Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I post a serious on topic rebuttal to your comments on racial injustice in America and the only response is, "yeah, but what about his beard!?!?" I'll just keep posting it until someone responds in a serious manner.

DOJ Report into Baltimore Police Department

I challenge everyone here to read through this report and claim institutional racism no longer exists and that there is no more discrimination in this country.

Some exerts:

"We find reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of discriminatory policing against African Americans. Statistical evidence shows that the Department intrudes disproportionately upon the lives of African Americans at every stage of its enforcement activities."

"BPD’s pedestrian stops are concentrated on a small portion of Baltimore residents. BPD made roughly 44 percent of its stops in two small, predominantly African-American districts that contain only 11 percent of the City’s population. Consequently, hundreds of individuals—nearly all of them African American—were stopped on at least 10 separate occasions from 2010– 2015. Indeed, seven African-American men were stopped more than 30 times during this period."

"Arrests without probable cause: from 2010–2015, supervisors at Baltimore’s Central Booking and local prosecutors rejected over 11,000 charges made by BPD officers because they lacked probable cause or otherwise did not merit prosecution. Our review of incident reports describing warrantless arrests likewise found many examples of officers making unjustified arrests. In addition, officers extend stops without justification to search for evidence that would justify an arrest. These detentions—many of which last more than an hour— constitute unconstitutional arrests."

"In the five and a half years of data we examined, African Americans accounted for 95 percent of the 410 individuals BPD stopped at least 10 times. One African American man in his mid-fifties was stopped 30 times in less than 4 years. Despite these repeated intrusions, none of the 30 stops resulted in a citation or criminal charge."

There is no freedom loving American who can read this report and believe the Constitution is being protected by the city of Baltimore.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    What agenda is that??? Apparently he started growing his hair out months ago.

http://www.knbr.com/2016/07/14/kaepernick-photographed-sporting-new-hairstyle/

But again what on earth does his hair style have to do with anything? And FYI what does "makes him more Black" even mean? I am almost afraid to ask in your alls America without racism what your non-PC niceties answer is.

Robb
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore PD apparently did a lot of injustices and people from all over the state showed up and nearly destroyed the city, ok let's move along to the other instances where both Black AND white police officers were shot at by Black Americans because they were " Angry" There is no denying that outside of the Baltimore area that most black youths shot by police brought it upon themselves
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: fergie23

No you are not responding to his statement. You are interpreting it as you see fit and then taking down your interpretation. What is ironic is that you show how uninformed your interpretation is by how easily you refute it.

LOL that you would tie institutional racism and "hate speech laws". You really have no idea what you are talking about. You do realize that "institutional racism" doesn't apply to individuals right? So the whole "give it a try" shows an utter and complete lack of understanding. Here is a definition for you stolen from the internet : "The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behavior which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people". You really should do some research about implicit bias and institutional racism, better yet get a group of your minority friends together and ask them about their experiences with racism.

Sports card collectors are overwhelmingly white men and given your posts in general it is a pretty sure bet but you never know I guess.

Robb

Alright smart guy, who decides for an organization the racist culture, policies, procedures etc? That would be the CEO/board. What are those made up of? Individual people. to implement the racist plan who do you use? Managers, leaders department heads etc. Those are all individuals. Amazing. And the people on the ground carrying out the secret racist plan? The individual employess/people. Wow! You mean the racist culture/policy etc of institutional racism is carried out by individual people? Amazing. Can you taste the sarcasm? You should.

All of this comes down to individual people. Many times terms like institutional racism takes the blame for terrible acts away from the individual and lumps it onto the institution.

Look at the affirmative action laws that help minorities. You really think if those are broken there are no repercussions? Oh wait, I forgot, our whole country is in on this racist plan so no one will get punished for such things.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JHS5120 they won't answer because it doesn't mesh with their version of America. The sad thing is that almost everywhere the DOJ performs these investigations the results are the same.

Robb
  • Options

Sports card collectors are overwhelmingly white men and given your posts in general it is a pretty sure bet but you never know I guess.

Robb

Stereotype much?

