Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

March Of Dimes set.. PCGS,NGC 69s ,lower PCGS 70s $335 - $406

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Have an offer of $460 for my sealed box of 5 and it sounds reasonable.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 set box's are selling for over $580 going up or down? image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the HOF gold and there were only 50K of them minted. Dropped from $1000 to $500 for both 70 sets and raw. A very short window of opportunity that lasted maybe 1-2 months. Though it seems the HOF were better quality than these dimes as far as 70s.

Seems the HOF gold is moving up in price for the raws now.
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    How many of these have shipped already? That will be tell you what is going on with the price. If only 1/3 of the mintage shipped that could be why the prices are on the rise but what about when the entire mintage hits the market? We have seen this before feom the US Mint. In full disclosure i sold all the set's i had and glad I did cause i see another major drop when EVERY order within mintage ships.
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    No clue how to tell how many have shipped. I do know that a lot of the August backorders have already shipped......interesting that we know how many were sold but have no clue how many are in collector/dealer hands. I would hazard a WAG that two groups of 30k have shipped....but have nothing to back it up.

My last order of 3 sets which was around 10 minutes before "currently available" is still backordered....at least I will actually be able to LOOK at them when they arrive rather than just admiring a cardboard box before grading...

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>5 set box's are selling for over $580 going up or down? image >>

Wow !!! imagine some sold their 5 sets for net $350.... prices going higher for sealed sets ...as the Reverse Proofs gain in value . Judging by order numbers, 25,000-30,000 were shipped last week.. Where is the crash ????? some posters were forecasting

Anyone know How the HSN ANACAs sets sold over the weekend ?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the tv people sold out of their 70s first round of shows
    I'm not sure how the 69's did

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Splits were pulling $650 or so for 5 sets, and that was a few weeks ago. Dimes at $90 and dollar in and around $40. (130 X 5)

split sample, not my listings:

link dollar @ 42.00
    &
    dimes only @ $90

and these are old hat.
  • Options
    Opened 2015 MOD ... 5 sets ... $ 510 ..unopened sets.... up to $615 - $640.. on.. Ebay.... PCGS 69s sets move up to $160 - $169

Strong numbers absorbing last week's supply ...Mint ship of circa 25,000 sets

A 2x times cost up move in sets .....in less than 3 weeks .. still says prices heading up image
  • Options

<< <i> PCGS 69s sets move up to $160 - $169 >>

Last NGC69 set sold for $167.50
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TODAY'S POPULATION REPORT

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about some of the numbers being reported by the OP and others in this thread... particularly regarding sealed boxes of 5 sets purportedly being sold for $640??? Sure, people can ask that much for their boxes on eBay, but they are not selling at those prices (not yet at least). Most recent eBay sales on sealed boxes of 5 sets have been in the $500-$550 range (meaning sellers are getting closer to $450 after fees - still not a bad gain for less than a month).

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure about some of the numbers being reported by the OP and others in this thread... particularly regarding sealed boxes of 5 sets purportedly being sold for $640??? Sure, people can ask that much for their boxes on eBay, but they are not selling at those prices (not yet at least). Most recent eBay sales on sealed boxes of 5 sets have been in the $500-$550 range (meaning sellers are getting closer to $450 after fees - still not a bad gain for less than a month). >>

This sealed box of 5 sets sold over the weekend for $599 on eBay: MoD Sealed 5 for $599

It's the highest price I see.
  • Options
    Last completed sales of sealed boxes of 5...$539, $525, $555, $560, $580, $589.99 ($539 most recent)

I should add that it probably lessens the visual grab when a seller pictures an open set and in the description it says "sealed box". Missed a few sales that way...

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Last completed sales of sealed boxes of 5...$539, $525, $555, $560, $580, $589.99 ($539 most recent) >>

Crazy. What goes up, goes down, it's ebay, eh?

Good luck all. Make it while you can.
  • Options
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...and...

PCGS 70's >>

Submit those babies. Go ahead. Do it. Good Luck. Don't post here when your brains are wondering why your submission Crashed.

Crapshoot + speculation at this point. MHO.
  • Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not sure about some of the numbers being reported by the OP and others in this thread... particularly regarding sealed boxes of 5 sets purportedly being sold for $640??? Sure, people can ask that much for their boxes on eBay, but they are not selling at those prices (not yet at least). Most recent eBay sales on sealed boxes of 5 sets have been in the $500-$550 range (meaning sellers are getting closer to $450 after fees - still not a bad gain for less than a month). >>

This sealed box of 5 sets sold over the weekend for $599 on eBay: MoD Sealed 5 for $599

It's the highest price I see. >>

One sold for $560 today, Buy it Now.
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    I still stand by what I said before. Wait until the ENTIRE 75, 000 sets are shipped and in hand then see what these sell for. If you can't see the HOF fiasco all over again I don't know what ro tell ya.

I am glad I sold when I did and I am glad I made a few bucks and wish luck on the next person. When I sold a sealed box of 5 I had a dealer on the forum offer 390 and that was shipped to them. I held out and made a few bucks more from a non dealer. Glad I did cause it's nice to see the little guy win once in awhile. I feel bad for thouse that sold in the 350/390 range to soon. I broke 10 sets up and sold just the dimes and dollar's. Took that profit and turned it into libratads....

Like I said...let's see where these are when they are all shipped and peoples cc bills are due...
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options

This OP garners info from the bay like today a ..1 set for 139.95 ,,x 5 = would be $700.00 for 5 sets , ....or 4 sets for $525.00 = would be $630 for 5 sets ....do the math dear Mike .. however you must admit after paying $314.00 for a 5 set MOD .. $550 of whatever price you want to use is still a great profit after less than 3 weeks. PCGS 70s yield better profits /potential

I have seen some forum posters rail against the good fortune / wisdom of others here.... to buy/bought the MOD sets
    Best to congratulate forum members for their good fortune with the MOD sets

Sorry the MOD is going higher yet .. HSN sold 989 ANACs 70 sets over the weekend
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the diff?

Early Releases or First Releases?......

Wonder what they will be selling for around Christmas time.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been notified that my two sets, scheduled for August, shipped today. Order # USM032066XX.

I plan to hang on to them for a while. Couldn't care less what the PR70's do or don't do. I think a set that contains two dimes with mintages less than 1/3 that of a 1916-D, and with an additional 3/4 oz. of silver thrown in, is bound at some point to be worth much more than the $110 or so that sealed sets are currently bringing.

What's getting ignored in all the hype is that regardless of grade, these dimes are major keys!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

grades in:

Brutal

Brutal

only 1 Rev PR 70

and only 2 PR $1

brutal

ouch

this hurts
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I think a set that contains two dimes with mintages less than 1/3 that of a 1916-D, and with an additional 3/4 oz. of silver thrown in, is bound at some point to be worth much more than the $110 or so that sealed sets are currently bringing.

Excellent point, Overdate.
  • Options
    1916-D -> circulation strike
    2015 -> proofs

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the diff?

Early Releases or First Releases?...... >>

Really no difference. After the lawsuit, the changed from First Release to Early Release, but probably kept First Release as a legacy for those who had a bunch of First Release labels...

<< <i>Wonder what they will be selling for around Christmas time. >>

Raw 2014 $1 American C&C set is still selling for $50, amazingly enough. (I never tracked the price to see what the high point was.) With two unique coins (which may offset the extra 25K sets), 3.5x to 4x the entry price would be pretty good. Too early to tell for graded coins. PCGS pops are very different than what's being reported here.

And you forgot the Early Release label:

All my (qualified) entombed coins are Early Release, and I didn't need FDR on the label... (photos of one of my 70 sets were posted a few days ago in this thread.)

• Options

<< <i>grades in:

Brutal

Brutal

only 1 Rev PR 70

and only 2 PR $1

brutal

ouch

this hurts >>

Wow. My condolences. Reports here are completely different than what the pops are showing. image
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Brad Hxxxxx,
    Thank you for shopping at the United States Mint. Your recent order has now shipped.
    Order Number: USM032058xx

My order was about ~19,000 in from the earliest posted order I saw. If the average order was 3 sets/each then 57,000 have now shipped.
  • Options

<< <i>I've been notified that my two sets, scheduled for August, shipped today. Order # USM032066XX.

I plan to hang on to them for a while. Couldn't care less what the PR70's do or don't do. I think a set that contains two dimes with mintages less than 1/3 that of a 1916-D, and with an additional 3/4 oz. of silver thrown in, is bound at some point to be worth much more than the $110 or so that sealed sets are currently bringing.

What's getting ignored in all the hype is that regardless of grade, these dimes are major keys! >>

Nice perspective Overdateimage
  • Options
    Well, we can probably expect sales to open up again for a few moments at some point. Not quite at that 75K mark yet, especially with returns and failed credit cards to free up some other sets.

DM5...2015 MARCH OF DIMES SPECIAL SET...74,806

They actually sold 500+ $1 MoD proofs by themselves. I thought sales of the commem proofs would be stagnant with the sets containing a proof...
  • Options
    I just noticed something about my grades

they mechanical errored the proof dime and all 10 show the non-first strike coin numbers.

So, they'll be in house (I hope they have not shipped yet) a few more days while this mechanical error is corrected.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's getting ignored in all the hype is that regardless of grade, these dimes are major keys!

I only ordered two sets because I plan to keep them. At this point they are both unique AND low mintage.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1916-D -> circulation strike
    2015 -> proofs >>

1916-D -> legacy series
    2015 -> current series

1916-D -> zillions of counterfeits floating around, possibly more than the original mintage
    2015 -> no counterfeits

1916-D -> high survival rate, most remain in numismatic channels
    2015 -> 100% survival rate, but thousands being bought and removed from market by general public via various promotions

1916-D -> demand primarily from Mercury dime set collectors
    2015 -> demand from Roosevelt dime set collectors *and* commemorative set collectors.

1916-D -> well-worn specimens start at about $600
    2015 -> near-pristine specimens available for well under $100 each

Also, proofs are often quite as popular as circulation strikes, especially when no circulation-strike counterpart exists. Examples are the 1995-W Silver Eagle and the 1895 Morgan dollar.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    Average closing price for NGC 70 sets is ~$330 tonight.

one

Two

Three

Four

Five
  • Options
    PCGS 70 set $554

Just closed now

edited to add: Amazing that PCGS 70 sets are selling for over $200 more than NGC sets.....that speaks volumes.
  • Options

<< <i> After the lawsuit, the changed from First Release to Early Release, >>

In 2006 a class action lawsuit against BOTH NGC and PCGS was settled by NGC when they agreed to stop using the FIRST STRIKE designation (and pay damages). PCGS did not publicly settle.

Since then (2007) the Early Release label has been used by NGC. The First Release was added a few years ago as a collector choice but with the same guidelines as Early Release.

So...no difference other than the wording...
  • Options

<< <i>grades in:

Brutal

Brutal

only 1 Rev PR 70

and only 2 PR $1
    /q]

Any PF dime 70's or is the above the total 70's? I never look at my online grades and play my little "surprise" game when the coins arrive. In this case though it might have been better to see them in advance. Maybe on paper would be better than in hand image
  • Options
    half of the proof dimes pulled a 70
  • Options

<< <i>half of the proof dimes pulled a 70 >>

Not as bad as sounded ,if coins are sold individually .. just as Wondercoin called.... PCGS Rev Prf 70s, in the range of 20-30 %
  • Options
    L&C has PR70 sets for $500 now.
    10 available....one per customer

This is the place
  • Options

<< <i>L&C has PR70 sets for $500 now.
    10 available....one per customer

This is the place >>

1st Strike Flag 2015 W PCGS 70 went for $135 ,Tuesday making set value nearing $ 600 .. with 70 rev proof very rare
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the PCGS sets being priced for what they are finally!

All of my sets from PCGS have the special label as well.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the cost to get one set graded with FS, MOD lable?
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<What is the cost to get one set graded with FS, MOD lable?
    >>

If using the Modern service it's $16 per coin plus $18 per coin for the FS label, not sure if the MOD label is included.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    The coins have to be in by the 4th to get the FS/SET label? I thought as long box was unopened, I could submit at any time.
    The date on the box is May 26th.
  • Options
    Yes Morgans forever you are correct... I just spoke to PCGS, if they are sent in in a sealed US Mint box as a set and the box is dated before June 4th, the box from the mint that is, you can have the special label, it is automatic according to PCGS but I would write in on the invoice anyway and make sure you ask them to return all packaging by writing on the invoice as well... I just could not remember the cost. Thanks
  • Options

<< <i><<What is the cost to get one set graded with FS, MOD lable?
    >>

If using the Modern service it's $16 per coin plus $18 per coin for the FS label, not sure if the MOD label is included. >>

no fee for the label.

• Options
    thebigeng, thanks for the info.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><<What is the cost to get one set graded with FS, MOD lable?
    >>

If using the Modern service it's $16 per coin plus $18 per coin for the FS label, not sure if the MOD label is included. >>

no fee for the label. >>

I'm surprised PCGS is not charging for return shipping of the OGP.

At the last minute, they did that with the 3 coin 2006-W ASE sets.
  • Options
    Yes GB I remember that, big containers!! Mine are in hand today. US Mint box dated MAy 27th, the date is on the ups sticky though..The fulfilllment center box itself has no date.. This is a lot of fun trying to decide what to do, I always enjoy this part.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file