Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TopcatCoin said:

These are awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. I especially like the 1936 Peace and Oregon Trail. Someday, whenever I get permission from our host, I'll post some pics as well. TC

I'll be glad when you can post, you have some super nice DC pieces.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2022 3:41PM

@TopcatCoin said:
    ...Someday, whenever I get permission from our host, I'll post some pics as well. TC

Try posting a photo on the Testing Forum: https://forums.collectors.com/post/discussion/testing-forum

It's easy... place your cursor in the "type your message" box, and click the photo icon...

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@TopcatCoin said:
    ...Someday, whenever I get permission from our host, I'll post some pics as well. TC

Try posting a photo on the Testing Forum: https://forums.collectors.com/post/discussion/testing-forum

It's easy... place your cursor in the "type your message" box, and click the photo icon...

So since you gracious offered I’ll ask. It asks for an Image URL. Do I need to put pics in Photobucket and then upload?

edited May 13, 2022 6:08PM

@TopcatCoin said:

@COCollector said:

@TopcatCoin said:

So since you gracious offered I’ll ask. It asks for an Image URL. Do I need to put pics in Photobucket and then upload?

Instead of using Photobucket, click "Choose Files". Then you can upload pics directly from your computer.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TopcatCoin said:

@COCollector said:

@TopcatCoin said:

@TopcatCoin you need the help of a @PCGS_Moderator since it's been several weeks and you are still an "Applicant".

Unfortunately I do not get that choose file option, so yes I do need the help of a @PCGS_Moderator.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2022 7:25PM

@TopcatCoin said:

@SPalladino said:

I'm not sure if Dan has updated the final mintages (I suspect that he has), but the the two 2022 Octagon silver offerings are now the lowest (39) and third lowest (75) minted silver Octagons in the Clark Gruber series.

I have a feeling that more will be produced. It still says “Mintage so far” in the catalog.

It is not likely that there will be any more produced given that he moved them to 'out of stock' status. However, it is possible that he did not update the mintages when he took them down from sale availability. OTOH, he often updates the mintages in the catalogue as he shuts down sales.

Looks like your were right. The 2022 Owls are gone!

😲

(l8-)>>

@TopcatCoin said:
    Unfortunately I do not get that choose file option, so yes I do need the help of a @PCGS_Moderator.

Are you using mobile browser (phone) or laptop/desktop? I still can't post images from my phones.

(l8-)>>

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a coin earlier not realizing I already have one (that I sent to ANACS and got graded some time ago). Money that could have been better spent elsewhere but a good one nonetheless, having a mintage in the 20s. Will simply put one of the two out at shows. It was the off-center struck 1884-CC cancelled dies on an 1884 Morgan. The one I needed was the multistruck one (6 were made).

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:

@Nickpatton said:
    Doesn’t work with Google search ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️😱😱😱😱😱

try this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32944136370.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.21036cf5XwtCuO&algo_pvid=05241aeb-c62a-4d1a-b5f8-dd3b8237668c&algo_exp_id=05241aeb-c62a-4d1a-b5f8-dd3b8237668c-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"10000000907721634"}&pdp_npi=1@dis|USD||24.69|||||@2101e9ce16513094093307898ec08d|10000000907721634|sea> @ZoidMeister said:

Planting a couple seeds . . . .

I would like to see the resurgence of a few holographic strikes . . .

Z

as for me
    I would like to see the resurgence of a few Knights of the Coin Table strikes . . .

Agree. I have a few of the bars and 2 of these Buck Rogers money. A hologram peace dollar would make me very excited

• MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2 newest goodies arrived today.. I really like the cob so much I want the A and C type as well if i can find them next month :smile: and the roller was so damn hard to get pic's of the "mirror" are just fantastic in hand...

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

@edgar said:

@TopcatCoin said:

Are you using mobile browser (phone) or laptop/desktop? I still can't post images from my phones.

I've tried my phone and a desktop but the dropdown menu still asks for an image URL with no option to choose files. @PCGS_Moderator please help.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Danny's stated mintage on the 2022 1/4 oz $500 was 30 pcs.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

@TopcatCoin said:

@edgar said:

@TopcatCoin said:

I've tried my phone and a desktop but the dropdown menu still asks for an image URL with no option to choose files. @PCGS_Moderator please help.

when you select the image icon, it should ask for image url or select image. when you choose select image it asks, from camera or file. when you select file, it should allow you to browse your file directory to select.

