Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

That overstrike is pricey, but really a beauty & of course, the reverse is simply beautiful.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my shipping notification on the 19th. Probably arrives today or tomorrow :)

Collector, occasional seller

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:

Maybe a day or two longer due to the postal holiday (Monday 20 February, Presidents Day).

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

Dan just added a new 1916 Walking Liberty Centennial overstrike: dc-coin.com/2008hardtimestoken536minted-2-3-1-1-2-4-2-1-2-1-3.aspx

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

You beat me to it felinfoel on mentioning this- just got one!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 12:24PM

@felinfoel said:
    Dan just added a new 1916 Walking Liberty Centennial overstrike: dc-coin.com/2008hardtimestoken536minted-2-3-1-1-2-4-2-1-2-1-3.aspx

Those are awesome, and only 13 produced with a HH limit of 1! Had to get it but UGH, he has a knack of releasing must have items when my budget is wiped. Thank God for credit cards :wink:

The more you VAM..

@CascadeChris said:

@felinfoel said:

Those are awesome, and only 13 produced with a HH limit of 1! Had to get it but UGH, he has a knack of releasing must have items when my budget is wiped. Thank God for credit cards :wink:

I also had to pull the trigger.

Image from Dan's site:

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 12:28PM

Got in for one also, they'll be gone in a hour.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:

"Out of stock"

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Cannot pull the trigger at that price no matter how small the mintage.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    edited February 22, 2017 12:43PM

The bulk-handled Broken Sword overstrike for $110 was tempting too. Those should have a relatively low mintage. But I just couldn't do it. If my matte proof 1909 vdb sells for $100k :~}... watch out Dan! :blush:

And the clashed Morgan is now out! I smell a low mintage there too!!

The more you VAM..
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@ChrisH821 said:

Maybe a day or two longer due to the postal holiday (Monday 20 February, Presidents Day).

Dan
    If you could provide the tracking number for a shipment some where it would help greatly. On the order details page or in the shipped notification email. I have had orders slipping past the My USPS automatic tracking emails somehow and show up in my mail box to my unexpected yet giddy delight.

Waking Liberty ASE overstike is now sold out!! Damn that was quick :smile:

The more you VAM..
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed the new one, dang

@Bullsitter said:

More like gone in a minute :lol:

The more you VAM..

@COCollector said:

@felinfoel said:

"Out of stock"

Wow, that was fast!

@jwitten said:
    Missed the new one, dang

I'm glad I popped in when I did. Been very busy with work catching up due to being away for long beach. I had just finished an hour long task. Had I started 10 minutes later I too would have missed it. You know what they say, life is 90% timing!

The more you VAM..
    edited February 22, 2017 12:56PM

Yeah, I about didn't get mine- just got a new card with a chip, and I entered all my data but kept on keying in the wrong three digit security code in a frantic rush...felt like I was trying to order a low mintage U.S. mint item as time was ticking away. Checked out with my debit not knowing what the heck I was doing wrong. Could have ended horribly...Ugh.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I went to talk to my boss and he wasn't in his office so I just happened to check MLM and there it was. I had to do a double look. If my boss had been in his office I would have missed it......pure luck.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone before I had a chance.

Many happy BST transactions

Since I'm a variety hunter and really hate filling holes etc I've been thinking of selling off my albums, aside the near full Morgan and peace, and all the random slabs and stuff I accumulated when I was a novice and focus exclusively on cherrypicking while trying to complete a full Carr collection. One of every overstrike and original he has produced while getting new ones as they come out. That should be quite the challenge. Am I crazy lol.

The more you VAM..
  • 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 2:47PM

I have a large collection of Dan Carr items that I had to buy most on secondary market and thats quite expensive ! Just Have to say if it wasnt for Dan Carr products I wouldn't be interested in coins ! In my opinion he has generated a new excitement in collecting !If you buy right stuff it can double and even triple in price ! THANK YOU Dan Carr

• VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree completely and we want more !

Dan Fan
    edited February 22, 2017 6:33PM

@CascadeChris said:
    Since I'm a variety hunter and really hate filling holes etc I've been thinking of selling off my albums, aside the near full Morgan and peace, and all the random slabs and stuff I accumulated when I was a novice and focus exclusively on cherrypicking while trying to complete a full Carr collection. One of every overstrike and original he has produced while getting new ones as they come out. That should be quite the challenge. Am I crazy lol.

