Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PSASAP

Kaepernick is getting support from active and retired military personnel on Twitter.

#VeteransforKaepernick

link

Why exactly do YOU support kaepernick? He has a very difficult to defend stance unless you just say it is his first amendment right.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    His stance is not difficult to defend if you understand the history of race relations between the police and people of color. From your comments, you seem to believe this is about rogue cops taking the law into their own hands. If that were the case, then why is it happening with greater frequency, and not concentrated in one specific geographical region?
    If there truly was any real concern about the killings, you would think that a nationwide reform of police procedures and transparency in how police are trained to interact with citizens would be mandatory. If you think it's just about the recent killings, then you obviously haven't done your homework. Did you watch the ESPN documentary about O.J. Simpson? If you think the riots that occurred after the Rodney King verdict were just about that case, then you're ignoring the systematic abuse for decades by the LAPD of lower income neighborhoods, the destruction of property by the police of homes in these neighborhoods, and total disregard for the people who lived in these homes. If you really had any empathy, and could envision yourself as one of the people who lived in a home that was wrecked by the cops, or if every time you drove into a certain neighborhood, you were pulled over and harassed by cops, you would not be the same person you are today.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His stance is not difficult to defend if you understand the history of race relations between the police and people of color. From your comments, you seem to believe this is about rogue cops taking the law into their own hands. If that were the case, then why is it happening with greater frequency, and not concentrated in one specific geographical region?
    If there truly was any real concern about the killings, you would think that a nationwide reform of police procedures and transparency in how police are trained to interact with citizens would be mandatory. If you think it's just about the recent killings, then you obviously haven't done your homework. Did you watch the ESPN documentary about O.J. Simpson? If you think the riots that occurred after the Rodney King verdict were just about that case, then you're ignoring the systematic abuse for decades by the LAPD of lower income neighborhoods, the destruction of property by the police of homes in these neighborhoods, and total disregard for the people who lived in these homes. If you really had any empathy, and could envision yourself as one of the people who lived in a home that was wrecked by the cops, or if every time you drove into a certain neighborhood, you were pulled over and harassed by cops, you would not be the same person you are today.

Do you believe that the people that get into these confrontations with police are innocent people doing nothing wrong and are just being picked on? If so you are misinformed.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hard truth that all the PC people dance around is that almost all of these young Black men killed by the Police did it to themselves, rather than not being confrontational and being rational instead of acting like the police are picking on them because of their color they would not have gotten shot in the first place. Now every time a black person gets confrontational with police and gets shot people use it as an excuse to act like idiots and riot, the media is partly to blame for this and morons like Kap feed into it.
  • Options
    Do you believe that the people that get into these confrontations with police are innocent people doing nothing wrong and are just being picked on? If so you are misinformed.

I suppose you think racial profiling is a myth made up by black activists and white liberals. You've been given the information, but you're fighting so hard to deny its existence that it destroys your reason.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Colin Kaepernick has every right to sit during the national anthem. There is no mandatory two minute flag reflection period in this country, nor should there be.

It seems like there has been an influx of Anericans wearing hats specifically claiming America isn't "great." I have no issue with their insults to my country, it's their right to insult America, so I have no issue with Colin Kaepernick choosing not to give tribute to a piece of fabric waving at a football game.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

I suppose you think racial profiling is a myth made up by black activists and white liberals. You've been given the information, but you're fighting so hard to deny its existence that it destroys your reason.

There is a site out on the internet where a young black man goes into great detail about this. His words are to make a long story short is this........Maybe if we (blacks) didn't ride around in cars causing trouble, carrying guns and doing drugs.....just maybe the cops wouldn't be so inclined to stop us.

Yes, there is profiling......but who caused this to happen?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: JHS5120
    Colin Kaepernick has every right to sit during the national anthem. There is no mandatory two minute flag reflection period in this country, nor should there be.

It seems like there has been an influx of Anericans wearing hats specifically claiming America isn't "great." I have no issue with their insults to my country, it's their right to insult America, so I have no issue with Colin Kaepernick choosing not to give tribute to a piece of fabric waving at a football game.

I suppose you think people have the right to burn flags too....and call it freedom of speech!!