(l8-)>>

• dan_marinellidan_marinelli Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2022 4:34AM

@7Jaguars said:
    I believe Danny's stated mintage on the 2022 1/4 oz $500 was 30 pcs.

How long do these usually last? In 2019 I was alerted by this board I think that they were for sale and got one. This year I just happened to think about it yesterday and it was just luck they were available.

Successful transactions here and ATS with: jwitten, Rob41281, bajjerfan, cucamongacoin, Jim F., physics-fan3.14, x2rider, Wahoo554, Weather11am, Relaxn, jimineez1, Ronyahski, Bliggity, SurfinxHI, McGrump (thru BAJJERFAN), ms71, Downtown1974, ad4400

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

There may be a hint as to what is coming. Daniel mentioned in another thread that he recently purchased several rolls of Wheat Cents for over-striking. His site has also been updated by removing all the sold out items. Maybe some new adds are coming.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2022 4:48PM

When this heirloom thread gets more active my senses are heightened. I am on my toes, ready to shop. Carr is my favorite coinage art artist. We just saw Alan Parsons in row two a few miles from home. 3 minutes delay cost me row one center. but row two was epic & quite stunning. Getting the experience versus sold out or rafter seats.

• silverbulsilverbul Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

very nice, does anybody have any info on the 2018 Daniel Carr 2oz 999 Silver Cob Knights of the Coin Table Toned Medal? can't seem to find anything on dc's website.

edited May 15, 2022 9:20PM

@silverbul said:
    very nice, does anybody have any info on the 2018 Daniel Carr 2oz 999 Silver Cob Knights of the Coin Table Toned Medal? can't seem to find anything on dc's website.

Click on "Club Medals": http://www.moonlightmint.com/coin_catalog.htm

Then click "Part B" and scroll about half-way down...

i knew that, LOL. thank you.

edited May 15, 2022 10:00PM

@silverbul said:
    i knew that, LOL. thank you.

I'm guessing you were the winning bidder: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234521496705?hash=item369a920c81:g:0xQAAOSwLR5iYx9z

Anyway, when I see these 2018 Medals on ebay, I'm surprised the listings don't include the backstory...

For starters, the 2018 KOTCT Medals use Benedetto Pistrucci's centuries-old original "Broken Spear" design.

Also, 2018 was the 200th anniversary of the first St-George-and-the-Dragon British silver coin. And after an extensive search, I could find no British silver coins that used the "Broken Spear" design -- just a commemorative British gold coin in 2017.

Lots more info: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12935428/#Comment_12935428

you SIR are a wealth of information, i was going to say i hope i didn;t pay too much but i'm not because i bought it because i liked it, also a bid dc fan. look at me gush. lol

edited May 18, 2022 10:51AM

@silverbul said:
    you SIR are a wealth of information, i was going to say i hope i didn;t pay too much but i'm not because i bought it because i liked it, also a bid dc fan. look at me gush. lol

I think you got a VERY good deal.

Carr cobs are an often-overlooked collectible -- especially the lower-mintage 2oz and larger cobs, which are rarely available in the re-sale market: https://jrobinsonrarecoins.com/product/2018-daniel-carr-knights-of-the-coin-table-silver-2oz-cob-color-toned/

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindyS said:
    When this heirloom thread gets more active my senses are heightened. I am on my toes, ready to shop. Carr is my favorite coinage art artist. We just saw Alan Parsons in row two a few miles from home. 3 minutes delay cost me row one center. but row two was epic & quite stunning. Getting the experience versus sold out or rafter seats.

Alan Parsons is still playing? You must be a child of the 60s 😃 Cheers!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    Planting a couple seeds . . . .

I would like to see the resurgence of a few holographic strikes . . .

Z

!

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

@SPalladino said:
    Wow!

He made 8 of them and didn't list any for sale. Last I heard they were going to be auctioned off.

• 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    My 3 Ladies arrived yesterday. Thank you USPS (something UPS couldn't do).

