Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

March Of Dimes set.. PCGS,NGC 69s ,lower PCGS 70s $335 - $406

Comments

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Also sold a 2015-W PCGS First Strike regular silver proof dime in PR70 for $140. Just doesn't seem like those should be worth that much less than the reverse proof, but oh well image Mike >>

The price of the 2015-W is driven by date/mintmark/composition scarcity. The reverse proof has these attributes plus a unique finish, which explains the higher price. If more reverse proof dimes appear in the future, the prices of the two 2015 dimes will likely start to equalize.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    5/30.....Last sealed box of 5 sold for $504.01....last raw opened set sold for $125

...........Last NGC70 set...$335.....last PCGS 70 set...$535

...........Last NGC69 set...$133.....last PCGS 69 set....$148.50

...........Last ANACS set (69 or 70).....none but a few 70's for sale from $449-596 image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you did good Mike image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting one of my two sets graded by PCGS. I don't want a membership since I'm only having this one item graded. I checked for authorized dealers to go through near Detroit and there doesn't appear to be any. Any suggestions? Thanks
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>5/30.....Last sealed box of 5 sold for $504.01....last raw opened set sold for $125

...........Last NGC70 set...$335.....last PCGS 70 set...$535

...........Last NGC69 set...$133.....last PCGS 69 set....$148.50

...........Last ANACS set (69 or 70).....none but a few 70's for sale from $449-596 image >>

Thanks very much for the update!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was thinking of getting one of my two sets graded by PCGS. I don't want a membership since I'm only having this one item graded. I checked for authorized dealers to go through near Detroit and there doesn't appear to be any. Any suggestions? Thanks >>

is the mint's shi[ping box still sealed?

the chances of getting a 70-70-70, is very much less than cherry-cherry-cherry on a slot machine

you're much more likely to pull a 69-69-69 set. There's an off chance one comes back lower than a 69 and an off chance one comes back a 70.

There are dealers here (BST) that could submit them for you. They'd likely want you to pay up front. I'd require them to use a separate submit form and make the order "shared" so you can see it when pcgs logs it in.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Look who is jumping in The Vegas boy's ............. >>

Yup, mentioned that a few posts above. The set i saw sell (at a premium) was a 69 set[

another one

Text
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was thinking of getting one of my two sets graded by PCGS. I don't want a membership since I'm only having this one item graded. I checked for authorized dealers to go through near Detroit and there doesn't appear to be any. Any suggestions? Thanks >>

There's one listed in Detroit:

Numismatic Properties, Ltd.
    Michael Dady
    810-838-2224
    Detroit , MI

Linked
  • Options

<< <i>

is the mint's shi[ping box still sealed? No, I had to see 'em.

the chances of getting a 70-70-70, is very much less than cherry-cherry-cherry on a slot machine Not very good odds indeed.

you're much more likely to pull a 69-69-69 set. There's an off chance one comes back lower than a 69 and an off chance one comes back a 70.

There are dealers here (BST) that could submit them for you. They'd likely want you to pay up front. I'd require them to use a separate submit form and make the order "shared" so you can see it when pcgs logs it in. >>

That's probably what I'll do, Thanks.
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to this thread for the hype to buy the maximum 5 set limit. Now, tonight with the Hype to sell, I sold my 5 unopened sets for $551.00 on the "Bay"

I'm usually not a flipper, but I wasn't into these.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot find any PCGS 70 sets on eBay.....are they all gone for now?
  • Options
    There 4 listings offering pcgs 70 Sets

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>There 4 listings offering pcgs 70 Sets >>

got a link?
  • Options
    here's one

Wondercoin has 3 opening @ 1500...

