Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot dang my Apollos finally arrived at my post office this morning.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow -- just noticed the bi-metallic test strike there Chief! Nice score! My box of goodies is MIA since leaving Seattle north bound -- 2 days ago. Don't they know it's a 3.5 hour flight from SEA to ANC?? Got word it was sent Registered so that accounts for the 8 days and counting for delivery. Tic - toc ...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:
    Wow -- just noticed the bi-metallic test strike there Chief! Nice score! My box of goodies is MIA since leaving Seattle north bound -- 2 days ago. Don't they know it's a 3.5 hour flight from SEA to ANC?? Got word it was sent Registered so that accounts for the 8 days and counting for delivery. Tic - toc ...

Thanks y'all.

I got my 2nd registered package last night so yours should be there any day.
    I'll keep 'em a day and off to ANACS they go... :#

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter Congrats on that tri-fecta of 70s! The bi-metal is just stunning!

I received my Octagon today. It actually came last week, but my mail was being held while I was away. Very happy with it. Another homerun from Dan.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

There are these DIY slabs. The part that holds the coin can be cut to fit your coin. I've done it.
    https://ebay.com/itm/Pack-of-5-QUICKSLAB-Rectangular-Coin-Capsules-inner-diameter-28-mm/272441554673
    The 28 mm would give you the greatest flexibility to cut to size.
    Overall size: 3 3/8 x 2 3/8 x 3/8" (85 x 60 x 10 mm) so a 50 mm should fit. The thickness of the big 100 gram is 6 mm so that is with in the specs.

CORRECTION

I got out on of the QUICKSLAB to see if the 50 mm 2019 $100 Union 100 gm Winged Liberty would fit.

It Will Not

It's just too wide. I apologize for not checking thoroughly before posting.

@Twobitcollector said:
    Hot dang my Apollos finally arrived at my post office this morning.

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭

Daniel, Any news on the availability of 1985 1oz $1 Walking Liberty Fantasy at $85 issue ? Are you marketing them ? I cannot find a link.

Thanks ! Lindy

• Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Yes, I asked him and he said these were done on contract (??) and likely would be available soon. I know I am a buyer...Not crazy about the KCOCT and Merlin coins, but like the overstrikes...

I too got my 100D. St. Gaudens; overall I like it but think that it must be a challenge to do the forearms. The rest of the obverse Ms. Liberty head and torso great, but the only suggestions would be for Lib to be holding an olive branch possibly. Dan, don't get upset but Lib's arms look a bit phocomelic (sort of like thalidomide induced).

Made me look at mine again!
    Possibly the angle SHE is holding the torch and flag, elbows back?

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Shouldn't that astronaut have breasts to fit in with today's PC climate?

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Yes, I asked him and he said these were done on contract (??) and likely would be available soon. I know I am a buyer...Not crazy about the KCOCT and Merlin coins, but like the overstrikes...

I too got my 100D. St. Gaudens; overall I like it but think that it must be a challenge to do the forearms. The rest of the obverse Ms. Liberty head and torso great, but the only suggestions would be for Lib to be holding an olive branch possibly. Dan, don't get upset but Lib's arms look a bit phocomelic (sort of like thalidomide induced).

I guess I just don't see it. The arms look fine to me.

• burlguyburlguy Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

@7Jaguars said:

I guess I just don't see it. The arms look fine to me.

I like that fact that she looks strong and empowered, along with patriotic. Just the way I like her....

• planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2019 4:50PM

@HalfStrike said:

I believe Dan has that covered with the $100 Union issue. I mean, we were promised high relief, but dang.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HalfStrike said:

I mean technically, men have boobs too... :D

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would have been great to do a commemorative for the first all women space walk.

