Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2015 High Relief Gold Coin/Silver Medal (UH8 & UH9)

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am hoping it's dust on scanner or the capsule, but mine looks like it has a lot of fine scratches on it. >>

Those "fine scratches" are probably die polish which is quite common.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jmski52... I personally wouldn't think it would preclude the PL designation.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Sent two back. Both had minor contact marks.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>Confirmed increase of $50 per coin today.

Gold average up $10.79/oz, average=$1101.50, thus the HR coin going up from $1490 to $1540

Mark >>

What time does the price change take place?

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Gold average up $10.79/oz, average=$1101.50, thus the HR coin going up from $1490 to $1540

Mark >>

What time does the price change take place? >>

When ever the mint gets around to it. Seems to be happening later in the day lately although it could happen at any time after
    the London PM fix.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mark >>

What time does the price change take place? >>

When ever the mint gets around to it. Seems to be happening later in the day lately although it could happen at any time after
    the London PM fix. >>

Price is still the same. Perhaps later today.

• Options
    I do not know why it did not change yesterday. None of the gold prices changed. Maybe they are having issues
    with their system. A chance for everyone to order any gold before prices do change.

edit; sent PM to Nooker for info. Maybe I did not get the days included in the weekly average correct.
    don't know if it is Thur - Wed. or Wed. - Wed. that would give two different answers in this case.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    bidding up to $ 5,500 on PCGS ms70 - PL closes tonight.

American Liberty PCGS MS70 PL bids at $5,500
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>bidding up to $ 5,500 on PCGS ms70 - PL closes tonight.

American Liberty PCGS MS70 PL bids at $5,500 >>

I expect this one to go over $10,000. I was outbid at $3k. image I just wanted it on my Bidding page anyways. image
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    GreatCollections has 13 MS70's available @ $1800/ea
  • Options
    PCGS 70 populations are growing by leaps & bounds. Now up to 869 MS70 and 16 MS70PL. Will easily
    top 1,000 as I predicted.

first PCGS MS70PL sold on Ebay auction for $ 6,078. Congrats Wondercoin !

Still confused about mint gold pricing calculation of weekly averages. Both Nooker and I thought there should have been
    a $ 50 increase Wednesday.

Question is the weekly average is it Wed - Wed / 6 or THursday - Wednesday / 5

If anyone knows for sure please chime in.

edited to add: Sat 8/15 PCGS MS70 population now 1,129
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Hattrick.

And, I still believe I have THE cheapest price out there today on 70 grade High Reliefs (stated for informational purposes only, although I understand getting close to the line of "objection, Spam").

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GreatCollections has 13 MS70's available @ $1800/ea >>

Not if you add the 10% buyers fee, compared to those auctions with free s&h on eBay listed in the Coins - Commemorative category. ( 2% eBay bucks eligible + 1% PayPal credit or cc rebate) I use PayPal credit like a credit card, to be pif when billed)
    I have no idea why so many bullion dealers are listing them in the gold bullion category, which does not qualify for eBay bucksimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>GreatCollections has 13 MS70's available @ $1800/ea >>

Not if you add the 10% buyers fee, compared to those auctions with free s&h on eBay listed in the Coins - Commemorative category. ( 2% eBay bucks eligible + 1% PayPal credit or cc rebate) I use PayPal credit like a credit card, to be pif when billed)
    I have no idea why so many bullion dealers are listing them in the gold bullion category, which does not qualify for eBay bucksimage

There is not a buyers fee for buy it now items on that site. What you see is what you pay. Insured Shipping $6.50 Prority Mail and $ 19.00 Express mail.
  • Options

<< <i>There is not a buyers fee for buy it now items on that site. What you see is what you pay. Insured Shipping $6.50 Prority Mail and $ 19.00 Express mail. >>

Thanks for the info. I was not aware, that there is not a buyers fee, when you purchase via a BIN at G.C. I suspect, that prices will continue to drop. Patience is the name of the game for this product.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand ebay's logic in not allowing eBay bucks for bullion. It's not like they are discount ting the fees for bullion.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Not sold out yet?

Hold your nose, this is a stinker.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New date
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't understand ebay's logic in not allowing eBay bucks for bullion. It's not like they are discount ting the fees for bullion. >>

It comes out of their profits. It started back when bullion was booming and I believe they thought they were missing out of a revenue flow.

What I can't believe is they charge their fee on shipping rather than cracking down on the few who played the game. I only charge actualy shipping and refund if what is charged is over thhe actual cost. But do yu think eBay will reduce the fee on shipping for the refund? Heck no!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Jmski52... I personally wouldn't think it would preclude the PL designation.

Wondercoin >>

No, but IMOP, it should preclude a 70 designation!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't understand ebay's logic in not allowing eBay bucks for bullion. It's not like they are discount ting the fees for bullion. >>

It comes out of their profits. It started back when bullion was booming and I believe they thought they were missing out of a revenue flow.

What I can't believe is they charge their fee on shipping rather than cracking down on the few who played the game. I only charge actualy shipping and refund if what is charged is over thhe actual cost. But do yu think eBay will reduce the fee on shipping for the refund? Heck no!!! >>

All eBay bucks come out of their profits so y is bullion different? Absurd imo.

100% agree re shipping.
  • Options
    Well, it appears the ebay bucks have disappeared from most of their "high volume" categories. You can't get is on auto parts anymore either.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Maybe after a few quarters of missed earnings we will see bux applied to more categories again. Here's to wishful thinking. image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>Major mint error on HR! >>

How cool. Figures that I read this the day that the 7 which I sent back gotvto the Mint.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I didn't even notice is this error was on the two I returned!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>Wow I didn't even notice is this error was on the two I returned! >>

I wonder how many were sent back - possibly by me :-(
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold PM fix today at $ 1,108.25. A PM fix tomorrow above $ 1,111.50 will result in a $ 50 increase in the $100 Gold American Liberty Coin. >>

It is selling slow enough ...higher price will not help sales .. if this hasn't sold out by now with prices dropping ,it must enter the dog pen with the Gold Kennedys
  • Options
    The mint price did not increase Wednesday. Confusion about how the weekly average is calculated.
    Hard to figure out what goes on at the mint. Looks like an increase is a given for next Wednesday unless gold price drops
    next week.

If the high price of the PCGS MS70PL and the low pop holds up it will help.

Also if the new found and graded error brings a high price it could give sealed boxes legs
  • Options

NGC MS70PL FIRST RELEASE was listed for $ 6,500 !!!!!!!

BIN SOLD FOR $ 6,500

I have two in a mint sealed box that are Proof Like and Medallic Aligned image
  • Options

<< <i>The mint price did not increase Wednesday. Confusion about how the weekly average is calculated.
    Hard to figure out what goes on at the mint. Looks like an increase is a given for next Wednesday unless gold price drops
    next week.

If the high price of the PCGS MS70PL and the low pop holds up it will help.

Also if the new found and graded error brings a high price it could give sealed boxes legs >>

Hattrick ....My dealer friend bought the 2015 Gold Liberty graded 69s at $75 over spot early , at the ANA Show .. later raise buy to $100 over spot

His sell price for the 2015 Gold Liberty 69s he bought ??? $ 300-325 over spot .... still under Mint Price ..

Those looking to buy the Gold Liberty ...should buy soon ....hopefully getting under Mint price ..Gold ,Silver should rally strongly into mid Sept

Hattrick ...best to stick with the 2015 March of Dimes set ....still 30 % above Mint Price on the bay
  • Options
    Just trying to pass on info to who ever it may help. I am not a dealer and most of the time not a flipper.
    I did flip my allotment of the 5 coin ASE set a couple of years back and the current reverse proof C & C sets to
    give me some spending money for what I like to collect which is mainly ASE's and silver commemoratives.
  • Options

<< <i>Those looking to buy the Gold Liberty ...should buy soon ....hopefully getting under Mint price ..Gold ,Silver should rally strongly into mid Sept >>

