Home U.S. Coin Forum

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017 9:24AM

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Overdate said:

@Manorcourtman said:
    A couple of thousand on eBay is enough supply to depress the market for years.

At the Mint's recent sales rate, a couple of thousand on eBay is enough supply to depress the market for less than a week.

+1> @segoja said:

So who is buying these wholesale at $28.

Like to see some data on this. (who is posting bids, who is posting live sells and where are they posting them)

I run on the biggest wholesale trading network and there is ABSOLUTELY NO ACTIVITY on these sets at ANY price.

Dealer to dealer at shows and by phone. Lot of people holding a lot of sets. Some looking to lighten up. I got offered some last week. Every time I talk to someone they've been offered. I also have to admit none of them took the offer.

LOl ... $$ 28 ?? buy price no way ... such number pushed by some who bought too many sets.... Doubt there will any activity on these sets for a long time ..Those holding sets, better to sell on the bay

Some B&Ms buying the set to sell on ebay,,.. A very large local coin wholesaler , passes on buying the 225th set

You should learn to read more carefully. I didn't say people were buying at $28, I said they were offering at $28. Reading is fundamental

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a joke this has turned into!! The Mint is playing the Flippers at this point!!

• So we got more sets on sale today? How many more this time?

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, here’s the bigger picture:

A hard limit of 225,000 sets.
    A cent with less than half the mintage of the 1909-S VDB.
    A nickel with less than one-tenth the mintage of the 1950-D.
    A dime with less than one-sixth the mintage of the 1996-W.
    Semi-key status for the Kennedy half and Native American dollar.

All of the above are reasons why I still think the sets are a good value at $30 each.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• @Overdate said:
    Okay, here’s the bigger picture:

A hard limit of 225,000 sets.
    A cent with less than half the mintage of the 1909-S VDB.
    A nickel with less than one-tenth the mintage of the 1950-D.
    A dime with less than one-sixth the mintage of the 1996-W.
    Semi-key status for the Kennedy half and Native American dollar.

All of the above are reasons why I still think the sets are a good value at $30 each.

That is a great point ! Thanks !

@Manorcourtman said:
    What a joke this has turned into!! The Mint is playing the Flippers at this point!!

I doubt any flippers are holding any more. The true flippers are the returns

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017 3:10PM

Set #4 arrived today, all coins / packaging in pristine condition. :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember how the mint was going on about the "brand new" satin finish coins starting in 2005 in the u.s. mint sets, issue price 16.95. now they sell for just above face value. this also pertains to all the proof sets issued in the 2000's now selling for less than half of issue price. the mint sucked thousands of people's hard earned money up in smoke

only a select few can say they are ahead lifetime with modern coins, even the big boys make big mistakes buying these coins sometime, but they made up for it buy buying thousands of congratulations sets. takes money to make money

they say they are buying these sets for their kids, your better off leaving your kids something that appreciates like older coins

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    they say they are buying these sets for their kids, your better off leaving your kids something that appreciates like older coins

Plenty of older coins are depreciating, not appreciating. Unless your kids are into coin collecting it's better to leave them something else.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

like a fund for higher education

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017 7:36PM

Oops

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark said:
    I want to thank all the posters in this thread for two reasons. First, when the thread was young, I was reminded to pick up a couple of sets for my collection. And I might have missed that without this thread. Second, as the thread has aged, it has provided me with hours of entertainment reading about the cliff-hanging issue of "Are they or are they not available?" :)

Cliff hung himself yesterday at 7:35 am. :(

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just came across this in a set I received in mail today. Any thoughts how this happened?

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Detached lamination?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

OK, somebody has to ask - How many are left today? If it's lee than 20 I'll buy them just to see them sell out of the 22nd time!

buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RINATIONALS said:
    OK, somebody has to ask - How many are left today? If it's lee than 20 I'll buy them just to see them sell out of the 22nd time!

Over 100

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@Kkathyl said:
    Just came across this in a set I received in mail today. Any thoughts how this happened?

assassination attempt

@OPA said:

@RINATIONALS said:

Over 100

What we need to know is if it's over 10,000. LOL>

ONLY 32 LEFT!!! WE'RE GOING UNAVAILABLE AGAIN TODAY!!!!

32 items left in stock

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

I just want to say that I have had more fun with this coin set than almost any coin I've ever bought ever! LOL. And it's not over!!!

We go unavailable today. Maybe available tomorrow. New sales numbers. Maybe 15,000 new ones. Eventual sell out. Then all kinds of fun retailing my hoard.

I LOVE THIS COIN SET!!!

31...and the count down begins again. LMFAO!!!

• dmwestdmwest Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    I LOVE THIS COIN SET!!!

At least the new number available wasn't above 10,000 this time......

Don't quote me on that.

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I LOVE THIS COIN SET!!!

At least the new number available wasn't above 10,000 this time......

I agree...although if it were, we'd finally know whether (or not) there were going to be 15,000 more.

Then again, it's much more fun to ping pong between available and unavailable! LOL

• 17 in stock now. So tomorrow we may have more available.

edited October 30, 2017 9:53AM

Don't forget to use the Code ANNIVERSARY for Free shipping

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

ONLY 6 LEFT!!!

2 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

• Just sold out again few seconds ago. Now UNAVAILABLE status.

• how many more hours until AVAILABLE status again?

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

I bought the last one to ever be sold by the Mint. :) I'm 99.9999999999% sure. :wink:

Don't quote me on that.

AND WE ARE UNAVAILABLE....again :smile:

• @dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

I bought the last one to ever be sold by the Mint. :) I'm 99.9999999999% sure. :wink:

I doubt it

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I'm 99.999% sure that some will pop up tomorrow.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean it's eligible for the very desirable "LAST SOLD" PCGS label? ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

@Trubach said:
    how many more hours until AVAILABLE status again?

7:30 a.m. tomorrow! That's when returns/cancellations get made available again.

@PerryHall said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

The last struck and last bought labels are pure gold..... :)

Don't quote me on that.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Trubach said:

how could this set possibly have any returns or cancellations? they've all been used up....

Don't quote me on that.

• TrubachTrubach Posts: 66
    edited October 30, 2017 10:14AM

@PerryHall said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

No, its only available for "LAST SOLD ON OCT 30TH 2017" NGC LABEL for now, cause tomorrow it will be available for "FIRST SOLD ON OCT 31st 2017 " LABELS again

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Trubach said:

how could this set possibly have any returns or cancellations? they've all been used up....

LOL. Not the 10,000+ sales over the last two weeks.

@Trubach said:

@PerryHall said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

No, its only available for "LAST SOLD ON NOV 30TH 2017" NGC LABEL for now, cause tomorrow it will be available for "FIRST SOLD ON NOV 31st 2017 " LABELS again

That would be rare...November only has 30 days! :wink:

@BackroadJunkie - time to update the title again......for the last time!!! :)

Don't quote me on that.

• @jmlanzaf said:

@Trubach said:

@PerryHall said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    1 LEFT!!!!!!!!!

No, its only available for "LAST SOLD ON NOV 30TH 2017" NGC LABEL for now, cause tomorrow it will be available for "FIRST SOLD ON NOV 31st 2017 " LABELS again

That would be rare...November only has 30 days! :wink:

Opps. I am way ahead, I meant October. Sorry

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going to burn my boxes and bury the coins. This has been an emotional rollercoaster and I feel as if I’ve just been in a simulator....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file