Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

@coinsarefun said:

I don’t think I could love those 2 anymore. I half the o/s with silver plug AU58 I had no idea it was available in gold.
    Now I must have one1 fantastic!!

@alefzero said:
    These two chain cents are interesting in how differently they present in different metals. The gold one has a mintage of 6. The circulated silver plug copper's mintage is 10.

I’m “GOLD” with envy ‼️‼️🎯‼️👍👍✌️✌️‼️Love them👍👍

Hi, Nick. Nice to see you here too!

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    Great multi-struck coins!

Love the:

Dan made both 1911-D and 1911-S buffalo nickels so is it possible to identify the mintmark for the @Akbeez coin??

We need to get PCGS to slab all these so we can get TrueViews :)

1911-S

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2022 8:08PM

@Akbeez said:

@Zoins said:
    Great multi-struck coins!

Love the:

Dan made both 1911-D and 1911-S buffalo nickels so is it possible to identify the mintmark for the @Akbeez coin??

We need to get PCGS to slab all these so we can get TrueViews :)

1911-S

Great info :+1:

Can you tell by looking at it? Or just via the insert?

It takes a bit of “interpretation” 😳 to see the MM but I had to go look at the insert to verify

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three Landis Studios issues made 2021 that I believe are mintage limited
    My first Home of Gallery Mint orders placed in 21st Century

@Zoins said:

@LindyS said:
    MM Mint does not do special orders.

Whereas Gallery Mint did them for me & several others in the know, that I know of.

I think Dan and Ron would both think Dan is doing it right. Ron doesn't do coins any more and I think he got a little burned out making people happy with special orders. His primary focus now is on things that don't have mintage limits and there's a reason for that.

edited March 26, 2022 5:39AM

@LindyS said:
    Three Landis Studios issues made 2021 that I believe are mintage limited
    My first Home of Gallery Mint orders placed in 21st Century

@Zoins said:

@LindyS said:
    MM Mint does not do special orders.

Whereas Gallery Mint did them for me & several others in the know, that I know of.

I think Dan and Ron would both think Dan is doing it right. Ron doesn't do coins any more and I think he got a little burned out making people happy with special orders. His primary focus now is on things that don't have mintage limits and there's a reason for that.

Those are an exception because he worked on those years ago. The vintage dies used are from 2002.

• jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Latest order showing in USPS for delivery on Monday! Unfortunately, I'll have to patiently wait a couple of additional days until I am back home.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago, Rob41281

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2022 10:10AM

@jshaulis said:
    Latest order showing in USPS for delivery on Monday! Unfortunately, I'll have to patiently wait a couple of additional days until I am back home.

This is why I hate registered mail... 3 days and only went from the suburbs to the city, and its priority mail. maybe it'll fly outta Denver today! 😞

(l8-)>>

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI - I reluctantly put two KotKT Merlins on the BST, if anyone is intetested.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Tried to do USPS Informed Delivery. Apparently they will not allow it for Business PO Boxes. Cannot imagine the rationale behind that. But I guess I will need to keep checking the box for those Loveland packages.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Dan's shipping department can tell you the tracking number. I did this a few years ago before informed delivery became an option for me.

@alefzero said:
    Tried to do USPS Informed Delivery. Apparently they will not allow it for Business PO Boxes. Cannot imagine the rationale behind that. But I guess I will need to keep checking the box for those Loveland packages.

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure others have seen this but just in case notice the 1936 Peace Dollar is now up to $300 and a screenshot of the mintage records shows Daniel did 5 double strike versions (now shows 105 total minted). I am sure a few people here were the lucky ones to get ahold of those special pieces. I was on early this morning and did not see any for sale.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    I am sure others have seen this but just in case notice the 1936 Peace Dollar is now up to $300 and a screenshot of the mintage records shows Daniel did 5 double strike versions (now shows 105 total minted). I am sure a few people here were the lucky ones to get ahold of those special pieces. I was on early this morning and did not see any for sale.

