Home U.S. Coin Forum

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    there are at least 2 people on this blog that are holding over 1,000 sets alone

Only 2?

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

@coinpalice said:

Only 2?

Wonder how he knows this?
    (997)

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, he could be one of them..

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

and an unknown number of lurkers

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Well not me, only have 4...
    (998)

Sorry, last one for now...
    1000! To my favorite USM thread, Yea Baby!

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Sorry, last one for now...
    1000! To my favorite USM thread, Yea Baby!

Congrats on 1,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The limited edition silver set went sold out today...

@jessewvu said:
    The limited edition silver set went sold out today...

That's interesting, they actually were down to 49,300 sold this week.

More than 100 available

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    More than 100 available

Yep.

But I'm only changing the title to the thread if they stay available for more than 24 hours... :wink:

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw 94 at 8:35
    And 78 a few ago

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Yup...73 now.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe sold out once it hits zero? wishful thinking

Down to nine left

they went fast i guess

Damn....went to buy the last three and they were toast before I could check out....maybe a good thing

another remind me post, unreal

edited November 10, 2017 7:27AM

No way was this going to magically become sold out after there was north of 100 available this AM....they have to wait until all the orders from today are processed, shipped, and time given for returns....probably a minimum of two + weeks ..key is the +

another 2 + weeks of 33 to 35 dollars per set on e bay.

• dmwestdmwest Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭

clearly you all are mistaken...the last set was sold last week.....it is sold out...

Don't quote me on that.

@dmwest said:
    clearly you all are mistaken...the last set was sold last week.....it is sold out...

I respect your tenacity!!!

So, if the mint were to mint 14,000 more - they clearly don't have them lying around - could we talk PCGS into issuing 2nd Strike labels? It would give Gluggo something else to sink $1000 into.

@BigA said:
    No way was this going to magically become sold out after there was north of 100 available this AM....they have to wait until all the orders from today are processed, shipped, and time given for returns....probably a minimum of two + weeks ..key is the +

I generally agree with you about timing, BUT BUT BUT look at the Limited Edition Silver set. About 400 became available last week and sold. Then net sales for last week were NEGATIVE. Yet they called it a sell out this week.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    But this should be post 2500... :lol:

Where is the sellout ?? 1,000 posts on sellout tat has not happened> @ECHOES said:

@jessewvu said:

@coinpalice said:

Only 2?

(997)

Some forum members hit it big with President coins and other Mint products .. the supposed quick sellout sucked them in with the 225th set ..look back at start of thread for the euphoric false sellout .. there at least 2 here who sunk in some large buy numbers .. does jessewuvu make 3 ?

@bestday said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

Where is the sellout ?? 1,000 posts on sellout tat has not happened> @ECHOES said:

@jessewvu said:

@coinpalice said:

Only 2?

(997)

Some forum members hit it big with President coins and other Mint products .. the supposed quick sellout sucked them in with the 225th set ..look back at start of thread for the euphoric false sellout .. there at least 2 here who sunk in some large buy numbers .. does jessewuvu make 3 ?

I'm not sure how anyone knows who is holding what. No one has fessed up to holding hundreds or thousands of sets. Not that it matters, they may well make good money on them eventually.

No one (other than dmwest) have referred to this as a sell out. We've simply been speculating on when/if the sell out occurs.

If this thread upsets you so much, you should probably stop reading it.

@bestday said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jessewvu said:

@coinpalice said:

Only 2?

(997)

It also wasn't a false sellout so much as a temporary sellout. Then bad juju happened and orders were canceled and people panicked... For the better part of a day, there were 225,000 sets sold. Ah....the memories.... :smile:

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

took me 2 months to register 2 plain coins I bought off someone. Gets very frustrating with a couple coins sitting in the "que" on my end table. Urrr rocking back and forth now Tell me about the rabbits George

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said: there are only about 2 things on the u.s mint schedule for 2018 that will appreciate enough that you will make money on after seller fees. I would like your take on what those 2 items exactly are?

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@Kkathyl said:
    @coinpalice said: there are only about 2 things on the u.s mint schedule for 2018 that will appreciate enough that you will make money on after seller fees. I would like your take on what those 2 items exactly are?

He can't really know at this point. The mint has not, for most items, indicated what the mintage limit and distribution rules will be.

edited November 10, 2017 11:16AM

FWIW, I have enough to offer some up for sale at cost plus shipping to them. Anyone not get a set and need one?