Well, not in front of me you don't.....because if you do....we will be on the news that night!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    The hard truth that all the PC people dance around is that almost all of these young Black men killed by the Police did it to themselves, rather than not being confrontational and being rational instead of acting like the police are picking on them because of their color they would not have gotten shot in the first place. Now every time a black person gets confrontational with police and gets shot people use it as an excuse to act like idiots and riot, the media is partly to blame for this and morons like Kap feed into it.

VERY VERY TRUE!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

I suppose you think people have the right to burn flags too....and call it freedom of speech!!

Well, not in front of me you don't.....because if you do....we will be on the news that night!!!

There are some deplorable actions that are protected by the Constitution.

If you believe an American can disagree with certain aspects of the Constitution then surely an American can disagree with some of the symbolism the flag represents.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

There are some deplorable actions that are protected by the Constitution.

If you believe an American can disagree with certain aspects of the Constitution then surely an American can disagree with some of the symbolism the flag represents.

Burning the flag is NOT one of them! Freedom of speech is your freedom to voice your opinion as long as it does not hurt anyone else.

Burning the flag is TREASON and anyone doing so should be charged with Treason and dealt with accordingly. And any judge that allows this should be charged with TREASON!!

IF YOU DON'T RESPECT OUR FLAG AND OUR COUNTRY....GET OUT....YOU'RE TAKING UP SPACE!!!
  • Options

The Department of Justice conducted a report of the Baltimore Police Department. Their report was released a couple weeks ago, you should read through it. The Attorney General had this to say: “Our investigation found that Baltimore is a city where the bonds of trust have been broken, and that the Baltimore Police Department engaged in a pattern or practice of unlawful and unconstitutional conduct, ranging from the use of excessive force to unjustified stops, seizures and arrests."

The report describes instances of public strip searches of young women, beatings of school girls, arrests without cause, warrantless searches and countless other instances of Constitution violations. It's absolutely disgusting.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Freedom of speech is your freedom to voice your opinion as long as it does not hurt anyone else.

Do you believe burning a flag doesn't voice an opinion or are you claiming that people get physically harmed by the action?

It's okay to disagree with the constitution. I disagree with it in this regard too. I believe it should be illegal.

By disagreeing with a specific aspect of the Constitution, you aren't disagreeing with EVERYTHING the Constitution represents, just a small portion of it. Just like choosing not to honor the flag. Colin Kapernick doesn't hate our troops or hate freedom. He is clearly expressing his disapproval of the current judicial climate certain Americans face.

My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Freedom of speech is your freedom to voice your opinion as long as it does not hurt anyone else.

Do you believe burning a flag doesn't voice an opinion or are you claiming that people get physically harmed by the action?

It's okay to disagree with the constitution. I disagree with it in this regard too. I believe it should be illegal.

By disagreeing with a specific aspect of the Constitution, you aren't disagreeing with EVERYTHING the Constitution represents, just a small portion of it. Just like choosing not to honor the flag. Colin Kapernick doesn't hate our troops or hate freedom. He is clearly expressing his disapproval of the current judicial climate certain Americans face.

If burning the flag can be considered voicing an opinion....then this "loop hole" should be addressed. Burning the flag should NOT be allowed.

As far as the scum QB from San Fran........If I had the power he would be out of the NFL.

He probably will be cut anyway.....because he sucks!
  • Options

+1. People have very little respect nowadays. Again, just because a thing is legal doesn't make it right.

• Options
    If kaepernick and the like are sooooo offended by our country, they are more than welcome to hit the road. Maybe they should try somewhere with more kindness and freedom like libya, Iran or south Korea. I'm sure they would put up with people disrespecting their flag.

• Options
    Originally posted by: craig44
    If kaepernick and the like are sooooo offended by our country, they are more than welcome to hit the road. Maybe they should try somewhere with more kindness and freedom like libya, Iran or south Korea. I'm sure they would put up with people disrespecting their flag.

