<< <i>$375 for PCGS 70 sets
    Limit one set per customer

I doubt you will see a $400 set again.....anyone else? >>

Looks like I was wrong again..........image

$414

Still 6 sets left at $375
  • Options
    taxbuster1040taxbuster1040 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    Prices heading above $550 for the 5 set sealed boxes on ebay.....
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see $465 today for (5) sealed sets (ebay #161712190333)

Anyway, for those interested in Clad Roosies dated after 1964 (and other clad denominations), check out the latest issue of Coinage Magazine (June, 2015) where Joshua McMorrow Hernandez has written a 6 page lead article on the 50th Anniversary of Clad coinage. I was interviewed for the piece.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Sets will eventually be at $75 again or lower raw. They are $100 right now sealed with limited supply? Should have gone higher, when the rest flood the market it won't be able to sustain pricing. This set is a long-term dud. The mint should have done the two dimes in gold and also included a Mercury dime.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe next week. Time will tell.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>$375 for PCGS 70 sets
    Limit one set per customer

I doubt you will see a $400 set again.....anyone else? >>

Looks like I was wrong again..........image

$414

Still 6 sets left at $375 >>

LOLOLOL! You answered my earlier question,They did indeed pull their sets they had priced in the low 200's and raised their prices...not that I blame them. I just wonder if they sold any at the lower price and honored it!
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sets will eventually be at $75 again or lower raw. They are $100 right now sealed with limited supply? Should have gone higher, when the rest flood the market it won't be able to sustain pricing. This set is a long-term dud. The mint should have done the two dimes in gold and also included a Mercury dime. >>

This post will definitely be revisited in a couple of years...image
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some posters here are trying to talk down the price of the March of Dimes sets .. but darn.. the market just isn't listening

The 2nd wave of shipments happened this week .. guess what ? the price have not collapsed as some had predicted /wanted

The price of the MOD sets years down the road is irrelevant....to today... all I see today is ... a Reverse Proof NGC 70 dime , alone, sell for 213.00 Friday night.

Not bad image
  • Options
    Best day... Getting $213 for a 70 grade RP dime is the easy part. The harder part is actually slabbing one at PCGS. My first (30) fresh sets yielded (6) at PCGS. I am waiting for my second batch to come back. While the pop report currently shows about a 1/3 grade through rate in 70 grade, that figure may be slightly high (for reasons I can discuss with anyone who sends me a PM).

As always, just my two cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Best day... Getting $213 for a 70 grade RP dime is the easy part. The harder part is actually slabbing one at PCGS. My first (30) fresh sets yielded (6) at PCGS. I am waiting for my second batch to come back.

Wondercoin >>

Yes indeed Wondercoin .. getting a PCGS Reverse proof is/will be hard..NGC will do for now.. Quality on the Dime fleeting.. I got 5 sets from the Mint

Thursday ... 3 of the Reverse dimes had the slightest contact mark which cuts out them being a 70

The low number of 70 Reverse proofs will increase demand for sealed sets .... Coin Club has sets in for NGC ,PCGS will we see
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is my assumption correct? I assume that both dimes are FS-eligible within the 30 day period even if out of the Mint shipping box, but what about the Silver Dollar?

Is the Mint packaging sealed such that I can still open the shipping box and still have the dollars be FS-eligible within the first 30 days?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is my assumption correct? I assume that both dimes are FS-eligible within the 30 day period even if out of the Mint shipping box, but what about the Silver Dollar?

Is the Mint packaging sealed such that I can still open the shipping box and still have the dollars be FS-eligible within the first 30 days? >>

no.

in fact, for the "set" label on all 3 coins, the coins must be sent in via mint sealed shipping box.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Thanks MM, now I just have to decide if it's worth not opening.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    over the last couple of years, (unless a box was damaged in shipment and required inspection of contents)
    I save such First Strike sight unseen sealed boxes for the Baltimore show. They certify the sealed box, then open it. I get to review the coin, take a picture of it, and THEN submit it. So far I haven't found any horrible coins. I do expect some with these. If the Dollars don't pass muster, I wont submit them. Saves on shipping/Insurance cost, and security.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see $465 today for (5) sealed sets (ebay #161712190333)

>>

Sounds right to me! Going higher? Doubt it. Next step - submit to the 3rd party graders, take your beating,, maybe the blind, lucky submission makes the grade, unless you looked and submitted the dimes only. MHO.
  • Options

<< <i> The low number of 70 Reverse proofs will increase demand for sealed sets . >>

Hmmm...I would think it would increase the demand for 70 graded sets and NOT the unopened sets since the chance of the unopened set getting 70's is the same as the POP or real data (1/3 or 6/30)

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like some posters here are trying to talk down the price of the March of Dimes sets .. >>

And a couple others pumping them with hype.

<< <i>This set is a long-term dud. >>

Most likely.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my sealed box of five today.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Yup...dropping like a rock image

RP70

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> The low number of 70 Reverse proofs will increase demand for sealed sets . >>

Hmmm...I would think it would increase the demand for 70 graded sets and NOT the unopened sets since the chance of the unopened set getting 70's is the same as the POP or real data (1/3 or 6/30) >>

Think of sealed sets as a lotto ticket to strike 70s.. and riches .. ....too bad some of the naysayers have missed out
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! Look what came today! (I was in the bathroom. Story of my life. Had to track my postman down the block, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten them until Tuesday when the Post Office opened.) Some quick pics...

I can tell why one of the MoD commems was a 69, there's some staining above the date, but can't tell why one of my RP's is a 69.

Repost of grades from ATS:
    2015W Early Release MoD $1 Commem: 2-PF70UC, 1-PF69UC
    2015P RP Early Release 10C: 2-PF70, 1-PF69
    2015W Early Release 10C: 3-PF70UC
    Not bad for a blind submission...
  • Options
    The tv hucksters have 859 ANACS 69 FDOI sets for 249.95

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The tv hucksters have 859 ANACS 69 FDOI sets for 249.95 >>

And I would guess they had at least as many sets graded 70. That's a whole bunch of sets with a household limit of only 5 image

• Options
    Sold out of 70 FDOI 989 @ 269.95

S&h 5.95

• Options

<< <i>Sold out of 70 FDOI 989 @ 269.95

S&h 5.95 >>

It is a nice set to collect.... a nicer set to make money on ....the TV sellers will have a field day selling the sets this weekendimage
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

GRADES IN for PCGS

Out of ten sets Graded!
    1) Dollar made a 70
    2) Proof dimes made 70
    2) Rev. Proof Dimes made 70
    All others made 69`s
    Total cost of buying sets and grading
    is a little over $1600.00
    8) 69 sets say 135.00 each
    1) 70 set say $450.00
    1) extra 69 dollar say $45.00
    1) extra 70 Proof dime say $175.00
    1) extra rev. proof dime say$175.00
    Total Value $1925.00
    After selling fee`s and shipping
    I will be lucky to break even.

• Options
    image....Wow...those grades would ruin my day....I have 10 on the way back from ATS..I hope they fare better.

..and re: all those ANACS sets on the tube...the good thing is that it decreases the possible number of sets to be graded by PCGS and NGC and it keeps the POP's down..

I did a completed sales search for ANACS sets (or single coins) and got zero hits...

There are three presently for sale that will die a quiet death as they expire..same box as TV, ANACS 70's...(all BIN's) $449, $479 and...drum roll...$589.99 plus $7.05 shipping

Get 'em before they are gone image
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Order # 3205xxx just went from backorder to processing overnight. Still haven't decided whether to get the 3 sets graded or hold them sealed. I have an NGC 70 set to ogle.

Based on CoinMaster1229's post above, I'm concerned that sending to PCGS for grading might be the same as burning a $100 bill, especially since I can't open and vet the sets before committing. image
  • Options

<< <i>image....Wow...those grades would ruin my day....I have 10 on the way back from ATS..I hope they fare better.

..and re: all those ANACS sets on the tube...the good thing is that it decreases the possible number of sets to be graded by PCGS and NGC and it keeps the POP's down..

I did a completed sales search for ANACS sets (or single coins) and got zero hits...

There are three presently for sale that will die a quiet death as they expire..same box as TV, ANACS 70's...(all BIN's) $449, $479 and...drum roll...$589.99 plus $7.05 shipping

Get 'em before they are gone image >>

Grading fees for ANACs low ,,surprised more aren't out there .. HSN took out nearly 1,600 sets..... the Rev proof 70 is the diamond ... many Rev Prf coins have poor 70s quality .. PCGS Rev PRF 70 alone.... going to $350 - $450
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image....Wow...those grades would ruin my day....I have 10 on the way back from ATS..I hope they fare better.

Get 'em before they are gone image >>

Grading fees for ANACs low ,,surprised more aren't out there .. HSN took out nearly 1,600 sets..... the Rev proof 70 is the diamond ... many Rev Prf coins have poor 70s quality .. PCGS Rev PRF 70 alone.... going to $350 - $450 >>

PCGS has not shipped my coins yet, But if they rise in price between now and when I receive
    them that might save me. I can only hope!
  • Options
    Coinmaster. No surprise at all. In fact, your Rev Pr coins graded out identically to mine... 20%. In my opinion, PCGS is grading these dimes thus far under a very strict standard for 70- "USS Hank" would be proud (no problem in Houston-see other thread). I also think we might also be surprised to see what single RP70FS dimes fetch in the near future as compared to the $150-$200 tops they had been fetching to date. As always, just my two cents. Wondercoin.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Order # 3205xxx just went from backorder to processing overnight. Still haven't decided whether to get the 3 sets graded or hold them sealed. I have an NGC 70 set to ogle.

Based on CoinMaster1229's post above, I'm concerned that sending to PCGS for grading might be the same as burning a $100 bill, especially since I can't open and vet the sets before committing. image >>

x2

My order #32058xx.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Holy Moly. Sell early, sell hard, sell raw, take a discount if you have to, get out asap, make the lesser money instead of speculating on further return MHO.

<< <i>GRADES IN for PCGS

Out of ten sets Graded!
    1) Dollar made a 70
    2) Proof dimes made 70
    2) Rev. Proof Dimes made 70
    All others made 69`s
    Total cost of buying sets and grading
    is a little over $1600.00
    8) 69 sets say 135.00 each
    1) 70 set say $450.00
    1) extra 69 dollar say $45.00
    1) extra 70 Proof dime say $175.00
    1) extra rev. proof dime say$175.00
    Total Value $1925.00
    After selling fee`s and shipping
    I will be lucky to break even. >>

• Options
    I once cherried 6 proof buffs from the mint sales that I am still certain were 70s (no issues on them)

show submitted them and went 0 - 6

I burned a lot more than $100 that day.

Likewise for these. Plus, as an added benefit, you can't cherry the mint and we all know the mint will send coins of varying quality out.

It's a gamble. (even when you can see the coins)

• Options
    How terrible would it be to have the dimes graded and not the dollar? Even if they were all 70s, would not having the "set" label be a big deal?

With such a low ratio of 70s, doesn't it make sense to look at the coins before submitting them?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>How terrible would it be to have the dimes graded and not the dollar? Even if they were all 70s, would not having the "set" label be a big deal?

With such a low ratio of 70s, doesn't it make sense to look at the coins before submitting them? >>

From my understanding, the opened dimes can get the set label but the opened dollar cannot.

• Options
    From my understanding, the opened dimes can get the set label but the opened dollar cannot.

That's my point, the dollar is nothing special without the special label. Why bother with it, at the cost of not being able to see what you are submitting?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    True

An argument for breaking up the set

It would certainly lower sub costs.

Though, for me, you gotta know I'm in for the set.
  • Options
    Last sale on a Rev Proof 70FS is now $333.

Congrats to any collectors/speculators who "ripped" 3-pc 70 sets in the low $200's or so just a couple weeks ago! I have not sold a single set of my coins to date - they cost too much to grade out at PCGS (after buying in the aftermarket) and I consider the PCGS brand the most valuable brand out there. No reason to "give them away". But, that is just me.

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Last sale on a Rev Proof 70FS is now $333.

Congrats to any collectors/speculators who "ripped" 3-pc 70 sets in the low $200's or so just a couple weeks ago! I have not sold a single set of my coins to date - they cost too much to grade out at PCGS (after buying in the aftermarket) and I consider the PCGS brand the most valuable brand out there. No reason to "give them away". But, that is just me.

Wondercoin >>

The Reverse Proof PCGS 70s price explosion means the 70s set is now worth over $ 500 for the 3 coin set..... well Wondercoin... no worry..the 70s price rise will drag up the 69s sets tooimage
    No reason to sell yet .. however if antsy to sell to recoup set costs ,sell some, and ride the market higher with the rest
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I smell a crash... right down the road. I suggest you swerve to avoid it.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup...dropping like a rock image

RP70

#2 >>

Wow. Didn't think they'd drop that fast.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>True

An argument for breaking up the set

It would certainly lower sub costs.

Though, for me, you gotta know I'm in for the set. >>

Good Luck MsMorrisineimage
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup...dropping like a rock image

RP70

#2 >>

NICE image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are people paying for sealed sets?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this some modern Mint scam?

I seem to have missed it . . . . .woe is me! I have a fairly nice set of Roosies . . . perhaps I should jump on this?

Drunner
  • Options
    "if antsy to sell"

you're talking to the wrong guy. I'm still waiting for the 2007 RP Platinum coins to take off. image

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>What are people paying for sealed sets? >>

Last three sold...$550, $575, $545 (sealed boxes of 5)

Last raw sold for $95

PCGS 69 set....$152....(RP dime alone $77)

NGC 69 set.....$165 (RP dime alone $99)

PCGS 70 set...$494 (RP dime alone $333)

NGC 70 set....$335 (RP dime alone $240)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file