Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2017 Palladium Eagle (PDE) in hand and unboxing

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017 5:43PM

Less than 8 minutes wants to make me jump into last second! But I just checked ALL TAPPED OUT on my Pay Pal account! :(:(:(:(:(

• Options

Whew that was exciting what was the final?

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the whole town said that he should've use red
    But it looked good to Charlene in....

• Options
    edited October 29, 2017 6:16PM

@jessewvu said:

@Gluggo said:

my goodness... you sure like talking about those green slab auctions... Are you selling them? You should probably post over on the BST.

and it's really funny we get a play by play, up to the last few minutes, and then you ask US what the final bid was.. :D

I know actually I bought one and will post a picture when it gets here. Believe it or not there are a few who want one. It was sold by the CapitolMint they have their own web site they carry only the rare coins but want big bucks! I wished I worked for the big boys then maybe I would get ahold of a brick of the Palladium coins! I am just a welding inspector working for the evil oil companies collecting a paycheck week by week! :(:(:( Now I hear they might want to eliminate my 401K down to $2400.00 a year! Yuk!
    $2136.00 was the final I hope you like it!

• Options
    edited October 29, 2017 8:54PM

@jessewvu said:

@Gluggo said:

my goodness... you sure like talking about those green slab auctions... Are you selling them? You should probably post over on the BST.

and it's really funny we get a play by play, up to the last few minutes, and then you ask US what the final bid was.. :D

I think the question is how is it ONLY THE CAPITOL MINT are selling these. Here is another one this would be the 4th or 5th. So in 3 days and 22 hours this Green/Ugly ( some here call it ) will be auctioned off. jessewvu the real question is WHY WONT CAPITOL MINT sell these online at their web site? How do they get this only exclusive to them or so it appears?

Here is the link to Capitol Mint;
    http://thecapitolmint.com/shop-all/?sort=newest&page=1

I don't think the person selling this would be exposing them after all there numerous complaints on why the #### are these being sold exclusively to the BIG BOYS and not to the public? And we have to pay the high premiums. Yea I am the one selling them alright I wish!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-P-Palladium-Eagle-25-1oz-PCGS-MS70-FDOI-STRUCK-AT-PHILADELPHIA-LABEL/302505158525?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=48736&meid=638f564a75374b2f9991358f7c9b2845&pid=100011&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=302500310567&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

• Options

Of course the Black Label one so loved here!
    Front and Back

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Big Man, let me hold a dollar...... B).....nice haul.

• Options

I got this one bullsitter and my last one and the only NGC I decided to keep. Going all PCGS from now on
    Front and Back sorry about the back one having all the reflex.
    !

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

I am not a big label guy, but I like the first strike flag ones the best if I had to choose

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisRx said:
    I am not a big label guy, but I like the first strike flag ones the best if I had to choose

My favorite, too. Unfortunately I can't seem to give mine away :(

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

@ChrisRx said:

I lost one on eBay yesterday for $25, it went for $1780 and I forgot to raise my max bid above 1755, oh well. There will be more I'm sure.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2017 2:16PM

@BruceS said:

@Weiss said:

@ChrisRx said:

I lost one on eBay yesterday for $25, it went for $1780 and I forgot to raise my max bid above 1755, oh well. There will be more I'm sure.

Was that the MS 69 one? I remember one for bid yesterday. Cause that would be deal.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@BruceS said:

@Weiss said:

@ChrisRx said:

Was that the MS 69 one? I remember one for bid yesterday. Cause that would be deal.

no a 70. my numbers were off a little. my max was like $1769. and it went for $1794.

https://ebay.com/itm/302497755379?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

@BruceS said:

@Gluggo said:

@BruceS said:

@Weiss said:

@ChrisRx said:

no a 70. my numbers were off a little. my max was like $1769. and it went for $1794.

https://ebay.com/itm/302497755379?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

Bruce Bruce Bruce that was an excellent price well sort of. That's alot of money 1794, butmost been selling around 1900. So stay frosty you will get one. Makes me mad that we have to fight and claw for one. I can't tell you the price of the Philly on cause I would get fried on this site for paying so much.

• Options

The seller's feedback was concerning enough for others not to have bid high.

He hasn't sold anything else in over a year. I'm not saying it's not legit. But it raised enough questions that others decided to pass.

It sold for significantly less than other pieces being offered in the same time-frame.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a good deal on a NGC 70 in BST for those interested. Honestly, looks nicer than my pcgs one.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those look great Gluggo! It seems PCGS is also more favorable than NGC. But perfect specimens nonetheless!!!!!

• Options

@Weiss said:

@ChrisRx said:

Yours is priced $200 above the cheapest buy it now on ebay. Hard to give it away at that price ;)

• Options

Make. An. Offer.
    :)

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2017 6:23PM

Well look who finally decided to sell their GREEN LABEL COIN on their web site, makes you wonder did they come here to read my post? http://thecapitolmint.com/shop-all/
    2017 (P) $25 Palladium Eagle FDOI PCGS MS70 Green Struck At Philly Label Population 50
    $2,895.00

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa....almost up to three grand?