• Options
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    Baltimore PD apparently did a lot of injustices and people from all over the state showed up and nearly destroyed the city, ok let's move along to the other instances where both Black AND white police officers were shot at by Black Americans because they were " Angry" There is no denying that outside of the Baltimore area that most black youths shot by police brought it upon themselves

You already stated that this sort of racism doesn't exist. It does.

Honestly, when it comes to police shootings, I find myself siding with the officer in many regards. But that's only .000001% of the problem. ELEVEN THOUSAND arrests were made in Baltimore alone without cause during a five year period. That's the sort of institutional racism black men and women are complaining about. The shootings are what gets publicized, but getting pulled over for no reason (like the tens of thousands of reported times in Baltimore) or the unconstitutional stops in the street or the prolonged detainment are what is causing these problems.

A black man in Baltimore can be minding his own business and get stopped by a police officer for no reason. That black man can be hand cuffed and "curbed" for an hour while the officer looks to see if he has a warrant. After the officer finds nothing, the black man can go. This could happen to him several times a week. This HAS happened. This is still happening.

The shootings aren't what angers me, it's the lack of respect for out Constitution that angers me and a lot of minorities. It's absolutely inexcusable.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Craig it is always fun to see someone keep spouting off when they are entirely clueless. Do some actual research, it is not hard, and educate yourself.

Perkdog - "There is no denying that outside of the Baltimore area that most black youths shot by police brought it upon themselves" actually the point is that Baltimore is not alone. The DOJ reports show the same thing over and over and over whenever they investigate law enforcement. But don't just focus on police shootings, look at how law enforcement treats these minority communities. That is the real issue, the shootings are simply what gets the most publicity. Did you even watch the video I linked to about the individual wrongfully accused by the police officers? That is an all too common experience for minorities in this country and it didn't involve a shooting.

Robb
  • Options

Robb

Stereotype much?

Actually that is called a fact. But whatever works for you.

Robb
  • Options
    Hit reply too quickly. The fact is "Sports card collectors are overwhelmingly white men".
    Robb
  • Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

Alright smart guy, who decides for an organization the racist culture, policies, procedures etc? That would be the CEO/board. What are those made up of? Individual people. to implement the racist plan who do you use? Managers, leaders department heads etc. Those are all individuals. Amazing. And the people on the ground carrying out the secret racist plan? The individual employess/people. Wow! You mean the racist culture/policy etc of institutional racism is carried out by individual people? Amazing. Can you taste the sarcasm? You should.

All of this comes down to individual people.

You should read the report I linked. It explains in extreme detail how institutional racism works (specifically for the Baltimore PD).

"We found similar deficiencies throughout BPD’s review of officers’ justifications for arrests. As with stops and frisks, BPD front line supervisors consistently sign off on incident reports describing the basis for warrantless arrests, even where the reports describe egregious constitutional violations. Indeed, our review did not identify a single arrest questioned by a front line supervisor. And as with stops, BPD supervisors told us that they see their role as documenting officer activity, not reviewing to ensure it conforms to constitutional standards."

So an arrest is made without cause (like the 11,000+ reported incidents in Baltimore alone). The supervisor signs off on the arrest even though the incident report shows clear constitutional violations. The supervisors says that their role is to document, not review. No one is in charge of reviewing apparently.

"In addition, BPD’s disproportionate enforcement against African Americans is suggestive of intentional discrimination because the racial disparities are greatest for enforcement activities that involve higher degrees of officer discretion. In the five years of arrest data we reviewed, African Americans accounted for a larger share of charges for highly discretionary misdemeanor offenses than for other offenses, including: 91 percent of those charged solely with trespassing, 91 percent of charges for failing to obey an officer’s orders, 88 percent of those arrested solely for “impeding” and 84 percent of people charged with disorderly conduct."

The book is thrown at African Americans to the extent that the DOJ believes it to be intentional. Misdemeanor charges are created to justify arrests. Later, booking officers and prosecutors dismiss these BS charges.

"Until July 2016, BPD policies on force failed to encourage any de-escalation strategies."