All I've got to say, let the rally begin....yawn, I'm falling asleep waiting. Oops I forgot to ask...what year? I'll place your prediction with the one made by 7over8 on the Kennedy gold. Not gonna happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Those looking to buy the Gold Liberty ...should buy soon ....hopefully getting under Mint price ..Gold ,Silver should rally strongly into mid Sept >>

All I've got to say, let the rally begin....yawn, I'm falling asleep waiting. Oops I forgot to ask...what year? I'll place your prediction with the one made by 7over8 on the Kennedy gold. Not gonna happen. >>

1200 -1250 acceleration .....sorry my money on gold options and futures can't afford to yawn
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    So why do the dealers sell for so cheap ?

Do they commit the money and then get scared ?

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Major mint error on HR! >>

Could be a winner!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Bulk orders with special labels now being added to PCGS population report.

MS70 population jumps from 1,129 to 2,072. There will be plenty of 70's to be had.

MS70-PL population jumps from 16 to 45

also sometime tomorrow we should get that $ 50 increase to $ 1,540 for these from the mint.
  • Options
    veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many in here are buying this coin mainly for its aesthetic appeal. If so, they would be perfectly happy with grades lower than MS70.
    Since the "lowly" grade of MS69 seems to be the kiss of death for modern mint issues, I suspect the "beauty" of this coin has little to no meaning.
  • Options
    99.9% CHANCE OF GOLD GOING UP $ 50 PER OZ. TODAY ANYTIME AFTER 10:00AM ET.

If you are planning to buy any Mint gold coins do it this morning before the price increase.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>99.9% CHANCE OF GOLD GOING UP $ 50 PER OZ. TODAY ANYTIME AFTER 10:00AM ET.

If you are planning to buy any Mint gold coins do it this morning before the price increase. >>

Was it ever determined why it didn't go up last week?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>99.9% CHANCE OF GOLD GOING UP $ 50 PER OZ. TODAY ANYTIME AFTER 10:00AM ET.

If you are planning to buy any Mint gold coins do it this morning before the price increase. >>

Was it ever determined why it didn't go up last week? >>

Never heard from anybody. I will send another PM to Nooker as he has always been the gold price update poster.

Nooker, what happened last week?image
  • Options
    When does the mint publish their weekly sales figures? I curious as to how many have sold so far.image

• Options

<< <i>When does the mint publish their weekly sales figures? I curious as to how many have sold so far.image >>

They were supposed to come out last night by 5pm ET, but didn't. And still hasn't.

Maybe somethings up at the Mint or PFSWeb. The Ike troubles, no product descriptions for the 2015 Coin and Currency, even though sales start in less than a week, no sales updates, etc.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NGC MS70PL FIRST RELEASE was listed for $ 6,500 !!!!!!!

BIN SOLD FOR $ 6,500

I have two in a mint sealed box that are Proof Like and Medallic Aligned image >>

Looks like a sacred burial ground to me. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>When does the mint publish their weekly sales figures? I curious as to how many have sold so far.image >>

They were supposed to come out last night by 5pm ET, but didn't. And still hasn't.

Maybe somethings up at the Mint or PFSWeb. The Ike troubles, no product descriptions for the 2015 Coin and Currency, even though sales start in less than a week, no sales updates, etc. >>

If I was the CEO there I would be saying " Your Fired" more often than Donald Trump.
  • Options

Took a big step backward. Returns?

07/31/15...36,686
    08/02/15...41,930...(official)
    08/03/15...42,146
    08/04/15...42,167
    08/05/15...42,076
    08/06/15...42,190
    08/09/15...42,767...(official)
    08/16/15...42,411...(official)
  • Options

<< <i>

Took a big step backward. Returns?

07/31/15...36,686
    08/02/15...41,930...(official)
    08/03/15...42,146
    08/04/15...42,167
    08/05/15...42,076
    08/06/15...42,190
    08/09/15...42,767...(official)
    08/16/15...42,411...(official) >>

Looks like they are coming back faster than they are going out.image

• Options
    The US Mint just bumped their price by $50 to $1540.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bazinga!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file