Yep, you're crazy. I think everyone here, and myself are certifiably crazy too so you're in good company. I wouldn't personally be on these boards if I thought otherwise.

I think your focus is sound- gotta be on the stick for Dan's new releases right? I check back frequently for the Clark Gruber 1.5 Oz. for this year. It's gonna come out soon...I believe. I'd think the 2.5 Oz. gold Gruber's would be most difficult to secure for complete set? Although, there's a lot of other rare pieces. I'd much like to see Dan release some of his Apollo 2019-D overstrike dollars on Suzie B's.

Chris, if that MS64 1900 O/CC Morgan is ever on that list to move of yours- please let me know!

edited February 22, 2017 7:01PM

@PocketArt said:

@CascadeChris said:

Yep, you're crazy. I think everyone here, and myself are certifiably crazy too so you're in good company. I wouldn't personally be on these boards if I thought otherwise.

I think your focus is sound- gotta be on the stick for Dan's new releases right? I check back frequently for the Clark Gruber 1.5 Oz. for this year. It's gonna come out soon...I believe. I'd think the 2.5 Oz. gold Gruber's would be most difficult to secure for complete set? Although, there's a lot of other rare pieces. I'd much like to see Dan release some of his Apollo 2019-D overstrike dollars on Suzie B's.

Chris, if that MS64 1900 O/CC Morgan is ever on that list to move of yours- please let me know!

Yeah. The gold will be ridiculously expensive when available. And a couple of the overstrikes and some of the super low mintage items will be tough too but I know some guys trying for a complete (and ever growing) set of every Morgan VAM. Now that's nuts lol.

I might let the o/cc go but I would want a nice little premium for the color. I had Todd do some nice shots of it for me at Long Beach. Maybe I should find that thread and post them

The more you VAM..

It's nice, no doubt. That variety is my favorite in series, and you certainly have good taste!

I wonder what kind of finishes Dan will have on the 1917 "broken sword." I see his bulk handled have already sold out!

• BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2017 5:08AM

@CascadeChris said:

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT MY FRIEND !

I thought that it would be an interesting endeavor and started on my journey as I basically only collect D.C. creations .
    It is not so simple and can be quite frustrating at times . A good example would be today's release as if you missed it well you could possibly not see one come to market for many years .

First off you need very deep pockets as some pieces only go to a few select people and to get them to part with them it is not going to be cheap nor easy .
    Secondly you absolutely will need Dan's assistance, because of point #1 and you may need contact info.
    Thirdly I don't think you realize how many issues and varieties have been created to date .

The guy who had 300 pieces stolen, probably has the biggest single collection of Dans work, besides Dan himself and he said that he had thousands of pieces .
    He lives down the road from Dan and has access to more issues through Dan personally , local coin clubs and shows.

I'm glad to see that Dan is finally getting some more mainstream enthusiasm.
    Myself and the fellow who has that huge collection talked plenty and we predicted that this day would eventually come.
    Dan's work just keeps getting better and better and I'm personally sick of what I've missed the past 24 months due to personal reasons.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer and I hope you do try to achieve your goal, but I know from a very passionate following of Dan that what you are attempting is nearly impossible.

Anyways it's good to see so much passion finally and I wish you the best in your endeavor. :)
    Peace ✌️

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT MY FRIEND !

I thought that it would be an interesting endeavor and started on my journey as I basically only collect D.C. creations .
    It is not so simple and can be quite frustrating at times . A good example would be today's release as if you missed it well you could possibly not see one come to barker for many years .

First off you need very deep pockets as some pieces only go to a few select people and to get them to part with them it is not going to be cheap nor easy .
    Secondly you absolutely will need Dan's assistance, because of point #1 and you may need contact info.
    Thirdly I don't think you realize how many issues and varieties have been created to date .

The guy who had 300 pieces stolen, probably has the biggest single collection of Dans work, besides Dan himself and he said that he had thousands of pieces .
    He lives down the road from Dan and has access to more issues through Dan personality , local coin clubs and shows.

I'm glad to see that Dan is finally getting some more mainstream enthusiasm.
    Myself and the fellow who has that huge collection talked plenty and we predicted that this day would eventually come.
    Dan's work just keeps getting better and better and I'm personally sick of what I've missed the past 24 months due to personal reasons.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer and I hope you do try to achieve your goal, but I know from a very passionate following of Dan that what you are attempting is nearly impossible.

Anyways it's good to see so much passion finally and I wish you the best in your endeavor. :)
    Peace ✌️

I agree with just about all of that and fully understand the undertaking. I too doubt it would ever be completed unfortunately

The more you VAM..

@CascadeChris said:

I agree with just about all of that and fully understand the undertaking. I too doubt it would ever be completed unfortunately

I've been following you for awhile now and you have made some terrific choices across the board . I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, just trying to keep it real .
    That double struck Morgan that you purchased from me is a good example of what I was trying to point out .

I love Dans work and quite frankly the chase is half the fun even though it can get frustrating.

Good luck on your sale and maybe you'll make it happen :)

edited February 22, 2017 8:01PM

Here's a good starter lot to seek out ;)
    Sorry about the picture taking :(

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 10:40PM

@Bigpoppas said:

@CascadeChris said:

I've been following you for awhile now and you have made some terrific choices across the board . I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, just trying to keep it real .
    That double struck Morgan that you purchased from me is a good example of what I was trying to point out .

I love Dans work and quite frankly the chase is half the fun even though it can get frustrating.

Good luck on your sale and maybe you'll make it happen :)

Yes I concur. I starred collecting 2 of everything a few years ago. I even went back and bought one of every issue from the beginning of time from a collector and get me current. I watch like a hawk and I still miss new releases including the Walker ASE over strike. Extremely frustrating.

Mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's pretty amazing what Dan has been able to do to add fun in the hobby in my opinion. I remember picking up Dan's original small concept dollars on his website and his first Amero concepts posted here for discussion. Dan's really hitting his stride and becoming big time now!

@CascadeChris said:

@Bullsitter said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bullsitter said:

How much were they?

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bullsitter said:

@CascadeChris said:

@Bullsitter said:

How much were they?

mark

$200. I missed it too!

edited February 22, 2017 10:54PM

Anybody who wants to do a quick flip you know where to find me

mark

• 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2017 5:44AM

Dans bulk-handled ( bag handled) are coins that didnt make high grade when he inspected them so he sells them as such ! there will probably be more as he makes them .

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to buy one of these 13 made on secondary market too.

I picked up 7 sets of the 3 coin 2016/1916 one ounce sets, this overstrike would be the perfect companion.

Lindy

I have a feeling they will do extremely well on the aftermarket if any of the 13 decide to flip. I'd keep an eye on eBay in the coming weeks. You might get lucky with one or two deciding they'd rather have the extra cash but then those will go into permanent collections so I suggest jumping hard on the mere chance if one becomes available.

The more you VAM..

1917 Peace, High Relief, USA WW1, Broken Sword, High Grade came in the mail today. An absolute beauty.
    Once again, it slipped notice by My USPS so no tracking email came. Delivery was not expected today although I am delighted by it's arrival.

• VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Party like 1917.......

Peace dollars never looked so nice !

Dan Fan
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone sent there DC coins to ANACS? Some of my coins have begun to tone near the top of the flip, I see on their website they recommend the 'conservation' fee...I think that's when they dip if required(?)

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just sent my (3) 1964-D Peace Dollars in. They were starting to tone also. I did not choose to have them conserved.
    I also sent in my 1917 Peace Dollar. Of course it was still a gorgeous blast white.
    I was going to dip the 1964's before i sent them,but not sure enough to attempt it. It will have some toning. RickO would not approve.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2017 2:42PM

@Kudbegud said:

@dcarr said:

@ChrisH821 said:

Dan
    If you could provide the tracking number for a shipment some where it would help greatly. On the order details page or in the shipped notification email. I have had orders slipping past the My USPS automatic tracking emails somehow and show up in my mail box to my unexpected yet giddy delight.

Finally got my order from Jan 24th!!! Count me as another who'd like to see tracking #'s put somewhere (perhaps in the order summary, or somewhere?). But, gorgeous pieces, nonetheless, AS USUAL!!

I'll come up with something.
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my 2oz. yesterday. Super nice piece!

Collector, occasional seller

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

my coins still have not toned.

I'd be interested in seeing pics for those that have.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received my 1917 Peace dollar today. Beautiful coin! I always look forward to packages from the Moonlight Mint!

peacockcoins

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 1917 fantasy has an "s" on the reverse. Hard to image but its there ...a flat S. So I have a 1917-S fantasy overstrike!

@thebigeng said:
    My 1917 fantasy has an "s" on the reverse. Hard to image but its there ...a flat S. So I have a 1917-S fantasy overstrike!

P I C T U R E S ! We gotta see this.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigpoppas said:

I guess I missed these too?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file