Of course, if it was Thomas Elder, he might do something satirical about not having enough spacesuits.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy It Now for only $9,999: 2009 ANACS PR69 DANIEL CARR Proof Overstrike AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE ~Pop 1 Only~

Pop 1? Must be the special label, because I can't believe it's the only PR69 DCAM of the 634 minted.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

@COCollector said:
    Buy It Now for only $9,999: 2009 ANACS PR69 DANIEL CARR Proof Overstrike AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE ~Pop 1 Only~

Pop 1? Must be the special label, because I can't believe it's the only PR69 DCAM of the 634 minted.

I have one of them.... I guess I should send it in to be graded and request the American flag label.

I am sure mine will go PR70 DCAM, I only want $50,000 for mine....LOL

• Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Will have to look at my Union with loupe tomorrow, thanks for pointing that out!

edited April 25, 2019 9:24PM

Yep, mine have them also. Wayne, you said something about Sunshine Bar ghosting, any more info on that?

edited April 26, 2019 4:40PM

Yep, thanks for the info. I don't know how I missed that. I set up an appt. with the eye doctor next week....jeeeezzzzz

• planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I saw those patterns on my union, in about the same places, and was sorta wondering what they were. Thanks for the pic and the fine print.

edited April 28, 2019 11:06AM

For anyone that missed out of the 3 ounce $100 union.... The $40 premium would barely cover ebay fees. I may buy it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2019-Saint-Gaudens-Winged-Liberty-3-oz-Silver-Extra-High-Relief/333174327458?hash=item4d92bcc8a2:g:ZTsAAOSwo-5cxXvG&frcectupt=true

Never mind... that didnt last long.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan
    Any estimate (give or take a month) when KOTCT 2019 designs could be released?

• Farmer1961Farmer1961 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

I have bought several items from Dan and have always been happy with his work. I know he told me he might be doing a $10 Indian overstrike perhaps 1934 or another date which I would love to have as the last purchase from him was an 1881 "Stella". Other coins aka Tokens I would like Dan to consider are: 1792 Chain Cent, 1792 Half Cent, 1791 or 1793 Half Disme, 1793 Flowing hair half dollar, 1793 Flowing hair dollar, 1804 Draped bust half dollar anyone have any other ideas???

@Farmer1961 said:
    I have bought several items from Dan and have always been happy with his work. I know he told me he might be doing a $10 Indian overstrike perhaps 1934 or another date which I would love to have as the last purchase from him was an 1881 "Stella". Other coins aka Tokens I would like Dan to consider are: 1792 Chain Cent, 1792 Half Cent, 1791 or 1793 Half Disme, 1793 Flowing hair half dollar, 1793 Flowing hair dollar, 1804 Draped bust half dollar anyone have any other ideas???

Your first post here is a D Carr coin? Well you certainly have good taste!! WELCOME to the CU Forums! Try not to inundated with Mr. Dan with too many requests -- he is a busy man! But your ideas are appreciated with merit. So many choices when anything is possible?? :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2019 9:55PM

@Akbeez said:

@Farmer1961 said:

Your first post here is a D Carr coin? Well you certainly have good taste!! WELCOME to the CU Forums! Try not to inundated with Mr. Dan with too many requests -- he is a busy man! But your ideas are appreciated with merit. So many choices when anything is possible?? :)

Trust me as a fellow designer we act like we are open to suggestions but in reality who don’t hear a word anyone is saying

o:)

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:

Trust me as a fellow designer we act like we are open to suggestions but in reality who don’t hear a word anyone is saying

m

Amen bro -- you have an amazing collection. Been watching on sidelines, have nothing to compare. What kind of designer are you? Jus' asking - respectfully -- AK

• csdotcsdot Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭

I will preface by saying I am a DCarr fan, so this is in no way a criticism. I don’t want him to get in trouble, and believe him to be a talented artist.

This is probably addressed somewhere in the 93 pages of this thread, but how does DCarr create his own designs using the same or similar wording as the US Mint ($, dollars, United State of America), while at the same time managing to avoid the trouble that befell Bernard von NotHaus and his liberty dollars?