The only people who are getting offended are the people who are criticizing an American citizen for disrespecting an inanimate object presumably made in China. If you think there should be a mandatory flag prayer maybe North Korea would suit you well.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

More whites and Hispanics are killed by cops and it isn't even close. Maybe we should call it white and brown lives matter but that would be racist. Rice had it right. ALL lives matter. If you think those numbers are skewed because of raw population numbers, 12% of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were at the hands of police. 4% of black homicides were at the hands of policemen. That is a three fold difference. Again, maybe things aren't quite as you see them. Maybe the race baters (sharpton, Jackson) put such a microscope on this that the media hones in like a magnet.

• Options
    It is amazing that if when one is pulled over by a cop and they comply and do not resist, their chances of getting shot plummet. Resisting police seems to be a common thread in these police shootings.

• Options

The only people who are getting offended are the people who are criticizing an American citizen for disrespecting an inanimate object presumably made in China. If you think there should be a mandatory flag prayer maybe North Korea would suit you well.

Come on, really. It is not the fabric and dye people are worried about. Let's grow up a bit. Would it be so difficult to stand for two minutes and pay respect to the millions who have and are serving so this piece of pond scum has the right for his little protest.

• Options

Come on, really. It is not the fabric and dye people are worried about. Let's grow up a bit. Would it be so difficult to stand for two minutes and pay respect to the millions who have and are serving so this piece of pond scum has the right for his little protest.

We aren't hanging troops from a flag pole and singing the Star Spangled Banner to them. We're hanging colored fabric.

The flag means many things to many people. To you it clearly represents our troops, to me it represents the United States of America and to Colin Kaepernick it clearly represented a judicial system that unjustly targets African Americans. He can choose not to stand to that symbol if he so wishes.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

Man you just don't get it! It's not the material and stripes and stars. It's what the flag stands for.

I'm tired of trying to reason with you. Good bye and good luck.image
  • Options

Man you just don't get it! It's not the material and stripes and stars. It's what the flag stands for.

I'm tired of trying to reason with you. Good bye and good luck.image

It really doesn't seem so hard to grasp does it dimeman? I don't understand why some people are so thick headed

• Options
    I guess some people take the singing portion of football games seriously.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    That's funny. ??
  • Options
    I guess in our touchy feely everyone gets a trophy society, respect and honor are no longer "cool" much more cool to have a "cause"

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess some people take the singing portion of football games seriously.

What else would a 9er's fan have to take seriously?
  • Options
    I guess in our touchy feely everyone gets a trophy society, respect and honor are no longer "cool" much more cool to have a "cause"

Yeah, society is going to hell in a hand basket. What's next, the first gay president? Oh wait, that was James Buchanan back in the 1850's.
  • Options

For someone who keeps complaining about how thinned-skinned society is you seem to be making a big deal over the angle of Colin Kaepernick's knees during a song.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

For someone who keeps complaining about how thinned-skinned society is you seem to be making a big deal over the angle of Colin Kaepernick's knees during a song.

You are something special guy, something special.

• Options

Yeah, society is going to hell in a hand basket. What's next, the first gay president? Oh wait, that was James Buchanan back in the 1850's.

What in the world are you talking about? You can't stay on topic to save your life.

• Options
    What in the world are you talking about? You can't stay on topic to save your life.

Sorry gramps, I'll send you the notes, along with a calculator with those really big buttons, so you can figure it out.
  • Options
    Alright. I think it may be a little past your bed time. Why don't you bow out and let the grownups talk.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    It is sad how some people here are so blind to the injustices done to minorities by the police. JHS5120 you are trying to educate but some people just don't want to be taken out of their bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92toXdu2KR0

I'm sure after watching the video above the police apologists will talk about bad apples and what not. However it is blatantly obvious the officers knew exactly what to say (while being videotaped and recorded from behind) to provide cover for their actions. The story above is all to common to minorities in this country. All three officers corroborated the narrative that turned out to be out and out lies. Hard to believe the motorist was unlucky enough to encounter three bad apples all at once (yes that is sarcasm). But it makes people uncomfortable when they find out that the years and years of complaints from the minority community about unfair treatment by the police isn't a figment of their imagination.

