Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

@ZoidMeister said:

@D808LF said:
    Ugh! I vaguely remember someone here making their own slabs or buying slabs and customizing them. I just want to get these 2 oz rounds out of their flips, they're starting to tarnish at the top which is common with DC silver and copper.

Hey Bro,
    Throw us a website link to the place your getting these “ odd size “ slabs bro‼️
    Thanks,
    🐢Turtle 🐢

AliExpress.com

One of these two sellers. Self slabs from 9.5mm to 60mm.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn’t work with Google search ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️😱😱😱😱😱

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

Next step, getting them back from ANACS.
    (I request return via USPS)
    (edit to add: 8 day turn-around on standard non-US submission for these two coins)

Thursday, while at the Central States show, I dropped off my 1848CAL DE, 1908-O DE and the 2022 UHR St.G. I hope I get the same grade you have on yours. I also hope these make it back to me.

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have some same day or next day turnaround service at the Denver show next week that I plan to use. I need to get a couple wrong tags fixed too and having Mr. Carr there at the show should facilitate it.

@alefzero said:
    They have some same day or next day turnaround service at the Denver show next week that I plan to use. I need to get a couple wrong tags fixed too and having Mr. Carr there at the show should facilitate it.

I wish I lived near there. Only 2 dealers had DC items (that I saw) at Central States. I was definitely disappointed. I imagine there are more in his home state. I hope the ANA in August is better.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2022 11:33AM

@pcgscacgold said:

@alefzero said:

I wish I lived near there. Only 2 dealers had DC items (that I saw) at Central States. I was definitely disappointed. I imagine there are more in his home state. I hope the ANA in August is better.

From my experiences at Chicagoland shows (including the big ones-Central States and ANA), there isn't a ton of Carr items. One dealer (who I believe is local) used to have a handful but pricing was somewhat high (this was in 2019). Another had one nice toned Carr piece but wanted moon money (all his coins are like that). Your best bet tends to be what I call the "one-offs" or dealers that don't know much about Carr but happen to have a piece or two at their table. My one such score happened at an August ANA where a dealer had an Anacs graded Carr Barber Half for $100 (the rest of his inventory was US-Morgans, Walkers, Buffalo nickels, etc).

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    Thursday, while at the Central States show, I dropped off my 1848CAL DE, 1908-O DE and the 2022 UHR St.G. I hope I get the same grade you have on yours. I also hope these make it back to me.

I received mine back safe.
    Wishing you good results and safe return this time. Are you doing a drop-off and pick-up at the show, or shipping back to you?

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

@SPalladino said:

@pcgscacgold said:

I received mine back safe.
    Wishing you good results and safe return this time. Are you doing a drop-off and pick-up at the show, or shipping back to you?

Thanks. Shipping back via USPS. No more UPS for me. Glad you got yours back. It does add excitement to every order.

The next show they are at that is near me is the August ANA and that is 4 months away. That would be too long to wait for these.

I'm soo envious of the 1848CAL DE.
    Dan should think of doing a 1859 Comstock gold piece (Carson City or Virginia City), patterned off of territorial gold pieces of the time - to commemorate the "public announcement of the discovery" of the Comstock lode, and first mining of the area. Maybe even a 1859 CC Seat Liberty silver dollar. After all, the Comstock lode produced an estimated value of nearly 306 million dollars between 1859 and 1882 - about 57% of which was silver, and about 42% of which was gold. Yes, there was no CC mint until 1870, but these are "fantasy" pieces.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@alefzero said:

From my experiences at Chicagoland shows (including the big ones-Central States and ANA), there isn't a ton of Carr items. One dealer (who I believe is local) used to have a handful but pricing was somewhat high (this was in 2019). Another had one nice toned Carr piece but wanted moon money (all his coins are like that). Your best bet tends to be what I call the "one-offs" or dealers that don't know much about Carr but happen to have a piece or two at their table. My one such score happened at an August ANA where a dealer had an Anacs graded Carr Barber Half for $100 (the rest of his inventory was US-Morgans, Walkers, Buffalo nickels, etc).