• Options

<< <i>here's one

Wondercoin has 3 opening @ 1500... >>

Thank you

Just now PCGS 69 set on eBay lowers in price
    $129.50
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices are finally beginning to drop ... it's about time
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Last sales...PCGS70 $504

................NGC70...$346

................PCGS69.$129.50

................NGC..no 69 sets sold 5/31
  • Options

<< <i>Prices are finally beginning to drop ... it's about time >>

MOD prices made a short term top last week ... after a low ...prices for the MOD 70s will continue higher

Finally drop ?? after a 2x move higher .. lol
  • Options
    prices for the MOD 70s will continue higher

For your sake I hope you are right, but I just don't see it.....down trend is on the way.

One example, L&C has had 10 sets and now 2 available in 70 PCGS for $500.....they have been available for over 3 days.

The demand is shrinking.
  • Options

<< <i>prices for the MOD 70s will continue higher

For your sake I hope you are right, but I just don't see it.....down trend is on the way.

One example, L&C has had 10 sets and now 2 available in 70 PCGS for $500.....they have been available for over 3 days.

The demand is shrinking. >>

The initial wave of buying has subsided .. now prices will correct .. see my other post last weekend that called for a price top . I posted ,to sell to cover money in that was in the sets ,and let the rest ride

The coming MOD price correction will be no different , than what happened to the 2006 Anniv Sets ,the 2008 Rev of 2007 Silver Eagle, and the 2011 Silver Anniv sets.... to name a few
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Prices are finally beginning to drop ... it's about time >>

MOD prices made a short term top last week ... after a low ...prices for the MOD 70s will continue higher

Finally drop ?? after a 2x move higher .. lol >>

one
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>prices for the MOD 70s will continue higher

The demand is shrinking. >>

The initial wave of buying has subsided .. now prices will correct .. see my other post last weekend that called for a price top . I posted ,to sell to cover money in that was in the sets ,and let the rest ride

The coming MOD price correction will be no different , than what happened to the 2006 Anniv Sets ,the 2008 Rev of 2007 Silver Eagle, and the 2011 Silver Anniv sets.... to name a few >>

two
  • Options
    reconcile one and two
  • Options

<< <i>reconcile one and two >>

Look at the will be/or present .. prices correcting ...... after prices bottom ,another leg up higher

• Options
    It'd be nice.

I hope you're right

I do see the tv hucksters pushing these like they do the 2014 Sacs.

• Options

<< <i>It'd be nice.

I hope you're right

I do see the tv hucksters pushing these like they do the 2014 Sacs. >>

Yes,,,,, but the hucksters also direct some of that demand to Ebay.. 2014 Sacs are still holding up quite well ..... still with around a 3x gain
  • Options
    Three more day's and I think the 1St strike box's will do a bit better then the open set's, Just me dumb Type2 thinking. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

I would suggest trying this guy Coins & Stamps, Inc. Richard Spieske 313-885-4200 Grosse Pointe City, MI, US

As far as being near Detroit, if you can drive, then this place is generally only 15 minutes from Detroit on Mack Ave, just a rock toss up the street from my office.
  • Options

<< <i>Three more day's and I think the 1St strike box's will do a bit better then the open set's, Just me dumb Type2 thinking. image >>

Yes but the FS POP is not a finite number since sealed boxes can always be submitted.

It will be interesting to see what the ER numbers are ATS whenever they decide to publish their POPs...that number will be a final number. I would also like to see how many sets ANACS sucked out of the mix but I have never gotten an appropriate POP number there...
  • Options
    Wont it be funny if it turns out that the baby dollar is the coin we all should have grabbed, Just because if you opened a set it's just a commend not tied to the set and a lot of collectors took the dimes and just sent them in living the poor baby homeless with no where to go. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>Wont it be funny if it turns out that the baby dollar is the coin we all should have grabbed, >>

Hmmmm.....that WOULD be weird..

