Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

"OUT OF STOCK" and Mintage Figures page shows it as "MINTAGE (FINAL) 250".

From the time I posted that they went out of stock, became available again and then went out of stock again last night.

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. I ordered 2 but I do not see them on My Orders. Checked PayPal and the payment cleared and all. Wonder if I wasn't logged in at the MM site when I bought them.

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

Get well Dan‼️👍Take care of yourself………. All your products are well worth waiting for‼️🎯👍‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

@D808LF said:
    No need asking this crowd which one they like better. ;)

Congrats on both! I love the post because I was out of town when both my 2021 mint Peace coins and my Broken Sword antiqued Peace from Dan came in. I made the mistake of opening the Broken Sword first. My three Peace dollars from the mint seemed like a bit of a let down after that.

Cheers

• 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

@D808LF said:
    No need asking this crowd which one they like better. ;)

Superb execution! Thanks for the comparison!

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • D808LFD808LF Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    Yes, I do plan to make "2022" Morgan and Peace late this year, assuming that the US Mint does not. I will decide at that time what varieties to produce (Arabic date, Roman Date, mint marks, etc). Any such items will be over-struck on Morgan & Peace Dollars of 1878-1935.

Some thoughts...
    A 2022 low relief .999 version that would be close to as possible to the current Mint's product to bridge the gap (much like the proof 2009 DC ASE)? If over-struck on an ASE - that would be 2 mm larger - are there 38 mm .999 blanks available?

Can we assume the 'broken sword' series is finished since a '1922' Broken Sword Peace would be similar to the original 1922 Peace?

I can see a MCMXXII HR using the 2016 casting.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:
    Some thoughts...
    A 2022 low relief .999 version that would be close to as possible to the current Mint's product to bridge the gap (much like the proof 2009 DC ASE)? If over-struck on an ASE - that would be 2 mm larger - are there 38 mm .999 blanks available?

@dcarr said:
    Any such items will be over-struck on Morgan & Peace Dollars of 1878-1935.

I'd much rather purchase the OS of an original Morgan or Peace dollar.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

@D808LF said:
    Some thoughts...

@dcarr said:
    Any such items will be over-struck on Morgan & Peace Dollars of 1878-1935.

I'd much rather purchase the OS of an original Morgan or Peace dollar.

I agree 100%. I had no interest in the 2021 US Mint items because they were not done as O/S coins. That what interests me the most.

@dcarr said:

@D808LF said:

@dcarr said:
    Yes, I do plan to make "2022" Morgan and Peace late this year, assuming that the US Mint does not. I will decide at that time what varieties to produce (Arabic date, Roman Date, mint marks, etc). Any such items will be over-struck on Morgan & Peace Dollars of 1878-1935.

Some thoughts...

Can we assume the 'broken sword' series is finished since a '1922' Broken Sword Peace would be similar to the original 1922 Peace?

I can see a MCMXXII HR using the 2016 casting.

Any "2022" Morgan/Peace that I produce will be over-struck on 1878-1935 dollars.
    I do not plan on making any more "Broken Sword" pieces. The exact designs for "2022" Morgan over-strikes will be determined later. But most likely, they will be similar to 1879-1904. The Peace will be similar to 1921 and/or 1922.

Thx for the clarification.

edited July 23, 2022 11:09PM

Well, I’m bored….. so here I go again, here’s a picture of what I call my “Drooling Eagle“ that came from Dan’s 2022 Ultra High Relief Saint-Gaudens Winged Liberty ‼️👀‼️‼️
    It was purchased early after Dan put them up for sale….. it looks a little proof like. And the one on the right looks like matte proof to me….. it was purchased a while after my “Drooling Eagle “‼️Even if ANACS graded it a MS69, it’s my
    favorite one‼️‼️I even paid to have them “variety “ it………… but all they did was grade it MS69……. I was hoping they’d tell me why my Eagle’s drooling. Oh, well……. I love it, and that’s all that really matters‼️‼️‼️👀🎯‼️‼️‼️‼️

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2022 9:38AM

@Bullsitter said:
    Got this one on Ebay the other day. It's a 2013 MMOH Token o/s on a 2013 SAC Dollar.
    Mintage of apx. 150 (all combined denominations).

