Options

March Of Dimes set.. PCGS,NGC 69s ,lower PCGS 70s $335 - $406

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Prices still steady.... those looking to buy .. 4x Bonus Ebucks next 2 days >>

Edited to add:
    Did you mean to say, prices still shaky?

Just now...................
    PCGS 69 First Strike Flag Set $113.50 hammer
    add $2.49 S&H >>

Prices still hanging in there ..a RP 69 at $60.... equates a whole set for around $125 >>

Still sounds like a loss to me.......PCGS Fees and FS Fee and S&H more than negate the whole set theory you portray.
    Bestday....it's time to take a break.....relax and come back in the Fall......we'll talk!!!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Prices still steady.... those looking to buy .. 4x Bonus Ebucks next 2 days >>

Edited to add:
    Did you mean to say, prices still shaky?

Just now...................
    PCGS 69 First Strike Flag Set $113.50 hammer
    add $2.49 S&H >>

Prices still hanging in there ..a RP 69 at $60.... equates a whole set for around $125 >>

Still sounds like a loss to me.......PCGS Fees and FS Fee and S&H more than negate the whole set theory you portray.
    Bestday....it's time to take a break.....relax and come back in the Fall......we'll talk!!! >>

Hey Goldbully ... no loss here for me .. sold the NGCs. weeks ago....holding PCGs 70s in RP and W ..sold off the $1 in PCGS 70..my breakeven is way down under $250 for RP70.. and the whole MOD trade .... Nice set not to be talking over image

Goldbully..... next is to turn PCGS 69s RP into NGCs 70 ...........good luck
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>edited to add: Yet another 69 FS PCGS Set just went off PCGS $108.00 First Strike Flag Set Slowly but slowly she falls...Text >>

...and earlier in the day the same set went for $145....pick your price to post I guess

<< <i>Goldbully..... next is to turn PCGS 69s RP into NGCs 70 ...........good luck >>

Maybe....we'll see what the brown label RP's eventually go for. I did see a brown label RP on Tuesday go for $71.70 but it was a BIN image ER RP at $179.95
  • Options
    $108 PCGS First Strike 69 Flag set delivered

Looks like the cheerleaders have gone night night.............image
  • Options

<< <i>$108 PCGS First Strike 69 Flag set delivered

Looks like the cheerleaders have gone night night.............image >>

Come on there Goldbully .. you left out the other ebay sales tonight of PCGS 69s 1st Strike range $124 - $142.... sleep good
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I just got my five sets from the Mint yesterday. Would you leave them in the original Mint unsealed outer package and store them until the RP prices stabilize?

Is this a keeper for a while (3-5 years)?

I can make a small profit selling unopened on the Bay but after reading through this thread, seems it may be a tad premature.

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options

<< <i> Still sounds like a loss to me.......PCGS Fees and FS Fee and S&H more than negate the whole set theory you portray. >>

The intended goal of submitting the set was NOT to get mostly 69's back but to get a reasonable number of 70's along with those 69's. This did not pan out for whatever reason. I have no idea what the actual percentage of 70's is (which I find hard to grasp) but if collectors knew in advance that around 90% of their coins would not get a 70 grade there would have been either way fewer submissions, adherence to a 70 only minimum grade or submission elsewhere.

The ONLY fact known is that there are 526 RP 70's and 1362 69's out there....no clue what the real percentage of those coins to coins submitted is
  • Options
    Ebay seller listing MOD Dimes .. WITH SPOTs
  • Options
    $64 PCGS 69 FS Flag RP Dime
    add $2.49 S&H

What's not to like?

Sure beats the alternative.......buy from Mint, ship to PCGS, pay fees, wait for results.......
  • Options

<< <i>$64 PCGS 69 FS Flag RP Dime
    add $2.49 S&H

What's not to like?

Sure beats the alternative.......buy from Mint, ship to PCGS, pay fees, wait for results....... >>

There is another alternative outcome....RP70....unless your reason for submitting is to actually get an RP69...if so then it makes perfect sense to just buy one.
  • Options

<< <i> I just got my five sets from the Mint yesterday. Would you leave them in the original Mint unsealed outer package and store them until the RP prices stabilize? >>

Unopened 5 set box sold yesterday for $479.99 with free shipping....($96/set)

Raw opened sets are selling for between $97-125

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got my five sets from the Mint yesterday. Would you leave them in the original Mint unsealed outer package and store them until the RP prices stabilize?