PCGS PF70 (Set label) last sale....$72.58

NGC PF70 (Set label) last sale......$100

I did get more RP 70's than $1 70's.....

but at 500k combined I think it will be a stretch to give the "set" label that much credit in the long run but who knows
  • Options
    Here's was my plan and outcome:

I collect modern sets as my username suggest. My Roosie's are in a full Dansco including MS and Proofs, planchets in clad and silver and the 96w. Gosh, I need to add the new 2015 W Proof and Proof Reverse coins to stay complete.

I bought five sets, sold unopened for $575; less US Mint purchase, shipping, postage, insurance, Bay and PayPal charges, AND purchased the two coins for $85.00 on the Bay. I now have a balance of $72.00 and two new coins for my collection! Not too shabby.
    William
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that after the round 2 returns and cancellations, we'll see another 30 second sales window.

DM5....2015 MARCH OF DIMES SPECIAL SET....74,976

Within the past couple of days, it changed from backorder to currently unavailable...
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my grades back on the sets I sent in, they SUCKED! 9 coins failed to grade with a minimum grade of 65 image
  • Options

<< <i>I got my grades back on the sets I sent in, they SUCKED! 9 coins failed to grade with a minimum grade of 65 image >>

How is that possible? Please elaborate!!
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I suspect that after the round 2 returns and cancellations, we'll see another 30 second sales window.

DM5....2015 MARCH OF DIMES SPECIAL SET....74,976

Within the past couple of days, it changed from backorder to currently unavailable... >>

My order has been on backorder for more than 3 weeks now...
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I got my grades back on the sets I sent in, they SUCKED! 9 coins failed to grade with a minimum grade of 65"

I am not all that surprised that the "bad coins" were really bad. Most folks who simply "min grade" 69 never know just how bad the rejects truly are.

It has been widely reported here that an estimated 10-20% of the RP dimes are worthy of PCGS 70's. I am not sure why PCGS has been so darn strict on the grading of these RP dimes, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN CONSISTENTLY STRICT and that is all that matters to me. It is also why I will not sell my PCGS 70 sets at this time for less than $500 or more each on ebay. They are just too darn costly to make!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got my grades back on the sets I sent in, they SUCKED! 9 coins failed to grade with a minimum grade of 65 image >>

How is that possible? Please elaborate!! >>

I sent in a handful of sets, put a minimum grade of 65, and 9 NG0 (no grades) as they would have graded 64 or below i suppose. I think I averaged about 15% 70's over all the coins, the 10c proof had the highest and the 10c RP had the lowest.
  • Options
    I feel for you jessewvu

• Options
    I'll be just fine! Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't win. I'm a long hauler image
  • Options
    Just ended, PCGS 70 set.....bestday and wondercoin, how do you see it?

$425
    Big drop tonight.
  • Options

<< <i>I'll be just fine! Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't win. I'm a long hauler image >>

did you order at noon?

when did your boxes ship?

(I'm fishing to see if you got someone else's returns)

• Options

<< <i>Just ended, PCGS 70 set.....bestday and wondercoin, how do you see it?

$425
    Big drop tonight. >>

looks like those wanting 70s have them.

But, again, I remind that these are probably going to continue to be on tv like the 2014 Sacs. So, maybe they get some upwards sympathy action from that.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

$425
    Big drop tonight. >>

Never know with auctions... maybe just a bad time to end on a Monday evening. Wouldn't say one auction result is indicative of a market drop.

Perhaps some folks do not like those "special" labels vs. the regular PCGS label. Seems like all of the coins in those labels have been selling slightly below the old school PCGS First Strike labeled coins. I chose not to have my coins graded with those special labels as all of the info is on the back of the slab so if I ever had them in a showcase I'd either have to have them upside down or I'd have to answer questions from everyone looking in the case... what's that coin? what grade? first strike? etc...

But $425 for a set of 70s seems cheap when I sold a few reverse proof 70s this weekend over $350 each and a few regular proof 70s for $125-$150. When wondercoin mentioned a price of $500 for a set, that seemed like he was giving the dollar away for free image

• Options
    I just figured they all came that way. I hope mine come with the traditional flag.