"As a whole, BPD fails to exercise oversight of its officers’ uses of force. Of the 2,818 force incidents that BPD recorded in the nearly six-year period we reviewed, BPD investigated only ten incidents for excessive force based on concerns identified through its internal review."

ONLY TEN!

So, how the Baltimore Police Department was organized, you can arrest without cause. No one reviews the arrest until it gets to official booking. No training was provided to de-escalate and no oversight was provided when excessive force was used. It's institutional racism. There is a clear design in the Baltimore Police Department that allows for the unconstitutional treatment of minorities.

It's not just "individual people." I don't believe these officers are racist. It comes down to the design and implementation of their organization.

If every arrest was objectively reviewed for merit, officers would make fewer unconstitutional arrests. If de-escalation methods were taught to officers, maybe force would be used less frequently. When excessive force is used, it should be reviewed. The design is flawed, not the people.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

Robb

Stereotype much?

Actually that is called a fact. But whatever works for you.

Robb

You are becoming increasingly difficult to take seriously.

• Options
    Very simply, individual people agreeing to carry out orders from above is what would allow institutional racism to occur. I find it difficult to believe this can be widespread. It would have to be done in secret because it is illegal. If the institution is very large, many people would have to be involved to carry out this conspiracy. All it would take is one whistle blower to blow the top off the whole thing.

It seems you think this sort of thing happens organically. In reality, it would take much organization, planning and oversight to implement. Too many eyes and ears involved to keep it secret for long. Not to say it's impossible, but improbable

• Options
    You are becoming increasingly difficult to take seriously.

Once you figured out your argument is nonsense you start attacking the one pointing that out. Classic case of deflection.

However I am willing to bet based on the content of your numerous posts on this Sports Talk forum that I am right. Is there someone on this board you have met in person that can settle this? Making one incorrect assumption doesn't invalidate any of the other arguments being made. What do you collect? Once I know that I can put something up (no more than $500 value) that I will send you if I am wrong.

Robb
  • Options
    You have to send me nothing just because I think you are wrong. I also have absolutely no beef with you whatsoever. I enjoy spirited debate and apologize if I have offended you. I do, however, think you are wrong

• Options
    Very simply, individual people agreeing to carry out orders from above is what would allow institutional racism to occur. I find it difficult to believe this can be widespread. It would have to be done in secret because it is illegal. If the institution is very large, many people would have to be involved to carry out this conspiracy. All it would take is one whistle blower to blow the top off the whole thing.

It seems you think this sort of thing happens organically. In reality, it would take much organization, planning and oversight to implement. Too many eyes and ears involved to keep it secret for long. Not to say it's impossible, but improbable

It is widespread and the origins are also outlined in the report you should read it.

You misunderstand institutional racism. It isn't the intentional attack on minorities. It is the design of a policy or institution that creates an environment where discrimination can thrive. It is almost always an organic progression.

A mayor wants to be "tough on crime" so he pressures the police commissioner to enforce a zero-tolerance law enforcement approach (nothing about this is racist or illegal). The police commissioner relays the message to his officers and they begin hanging out in black neighborhoods and pull over "suspicious vehicles" without much cause (this is illegal, but not institutional racism). However, because of the overflow of low level criminals coming into the police station, the police department decides to no longer review the arrest reports of every individual that comes into the station. Because no one is reviewing these reports for arrested citizens, it unintentionally promotes the illegal arrests of minorities. This is institutional racism.

The system organically went from a misguided effort to enforce "zero tolerance" to police departments turning a blind eye to unconstitutional behavior.

There is no mass conspiracy, nothing to hide from the public. It's all right in front of us, but no one wants to criticize it.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit reply too quickly. The fact is "Sports card collectors are overwhelmingly white men".
    Robb

This is the sports talk forum ,speaking for myself strictly a sports fan here not a card weenie .

• Options
    Originally posted by: JHS5120

It is widespread and the origins are also outlined in the report you should read it.

You misunderstand institutional racism. It isn't the intentional attack on minorities. It is the design of a policy or institution that creates an environment where discrimination can thrive. It is almost always an organic progression.