Awesome pickup! This is one of my favorite Open House medal types!

It would be great to get photos of all ~150 that were struck!

Here are two of my favorites from this year though I have more.

2013 MMOH O/S 2001-D Daniel Carr Bessie Coleman Antiqued Concept Dollar

2013 MMOH O/S 2003 Illinois State Quarter - Double Denomination

edited July 23, 2022 9:24PM

@Nickpatton said:
    Sure is quiet around here………..so here’s one of my Lesher dollars, these are so kool‼️👀👍🎯‼️‼️Dan made it possible to purchase these with them “counter stamped” ( I’m thinking with anything you wanted…. and that was acceptable to Dan), and in so doing, you could make your Lesher dollar a one of a kind piece ‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️
    When I saw these I started to understand the genius of Daniel Carr‼️‼️👍👍🎯‼️👀‼️‼️

The one I’m showing is the one and only 2014 Lesher dollar that has “Pearl Harbor Never Forget” counter stamped…. along with the date of 7/12/1941.

This is the only one struck with this counter stamped on it, and what makes this piece even more unique is that the date,(7/12/1942), has doubling in that date, and appears to be “ double struck” ‼️‼️👀👍👍🎯‼️I love this piece
    I’m gonna post pics and show another counter stamped Lesher dollar that doesn’t appear to be double struck‼️
    I love these…… and they will be part of my “ family “ as long as I live‼️‼️‼️‼️⁉️
    Dan’s the Man‼️👀👍👍🎯👍👍‼️

Very nice @Nickpatton!

It's great to see these unique counterstamped pieces!

@Bullsitter said:
    Not me but somebody got a good deal yesterday.

Agree. Crazy good price. That’s a steal!

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

No doubt like many of us on the forum, I remember when those stamps were current!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

@Twobitcollector said:
    In todays mail, I do like the train stamps

First off Twobit, awesome job with the image arrangement! Kind of conveys the experience one gets when that envelope shows up and gets opened!

Secondly, there was some discussion of Dan wanting to try a different finish on the last of the 2022 silver Gaudens. The token in your image appears to be in more of a matte finish than the two earlier ones I have received and most of what I have seen posted. Have you noticed that or do you think it’s just lighting/angle?

edited July 25, 2022 8:19PM

@BucketHead said:

@Twobitcollector said:

First off Twobit, awesome job with the image arrangement! Kind of conveys the experience one gets when that envelope shows up and gets opened!

Secondly, there was some discussion of Dan wanting to try a different finish on the last of the 2022 silver Gaudens. The token in your image appears to be in more of a matte finish than the two earlier ones I have received and most of what I have seen posted. Have you noticed that or do you think it’s just lighting/angle?

My experience is it’s not the lighting ‼️The early ones are a tiny bit proof like….. some better than others‼️‼️‼️👀‼️

The later ones look like matte proof …….. and as usual, I can’t tell which ones I like better…….. both‼️‼️👍👀🎯👍‼️‼️Dan’s tha man‼️‼️👍👀🎯👍👍⁉️‼️‼️‼️👀‼️‼️‼️⁉️

P.S………. If you look above in this thread, I posted both kinds in the same lighting….. along with my “Drooling Eagle “ ‼️

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BucketHead said:

@Twobitcollector said:

It's a matte finish, I would like to see it without the stars & wings.
    Although here in the Philly area it's said "The wings the thing"

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

What would be nice is a version of Pattern 1855 Cent Judd-168 Flying Eagle Large Cent

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

My experience is it’s not the lighting ‼️The early ones are a tiny bit proof like….. some better than others‼️‼️‼️👀‼️