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burlguy said:
    For anyone that missed out of the 3 ounce $100 union.... The $40 premium would barely cover ebay fees. I may buy it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Carr-2019-Saint-Gaudens-Winged-Liberty-3-oz-Silver-Extra-High-Relief/333174327458?hash=item4d92bcc8a2:g:ZTsAAOSwo-5cxXvG&frcectupt=true

Never mind... that didnt last long.

Nope, it's out for Dely today. :)

• Res1Res1 Posts: 20

@csdot said:
    I will preface by saying I am a DCarr fan, so this is in no way a criticism. I don’t want him to get in trouble, and believe him to be a talented artist.

This is probably addressed somewhere in the 93 pages of this thread, but how does DCarr create his own designs using the same or similar wording as the US Mint ($, dollars, United State of America), while at the same time managing to avoid the trouble that befell Bernard von NotHaus and his liberty dollars?

I think the intent of the liberty dollars was to be used as legal US tender and used in actual circulation. Dan's tokens are marketed as explicitly not to be used as currency.

• csdotcsdot Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2019 11:38AM

@Res1 said:

@csdot said:

I think the intent of the liberty dollars was to be used as legal US tender and used in actual circulation. Dan's tokens are marketed as explicitly not to be used as currency.

Thanks. Still risky. Not sure I would be brave enough to trust the 50+ US Attorneys stationed across the country (assuming he sells in all 50 states) to not gin up a political witch hunt style lawsuit against him with the hope of making a name for themselves.

They'd just say "Intent is a question for the Jury."

• @csdot said:

@Res1 said:

@csdot said:

Thanks. Still risky. Not sure I would be brave enough to trust the 50+ US Attorneys stationed across the country (assuming he sells in all 50 states) to not gin up a political witch hunt style lawsuit against him with the hope of making a name for themselves.

They'd just say "Intent is a question for the Jury."

A prosecutor has to be able to prove intent. I would say that would be almost impossible if the person in question makes an extremely limited number of tokens and specifically markets them as fantasy.

edited April 29, 2019 1:17PM

Sent some more to ANACS this morning, three pieces from last year and two that I got last week. Three are copper and two silver. Two are O/S pieces and one a KOTCT Medal. Two pieces...…………….and neither is brass or gold...... B)

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2019 10:37PM

@Akbeez said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Amen bro -- you have an amazing collection. Been watching on sidelines, have nothing to compare. What kind of designer are you? Jus' asking - respectfully -- AK

Women’s shoes ( Steve Madden INTL)

I just know that if I listen to too many voices my stuff gets watered down. Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth. I’m receptive to being pointed in the right direction. Anything more then that no bueno

Thank you for the lovely compliment.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent 8 astronaut coins and a token to ICG on Saturday. Anxiously awaiting my grades. :#

GrandAm :)
  • thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    I sent 8 astronaut coins and a token to ICG on Saturday. Anxiously awaiting my grades. :#

If you care about grades, that's the place to send them. Did you remember to tell them to out MS70 on all of them? LOL

thefinn
    edited April 29, 2019 6:22PM

@thefinn said:
    Did you remember to tell them to out MS70 on all of them? LOL

I do not understand this?

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@thefinn said:

That's what ICG does to get people to send the DC stuff to them - put 70s on them, as if it matters.

thefinn

@thefinn said:

@GRANDAM said:

@thefinn said:

That's what ICG does to get people to send the DC stuff to them - put 70s on them, as if it matters.

Have you ever sent anything to ICG? IMHO their grades are spot on.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn said:

@GRANDAM said:

@thefinn said:

They are just as good if not better than ANACS. Plus, the holders aren't hideous.

The fact that ICG has and will fairly grade ALL coins or tokens on a MS70 system, as opposed to other TPGs who by "policy" would not, makes them an attractive alternative for these pieces...

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

...PCGS is missing out, but what do I know.

edited April 30, 2019 2:25AM

@renman95 said:
    ...PCGS is missing out, but what do I know.

I can understand them on the over struck, but the rest of tokens I don't understand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file