Last year a local dealer near here bought (from another local dealer's 999 silver round bin) a 2006 Nikola Tesla 39mm 1-troy-oz silver (70 minted). I think he paid less than $30 for it. Although somewhat "circulated" from being mixed in with other silver, it is still worth a fair amount more than $30.

@SPalladino said:
    I'm soo envious of the 1848CAL DE.
    Dan should think of doing a 1859 Comstock gold piece (Carson City or Virginia City), patterned off of territorial gold pieces of the time - to commemorate the "public announcement of the discovery" of the Comstock lode, and first mining of the area. Maybe even a 1859 CC Seat Liberty silver dollar. After all, the Comstock lode produced an estimated value of nearly 306 million dollars between 1859 and 1882 - about 57% of which was silver, and about 42% of which was gold. Yes, there was no CC mint until 1870, but these are "fantasy" pieces.

I've also thought about some sort of 1859 "COL" gold piece, since that is when the Colorado gold rush started.
    But I don't have anything like that in progress at this time.

edited May 3, 2022 5:31PM

Pleased with grades on another recent submission to ANACS:

and, kudos on the turn-around at ANACS: opened 4/13, shipped 5/3

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

@SPalladino said:

Congrats. Great looking submissions. I have my fingers crossed I get similar results.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

Congratulations, those results are what I'm looking for any day now...(Submitted Baltimore, opened 1April

(l8-)>>

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2022 5:59PM

@SPalladino said:

Great results !!
    I have a small order that was opened on 4-21 expected to ship 5-12....... :#

***Do you have the population #s on the 1936?

@SummerDays3104 said:
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but does anyone have the new 1908-s VDB penny Dann recently released... I'm willing to trade his MCMXXI Blue toned peace dollar for one... The Peace dollar is valued at around $250, while the penny is valued at $100

Private Message sent.

edited May 5, 2022 8:13AM

@Bullsitter said:

108 final mintage, of which 3 are graded 70 at ANACS as of 5/5/2022 (none graded less than 70)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

@SPalladino said:

@Bullsitter said:

108 final mintage, of which 3 are graded 70 at ANACS as of 5/5/2022 (none graded less than 70)

Thanks, I hope it goes to 4 next week.... :#

edited May 6, 2022 1:38PM

@alefzero said:
    Picked this up yesterday here, at the Denver show.

very nice!
    MINE DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT! 😔

(l8-)>>

An olde skool pickup.

One of Dan's most attractive designs methinks.

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still haven't managed to find an 1858 LC but I did find this one an couldn't resist
    some of Dan's "old" work :smile:
    2001 d Apollo Dollar (much nicer then the Sac dollar that won and was produced)

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

@alefzero said:
    Overnight show submission of Carr stuff The AT one I took an eBay chance on. The first one (MS63) had a mintage of 5. The So-Called dollar club nickel ones (one with Wilson obv and one with Manila Mint obv) apparently had mintages of 9 each.

Not sure why Jeff Shevlin stated that there were only 7 minted on his website...”So Called Dollar “ You could ask Jeff why his site says 7 and Dan’s says 9.
    I know on his last ones Dan did for him in (2021) in silver ,Dan’s site said he minted 54, but some were all silver, some were select gold plate, and some were the select gold plate with the “ gold dust”in the center of the select gold plate........... the total of all kinds of those silver ones were 54‼️
    So I would ask Jeff why his site says there were only 7 minted when Dan’s site says 9,( maybe 2 of 9 had select gold plate on them). Anyway Jeff should be able to tell why his site says 7 Minted ‼️

Jeff Shevlin’s website is “ So-Called Dollars “ collectors website.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2022 12:05PM

Congrats on all 70s for the Clark Gruber Items,

Which design is the 2010 Pioneer Gold $20 Clark Gruber again?

It's all about what the people want...

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:

Congrats on all 70s for the Clark Gruber Items,

Which design is the 2010 Pioneer Gold $20 Clark Gruber again?

That would be the PIKE'S PEAK one.

Mr Genie, I wish my grades would post, c'monnnn right now.

