Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • lilmulelilmule Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭

Some little things at the works.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I know the Perfect Fit sleeves fit really snugly, but if memory serves me correctly, I think there is still a little that sticks out to the side...have you had anyone ask for or made any boxes where the rows are a smidgen wider to better house graded cards that are in Perfect Fit sleeves? Thanks for your time...

Actually I have, if I remember correctly for it’s been a little while, it’s a protective sleeve that has a clear front to see the card but overall protects the case.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

Here is the family’s old apple cider press that I completely restored. I’ll bet some of you have seen one of these. Before and after picture.

f

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

Here’s a special picture. It’s my old wood shop teacher from high school. It’s been almost 25 years since then but he does some of the most amazing work. Here is a Queen Anne end table made with solid figured black walnut. Simply incredible!!!

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

A cedar box at its finest :)

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

As you all know, I come up with some pretty cool things. Well here is something different that I made and it's even related to baseball. Of course give me your honest opinion of it. I'm not sure how to attach a video so hopefully this works. This box is going to my son.

https://www.facebook.com/woodencreationsbyduncan/videos/2812384918842787/?multi_permalinks=2446866668908322&notif_id=1579288298022868&notif_t=group_activity

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I would like to thank Mike for this beautiful box that he made for my set of non-sport trading cards and stickers. I contacted him about it last April. We have been in communication about it for ten months. It was absolutely worth the wait.

Mike, if you would like to post some of the images of the work in progress, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks again!

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MikeyP said:
    I would like to thank Mike for this beautiful box that he made for my set of non-sport trading cards and stickers. I contacted him about it last April. We have been in communication about it for ten months. It was absolutely worth the wait.

Mike, if you would like to post some of the images of the work in progress, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks again!

Gorgeous. What's the inside look like?

Andy

That is sooooo cool with the collection. Looks like everything fits perfect and with class lol.
    I’ll post some pictures with the construction of the box in a bit.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

I am glad that you like the way it looks holding my collection. It definitely adds a degree of class to any collection, which is why I will be recommending you to friends who are collectors as well. Thanks again. May the Force be with you!

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

The making of the box.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

A coin holder for some really old graded coins.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

Very nice, Mike. I have a friend who collects rare coins. I will tell him to check out your latest masterpiece.

Here’s something way different. So a friend of mine brought over a very old Stanley planer that belonged to his grandfather and asked if I could do something with it. So I rebuilt the handles using a rose wood and totally gutted the planer and rebuilt it from scratch getting all the rust off using electricrosis “however you spell it” lol. So here’s the before and after pictures.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous!

Andy

Very cool.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

SWEET!

Guys! This is a great way to store your cards. Mine were in a closet in a cardboard box in a plastic bin. Now they are out for me to enjoy.

Box is BEAUTIFUL and not too expensive either.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Amazing. Great work once again, Mike.

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Man. You guys are good!!!! My buddy made me this as a gift. Holds around 100.

Pretty cool, is that walnut wood?

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

My recent project completed and in use. A dessert cart for my sister in-law's wedding cake. I really need to make myself some storage boxes. I have been watching this thread for years and I still haven't made myself anything.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

I think the dessert cart would make a awesome display for some cards. Of course after the wedding, we’ll heck during the wedding lol I don’t know what your sister n law would think but doesn’t matter haha

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

@lilmule said:
    Pretty cool, is that walnut wood?

You’ve got a good eye! Indeed it is.

That storage box is really nice, Tecmo Boil. I agree with Mike about the dessert cart. Decorate it with some vintage cards when the wedding is over. :)

• aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Good stuff guys!

Here is a Black Walnut the I’m just finishing up. The finish is the last thing to put on it. I did something a little different and made box joints, thought it would bring out the ends of the walnut with a little more contrast. Has a flip down handle and lock to be easily carried around like a briefcase.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

I made higher spacers sense its going to be carried around a lot, to protect the top and the cards as well.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the blue felt.

The family needed a frame for an older picture of my aunt. I thought it would be nice with the Monkey Pod wood.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

Damn. So good!!

Very nice.

A couple new additions to the picture collection. Fortunately these boxes wasn’t for cards but rather for something else. But they are pretty cool though.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are beautiful. Really like the look of the black on those.

I should try and make a box of all black, that might be pretty nice.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

Wow, some seriously beautiful pieces.

Brian

• These are beautiful. May I ask how much the display case you have hanging is? Also, what are the dimensions on it? Thanks

I made the holder to hold exactly 50 graded cards. I should be getting the glass this week hopefully then it will be finished up. I haven’t really figured out a price on it, but maybe when I’m finish I can see.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

Almost finished with this one today, just need to add the finish.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies