Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2022 6:51PM

Be sure to send your Daniel Carr “ COA” coin flips in with you Dan Carr pieces, because ANACS will record the population as........( no population found) ....... this happened on this piece, and also my 2009 KOTCT silver medal ‼️‼️‼️‼️👎👎👎😱😱
    Both these pieces have a very low mintage. Don’t loose those “COA’s” , they are very important ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were difficult to produce and if I make some for next year (dated 2023) then I will probably strike on virgin blanks instead.> @Namvet69 said:

My second ASG arrived today. Love the UHR. The bonus is the brilliant satin surfaces are noticeably different and most attractive to me. 2 pics to view the diff. Thanks Dan. Peace Roy

I sandblasted the dies a little harder between the first production and second production.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2022 9:26AM

@Nickpatton said:
    Be sure to send your Daniel Carr “ COA” coin flips in with you Dan Carr pieces, because ANACS will record the population as........( no population found) ....... this happened on this piece, and also my 2009 KOTCT silver medal ‼️‼️‼️‼️👎👎👎😱😱
    Both these pieces have a very low mintage. Don’t loose those “COA’s” , they are very important ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️![]

In this context, "no population found" probably means that ANACS has not previously graded that item. Maybe that's because they were originally distributed exclusively by Freedom Mint. Or maybe ANACS didn't find your item in Dan's catalog -- it's at the bottom of this site. Or maybe there's no population found because there's no MM catalog number. Or, who knows?

Anyway, it sounds like you're thinking "population" is the same as mintage. They're not.

Mintage is how many were produced.

"Population" refers to how many have been graded. And these "population reports" further break it down by grade.

For example, total mintage for the Dan Carr 1859 FE Cent is 258.

The one shown below graded MS70. And so far, out of 42 "Total Graded" by ANACS, 22 graded MS70. That total population will increase if more 1859 FE Cents are graded in the future.

FYI, "Details Population" refers to items that suffered post-mint damage (e.g., cleaned, whizzed, scratched, etc.) and received a "Details" grade.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

@Nickpatton said:
    Both these pieces have a very low mintage. Don’t loose those “COA’s” , they are very important ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️![]

Good reminder on the COA (aka certificate or insert or card).

I include a photocopy of the COA with my Carr submissions to ANACS. The original COA stays with me. Then on the order form, I write "Do Not Return Flips & Inserts to Customer". Just one less thing to worry about.

But when there's no COA, I make my own descriptive card.

For example, I received no COA when I bought this item (part of a 9-coin set) direct from Dan.

So I made a descriptive card with the following info:
    Prototype Alternate Currency Coin by Moonlight Mint & Dan Carr
    2015 “Seated Liberty”
    “1Ag” Trade Unit Currency Concepts
    Catalog # TC_2015_I

I also highly recommend keeping a spreadsheet just for Dan's products -- with dates, prices, grades, etc.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:
    I include a photocopy of the COA with my Carr submissions to ANACS. The original COA stays with me.

Same here. I used to send in the original COA, but then had one order that failed to return the COAs. I now send copies of the COAs in with my submissions.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@Nickpatton said:

Good reminder on the COA (aka certificate or insert or card).

I include a photocopy of the COA with my Carr submissions to ANACS. The original COA stays with me. Then on the order form, I write "Do Not Return Flips & Inserts to Customer". Just one less thing to worry about.

But when there's no COA, I make my own descriptive card.

For example, I received no COA when I bought this item (part of a 9-coin set) direct from Dan.

So I made a descriptive card with the following info:
    Prototype Alternate Currency Coin by Moonlight Mint & Dan Carr
    2015 “Seated Liberty”
    “1Ag” Trade Unit Currency Concepts
    Catalog # TC_2015_I

I also highly recommend keeping a spreadsheet just for Dan's products -- with dates, prices, grades, etc.

The nice thing about that is it has Dan's DC logo right on it, but it's nice to have the catalog number.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful Octagon @Bullsitter ! The Peace Medal/Token is not too shabby either.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Anyone experiencing unusual delays with ANACS imaging?

edited April 3, 2022 5:34PM

Awesome photos as usual @robec! I always look forward to your shots :)

A quick question. I'm not sure if this was done for a reason, but previously your logo "Robecs Images" was more legible and now it's very faint, which almost results in looking like white space to me. Was this done on purpose?

