Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020 4:01AM

@Bullsitter said:

@beholdmycape said:
    Love these pieces and I have several myself. I am very interested in buying one of the incredible Winged Double Eagle overstrikes - please message me if anyone is willing to part with one!

Welcome to the forum.
    Good luck finding the Winged Double Eagle.

What are some of the pieces you own? Got any pics?

Agree on the Winged Liberty double eagle overstrikes. It's one of my favorites.

Good luck finding one. i haven't seen one available in a long time.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the 3 ounce creation? If so, I was stunned when they launched in 2019, these are awesome.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lindy I believe they are referencing the 1 oz gold Saint MCMVI .

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Zoins said:
    2020 Moonlight Mint Open House O/S 1890-CC Morgan Dollar - USAROK

Just ran across this one posted by @USAROK on the bay. It's pretty awesome :)

Hey Zoins - you were at the 2020 MMOH and this wasn't struck there? Are there more than one MMOH each year? I see it back up on the bay today. I agree it's a neat piece but I would not have done this to a cc coin...pretty ballsy...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2020 7:05AM

@Akbeez said:

@Zoins said:
    2020 Moonlight Mint Open House O/S 1890-CC Morgan Dollar - USAROK

Just ran across this one posted by @USAROK on the bay. It's pretty awesome :)

Hey Zoins - you were at the 2020 MMOH and this wasn't struck there? Are there more than one MMOH each year? I see it back up on the bay today. I agree it's a neat piece but I would not have done this to a cc coin...pretty ballsy...

Yes, there can be more than one MMOH each year. This wasn't struck when I was there. I'd guess @USAROK visited sometime afterwards and there was "another" MMOH where this was struck. He has some really nice MMOH pieces.

As for the coin, many coins that area overstruck are problem coins so I'm not sure if this was one. When a nice coin comes across, Dan will usually mentioned that and ask if you really want to restrike it.

• Options
    edited August 31, 2020 4:50AM

Anyone pick up any Dan Carr pieces this weekend?

I picked up 3 including an Open House piece and 2 So-Called Fellowship pieces Jeff Shevlin struck with Dan.

1878 Stella Concept

Here are two I wanted but had to pass on given other items on my list, including more of Dan's pieces!

These were sold for $670 tonight which seems like a great price given the gold content.

I believe these were struck for Chopper's.

• Options
    edited August 31, 2020 3:09AM

Dan struck these for Jared Grove, which are available for $875.

Mintage is just:

• 10 medal turn
    • 21 coin turn

• Options
    edited August 31, 2020 4:05AM

@coinsarefun said:
    I was lucky and picked up 3 when they first came out.

Those are beautiful. I have the 1881 too and it's a great piece.

The other ones are slightly different. The Jared Grove one is a 1879 and the Chopper one is a 1878.

Of note, Dan doesn't have a Flowing Hair yet so it seems like the 1878 was paired with a Flowing Hair done by another mint.

• Options
    Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 21 ✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    1878 Stella Concept

Here are two I wanted but had to pass on given other items on my list, including more of Dan's pieces!

These were sold for $670 tonight which seems like a great price given the gold content.

I believe these were struck for Chopper's.

I saw those (or some just like them) and wanted to buy but there was nothing in the listing (besides the title) or on the coin/slab saying they were actually Carr pieces. I couldn't find a reference to them in the "Catalog with Mintage Figures" on Dan's site either. Are they in the catalog? How are they classified, as they're not overstrikes?

• Options

Recent fun "Two Rollers" acquisition -- the bi-metallics in DCAM have a certain flair about them!

• Options

I Spy a Fist Full of Dollars

http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_2.htm

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindyS said:
    I Spy a Fist Full of Dollars

http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_2.htm

I've watched Dan's offerings almost every day for new production. Were these August 2020 ones listed there? I didn't see them.

• Options
    edited September 6, 2020 9:29AM

No not available, I guess these are private commission.

I check often too, but for Roman Numerals in Date Peace Fantasy

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are they available, I wonder? I lke the COVID Silver Eagle.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020 11:23AM

I think there is a Coin Show in Loveland soon, not 100% sure though.