The later ones look like matte proof …….. and as usual, I can’t tell which ones I like better…….. both‼️‼️👍👀🎯👍‼️‼️Dan’s tha man‼️‼️👍👀🎯👍👍⁉️‼️‼️‼️👀‼️‼️‼️⁉️

P.S………. If you look above in this thread, I posted both kinds in the same lighting….. along with my “Drooling Eagle “ ‼️

Sorry Nick. I should have scrolled up. Yup. You've got a nice combo of shiny vs. frosty there! BTW, love the "Drooling Eagle"!

Lol. Had not heard that saying before but it's been quite some time since I was down there. I come for the cheesesteaks but stay for the amazing history.

Thanks for answering my question and again, great photography and layout of the images.

@BucketHead said:

Lol. Had not heard that saying before but it's been quite some time since I was down there. I come for the cheesesteaks but stay for the amazing history.

Thanks for answering my question and again, great photography and layout of the images.

Years ago on South Street there was "MAMA Rosas" chicken joint and that was the motto.

• silverbulsilverbul Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2022 8:37AM

If you have one of these, I'd love to see the photos, especially the color enameled piece.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    If you have one of these, I'd love to see the photos, especially the color enameled piece.

I did the design, sculpting, and engraving on those. But the coloring was done elsewhere (I don't know where).
    I don't have a photo of the color-enamel version. But there are photos of the silver and brass medals on this page (about half way down):
    moonlightmint.com/other.htm

Here are the pictures from the page linked above:

That brass piece is awesome..... :#

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    That brass piece is awesome..... :#

Most of them look more "brushed" than the one shown here.

////

...all I can say i> @OAKSTAR said:

UPDATE: 6 1/2 weeks turnaround with ANACS.

Wow. My last submission, a few months ago, only took 10 days.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:
    ////

...all I can say i> @OAKSTAR said:

UPDATE: 6 1/2 weeks turnaround with ANACS.

Wow. My last submission, a few months ago, only took 10 days.

Yes for whatever reason, I also had a similar experience with ANACS several months ago........less then 3 week turnaround!! 👍🏻 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2022 6:13AM

I think its something to do with Gold, I feel that ANACS tries to get the gold in and out as quickly as possible in my experiences...

It's all about what the people want...

Oh and as an Update, I did send some of the smaller diameter Tokens, many of them Daniel Carr pieces, to ICG (Independent Coin Graders) I - they were accepted earlier in the week so the timer is ticking... wish me lucks

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Carr collection is approx. 30 pieces and growing. I enjoy the design of each one. People who I show them to, appreciate the artistry. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2022 2:01PM

@Namvet69 said:
    My Carr collection is approx. 30 pieces and growing. I enjoy the design of each one. People who I show them to, appreciate the artistry. Have a good day. Peace Roy

I'm late "very late" comer to D.Carr. This is my only piece. I never had an active interest in his pieces. This will most likely be my only piece. It was unique how I acquired it. Thanks Dan!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

edited July 29, 2022 10:32PM

I've been looking for one of these 2018 WWI centennial concept dollars done for the U.S. Mint for years so I had to pick this up when it came across my radar!

@dcarr do you have any material that you received or created for this you can share to document the request from the US Mint?

New stuff available....3 pages... B)

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Wow, lots of new products just added to the MM website! Enjoy, TC

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Christmas in July. Wow, what a selection. Great work @dcarr

• jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭

I just purchased the the 1853 - Arrows and Rays Dollar - I have been waiting for @dcarr to do this for a while! Thanks Dan!

Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
    edited July 30, 2022 7:24AM

Yikes… sleep in one day and the pre struck New Orleans issues are gone.

I wasn’t one of the 19 :'(

That’s okay, I see there are still some overstrike issues available if you want to send in a genuine seated Liberty dollar…

Hmmmm , Do I have one or two of those laying around??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file