Old Style

New Style

• @LukeMarshall said:
    I missed out on all the other Peace Dollar offerings from the Moonlight Mint, but not this one (thank you)

It’s a really nice piece and makes me wanna go and collect the 1936 standard US proof coins for some reason…

Looks awesome, I am so disappointed to have missed out on this one

• robecrobec Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

A quick question. I'm not sure if this was done for a reason, but previously your logo "Robecs Images" was more legible and now it's very faint, which almost results in looking like white space to me. Was this done on purpose?

Old Style

New Style

Yes it was. I never felt comfortable with the “in your face” template title. I decided to make it more of a watermark by adjusting the opacity.

@robec said:

@Zoins said:

Old Style

New Style

Yes it was. I never felt comfortable with the “in your face” template title. I decided to make it more of a watermark by adjusting the opacity.

Ah okay. Good to know.

If it's intentional, it seems like it might be worth moving the yellow lines "triangle" up a bit, as if you were laying it out without considering the logo, since it's not really legible.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@robec said:

Are these 2 different Peace Dollars or different lighting set-ups?
    I like the bottom shot better.

Same coin, just different lighting position. I prefer the bottom also.

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @COCollector

Daniels Peace Dollars are amazing. I bet the two Draped Bust tokens are as well.

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

@COCollector I'm want to send in some Carr items to ANACS, but for the life of me can not find references to Carr items on their site. Can you point me in the right direction?

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

@jshaulis
    Here is a link to Daniels site where he talks about ANACS submissions. http://www.moonlightmint.com/anacs.htm

Make sure to mark "Use Daniel Carr labels" in the order form. Also, send in a photo copy of the insert Daniel sends with each item.

@ZoidMeister said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    Congrats @COCollector

Daniels Peace Dollars are amazing. I bet the two Draped Bust tokens are as well.

For your enjoyment.

Z

Thanks for the Monday morning treats @ZoidMeister

Those were before my time here like the 1917-1921 PEACE dollars.

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Myself as well. It took a bit of searching and determination to locate these on the secondary market. Neither one was acquired off fleaBay.

Z

@pcgscacgold said:

@ZoidMeister said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    Congrats @COCollector

For your enjoyment.

Z

Thanks for the Monday morning treats @ZoidMeister

Those were before my time here like the 1917-1921 PEACE dollars.

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

@pcgscacgold said:
    @jshaulis
    Here is a link to Daniels site where he talks about ANACS submissions. http://www.moonlightmint.com/anacs.htm

Make sure to mark "Use Daniel Carr labels" in the order form. Also, send in a photo copy of the insert Daniel sends with each item.

I've seen that page and maybe I'm over complicating in my head (or pcgs makes it easy) but is there a separate order form for tokens? The one I find has US coins and non-US coins. I'm looking at https://www.anacs.com/SubmissionForm.aspx and IF that is the correct form, which service does Carr stuff fall under?

Thanks for the help!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

@jshaulis said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    @jshaulis

I've seen that page and maybe I'm over complicating in my head (or pcgs makes it easy) but is there a separate order form for tokens? The one I find has US coins and non-US coins. I'm looking at https://www.anacs.com/SubmissionForm.aspx and IF that is the correct form, which service does Carr stuff fall under?

Thanks for the help!

They are a Modern in the non-US Mint category. Should be $14 unless gold or higher value coin. In the description box I tried to fit as much as possible describing the token. I used two lines on some.

Make sure to pay attention to the value. I had 9 items stolen by a UPS employee. Driver handed me an empty box. The value is important in that case.

@pcgscacgold said:

@jshaulis said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    @jshaulis

Thanks for the help!

They are a Modern in the non-US Mint category. Should be $14 unless gold or higher value coin. In the description box I tried to fit as much as possible describing the token. I used two lines on some.

Make sure to pay attention to the value. I had 9 items stolen by a UPS employee. Driver handed me an empty box. The value is important in that case.