• Options
    edited September 9, 2020 6:25AM

New stuff up..... B)

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindyS said:
    I check often too, but for Roman Numerals in Date Peace Fantasy

Early 2021 for that one.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2020 6:31AM

Oh...you're killing me on the new additions! Triple MM Jefferson War Nickel!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

Thanks @Bullsitter for the heads up. Got the page change Visualping email too. Order placed. Oh Boy ! Dan has been busy !

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the Bicentennial Quarter reverse ASE.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I wait before placing an order for new stuff, in case more items are added.

Not this time.

@Bullsitter said:
    New stuff up..... B)

Thanks Bullsitter.

Several items I've been waiting for.

Placed my order today.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

Thanks @renman95 for the great photos of your personalized tour of Carr World.

• Options

Wow!! That's awesome! And on my list for a visit there too if this Covid crap would simmer down.

That multi-strike buff is radical (dude)!! Thanks for sharing :)

• Options

@dcstuff said:
    Hello! my first post ! here is my die 8 circulated 1964 peace dollar!

Keep 'em coming, nice piece btw...and welcome... B)

• Options

Hey there @dcstuff -- welcome to the forum! That's a nice LOW mintage piece you have there. What other kinds of "dc stuff" do you collect? There is plenty of good reading material posted here for anyone interested in MM products. Cheers :)

• Options
    edited September 16, 2020 2:15PM

Talk about it...

• Options

@dcstuff said:
    this my most prized !!

Aak!! The Holy Grail -- that's some big guns there pardner !

• Options

Nice images and cool medal. I always wanted one of those and missed out.
    What kind of camera do you use if you don't mind me asking?

• Options
    dcstuffdcstuff Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

dont take pictures have someone else do it

• Options

Love the Flying Eagle design. Hopefully we'll see a circulated version. Maybe a larger-cent version too, like the 1854-55 patterns.

And maybe a Proof version based on the "skinny" flying eagle pattern.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

Some interesting posts on another thread regarding restrikes of Wilson's So-Called Manila Dollar, struck by D Carr.

The gold is very cool but pricey at $5k. I like the silver just fine!

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1042080/wilson-dollar-100-year-anniversary-medals-restrike-by-daniel-carr#latest

• Options

Well... @ZoidMeister ... IF you like MM products, knowledge is everything! Study well Padawan, and you shall feel the Force :)

OR -- you can just ask here! What pieces do you have and like? Feel free to post your favs. Welcome B)

• Options

@ZoidMeister said:
    121 pages . . . . . .

I've got 121 pages to read . . . . . . ?

Z

Tip: Join the KOTCT at http://www.knightsofthecointable.com/ (it's free to join, but may require some persistence).

Exclusively for KOTCT, Dan Carr annually produces Medals with a unique design. If history is any indication, in the Fall you'll be able to order those medals.

Older medals often sell for a premium on the bay, but sometimes you can snag a bargain if you're lucky.

• Options

@ZoidMeister said:
    121 pages . . . . . .

I've got 121 pages to read . . . . . . ?

Z

Welcome to the CU Forum and the best Daniel Carr, Moonlight Mint thread around.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way . . . . .

Happy Birthday Dan Carr (tomorrow)! @dcarr

My 62nd was earlier this year. Here's to another "Year of the Dog"-ite . . . . .

Zoid

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

Order shipped, yeeee-ha.............. B)

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, how crazy did people get with their orders? He certainly released a lot of material. I usually get just one of each type of overstrike and not all the dates or circulated ones.....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@7Jaguars said:
    OK, how crazy did people get with their orders? He certainly released a lot of material. I usually get just one of each type of overstrike and not all the dates or circulated ones.....

I couldn't decide which of the two IH cents to include in my order. So I ordered both.

Nowadays that's as crazy as I get.

• Options

@7Jaguars said:

I got a few Flying Eagle Cents, War Nickels and No Cents Liberty V Nickels.

• Options
    edited September 19, 2020 10:50AM

@7Jaguars said:

Got the Native Head Nickels and the 3D Jefferson Nickel ............so far.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first order from Moonlight Mint.

Got the Flying Eagle, the earlier Indian cent, and one Buffalo.

Now a question: Does DC email existing customers when new items are posted up or do I need to keep checking the website every 30 minutes like I have been?

Inquiring minds, you know . . . . empty ones too . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file