Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2019 12:10PM

Very impressive picture taking Chief!!!!! We’re these Professionally done? :o
    Come on share your secrets. o:)

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Very impressive picture taking Chief!!!!! We’re these Professionally done? :o
    Come on share your secrets. o:)

Thanks Gluggo, no secrets just PhotoScape. I hope to be as good as you one day... B)

I retire July 1 and I'm going to the garage and try to find my copy stand and tripod.
    Then practice, practice and more practice... :#

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

WooHoo Chief! Congrats on the pending retirement. I'm 7 months in and enjoying my everyday weekend!

Doesn't look like you need to practice much with photography -- looking good :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2019 2:01PM

1919 Broken Sword Final Production #s:

263 High-Grade
    99 Bag-Handled
    49 Circulated

• Options

Whoa -- doesn't that make them the lowest mintage in the Sword series?

I see also the PL Unions now maybe show a "final" mintage of 101 (but not sold out). Must be the last batch is about ready to ship! :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

I see also the PL Unions now maybe show a "final" mintage of 101 (but not sold out). Must be the last batch is about ready to ship! :)

That is correct - I am currently packaging all pending orders for shipment.

• Options

VERY nice Chief, but there is something about that chocolate Braided Hair...wowza!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt, the color on that toned 2018 KOTCT medal is outstanding!
    Chief, loving that chocolate! Great grades!

I’ve picked up a few random Ameros for good prices on eBay recently.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up one to go with my satin strike!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2019 10:08AM

Got the email notice that my $100 Proof Like Union and 1919 Broken Sword has shipped !!

• Options
    burlguyburlguy Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Got my notice the the $100 Union Proof has shipped....... YES!

• Options

Ba - BAM !! :#

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

My Union has shipped as well.

“Mr Postman look and see if there’s a letter in your bag for me...”

• Options

There was a satin union briefly available yesterday. I hope someone here picked it up!

• Options
    burlguyburlguy Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

There are currently some proofs still available..... I think it was 8 when I checked last. There is a satin Union on ebay for $299.

Still want a gold $100 union..... I am heavily saving in case the price for a 5 ouncer in gold is within my budget. It will be a tough one for me to purchase, business has been slow.

• Options

A 5 oz gold Union will be out of my reach, but would be an amazing piece.

Looks like the 2019 Octagon Owl has gone dark.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

If a $100 Gold Union gets produced, I'd guess it would be something like a FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS symbolic value Gold UNION.

@burlguy said:
    There are currently some proofs still available..... I think it was 8 when I checked last. There is a satin Union on ebay for $299.

Still want a gold $100 union..... I am heavily saving in case the price for a 5 ouncer in gold is within my budget. It will be a tough one for me to purchase, business has been slow.

• Options

@burlguy said:

Out of stock now.

• Options

Received today....

• Options

@heavymetal said:
    Received today....

Awesome! Mine’s in the mail. Can’t wait to receive it.

• Options

Wow.....that must be nice in hand! Beautiful design and it has real substance to it. Love the 3 oz. issues!

• Options

@Zoins said:

@heavymetal said:
    Received today....

Awesome! Mine’s in the mail. Can’t wait to receive it.

Ditto

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019 6:35AM

I was very fortunate to acquire a KotCT 2018 (St. George & Dragon), color-toned copper Dan put aside. I seen it at the Denver Expo last month, but regretting not buying it then...I got lucky he still had it. I am working on a decent image. Just a teaser until then.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

My $100 Proof Like Union and 1919 Broken Sword came in the mail yesterday.

• Options

@oih82w8 said:
    I was very fortunate to acquire a KotCT 2018 (St. George & Dragon), color-toned copper Dan put aside. I seen it at the Denver Expo last month, but regretting not buying it then...I got lucky he still had it. I am working on a decent image. Just a teaser until then.

The 2 ounce?

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:

@oih82w8 said:

The 2 ounce?

I don't believe that he made a 2 ounce color-toned copper. Although I have the bigger majority including the the 2 ounce cob. I'll post images of those soon!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

I've seen a number of the color toned KOTCT 1oz copper medals and have noted that they generally seem fall into two categories as shown, one is more brownish and the other is more magentaish. I have one that's more on the brown side like @Downtown1974 and I've thought about picking up the other kind like shown by @oih82w8.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    Just wanted to say that I love my PL $100 Union. The heft, relief and mirrors are all great. Dan's outdone himself with this piece!

I concur. Very appealing piece and perhaps my favorite of all his work. "One big hunk of cool."

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

Mr. Carr, do you personally hand address your product shipments or does someone else do that for you ? I ask because I would keep the packaging (as your autograph ) if you actually are the one writing it. I am very happy with my $100 Union PL and everyone I show it to is very impressed with your work.

• Options

@heavymetal said:
    Mr. Carr, do you personally hand address your product shipments or does someone else do that for you ? I ask because I would keep the packaging (as your autograph ) if you actually are the one writing it. I am very happy with my $100 Union PL and everyone I show it to is very impressed with your work.

My shipping helper (wife) does the writing on the packages (as well as the rest of the shipping duties, most of the time).
    I do everything else.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@heavymetal said:

My shipping helper (wife) does the writing on the packages (as well as the rest of the shipping duties, most of the time).
    I do everything else.

Who takes out the trash?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@dcarr said:

@heavymetal said:

I do everything else.

Who takes out the trash?

m

:D
    She does at the house. I do at the mint.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2019 1:55PM

@dcarr said:

@Justacommeman said:

@dcarr said:

@heavymetal said:

I do everything else.

Who takes out the trash?

m

She does at the house. I do at the mint.

My wife and I are both working from home today. So far so good

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

That trio is just great Akbees.

• Options

@Akbeez those are so much nicer than the regular satin finish. I’ve been looking for the antiqued but they don’t come up often. I have the satin set with one being an ANACS 70 and the other 2 being raw.

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    @Akbeez those are so much nicer than the regular satin finish. I’ve been looking for the antiqued but they don’t come up often. I have the satin set with one being an ANACS 70 and the other 2 being raw.

Thanks - there's 3 halves currently on ebay but a bit pricey. One's antiqued. Was lucky to find all three at reasonable prices around the same time. Fun part is there are many very nice low mintage Carr pieces that come up if you know what to look for. Good luck! :)

• Options
    edited June 18, 2019 10:47PM

Just saw this offered. Nice to know Dan's pieces are getting around and now even come holed!

I wonder what it was used for. The only description is:

TONED AND HOLED
    SCARCE MINTAGE OF 2,000

• Options

OUCH !!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file