Maybe not yet listed for sale?

Anyway, can't wait to see my normal 1936 Peace. Should arrive Monday.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

edited March 26, 2022 1:22PM

The 1931-S or is it the 1936-S with an edited 1931-S page with a few details missed?

@alefzero said:
    The 1931-S or is it the 1936-S with an edited 1931-S page with a few details missed?

Here is a screenshot zoomed out some. I do not recall if prior to changing to 105 minted it referenced 1931-S or 1936.

edited March 26, 2022 2:22PM

.> @pcgscacgold said:

@alefzero said:

Here is a screenshot zoomed out some. I do not recall if prior to changing to 105 minted it referenced 1931-S or 1936.

It also says, "First produced March, 2021" (just to the right of "$300").

I'm guessing it's all easily fixable by Dan.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one who isn't seeing a mint mark on the coin?

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    Am I the only one who isn't seeing a mint mark on the coin?

+1. No MM to my eyes.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

It was a copy and paste “typo” from his 1931-S Peace Dollar blog. This coin has no S.

edited March 26, 2022 11:19PM

@dcarr said:
    ... I have not decided the disposition of the five double-over-strikes. Maybe an auction of one or two of them...

Dan, thanks for posting.

I like the idea of an auction for one or two of the "defective" 1936 Peace dollars. On ebay?

FYI to the newbies: Save an ebay search for "Carr 1936" and you should automatically receive email notification.

I hope it was an enjoyable show @dcarr Do you plan to attend Central States in April or the ANA in August? I plan to be at both and would stop by your table if you do.

I can't wait for my first order to come in! I say first order, because I need to wait till my budget reloads to make another!

• MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭✭

my silver St's should be in around wed as well.. can't wait :smiley:

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first 2022 St G arrived and I love it. The design is beautiful in UHR. 2nd one is on the way. Thanks Dan. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Can we see a picture out of holder that shows relief?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    edited March 27, 2022 5:25PM

@Eldorado9 said:

Stunning!

Out of this World!

Just a few thoughts running through my head!

Going to be a busy week around here. From the sounds of things many of us have deliveries coming.

Thanks to all for sharing. Wanted them all but had to settle for less.

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d like to see a fantasy Charlotte coin like an 1836 Charlotte Double Eagle. Maybe a 1799 (being the discovery of gold in NC) eagle with obv mintmark, also for Dahlonega as well. That would be cool.

@edgar said:

@Will1960 said:
    @Eldorado9 said:

Stop Taunting! Mine are still crawling in Virginia! 😞 I just hope they get here in time to ride with me to Baltimore on Thursday, if not then they'll have to wait untiI June. I won't risk putting gold in the US Mail unless I can't avoid it

Right there with you. I plan to drop off my 3 Double Eagles at the Central States show. I wish there was a way to get them back without having them mailed.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

The UHR coins look fantastic - as though they are popping out of my screen.
    I have a few hours to wait for delivery of my first order (1936 Peace, Clark Gruber half eagle, and an octagon). The second order (UHR winged St Gaudens gold) is not due in until Wednesday.....can only look at your photos until then. Thank you.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
    edited March 28, 2022 11:38PM

@pcgscacgold said:

@edgar said:

@Will1960 said:
    @Eldorado9 said:

Right there with you. I plan to drop off my 3 Double Eagles at the Central States show. I wish there was a way to get them back without having them mailed.

I am not sure of the Central States show schedule, but if you could bear to be without them that long, you may be able to pick them from PCGS at the next show. I may arrange to have my PCGS submission to be picked up at Baltimore in June Hmmmmmm!

(l8-)>>

@edgar said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@edgar said:

@Will1960 said:
    @Eldorado9 said:

I am not sure of the Central States shiw schedule, but if you could bear to be without them that long, you may be able to pick them from PCGS at the next show. I may arrange to have my PCGS submission to be picked up at Baltimore in June Hmmmmmm!