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Those look great Gluggo! It seems PCGS is also more favorable than NGC. But perfect specimens nonetheless!!!!!

PCGS grades their coins tighter then NGC, still only 633 First Strike 70's.
    Does anyone have the population report of NGC Early Release 70's?

• Options

@Golden1 said:

@Onastone said:

Here it is. You can see why PCGS grading commands more money
    https://www.ngccoin.com/census/united-states/american-eagles-and-bullion-coins/212/

Palladium Eagles - $25 (2017-Date)
    Pd$25.....MS.....2....379..5,035
    Pd$25.....MSPL.1....65...323

• Options

@Golden1 said:

@Golden1 said:

@Onastone said:

Here it is. You can see why PCGS grading commands more money
    https://www.ngccoin.com/census/united-states/american-eagles-and-bullion-coins/212/

Palladium Eagles - $25 (2017-Date)
    Pd$25.....MS.....2....379..5,035
    Pd$25.....MSPL.1....65...323

Wow what a difference I guess its profitable to crank more out for idiots like me to spend spend spend!

• Options

I just got a Bill from EBAY or I am going to get one and they want to charge me $532.00 part of their commission for 3 total sales. HOLY MOLY last time I sell one there! WOW! And I have to pay it so tomorrow I will! :s:s:s:s:s:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice un boxing, nice coin :smile:
    Thanks for sharing it here :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

I bought 3 raw on ebay and sent for grading with first strike. Honestly, I didn't think I would get any 70's (thought they would be rejects since they were raw). One had a fingerprint! Grades just popped... 2 70's and a 69!! I am thrilled. This was my first time using acetone to remove a fingerprint from a coin, by the way. Looks like it worked :)

• Options

PCGS updated population report. First 30 days is over, so I wouldn't expect too many more First Strikes.
    The 70 FT's stand at 657. That's not a lot and I think they will increase in value in the future.
    https://www.pcgs.com/pop/pcgsnolookup.aspx?s=652892&bc=653109

• Options
    edited November 1, 2017 12:21PM

That's not many Flag Labels.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2017 12:34PM

Guess the grade....

Results Thursday morning.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Guess the grade....

Pictures are too small. On my 3 coins, I noticed they really did grade the rims, or none of mine would have been 70's. I would need bigger pictures to see the coins well enough to determine 69's or 70's on these.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2017 12:28PM

APMEX has 22 PCGS MS70 FS Black Labels right now at $1956

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Guess the grade....

Pictures are too small. On my 3 coins, I noticed they really did grade the rims, or none of mine would have been 70's. I would need bigger pictures to see the coins well enough to determine 69's or 70's on these.

Enlarged them, hope that's better.

• Options

Still a little fuzzy, but lets go 69, 70, 70

• Options

Another pop report seperate from the earlier one its the ugly green one

https://www.pcgs.com/pop/pcgsnolookup.aspx?s=654581

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dpoole said:
    APMEX has 22 PCGS MS70 FS Black Labels right now at $1956

Let's see how fast these will sell out and the price the market will bear. This should be a good barometer of demand

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Palladium new high per Kitco. Flirting with over $1,000 Bid.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭

You always buy the russai 1 oz palladium > @Kudbegud said:

Palladium new high per Kitco. Flirting with over $1,000 Bid.

Bull market full speed ahead ........with close above previous high ........Gold ? still off 30% from it's highs

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

1-69
    2-70
    3-69

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Palladium, the new gold! Ask is $1008 right now.

• Options

If you want to own Pallidium then own Palllidium. There are much much better ways.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Here are my 3 that just graded. First is a 69, other 2 are 70's. All first strike!

• Options

Palladium, the new gold! Ask is $1008 right now.> @Justacommeman said:

If you want to own Pallidium then own Palllidium. There are much much better ways.

m

Better to own a palladium eagle. Rising palladium price adds demand for these coins. I believe these coins will outpace bullion.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2017 6:45PM

@Golden1 said:

m

Better to own a palladium eagle. Rising palladium price adds demand for these coins. I believe these coins will outpace bullion.

Strongly disagree but that's ok. They will never move lock step with physical

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Golden1 said:

m

Strongly disagree but that's ok

mark

Well, considering raw ones are going for about $1,400 (which is a $400 premium to palladium), you would be wrong.. for now at least.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Golden1 said:

m

Strongly disagree but that's ok

mark

Well, considering raw ones are going for about $1,400 (which is a $400 premium to palladium), you would be wrong.. for now at least.

True. It's long race

m

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Guess the grade....

Here are the grades, photos by PCGS,
    1. 68
    2. 69
    3. 69

These look better than some of the 70s I've seen.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Guess the grade....

Here are the grades, photos by PCGS,
    1. 68
    2. 69
    3. 69

These look better than some of the 70s I've seen.

Ouch! What's the cert number on the 68? I want to look up the bigger pics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file