay a night or so ago for about $1,080. That guy sold 90 at that price! Boy, he left some money on the table!

• Options

Yes they did. I actually bought it a few days before that at less of a price. I just used a check so it took longer for me to receive.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is a repeat question. Are these ~34mm in diameter?

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

So these weren't sold by mint to public? But select buyers?

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options

@2ltdjorn said:

Correct. They were sold by the Mint to the normal distributors much like the silver and gold eagles.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Very nice in hand.

Congrats!!
    You did very well on eBay with your coin.

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

@2ltdjorn said:

Correct. They were sold by the Mint to the normal distributors much like the silver and gold eagles.

Check it up to the mint leaving the little guy high and dry

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options

@2ltdjorn said:

@MilesWaits said:

@2ltdjorn said:

Check it up to the mint leaving the little guy high and dry

Mint sold the Palladium coins to 10 distributors.... for 6.25 % over spot

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    Wow, one of the APMEX black labels sold for $2,199 today, maybe i should sell one of mine.. At that price, I'd have one for almost nothing.

ebay.com/itm/2017-1-oz-Palladium-American-Eagle-25-PCGS-MS70-FIRST-STRIKE-RARE-BLACK-LABEL-/232522497828

Its crazy when you think they could of bought one from AMPEX for hundreds cheaper!

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@jessewvu said:

Its crazy when you think they could of bought one from AMPEX for hundreds cheaper!

$2,995 for a signed PCGS 70 1st day of issue ? ............sell .................

Seller of black label 70 asked for moon money ..with a high start bid ....someone obliged

• Options
    edited October 13, 2017 10:17PM

@bestday said:

@Gluggo said:

@jessewvu said:

$2,995 for a signed PCGS 70 1st day of issue ? ............sell .................

Seller of black label 70 asked for moon money ..with a high start bid ....someone obliged

Yes I see the 1st day of Issue for 2995. Don't see the signature though. Maybe a different one, but still Very steep price does that mean mine is worth that much? haha maybe later who knows. Will I sell it Naaaa
    Here is that FDOI.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-PALLADIUM-AMERICAN-EAGLE-FIRST-DAY-ISSUE-PCGS-MS70-EXPEDITED-SHIPPING/322824790472?_trkparms=aid=777003&algo=DISCL.MBE&ao=1&asc=41375&meid=5f6d28afc0c14558a2ca6ba017309bed&pid=100013&rk=8&rkt=12&sd=232522497828&_trksid=p2047675.c100013.m1986

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Oh my gosh! These coins are gorgeous! When I saw that detailed wing in high relief, I knew I have to get it. Did not dissapointed me at all with coin on hand. Love the extra thickness to give this coin some meat.

Question:
    Does anyone know if a regular 2x2 plastic flips worked with this coin- (if the sleeve could expand a bit to accomodate the wider thickness)

TIA

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

Are the rolls mint sealed? If not, do you really think the AP's aren't checking every coin now for possibke PL? I'm guessing a few may have been sold raw before the announcement of NGC slabbing some as PL but the odds of buying one raw now are probably negligible. Who knows for sure though. Go for it!

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@CascadeChris said:

@jessewvu said:

Are the rolls mint sealed? If not, do you really think the AP's aren't checking every coin now for possibke PL? I'm guessing a few may have been sold raw before the announcement of NGC slabbing some as PL but the odds of buying one raw now are probably negligible. Who knows for sure though. Go for it!

First of all " I did NOT OPEN ANY SEALED MINTED ROLLS!" If anybody tells you other wise its Fake News! ;););););)

• Options
    edited October 14, 2017 11:11AM

If you are searching for PL, and you can't afford to buy a monster box, you can't afford to be in the game.

• Options

Sold mine on ebay. I really really like the coin, and am having second thoughts, but I like making a profit, too.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    If you are searching for PL, and you can't afford to buy a monster box, you can't afford to be in the game.

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• Options

@jwitten said:
    Sold mine on ebay. I really really like the coin, and am having second thoughts, but I like making a profit, too.

You should have bought a bunch more...

• Options
    edited October 14, 2017 2:46PM

I got mine today from Bullion Exchanges (PCGS MS70 First Strike). I paid $1,344. She's a beaut!
    I will sell it for $2,500, but I'll probably wished I kept it long term. Should have bought at least two.
    I'm calling this the coin of the year.
    So far there are only 715 MS70 First Strikes. The clock is running to get First Strike grading. I think it will lucky to break 1,000?

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 4:45PM

Flippers flipping to flippers flipping
    Or is that : Flippers flipping to flipping flippers ?