As for Kaepernick while I don't agree with his action I respect his right to make it. The idea that "if you don't like it you should leave" never seems to be bandied about when people are complaining about the things they disapprove of that the government (Federal, state, local) is doing or condoning. For example, I have yet to hear someone complaining about Obamacare being told that if they don't like it then they should leave...

Robb
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    "Just because it is legally right...doesn't make it morally right" Abraham Lincoln.

From the movie 'the American President' Michael Douglas " I would defend to the death your right to say something
    that would make my blood boil" as he talked about civil liberties.

The national anthem was written by a lawyer standing on a British ship watching the bombardment of a US fort.

"......that our flag was still there......star spangled banner yet wave.......land of the free and home of the brave."

My interpretation of F. S. Key's words is that whatever our country goes trough we always manage to overcome and persevere.

We can thank the brave men who's blood has given us our freedom's. Take a look at a picture of a D-Day cemetery in France and you will see

the meaning of our anthem. I would like to say to Mr K, "take a look, these are all better men than you."

No country is perfect. We have evolved from a country where it's constitution was written by slave owners (all men are not created equal) to

a president Johnson who put it all on the line for civil rights. As a minority who has obtained fame and fortune one could say he is the result of a system

that is working. If Mr. K doesn't believe so he can go and protest in North Korea. Let's see what happens !!!!

To Mr. K "Sitting down for an anthem doesn't make you a Dr. M. L. King or a freedom rider." They had so much more to lose...their lives.

You want to change the world. Start a foundation and use your millions to send 100 underprivileged kids to college.

Go to schools and tell the kids to work hard for what you want. Anything is possible.

Not the poor example you have just shown the world.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Nobody is going to argue that racism has played a very ugly part in our nations history but let's be real here, minority's in today's society are not oppressed in my opinion. Black, Latino, Muslim, Asian, Woman have every opportunity to succeed in today's society given that they go to school, work and do the right thing. Minority's are given jobs ahead of White Americans to meet requirements in Law Enforcement and other good jobs, there are laws in place to see that this happens. It's a fact, I know first hand. We are talking about minority's that are breaking the law and force the hand of police involvement and 99% of the time escalate the situation to a use of force that sometimes include the use of deadly force, nobody questions when a white " Thug" gets shot only when a minority gets shot is it more scrutinized by the media. Why is Kap now acting like this and why is he growing an Afro and a beard? He never did this before? Is he racially profiling the black race by doing this? I think he is, and he is making a fool out of himself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jay0791

"Just because it is legally right...doesn't make it morally right" Abraham Lincoln.

From the movie 'the American President' Michael Douglas " I would defend to the death your right to say something

that would make my blood boil" as he talked about civil liberties.

The national anthem was written by a lawyer standing on a British ship watching the bombardment of a US fort.

"......that our flag was still there......star spangled banner yet wave.......land of the free and home of the brave."

My interpretation of F. S. Key's words is that whatever our country goes trough we always manage to overcome and persevere.

We can thank the brave men who's blood has given us our freedom's. Take a look at a picture of a D-Day cemetery in France and you will see

the meaning of our anthem. I would like to say to Mr K, "take a look, these are all better men than you."

No country is perfect. We have evolved from a country where it's constitution was written by slave owners (all men are not created equal) to

a president Johnson who put it all on the line for civil rights. As a minority who has obtained fame and fortune one could say he is the result of a system

that is working. If Mr. K doesn't believe so he can go and protest in North Korea. Let's see what happens !!!!

To Mr. K "Sitting down for an anthem doesn't make you a Dr. M. L. King or a freedom rider." They had so much more to lose...their lives.

You want to change the world. Start a foundation and use your millions to send 100 underprivileged kids to college.

Go to schools and tell the kids to work hard for what you want. Anything is possible.

Not the poor example you have just shown the world.

+1000

• Options

Nobody is going to argue that racism has played a very ugly part in our nations history but let's be real here, minority's in today's society are not oppressed in my opinion. Black, Latino, Muslim, Asian, Woman have every opportunity to succeed in today's society given that they go to school, work and do the right thing. Minority's are given jobs ahead of White Americans to meet requirements in Law Enforcement and other good jobs, there are laws in place to see that this happens. It's a fact, I know first hand. We are talking about minority's that are breaking the law and force the hand of police involvement and 99% of the time escalate the situation to a use of force that sometimes include the use of deadly force, nobody questions when a white " Thug" gets shot only when a minority gets shot is it more scrutinized by the media. Why is Kap now acting like this and why is he growing an Afro and a beard? He never did this before? Is he racially profiling the black race by doing this? I think he is, and he is making a fool out of himself.