Is this a keeper for a while (3-5 years)?

I can make a small profit selling unopened on the Bay but after reading through this thread, seems it may be a tad premature.

image >>

It sounds like you are too late for first strike cut-off. If this is the case, then selling them unopened is merely proof that you haven't pre-inspected them for gems. This may be good or bad. If you are selling all 5 and not keeping gems, and they are past the first strike cut-off, you may get more money if you sell them opened with great pictures showing them in gem state. On the other hand, if they are dogs, opening them and trying to sell them that way will likely get you less money. But, someone who just wants a set may still pay over issue for a dog set.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    2015 P MARCH OF DIMES Roosevelt Dime REVERSE PROOF PR69 First Stike Flag Label....$68.95 and free S&H

No Sale
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2015 P MARCH OF DIMES Roosevelt Dime REVERSE PROOF PR69 First Stike Flag Label....$68.95 and free S&H

No Sale >>

That link shows one that was sold at the BIN and that the auction was ended early by the seller, likely because the other was sold off ebay.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I bought one on the Bay a couple of days ago for $50.12 with free shipping....not much love for the 69's
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update as I'm not sure the best offers show easily... I sold a pair of coins, one 2015-W Proof PR70DCAM FS and a 2015-P Reverse Proof PR70 FS for $400 on Saturday. I had them listed for the last couple of weeks with a high BIN price and even turned down an offer of $500 a couple of weeks ago when they were a little hotter... oh well!!!

I also see a pair of dimes in 69 (PR69DCAM and reverse proof PR69) at auction now that will end Sunday evening. I especially think it's interesting that it's already bid up to $112.50 when at least two other sellers and myself have BIN listings for the same exact thing for $99-$109... my BIN is currently at $99.95 or best offer and I haven't even gotten a bite on it image eBay can be fun!!!

Still not very many PCGS reverse proof 70s showing up on eBay, just a few here and there. Lots of 2015-W PR70DCAMs though and they're all over the place going as low as $50 or so, but sometimes up to $100... I sold several between $120 and $140 a couple of weeks ago before eBay got flooded with them... no way I'm going to be selling any of those for $50-$60, would rather keep them than practically break even on them!

• Options

<< <i>Just to update as I'm not sure the best offers show easily... I sold a pair of coins, one 2015-W Proof PR70DCAM FS and a 2015-P Reverse Proof PR70 FS for $400 on Saturday. I had them listed for the last couple of weeks with a high BIN price and even turned down an offer of $500 a couple of weeks ago when they were a little hotter... oh well!!!

I also see a pair of dimes in 69 (PR69DCAM and reverse proof PR69) at auction now that will end Sunday evening. I especially think it's interesting that it's already bid up to $112.50 when at least two other sellers and myself have BIN listings for the same exact thing for $99-$109... my BIN is currently at $99.95 or best offer and I haven't even gotten a bite on it image eBay can be fun!!!

Still not very many PCGS reverse proof 70s showing up on eBay, just a few here and there. Lots of 2015-W PR70DCAMs though and they're all over the place going as low as $50 or so, but sometimes up to $100... I sold several between $120 and $140 a couple of weeks ago before eBay got flooded with them... no way I'm going to be selling any of those for $50-$60, would rather keep them than practically break even on them! >>

A PCGS 70s set sold for $ 355 today.... a 69 set sold for $102.00.. while a 69 set later sold for 124.00.. Price correction in progressimage
  • Options
    And a pair of just the two dimes in PCGS 69 sold for $132!! And they were not First Strike strike either!

We can cherrypick the sale prices either way it seems as the results are all over the place on these.

• Options
    Looks like PCGS 69 First Strike Flag sets are settling around $110 del'd

That's why I cancelled my 5 set order.....too many 69's and that is a losing proposition if you submit.

Just now...........
    PCGS 69 FS Flag Set
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like PCGS 69 First Strike Flag sets are settling around $110 del'd

That's why I cancelled my 5 set order.....too many 69's and that is a losing proposition if you submit.

Just now...........
    PCGS 69 FS Flag Set >>

Wow, that's a tank.

I'd say grab the fork.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I cancelled my 5 set order.....too many 69's and that is a losing proposition if you submit. >>

Raw opened sets are still fetching north of $90 and unopened sets somewhat more. I would think they would be worth hanging on to at the Mint's issue price.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>

That's why I cancelled my 5 set order.....too many 69's and that is a losing proposition if you submit. >>

Raw opened sets are still fetching north of $90 and unopened sets somewhat more. I would think they would be worth hanging on to at the Mint's issue price. >>

If you can get north of 50% profit....take it now....or pay the piper! image
  • Options
    MOD sets still hanging in there ,after 2 months in circulation .... it will follow Anniv sets in popularity for a long time
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MOD sets still hanging in there ,after 2 months in circulation .... it will follow Anniv sets in popularity for a long time >>

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>MOD sets still hanging in there ,after 2 months in circulation .... it will follow Anniv sets in popularity for a long time >>

image >>

imageimageimage
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last order just shipped, placed 5/8 @ 1:36 PM

Order# USM03238XXX
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

imageimage >>

Have a good holiday
  • Options
    My backordered in-the-last-10 minutes-of-availability order has shipped....I will finally get to see what they look like in their natural surroundings
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Prices for the PGS 70s dipped to 335.00 over the weekend....69s held steady

The PCGS 70s nearing the price where the $554 high, is confirmed as THE high
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunday June 07, 2015 3:09 PM

BIN $599 SIL $299

-------------------------
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

As I said a month ago. SIL $ 299
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>Sunday June 07, 2015 3:09 PM

BIN $599 SIL $299

-------------------------
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

As I said a month ago. SIL $ 299 >>

No not there .. at that price $299... for very good reason..... breakdown number is lower .... prices making lower highs .. lower lows on the 70s
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone recieved their coins in the usmint orginal box like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252019135785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone recieved their coins in the usmint orginal box like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252019135785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 >>

How does one get 50 sets ordered, times 2.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252019135785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 >>

Considering there was a household limit of 5 sets for nearly all of the sales that were done by the Mint on this set, except for a few hundred sets that sold when sales briefly reopened a little over a week later, I'd guess that not many were sent out like that. In fact, it doesn't look like those boxes were sent out at all as the shipping label says it was sent from the West Point Mint to the US Mint shipping facility in Memphis. Perhaps these boxes fell of the truck????

Are they yours? I've seen you post 100 sets for sale in one box on the BST, but these look like 2 boxes of 50 each. Something fishy here perhaps?
  • Options

<< <i>

Considering there was a household limit of 5 sets for nearly all of the sales that were done by the Mint on this set, except for a few hundred sets that sold when sales briefly reopened a little over a week later, I'd guess that not many were sent out like that. In fact, it doesn't look like those boxes were sent out at all as the shipping label says it was sent from the West Point Mint to the US Mint shipping facility in Memphis. Perhaps these boxes fell of the truck????

Are they yours? I've seen you post 100 sets for sale in one box on the BST, but these look like 2 boxes of 50 each. Something fishy here perhaps? >>

Yes, those are mine. It's come with a big box and contained 2 boxes of 50 set in it. I ordered after 1 week the mint changed household limit.
  • Options

<< <i>

How does one get 50 sets ordered, times 2. >>

This is a box for bulk orders.... like the TV coin sellers got for the MOD sets ... curious how an intact box was distributed to public
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is a box for bulk orders.... like the TV coin sellers got for the MOD sets ... curious how an intact box was distributed to public >>

Well, I guess that's how distrubitor recieved from the mint, and since I have a even order. No point for them to open up the box and re box it again. Just like those 2014 $1 and currency set last year. I believe a lot receive it in white box of 25 sets, and got their order combined to one big shipment.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is a box for bulk orders.... like the TV coin sellers got for the MOD sets ... curious how an intact box was distributed to public >>

What about household limits?
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Things that make you go hmmmmm....

2 days left...PCGS PF67 FS Reverse Proof at $117..plus $2.75 shipping (44 bids)

RP67

Sold....PCGS PF69 FS Reverse Proof...at $57 with free shipping (15 bids)

RP69

So I have had it backward? The LOWER the grade the better?
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, did this thread turn into yesterday's news....

I did snag another 5 sets when the Mint took some late orders, and it shipped last week. Who knows what these coins will look like!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Man, did this thread turn into yesterday's news.... >>

The Truman C&C sets are the hot items now, featuring less than 1/4 the mintage of the March of Dimes sets.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Sealed sets are trending lower around $80 per sealed set, not much over issue price of $61.95. I won't be selling my sealed sets anytime soon.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Mint really also hurt these sets when they started selling them (100) at a time.... if even for a day or two.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file