I can't say enough good things about ANACS. I did not send them the info as to what year the host coins were. I sent copies of the front of the insert only. Either they contacted Daniel or they spent time looking at the coin for remnants of the dates and mint marks.

Intoxicating! Congrats!

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, making the rest of us slobs seem rather the paupers....Very nice there Sir!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

@pcgscacgold said:
    My 3 Ladies arrived yesterday. Thank you USPS (something UPS couldn't do).

I can't say enough good things about ANACS. I did not send them the info as to what year the host coins were. I sent copies of the front of the insert only. Either they contacted Daniel or they spent time looking at the coin for remnants of the dates and mint marks.

Wow, these are amazing! Congrats on all 70's but most importantly that they arrived home safely to you. TC

The 2022 Ultra High Relief Silver Winged Saint is back in stock on the Moonlight Mint page.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it!
    Dan's Astronaut on the moon obverse and soaring eagle reverse is perhaps my favorite of Dan's art.
    I imagine my affinity comes from being 13yo at the time of the first moon landing, and being given a 1971 Ike (with the moon / Apollo theme reverse) by my Grandfather when they first came out.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    The 2022 Ultra High Relief Silver Winged Saint is back in stock on the Moonlight Mint page.

Fewer than 5 left.

I need help with these two 2013 Hard Times Token “ Debt Pyramid” from someone that has more experience with them. They look the same to me, and one has Dan’s certificate..... the other one doesn’t. Dan’s certificate says what it is, but stamped diagonally in copper colored print it says “Color Toned”‼️‼️My problem is that in Dan Carrs mintages catalog it doesn’t mention about any Color Toned being minted‼️⁉️
    I’m pretty sure the person said that there were only 13 of these that Dan did, and I think I bought it from a follow member in my KOTCT club so I believe him.
    So please let me know if anyone can verify the mintage, and if the one I have without Dan’s certificate is the same ,and should I bother Dan about getting a new certificate for the one that doesn’t have a certificate ⁉️
    Thanks,
    Nick

Reverses of Debt Pyramid

Another question on this 2014 Prospector/Eagle 1/20 troy ounce silver..... the certificate says it’s.... medal turn orientation
    Satin finish. Reeded
    edge

The problem is that this piece appears to be proof like.... but it is medal turn orientation reeded edge‼️
    Were these all medal turn ⁉️⁉️
    Looks like I might have the wrong certificate.
    Thanks,
    Nick

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    Another question on this 2014 Prospector/Eagle 1/20 troy ounce silver..... the certificate says it’s.... medal turn orientation
    Satin finish. Reeded
    edge

The problem is that this piece appears to be proof like.... but it is medal turn orientation reeded edge‼️
    Were these all medal turn ⁉️⁉️
    Looks like I might have the wrong certificate.
    Thanks,
    Nick

I think all with reeded edge that year had medal-turn orientation.

Smooth edge could come either way since those were struck by Dave Emslie on his small press.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

I need help with these two 2013 Hard Times Token “ Debt Pyramid” from someone that has more experience with them. They look the same to me, and one has Dan’s certificate..... the other one doesn’t. Dan’s certificate says what it is, but stamped diagonally in copper colored print it says “Color Toned”‼️‼️My problem is that in Dan Carrs mintages catalog it doesn’t mention about any Color Toned being minted‼️⁉️
    I’m pretty sure the person said that there were only 13 of these that Dan did, and I think I bought it from a follow member in my KOTCT club so I believe him.
    So please let me know if anyone can verify the mintage, and if the one I have without Dan’s certificate is the same ,and should I bother Dan about getting a new certificate for the one that doesn’t have a certificate ⁉️
    Thanks,
    Nick

For some issues I did not fully record how many had post-strike finishes. If it was offered that way as a separate product then I would record and post the mintage of that variant. But in this case there was no separate "color-toned" product offered and so I don't know the quantity that was processed that way. The one on the right looks definitely like how I would do it. The one on the left I'm not sure from the pictures if I toned it. It is possible that someone else toned it, or possibly it was a "failed" color-toning attempt by me and, as such, would be considered a "factory second". Such things were sometimes sold locally at a discount and without a certificate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file