You couldn't have gotten it more right. People are just afraid to speak like this because it isn't "cool" or these aren't the same things the "brilliant" professors they had in college said. The race baiters in our country have done a wonderful job of riling people up and making people feel put upon. In reality, though it is unpopular to say so, race is a much smaller factor than socio-economic status when it comes to crime, gangs and violence.

• Options
    Originally posted by: fergie23

It is sad how some people here are so blind to the injustices done to minorities by the police. JHS5120 you are trying to educate but some people just don't want to be taken out of their bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92toXdu2KR0

I'm sure after watching the video above the police apologists will talk about bad apples and what not. However it is blatantly obvious the officers knew exactly what to say (while being videotaped and recorded from behind) to provide cover for their actions. The story above is all to common to minorities in this country. All three officers corroborated the narrative that turned out to be out and out lies. Hard to believe the motorist was unlucky enough to encounter three bad apples all at once (yes that is sarcasm). But it makes people uncomfortable when they find out that the years and years of complaints from the minority community about unfair treatment by the police isn't a figment of their imagination.

As for Kaepernick while I don't agree with his action I respect his right to make it. The idea that "if you don't like it you should leave" never seems to be bandied about when people are complaining about the things they disapprove of that the government (Federal, state, local) is doing or condoning. For example, I have yet to hear someone complaining about Obamacare being told that if they don't like it then they should leave...

Robb

So if you believe this to be a "system" problem, and you believe K to be validated in his little protest against the Fed gov, then you must believe there is a directive coming from the top that is requiring local, state police and sheriff's to racially profile, abuse and kill people of color. Now, this would be a HUGE initiative and would need to be kept secret. Do you think a program like that with that many people and moving parts which would be involved could be kept secret for very long? Do you think an African-American president would go for something like that? Why wouldn't they remove affirmative action if abusing minorities was a federal mandate? In order for K's little protest against the flag and the federal government to make any sense at all, it would mean a huge overarching effort would have to be in place to discriminate against minorities. If you support K, then you must feel the same way. It doesn't make much sense when you break it down now does it. if anything, he should be protesting specific local pd's and not the fed. If the above scenario seems a bit crazy, maybe you should look in the mirror. I don't think racism is a systemic problem, in fact it is illegal. I think what we are looking at are individuals or groups of individuals who hold racist views, not a government that condones and encourages those views.

• Options
    Craig,
    You don't seem to understand CK's stand. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" where exactly does that say he is protesting the Federal government? You have created a straw man argument. Where did he or anyone say that there is a "directive coming from the top"? It must be fun to make up the other side of the argument so you can then attempt to take it down.

I don't think racism is a systemic problem" said by someone that is obviously white. You seem to believe institutional racism is a myth. There are a ton of very informative and education articles out there on racism in America. While overt racism has mostly disappeared the idea that we no longer have any problems with racism in this country simply isn't accurate.

Robb
  • Options

+1,000,000
  • Options
    Originally posted by: fergie23

Craig,

You don't seem to understand CK's stand. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" where exactly does that say he is protesting the Federal government? You have created a straw man argument. Where did he or anyone say that there is a "directive coming from the top"? It must be fun to make up the other side of the argument so you can then attempt to take it down.

I don't think racism is a systemic problem" said by someone that is obviously white. You seem to believe institutional racism is a myth. There are a ton of very informative and education articles out there on racism in America. While overt racism has mostly disappeared the idea that we no longer have any problems with racism in this country simply isn't accurate.

Robb

Well K himself said he would not show pride in his country as it oppresses people of color. When he speaks of his country, does that not mean the rules and standards put forth by the constitution and the federal government. He certainly wouldn't be stereotyping the entire population of the USA right. That would be just as bad as being a racist. The way he speaks he is talking about systemic racism. If there was such a thing, the directive would by definition come from the top. I haven't made up the argument I am responding to K's little argument.