@Bullsitter said:
    Mr Genie, I wish my grades would post, c'monnnn right now.

Me too. Waiting "patiently" for my 3 Double Eagles to post. Listed as "Shipping" so they told me any day now.......

Then anxiety kicks in because they enter the delivery phase.

That Genie is good, posted 30 minutes ago. Very pleased, just about as I expected. I was hoping for a 70 on the 2016 piece and got a 69. Thought I might get a 69 on the 1936 Peace but got a 70. Good grade trade... B)

@pcgscacgold said:
    Both ANACS and DC are great to work with.

I am giving up if these don't make it back to me........

Agreed, I'm puckered till UPS arrives, 3 long days!

(l8-)>>

• D808LFD808LF Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a full house, quick turnaround, 9 days, fastest ever.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

Wednesday morning eye candy.

Z

@ZoidMeister said:
    Wednesday morning eye candy.

Z

That is a stunning design and suburb minting.

It had gotten quiet around here and the Moonlight Mint site is down to 2 offerings. This one woke up the thread.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    It had gotten quiet around here and the Moonlight Mint site is down to 2 offerings...

I'm guessing last weekend's Denver Show put a dent in inventory.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Planting a couple seeds . . . .

I would like to see the resurgence of a few holographic strikes . . .

Z

• nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:

Z

I agree. If anyone has a hologram bar for sale let me know.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    Doesn’t work with Google search ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️😱😱😱😱😱

try this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32944136370.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.21036cf5XwtCuO&algo_pvid=05241aeb-c62a-4d1a-b5f8-dd3b8237668c&algo_exp_id=05241aeb-c62a-4d1a-b5f8-dd3b8237668c-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"10000000907721634"}&pdp_npi=1@dis|USD||24.69|||||@2101e9ce16513094093307898ec08d|10000000907721634|sea> @ZoidMeister said:

Z

as for me
    I would like to see the resurgence of a few Knights of the Coin Table strikes . . .

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

In the hologram camp as well.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

@pcgscacgold said:
    It had gotten quiet around here and the Moonlight Mint site is down to 2 offerings.

I'm not sure if Dan has updated the final mintages (I suspect that he has), but the the two 2022 Octagon silver offerings are now the lowest (39) and third lowest (75) minted silver Octagons in the Clark Gruber series.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    It had gotten quiet around here and the Moonlight Mint site is down to 2 offerings.

I'm not sure if Dan has updated the final mintages (I suspect that he has), but the the two 2022 Octagon silver offerings are now the lowest (39) and third lowest (75) minted silver Octagons in the Clark Gruber series.

I have a feeling that more will be produced. It still says “Mintage so far” in the catalog.

edited May 12, 2022 3:52PM

@TopcatCoin said:

@SPalladino said:

@pcgscacgold said:

I have a feeling that more will be produced. It still says “Mintage so far” in the catalog.

It is not likely that there will be any more produced given that he moved them to 'out of stock' status. However, it is possible that he did not update the mintages when he took them down from sale availability. OTOH, he often updates the mintages in the catalogue as he shuts down sales.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

@ZoidMeister said:

Z

I’ve talked to Dan about the Holograms and he said he was out of the material, and it’s very expensive to purchase........ if he even can find the hologram material ( now with supply chain troubles)‼️‼️I’d love to see new hologram projects too. Let’s take up a donation and buy the hologram material for Dan‼️‼️‼️‼️👍👍👍👍👀‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

@Bullsitter said:
    ANACS order showed up yesterday afternoon. The Halloween piece is an old purchase that was in a plastic flip. The 2016 WL/Mercanti piece, last photo, got turned in the holder. Pleased with the results and grading time, about 3 weeks.... B)

These are awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. I especially like the 1936 Peace and Oregon Trail. Someday, whenever I get permission from our host, I'll post some pics as well. TC

@SPalladino said:

It is not likely that there will be any more produced given that he moved them to 'out of stock' status. However, it is possible that he did not update the mintages when he took them down from sale availability. OTOH, he often updates the mintages in the catalogue as he shuts down sales.

Looks like your were right. The 2022 Owls are gone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file