Home Precious Metals

Is anyone accumulating any of the Queens Beasts bullion?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't think I'd like them when they were first announced, but the more I look at them the more I'm tempted.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jmski, I've never been too big on "series" type bullion, but I'm with you....those are really nice looking rounds. I'm thinking of picking some up as well.

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Just one of each. Three released so far. Nice coins.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• SangoSango Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on picking up several of the 1/4 ounce golds (.9999 and fractionals for not huge prems is a win to me, much less the amazing detail and designs)

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

You should check out Youtube. Theres a guy who bought the Proof Version of the Gold and Proof version of the Silver Queens Beast. They Look AMAZING!!!
    \

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • I have been. I love this series so far - all 3 designs have been great. I hope the rest of the series continues to have good designs.

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Not to mention that there is already a 5 oz , 10 oz and a Kilo Proof Queens Beast Lion coming out as well. Here is the Link to the Royal Mint. royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add me to the list of collecting them. So far I've got all 3 unc. along with the pricey proof 1 oz & 5 oz.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several Dragon of Wales since that is my heritage.

• SangoSango Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

@CCC2010 said:
    Not to mention that there is already a 5 oz , 10 oz and a Kilo Proof Queens Beast Lion coming out as well. Here is the Link to the Royal Mint. royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts

Oooooh lah lah!!!

I'll have to check out the YouTube videos, great call!!! Happy stacking all

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are very nice coins... great design..... also a significant premium. Cheers, RickO

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

griffin looks good

I did a catch and release on the first one.

can't seem to catch a good deal and good time on the others.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • UnclePennyBagsUnclePennyBags Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2017 6:26AM

I usually just stack silver eagles and bars but just saw this set and had to start it... I really like short runs and love silver so i figured I would venture into the dark side with these.... 2016 Lion is on its way and the other 2017's are on my watch list now

Successful trades.... MichaelDixon,

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2017 10:21AM

The gold proof Lion has a limited mintage of 1000.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dpoole said:
    The gold proof Lion has a limited mintage of 1000.

That reminds me of the time I went to an all you can eat breakfast for $3.99 place. It turns out $2 worth was all I could stand.

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

This set in gold and silver is really nice....the proof unicorn, the 4th in the series should be out soon. For me i plan on getting the quarter oz bu gold of the series.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Added the 10 oz unc. Silver Lion to my "accumulation.

photo 10 oz Queens Beasts rev_zpspktv8wj0.jpg

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the lion and dragon. I was tempted to add the platinum version!
    I did purchase a few rolls of the testosterone-type dragon.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • FellintoOblivionFellintoOblivion Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2017 2:10PM

I've been really impressed with the stuff The Royal Mint is putting out. The new landmark series looks nice as well, the artistry on the Big Ben coin is off the charts.

Makes me wish the US Mint would put out some artistic pieces in the 1-2 oz. size that didn't have huge premiums.

I'm definitely thinking about getting the Beasts set and having a nice frame made for them once the set is complete.

@OPA said:
    Added the 10 oz unc. Silver Lion to my "accumulation.

photo 10 oz Queens Beasts rev_zpspktv8wj0.jpg

APMEX has a special so I too added the Big Lion to the stack o' Beasts...

• zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

@FellintoOblivion said:
    I've been really impressed with the stuff The Royal Mint is putting out. The new landmark series looks nice as well, the artistry on the Big Ben coin is off the charts.

Makes me wish the US Mint would put out some artistic pieces in the 1-2 oz. size that didn't have huge premiums.

I'm definitely thinking about getting the Beasts set and having a nice frame made for them once the set is complete.

I picked up a few of these too! Do you know when the next in this series is due out? I only know what APMEX posted (with no dates...).

Zach

@zrlevin said:

@FellintoOblivion said:

I picked up a few of these too! Do you know when the next in this series is due out? I only know what APMEX posted (with no dates...).

Check here
    http://bullionexchanges.com/blog/2017/01/10/2016-2020-silver-gold-queens-beasts-release-updates/

First one came in the mail today.. griffin is on its way.

• FellintoOblivionFellintoOblivion Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

@UnclePennyBags said:

Is there a stippling on the field of the obverse?