Systemic/institutional racism is illegal. There are hate speech laws. Give it a try, you will end up in prison or probation or fined.

By the way. You have no idea what race I am.

• Options
    DOJ Report into Baltimore Police Department

I challenge everyone here to read through this report and claim institutional racism no longer exists and that there is no more discrimination in this country.

Some exerts:

"We find reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of discriminatory policing against African Americans. Statistical evidence shows that the Department intrudes disproportionately upon the lives of African Americans at every stage of its enforcement activities."

"BPD’s pedestrian stops are concentrated on a small portion of Baltimore residents. BPD made roughly 44 percent of its stops in two small, predominantly African-American districts that contain only 11 percent of the City’s population. Consequently, hundreds of individuals—nearly all of them African American—were stopped on at least 10 separate occasions from 2010– 2015. Indeed, seven African-American men were stopped more than 30 times during this period."

"Arrests without probable cause: from 2010–2015, supervisors at Baltimore’s Central Booking and local prosecutors rejected over 11,000 charges made by BPD officers because they lacked probable cause or otherwise did not merit prosecution. Our review of incident reports describing warrantless arrests likewise found many examples of officers making unjustified arrests. In addition, officers extend stops without justification to search for evidence that would justify an arrest. These detentions—many of which last more than an hour— constitute unconstitutional arrests."

"In the five and a half years of data we examined, African Americans accounted for 95 percent of the 410 individuals BPD stopped at least 10 times. One African American man in his mid-fifties was stopped 30 times in less than 4 years. Despite these repeated intrusions, none of the 30 stops resulted in a citation or criminal charge."

There is no freedom loving American who can read this report and believe the Constitution is being protected by the city of Baltimore.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Can any one that's defending Kap explain why all of a sudden he is growing out his Afro and beard? Is he trying to be more " Black"? Honest question
  • Options
    Can any one that's defending Kap explain why all of a sudden he is growing out his Afro and beard? Is he trying to be more " Black"? Honest question

Would you prefer he look more white?
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    No you are not responding to his statement. You are interpreting it as you see fit and then taking down your interpretation. What is ironic is that you show how uninformed your interpretation is by how easily you refute it.

LOL that you would tie institutional racism and "hate speech laws". You really have no idea what you are talking about. You do realize that "institutional racism" doesn't apply to individuals right? So the whole "give it a try" shows an utter and complete lack of understanding. Here is a definition for you stolen from the internet : "The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behavior which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people". You really should do some research about implicit bias and institutional racism, better yet get a group of your minority friends together and ask them about their experiences with racism.

Sports card collectors are overwhelmingly white men and given your posts in general it is a pretty sure bet but you never know I guess.

Robb
  • Options

No I would prefer him not to all of a sudden change his appearance because he feels that it makes him more Black. And I would like you to answer my question
  • Options

No I would prefer him not to all of a sudden change his appearance because he feels that it makes him more Black.

Geez. The guy doesn't need his facial hair analyzed. Brian Wilson grew out a very black beard - is he trying to look "black." Heck, half of the SF Giants roster grew out beards. You're not criticizing them for their black appearance. Stop this.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Why does it matter what he looks like? I have no idea why he is changing his look but it is unclear how that would have any impact on his argument. While I disagree with how he is taking his stand I don't think he is entirely wrong about the issue he is raising. That doesn't mean I, or anyone else, necessarily agree with everything he said. You can agree with part of someone's argument without agreeing with all of it. Sort of like you can agree with Trump that illegal immigration is an issue that needs to be addressed but also believe that building a wall on the southern border of the US is the dumbest thing you have ever heard a presidential candidate propose.

For the record if defending CK means acknowledging that racism is still an issue in this country it is unclear why everyone wouldn't be defending him.

Robb
  • Options

No I would prefer him not to all of a sudden change his appearance because he feels that it makes him more Black. And I would like you to answer my question

They will not answer your question. They will dance around it with PC niceties, but they won't answer because they know the answer will not help their agenda.

This discussion has been closed.