A mayor wants to be "tough on crime" so he pressures the police commissioner to enforce a zero-tolerance law enforcement approach (nothing about this is racist or illegal). The police commissioner relays the message to his officers and they begin hanging out in black neighborhoods and pull over "suspicious vehicles" without much cause (this is illegal, but not institutional racism). However, because of the overflow of low level criminals coming into the police station, the police department decides to no longer review the arrest reports of every individual that comes into the station. Because no one is reviewing these reports for arrested citizens, it unintentionally promotes the illegal arrests of minorities. This is institutional racism.

The system organically went from a misguided effort to enforce "zero tolerance" to police departments turning a blind eye to unconstitutional behavior.

There is no mass conspiracy, nothing to hide from the public. It's all right in front of us, but no one wants to criticize it.

As you put it here, there also is no such thing. If there is no racist policy coming down from the top, no organization and no policy to implement, then what you are talking about are many cases of individual racism.

Things on this level do NOT organically happen. For an institution the size of BPD, there would need to be policy and implementation in place. It just doesn't work as you describe.

• Options

As you put it here, there also is no such thing. If there is no racist policy coming down from the top, no organization and no policy to implement, then what you are talking about are many cases of individual racism.

Things on this level do NOT organically happen. For an institution the size of BPD, there would need to be policy and implementation in place. It just doesn't work as you describe.

Come on man, stop being so obtuse.

It has been PROVEN to happen organically and it has been PROVEN to happen exactly as I described above. Read the freaking report and get your head out of the sand.

Institutional racism doesn't happen through one racist policy decision. It happens through hundreds of design flaws that creates an environment where large organizations can fundamentally (and sometimes unintentionally) discriminate against minorities.

No one decision made the BPD institutionally racist. It was a series of events, decisions and policies that organically created an organization that fundamentally discriminates people of color.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

It has been PROVEN to happen organically and it has been PROVEN to happen exactly as I described above. Read the freaking report and get your head out of the sand.

Institutional racism doesn't happen through one racist policy decision. It happens through hundreds of design flaws that creates an environment where large organizations can fundamentally (and sometimes unintentionally) discriminate against minorities.

No one decision made the BPD institutionally racist. It was a series of events, decisions and policies that organically created an organization that fundamentally discriminates people of color.

Oh, I get it now. It's no one's fault. It just happened. Organically.

Typical.

• Options

Oh, I get it now. It's no one's fault. It just happened. Organically.
    Typical.

The people who are at fault are the ones who learn about these flaws and choose to do nothing. So no, a lot of people are at fault.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    So only "the people who find out about these flaws and do nothing" are at fault? Not the perpetrators of the acts themselves? Typical liberal thinking.

• Options
    So only "the people who find out about these flaws and do nothing" are at fault? Not the perpetrators of the acts themselves? Typical liberal thinking.

Not for the actual institutional racism, no. That can't be blamed on one officer.

For individual instances of racism? Of course you can blame them.

We're talking about racism at a macro level, I'm not going to start blaming individual people because it's not an isolated problem.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    But if institutional racism happens "organically" then it happens one officer at a time. Why should each individual officer not be held responsible. Your reasoning makes no sense.

Either this happens organically, one officer at a time. In which case every individual needs to be held responsible

Or, this happens top down, in which case every individual needs to be held responsible.

• Options
    But if institutional racism happens "organically" then it happens one officer at a time.

That is not what "organically" means in any language.

My eBay Store =)

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The DOJ reported that in the city of Baltimore, whites who were stopped were twice as likely to have illegal contraband than blacks who were stopped. If illegal contraband was what the cops were seeking, and it wasn't about harassment, then why weren't whites stopped in greater numbers?
  • Options

Craig, are you fond of creating your own meanings for words? And why do you resent people who went to college and were taught by those "brilliant" professors?
  • Options

But if institutional racism happens "organically" then it happens one officer at a time.

Something happening organically means it happens naturally. Ten or 100 or 1000 people don't organically come up with the same "plan" all at once apart from each other. That would not be organic.

Something happening organically would be when one coworker talks to another then another.

In other words one at a time.

• Options
    Originally posted by: PSASAP

Craig, are you fond of creating your own meanings for words? And why do you resent people who went to college and were taught by those "brilliant" professors?

Oh no sir, I have been to many universities and have a few letters after my name. I had the same liberal professors you had, I just didnt fall for their rhetoric as it appears you did.

• Options
    I highly doubt it. You don't express yourself as an educated person would. You start this thread not by asking what do you think of the Kaepernick situation, but instead ask if he is a jerk. Then you are quick to give your opinion based on nothing more than your attitude towards him. This is not how an intelligent discussion is constructed, it is an attempt by an insecure person to beg for agreement to his side.
  • Options
    Something happening organically means it happens naturally. Ten or 100 or 1000 people don't organically come up with the same "plan" all at once apart from each other. That would not be organic.
    Something happening organically would be when one coworker talks to another then another.

You're not understanding.

We're not talking about individual racial profiling instances, we're talking about the organizational structure of the Baltimore Police Department and how it creates an environment that condones organization-wide racial profiling (aka institutional racism).
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

I highly doubt it. You don't express yourself as an educated person would. You start this thread not by asking what do you think of the Kaepernick situation, but instead ask if he is a jerk. Then you are quick to give your opinion based on nothing more than your attitude towards him. This is not how an intelligent discussion is constructed, it is an attempt by an insecure person to beg for agreement to his side.

You can disbelieve if you want, on a forum such as this, there is no way to know who is what.

I refuse to speak in PC niceties and do not engage in group think as you do. If I was begging for agreement for "my side" don't you think I would have chosen the popular side?

I guess I just don't have the sheeple mentality as you do so I must be an uneducated dolt.

Yeah, your post definitely comes across as the words of a highly educated poster.

• Options

You're not understanding.

We're not talking about individual racial profiling instances, we're talking about the organizational structure of the Baltimore Police Department and how it creates an environment that condones organization-wide racial profiling (aka institutional racism).

I hear you. You seem unable or unwilling to grasp the situation though.

It appears we are at an impasse. May be time to move on from this thread and talk some sports.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears we are at an impasse. May be time to move on from this thread and talk some sports.

We have a winner here.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BaltimoreYankee

We have a winner here.

Agreed, this topic is an inferno waiting to happen.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a winner here.

But we can at least all agree that he is a jerk right? Unity!

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

We have a winner here.

But we can at least all agree that he is a jerk right? Unity!

mark

Yes....he is a jerk!
  • Options
    Fergie,
    I just watched the youtube video that you posted earlier. What justification does a cop have to punch a citizen, cause damage to his vehicle, and intentionally lie and misrepresent an event as it is unfolding? If the dash cam video did not exist, it would be the words of three cops against that of an innocent victim. Has our society become so jaded to these crimes, that unless somebody dies, it doesn't make the national news? Apparently so.
    Here's the link, in case anybody missed it the first time.

youtube link
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In today's society, it's always the bad apples that gets all the media coverage. The truth is that the vast majority of police officers do an extraordinary job and are good, hardworking individuals committed to protecting and serving the communities they represent. But there is nothing sensational about that, so the media doesn't bother covering it.

I remember Bill Parcells in an interview once said the 98% of the players in the NFL are family men who go about their business and their jobs with commitment and dedication, go home to their families at night and give back to their communities. The problem is that you have 2% of the players responsible for 90% of the media coverage, causing people to believe that the NFL is filled with rogue players who spend their nights drinking and causing trouble at night clubs.

Completely different analogy in terms of job description, yes, but the premise is the same.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That analogy is terribly callous because it trivializes the impact that a death has on the entire community. In most middle class communities, death by causes other than old age or disease are a fairly rare occurence. If even one member of an affluent neighborhood was killed by cops, there would be outrage, not a shrug of the shoulders, and the outrage would not be mollified with an explanation that it was a "bad apple" that did it, and not representative of the majority of cops.
    Police literally hold the power of life and death in their hands, which carries a tremendous amount of responsibility. That responsibility should not be abused or taken lightly.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is taking the responsibility lightly? As I said, the truth is that the vast majority of police officers and members of law enforcement are dedicated individuals who perform their duties with dedication, bravery and skill. You may not like police officers, and it is quite clear from your posts that you do not, but it is grossly irresponsible and the height of hyperbole to broadly brush all members of law enforcement for the actions of a few that garner media notoriety.