These will be going to ANACS so maybe I will ask them if they do show pickups.

@Iamthewalrus53 said:
    Hi all as a new poster on this forum I was impressed by all the positive remarks made concerning Dan Carr products. So I pulled the trigger and made a first time purchase of a St Gaudens silver and a 1936 peace dollar. Just received them in the mail and WOW are they beautiful! Will definitely buy more in the future and thanks to all the forum contributors who convinced me to purchase them

Welcome to the "Club". Make sure to look over his catalog of past items. If you like these new designs wait until you see his Standing Liberty Quarters, Walking Liberty Half Dollars, Morgans, and ............ All are amazing and his detailed minting records are great.

http://www.moonlightmint.com/coin_catalog.htm

edited March 28, 2022 4:43PM

@pcgscacgold said:

@edgar said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@edgar said:

@Will1960 said:
    @Eldorado9 said:

I am not sure of the Central States shiw schedule, but if you could bear to be without them that long, you may be able to pick them from PCGS at the next show. I may arrange to have my PCGS submission to be picked up at Baltimore in June Hmmmmmm!

They do show pick ups and at a lot more shows than the other services. Lots monthly and regional ones. Look at their show schedule at their site and maybe can work out a show drop off and another show pick up.

@alefzero said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@edgar said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@edgar said:

@Will1960 said:
    @Eldorado9 said:

They do show pick ups and at a lot more shows than the other services. Lots monthly and regional ones. Look at their show schedule at their site and maybe can work out a show drop off and another show pick up.

Great, thanks.

• Quick question. Does anyone know of a direct fit capsule, minus the phone ring, that will fit the exact size of the D. Carr hard times Peace Dollar token (pictured)? I've ordered several capsules that should have fit it but they didn't and I don't want to keep ordering things that won't work. Just curious as I am building a custom coin box for all my Peace Dollars to include D. Carr pieces and I'd like these to go with them. The way it's laid out these larger capsules with the foam ring won't work, but if I can find something more precise I believe it will. Thank you!

edited March 28, 2022 11:40PM

@asherjackson7 said:
    Quick question. Does anyone know of a direct fit capsule, minus the phone ring, that will fit the exact size of the D. Carr hard times Peace Dollar token Thank you!

Dan's catalog indicates the 2 Oz are 50mm, I believe they are normal relief, there are many 50mm X 5.49mm capsules out there, I have used Lighthouse amongst others. I have also found some higher relief (deeper) capsules.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwipt7jUlur2AhVTyrMKHbZoAKMYABAIGgJxbg&sig=AOD64_1PhCfRY0dby8QDvNYAb490TVZ4Cg&ctype=5&ved=2ahUKEwiambHUlur2AhVxU98KHbBCDz0Qwg96BAgNEAg&adurl=

(l8-)>>

• asherjackson7asherjackson7 Posts: 6
    edited March 28, 2022 7:13PM

@edgar said:

@asherjackson7 said:
    Quick question. Does anyone know of a direct fit capsule, minus the phone ring, that will fit the exact size of the D. Carr hard times Peace Dollar token Thank you!

Dan's catalog indicates the 2 Oz are 50mm, I believe they are normal relief, there are many 50mm X 5.49mm capsules out there, I have used Lighthouse amongst others. I have also found some higher relief (deeper) capsules also.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwipt7jUlur2AhVTyrMKHbZoAKMYABAIGgJxbg&sig=AOD64_1PhCfRY0dby8QDvNYAb490TVZ4Cg&ctype=5&ved=2ahUKEwiambHUlur2AhVxU98KHbBCDz0Qwg96BAgNEAg&adurl=

Ordering them now, thank you! I ordered several others that were supposedly 50 mm but they still didn't fit and didn't quite measure 50 mm as they should. Thank you again!

I believe the one you pictured is 55mm, I originally had those until I was able to find the 50mm. I found that the 55 ultra deep (about 9mm) using the black rings would accommodate Dan's $100 Union.

(l8-)>>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file