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2022 7:41AM

@jshaulis said:
    @COCollector I'm want to send in some Carr items to ANACS, but for the life of me can not find references to Carr items on their site. Can you point me in the right direction?

Best to ask the source:

ANACS
    P.O. Box 6000
    Englewood, CO 80155
    CustomerService@ANACS.com

I believe that's Mountain Time!

(l8-)>>

Amazing photo @LukeMarshall! It looks like it's out of the flip but I imagine it's actually still in it!

@LukeMarshall said:

@Zoins said:
    Amazing photo @LukeMarshall! It looks like it's out of the flip but I imagine it's actually still in it!

I took it out the flip and placed it on top of the insert to get that Pic.

The thing is with this UHR is that since the relief is so high, each light angle yields different photo results.

Granted I have no dedicated photo rig with set lights so i do my best with what I have available... (I phone and various lights including sunlight)

Here is another photo that lights up the fields more, but WAS taken in the flip and caught some glare and "flip marks"

Amazing piece‼️‼️‼️👍👍🎯👀‼️I bought a few of these and none them compare to yours ‼️‼️‼️I wouldn’t ever part with that one if I were you‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall Yup, the prooflike one was my first purchase. The second one is way more satin like and the surfaces are near perfect. I love em both. The depth of the details is beautiful and does cause me to view the design from various angles. Have a good day. Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• dcstuffdcstuff Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2022 2:09PM

ANOTHER 1936 PROOF SELLS EBAY 600,00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/154927616773

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcstuff said:
    ANOTHER 1936 PROOF SELLS EBAY 600,00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/154927616773

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those on Instagram, you can follow our friend gluggo there...I am!

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Arrived today.

Both of those are sold out too.

edited April 5, 2022 1:46AM

@alefzero said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Arrived today.

Both of those are sold out too.

They say "Out of Stock" on the website which isn't the same as sold out.

Generally, this can mean a couple of things, there is a return period where returns or Dan will be minting more in the future.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis WOW!

It's all about what the people want...

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:
    I took a bunch of pictures and they all sucked but close. My next purchase is a better camera! With that said here is all of the new stuff I got with a special thanks to @DCW on the apollo items.

My kind of man . . . .

ONE OF EVERYTHING PLEASE

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a set of Hawaiian silver coins. They were a one year issue in 1883 and were struck by the US gov't to the same specifications as the comparable US coins.

Restrikes could either be in the original silver and/or clad. (Maybe a current date set in clad?).

@JBK said:
    How about a set of Hawaiian silver coins. They were a one year issue in 1883 and were struck by the US gov't to the same specifications as the comparable US coins.

Restrikes could either be in the original silver and/or clad. (Maybe a current date set in clad?).

Did Alaska have something like this? if not... thats an idea 🤔

edited April 6, 2022 8:00AM

I really liked the .825 native Colorado gold piece from 2013, here is the one I got when they first came out, its developed some subtle orange toning which I really like.

It would be cool to see another native gold piece maybe a heavy $20 pioneer piece... or even a $50 round with something like 1396 grains of .825 fine

Maybe dual date 2013-2023 ? 👀👀👀

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:

@JBK said:

Did Alaska have something like this? if not... thats an idea 🤔

No, Alaska was never an independent country, but Hawaii was an independent kingdom before the US made it a territory and later a state.

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2022 4:00PM

Got my Carr stuff last week. Just waiting on a few raw eBay items before an ANACS ship, unless I wait and drop it at a show. The UHR gold (and silver) are very nice. The antiqued octagon too.

Wonder which he will use as his MMOH die this year. Probably too early for that.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2022 6:35AM

Your 2022 family portrait of purchases is quite enjoyable to me. I especially like row one top two items on left. I think this is 1st time DC used different obverse dies for same gold & silver issues. I know why, maple leafs are thicker & better for this stunning UHR issue.

@jshaulis said:
    I took a bunch of pictures and they all sucked but close. My next purchase is a better camera! With that said here is all of the new stuff I got with a special thanks to @DCW on the apollo items.

@dcstuff said:
    Bought this from bigpoppas years ago for those who remember him

Some of my best Daniel Carr pieces came from him...... does any one know how to get in touch with him....... besides through eBay ⁉️⁉️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file