:)

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017 1:06PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    So, if the mint were to mint 14,000 more - they clearly don't have them lying around - could we talk PCGS into issuing 2nd Strike labels? It would give Gluggo something else to sink $1000 into.

:):):):):) On these I just bought them graded. See I do listen. B)B)B)B)B) Hi Kathyl

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@jmlanzaf said:

:):):):):) On these I just bought them graded. See I do listen. B)B)B)B)B) Hi Kathyl

Still no sellout .. Mint waiting to sell more 225th sets for Christmas?

@bestday said:

@Gluggo said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Impossible to say. But, if they have them, they would be sale for now, they wouldn't be waiting. Christmas shopping has already started. Best Buy and Walmart (and I'm sure others) are already offering their black Friday deals this weekend.

If they have to mint them...doesn't seem like they'd bother since they don't actually make any money on them anyway.

It won't change in one day....

@BigA said:

he should get some of those sets graded

That is the oddest seller I've seen. He seems to sell nothing but modern Mint issues and he seems to have most of his inventory in EU sets.... ????

yeah, your right, and he likes grading his coins through anacs for whatever reason

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    yeah, your right, and he likes grading his coins through anacs for whatever reason

Less expensive than PCGS or NGC.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

yeah I know, but that guy has enough to do a bulk grade through pcgs which runs about the same as a anacs grade, not to mention the anacs holders are ugly and command about 30 percent less as a pcgs graded coin would

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017 4:15PM

Plus he has 4 cases of the 2017 S US MINT LIMITED EDITION SILVER PROOF SET UNOPENED BOX OF 24. Trying to find out when they were shipped to him for First Strike Status. Who knows maybe I need more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-S-US-MINT-LIMITED-EDITION-SILVER-PROOF-SET-UNOPENED-BOX-24-/222714382328?hash=item33dacfc7f8

@Gluggo said:
    Plus he has 4 cases of the 2017 S US MINT LIMITED EDITION SILVER PROOF SET UNOPENED BOX OF 24. Trying to find out when they were shipped to him for First Strike Status. Who knows maybe I need more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-S-US-MINT-LIMITED-EDITION-SILVER-PROOF-SET-UNOPENED-BOX-24-/222714382328?hash=item33dacfc7f8

smh

@Gluggo said:

I believe they need to be in the UPS package, unopened...

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

@Gluggo said:

Not necessarily UPS, but in the original, sealed shipping box from the Mint. The enclosed packing slip must show the package was shipped before the cutoff date.

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jessewvu said:

@Gluggo said:

Not necessarily UPS, but in the original, sealed shipping box from the Mint. The enclosed packing slip must show the package was shipped before the cutoff date.

I thought we were talking about those bulk order boxes, which would have been shipped UPS. In any event, I doubt you could get FS on those black tape sealed boxes of 24.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    At some point, the market is going to scoff at First Strike labels.

When they mint 200,000 of the things and stockpile them and then ship them all in a week, First Strike means nothing. You could very well receive the first package the mint ships and have it be the LAST strike since they put the later coins on top of the original coins in the warehouse.

The only true "First Strike" coins will be when the mint segregates a certain number of coins from each new die pair and certifies them as actual "First Strikes". Artificial is how the current designation can only be described.
    Then there will be the distribution of those certified coins which will become the next mint controversy. Sold as a new profit center? Randomly inserted into the shipping stream with an actual certificate? Is there favoritism in who gets one and it isn't luck at all? What a potential mess !

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

When they mint 200,000 of the things and stockpile them and then ship them all in a week, First Strike means nothing. You could very well receive the first package the mint ships and have it be the LAST strike since they put the later coins on top of the original coins in the warehouse.

Most people don't give a hoot about the f.s. designation, but they do like the label (American Flag) that's associated with with it. F.S. may be meaningless, except when it's time to sell and has been so for "ages." I've heard the same argument about the "misleading" f/s label for years, but it still generates a premium over non f/s designations.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@OPA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Most people don't give a hoot about the f.s. designation, but they do like the label (American Flag) that's associated with with it. F.S. may be meaningless, except when it's time to sell and has been so for "ages." I've heard the same argument about the "misleading" f/s label for years, but it still generates a premium over non f/s designations.

I can sell you some flag stickers for $1 each, shipping included. You can slap the label on your cheaper slab and save a fortune.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file