This is obviously a topic in which no one here is going to change anyone's preconceived notions so I am going to side with Daniel in this case and suggest we move onto sports as the next topic of discussion. Carry on..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    You don't speak for me. I never said I dislike the police. I don't like corruption, unequal application of the law, cover ups and racial bias, and that applies to all facets of society. This subject has grown tiresome, and I say we put it to rest.
  • Options
    As a 49er fan I have grown to hate Kaep as their QB but this is the best thing Kaep has done since helping the 49ers get to the Super Bowl. This is actually much more important.

Hopefully more follow suit and by opening day most are sitting.

#VeteransForKaeperick

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fergie,
    I just watched the youtube video that you posted earlier. What justification does a cop have to punch a citizen, cause damage to his vehicle, and intentionally lie and misrepresent an event as it is unfolding? If the dash cam video did not exist, it would be the words of three cops against that of an innocent victim. Has our society become so jaded to these crimes, that unless somebody dies, it doesn't make the national news? Apparently so.
    Here's the link, in case anybody missed it the first time.

youtube link

I suggest you look into the case of Otto Zehm in Spokane. Zehm approached two girls who mistakenly thought he wanted money and called 911. A cop was dispatched. The girls then retracted their story and the cop was notified but he went after Zehm anyway. Zehm did nothing wrong but was attacked by a group of cops and hogtied facedown, itself an illegal action. He died as a result. The police investigated and found nothing wrong. The police captain, police chief, and DA all saw the surveillance video and said it backed up the cops. A local paper got the video and disagreed. Turned out every detail of the police story was a lie. The feeds investigated and the main officer involved was convicted of killing Zehm. At his sentencing, nearly 4 dozen officers showed up. In full dress blues. And saluted as he was hauled off to prison.

One of those four dozen saluters is now the chief.

But, yeah, no institutional problems here.

• Options
    Originally posted by: grote15

In today's society, it's always the bad apples that gets all the media coverage. The truth is that the vast majority of police officers do an extraordinary job and are good, hardworking individuals committed to protecting and serving the communities they represent. But there is nothing sensational about that, so the media doesn't bother covering it.

I remember Bill Parcells in an interview once said the 98% of the players in the NFL are family men who go about their business and their jobs with commitment and dedication, go home to their families at night and give back to their communities. The problem is that you have 2% of the players responsible for 90% of the media coverage, causing people to believe that the NFL is filled with rogue players who spend their nights drinking and causing trouble at night clubs.

Completely different analogy in terms of job description, yes, but the premise is the same.

+1. You have it 100% correct here. The name is actually David, no prob there though. And I agree, time to talk sports. No-ones mind will be changed here.

• Options
    Originally posted by: 49ersGuy
    As a 49er fan I have grown to hate Kaep as their QB but this is the best thing Kaep has done since helping the 49ers get to the Super Bowl. This is actually much more important.

#VeteransForKaeperick

Hopefully he gets cut like he should and this nonsense won't be a topic anymore.
  • Options
    It is not just the bad apples that is an excuse that grows tiresome. The DOJ investigations into law enforcement in Oakland, Chicago, Ferguson, Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, New Orleans, etc all show a similar pattern of unlawfully targeting minorities (unwarranted search, beatings, framing suspects, unwarranted use of deadly force, etc). These are department wide findings not a couple bad apples. Unfortunately people believe what they want to believe even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I respect the police but that doesn't mean things shouldn't change and that when they do something wrong they shouldn't be held accountable.

As for CK I am surprised the 49ers have not cut him as he has become way too big a distraction for a back up QB.

Robb
  • Options
    Ok I litterly just read that Kap is now donating or " Pledged" to give 1million to cities in need, so whatever his beliefs are on this I will give the guy credit for that. I will not post anything more on this because I don't agree with him sitting during the flag salute but will be fair to give credit where it's due
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15

Very well put.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: 49ersGuy

#VeteransForKaeperick

BOY are you misguided!!!
This discussion has been closed.