@FellintoOblivion said:

@UnclePennyBags said:

Is there a stippling on the field of the obverse?

yes... it was difficult for my little iphone to photograph well

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a catch and release on all 3. They are nice looking coins. My least favorite was the Griffin. It seems a bit coloring book.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • silversirensilversiren Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

I was excited about this series when it first came out, but their silver is super spot prone (BU and Proof), the gold ones have too many QC issues, they have too many variants of each design out, and they release new designs too frequently. We were out after our first roll of 2oz BU lions started hazing/spotting up like crazy making RCM not look so bad :D

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silversiren said:
    I was excited about this series when it first came out, but their silver is super spot prone (BU and Proof), the gold ones have too many QC issues, they have too many variants of each design out, and they release new designs too frequently. We were out after our first roll of 2oz BU lions started hazing/spotting up like crazy making RCM not look so bad :D

They are channeling the canadians with the number of random designs they are putting out. At some point people gave up on collecting canadian stuff because it was too hard to follow

UPB...looks like you may have some milk spots on the obverse also.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, I have one of each so far, silver 2 oz and gold 1 oz currency versions, plus the unc. 10 oz. and all are absolutely spot free, very proofy in appearance and visually quite pleasant. Very, very low premiums if purchased judiciously as well.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    edited June 22, 2017 12:37PM

Here's the gold proof Lion version. Stunning coin, if you ask me. APMEX just announced the same for the Scottish Unicorn. Just ordered one of those.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

dpoole, you might have just convinced me to order a Proof Gold Lion.

I knew it would happen.

I pulled the trigger on one of the 10oz Lions. Looking forward to getting that coffee coaster!

edited September 20, 2017 2:21PM

JM Bullion is taking pre-orders for the new release. The Unicorn of Scotland.

@Downtown1974 said:
    JM Bullion is taking pre-orders for the new release. The Unicorn of Scotland.

Placed my order with APMEX yesterday. About the same price as JM

@Downtown1974 said:
    I wish they would release more 10oz. rounds besides the Lion.

They will. Supposed to be available for all 10 at some point.

edited September 21, 2017 8:04AM

The unc 10 oz. Lion is a very nice piece. I really do like it.

Instead of the proof gold lion, I sprung for the proof gold unicorn. I hadn't intended to collect the gold proofs, and I'm still pondering why I should or not. They've got a pretty high premium.

I also bought (1) each of the 1/4 oz gold uncs. They aren't bad for the money, but I think that Apmex pre-screened most of the nicer ones for their own purposes. Mine are all probably MS-68s.

Lastly, I mentioned it in the other thread but I snagged an unc platinum 1 oz lion as well. Again, for the money - it's a pretty nice coin. I will most likely be collecting the plat series along with the 10 oz. silver.

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be watching for the Black Bull of Clarence..... That sounds interesting - especially for a Taurus... ;) Cheers, RickO

It's hard to pass up the 1 oz proofs, if only for aesthetics. This is a gorgeous series.

The problem with buying high premium gold for its aesthetics is that one fine day, you will want to find a greater fool to sell to. ;)

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    The problem with buying high premium gold for its aesthetics is that one fine day, you will want to find a greater fool to sell to. ;)

We'll, that defines the seductive allure of this hobby.

Sure, you'd rather not be the greater fool. But if the intrinsic beauty/history/interest of these little pieces of metal didn't exist, then none of them would be worth more than melt.

In any event, I can't predict the passion of that greater fool down the road than I can predict the future price of PMs.

Note that I enthusiastically throw myself into that category of fools. Sometimes a greater fool, and sometimes only a lesser one. :)

I knew it would happen.

Noted. :)

Being a greater fool is more fun when done with your buddies.

@Downtown1974 said:
    Fools love company. I'm a fool for these Queens Beasts.

Agree. Great designs and the proofs have very limited production quotas. Under normal circumstances, I would never think of paying $90 to $100 per oz for silver, nor the premiums charged for the gold proof versions.

If anyone is interested, Apmex's price on the 1 oz. gold proof unicorn (475 mintage) has risen to $3,500 but JM Bullion still has them for $2,429.99. A bit of pricing disparity there.

I knew it would happen.
  • I love this series. I've seen a release schedule for the bullion versions, but has anyone seen a release schedule for the proofs, 10 oz, platinum? I find it odd that these aren't released in the same year as the bullion. I hope that they complete the sets in 10 oz, ect.

Yes I too am excited about the new unicorn which I hope to get in a roll of silvers here soon when silver drops, again?!

edited October 4, 2017 12:06PM

The Unicorn 2 oz bullion version is now available at APMEX , Provident Metals & JMbullion. Similar prices, with Provident having the lowest price.

shipped yesterday