(mechanical error fixed last week, but it hasn't shipped yet. I think I'll give them a call tuesday)

• Options

$425
    Big drop tonight. >>

Continuation of decline .. but the $425.00 looks like an outlier for now .. price should stay between 425 - 475 for now .....

The multiple set PCGS 70 offering on ebay did nail in the top for now
  • Options

<< <i>

$425
    Big drop tonight. >>

Never know with auctions... maybe just a bad time to end on a Monday evening. Wouldn't say one auction result is indicative of a market drop.

Perhaps some folks do not like those "special" labels vs. the regular PCGS label. Seems like all of the coins in those labels have been selling slightly below the old school PCGS First Strike labeled coins. I chose not to have my coins graded with those special labels as all of the info is on the back of the slab so if I ever had them in a showcase I'd either have to have them upside down or I'd have to answer questions from everyone looking in the case... what's that coin? what grade? first strike? etc...

But $425 for a set of 70s seems cheap when I sold a few reverse proof 70s this weekend over $350 each and a few regular proof 70s for $125-$150. When wondercoin mentioned a price of $500 for a set, that seemed like he was giving the dollar away for free image >>

he has 3 for an opening bid of 1500 now.....

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

$425
    Big drop tonight. >>

But $425 for a set of 70s seems cheap when I sold a few reverse proof 70s this weekend over $350 each and a few regular proof 70s for $125-$150. When wondercoin mentioned a price of $500 for a set, that seemed like he was giving the dollar away for free image >>

he has 3 for an opening bid of 1500 now.....

image >>

Wondercoin 's listings has missed the market lower...... now... I see the PCGS 70s range for next several days .. $390- $450....
  • Options
    "Just ended, PCGS 70 set.....bestday and wondercoin, how do you see it?"

My two cents...

The W Dime and $1 Commem in 70 grade are drifting towards the $60/coin level each (call it $125/pair). The last sales in the past 24-48 hours have been at around $70 per coin.

The RP in 70 is holding steady at around $375 (last BIN at $379) - making the set price around $500 if you want to call the other (2) coins in 70 $125/pair.

So, it's reaching a point where it is possibly not worth even grading the W dime and silver $1 any longer. After all, if the grading fee is at least $30/coin for a 70 and even if you sell the coins on ebay for $70 each, that nets one only about $25-$30/coin after ebay fees, paypal, free shipping and the grading fee. The W dime is probably worth that much raw right now as is the $1 dollar that the Mint sells separately at more than $50/coin.

Therefore, it is becoming clear that this is all about the RP dime and getting this "crown jewel" in 70 grade. Preferably PCGS as the coins look sensational in their holder with the roughly 1 in 5 quality of 70.

With (3) days remaining in the FS deadline, there are still just -171- RP dimes in PR70!

Let's compare this RP Dime with another RP coin I am a big fan of ... the 2014-W Kennedy Half Dollar Silver RP in 70FS at PCGS with a low mintage of 225,000. So, one might assume with a mintage of 3x that of the RP dime perhaps the RP half dollar pop in 70FS might be about 3x as high for the Kennedy - right? That would mean there might be a little over 500 RP Kennedys out there (171 for the 75,000 mintage dime x 3 times the mintage for the Kennedy RP). Well, to highlight the quality differences of these RP dimes, there are not 500 RP Half Dollars there are ...

2,540!!!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Bestday ... My couple of ebay listings are not intended to hit the market high (wherever that might turn out to be) or avoid the market low (which was likely $230/set) ...

I am a pretty big fan of the RP Dimes (personally) and I have no intention of giving those away as part of 3-pc 70 sets that fall through the cracks and sell below market. I have pretty much contended from the beginning that this is all about the RP dimes, although I am also a fan of the W dime as well. There are a lot more Roosie collectors out there than there are Rev Proof or W dimes in my opinion.

Wondercoin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file