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 5:36PM

These still available from the Mint? Apparently I totally missed this one, when were they released, couldn't find any info. Never mind read through this thread, they were sold to distributors. I see one on Ebay with OGP, you would think these would be sold in generic packaging, not a presentation box.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2017 5:48PM

@Golden1 said:

So far there are only 715 MS70 First Strikes. The clock is running to get First Strike grading.

>
    How many days left before the First Strike ends? Do they have the date listed on PCGS and if so do you have a link? TYIA

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 6:08PM

@Gluggo said:

@Golden1 said:

So far there are only 715 MS70 First Strikes. The clock is running to get First Strike grading.

>
    How many days left before the First Strike ends? Do they have the date listed on PCGS and if so do you have a link? TYIA

September 25 to October 25
    https://pcgs.com/firststrike/

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Were these shipped out in rolls?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2017 6:19PM

Kudbegud Thank you for the linkie! Man I really like that First Strike Silver Eagle!

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 7:41PM

It has been a little while since we have seen a mint product Take off like this. What was the last one that took off like this? And has it maintained these levels? If I had a couple I would throw them on eBay now. I don't think they are going to go much higher or stay at these levels for too much longer.

But a home run for the guys who picked them up early. You just never know.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a video of Provident unboxing their mini-monster box of Palladium Eagles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB4tiflFhBM

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 7:24PM

@morgansforever said:
    These still available from the Mint? Apparently I totally missed this one, when were they released, couldn't find any info. Never mind read through this thread, they were sold to distributors. I see one on Ebay with OGP, you would think these would be sold in generic packaging, not a presentation box.

The one that you see on ebay with a box was just the seller using a US Mint box from another coin and putting the palladium coin in it. All of the palladium coins were packed in rolls like in the video above.

• Options

It's difficult not to get pumped watching the video or unpacking the first strikes when you get them.
    In answer to your question Bruce, not since the 2009 UHR, which took a long time to sell out, have we seen this kind of excitement.
    Because not only is it an absolute stunning coin but the metal has been going up and the value is evident.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 7:38PM

The 2011 25th Anniversary ASE set was pretty exciting as well. It was my first and only flip. Flipped to dealers. Percentage wise it was one of my my biggest coin scores.

These are pretty bad a$$

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

And before that the 2006 silver set, that if timing was correct, there were some happy campers.
    That was the salad year for all metals including platinum and gold.
    Nice to see you joining the discussion, Mark.

• Options
    edited October 14, 2017 7:59PM

@BruceS said:
    It has been a little while since we have seen a mint product Take off like this. What was the last one that took off like this? And has it maintained these levels? If I had a couple I would throw them on eBay now. I don't think they are going to go much higher or stay at these levels for too much longer.

But a home run for the guys who picked them up early. You just never know.

It will be hard to part with this coin. It's such a nice coin with a very low mintage. Beginning of a series too.
    I doubt you will ever see a MS70 First Strike anywhere near $1,200 - $1,300 again

• Options
    edited October 14, 2017 8:48PM

This 2017 has legs .. sell the sizzle move up ? .......$1700 for PCGS 70s on the bay.. ....A PCGS 70 sells on BST

• Options

@bestday said:
    This 2017 has legs .. sell the sizzle move up ? .......$1700 for PCGS 70s on the bay.. ....A PCGS 70 sells on BST

If it was my 70 on the bst, it actually sold on ebay, so I just listed it as sold here to let everyone know it was gone

• Options
    edited October 14, 2017 9:30PM

Bullion Exchange just got there Re-Up On their PCGS MS70 FDOI but dang they want $1842.60 or credit card at $1916.30 But they only got 2!!!!! Not much of a Re-Up!

https://bullionexchanges.com/2017-1-oz-palladium-american-eagle-pcgs-ms-70-first-day-of-issue

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Can I join the party too?

Glad my rims are immaculate! (Was a little worried when I saw some of the other postings.)

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    Bullion Exchange just got there Re-Up On their PCGS MS70 FDOI but dang they want $1842.60 or credit card at $1916.30 But they only got 2!!!!! Not much of a Re-Up!

https://bullionexchanges.com/2017-1-oz-palladium-american-eagle-pcgs-ms-70-first-day-of-issue

Checked with 5x loupe 70s ..... Don't trust PCGS ?

• Options
    edited October 15, 2017 6:05AM

Sorry bestday I'm just a Oil Field Jethro Trash ! But I do know it gets $1,700 Ebay bucks! But thank you! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file