Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of stuff sold yesterday:

(all FS or ER/FR)

NGC70....$299.99, $289.01, $295, $300, $284.95, $280, $299.25

NGC69....$122.50, $117.13, $139.95

NGC RP70 dime...$178.27, $175

PCGS70...$420 (best offer from a $599.95 BIN), $355.55, $415, $385.08, $398.95

PCGS69...$116.45, $125.95, $124.50

NGC RP70 dime ...$178.27, $175
    PCGS RP70 dime..$300

Sealed box of 5 (not FS)...$487.65

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Appreciate these posts. Wonder when NGC will show their stats for comparative purposes. >>

Someone posted that they were released on 6/8....

Dimes....

RP....2944 given grades....RP70..1554
    ..........................................RP69..1366
    ....................................remainder down to RP64

PF.....2968 given grades...PF70..1894
    .........................................PF69...1071
    .........................................PF68...3 (one is mine!)

Probably will be updated early tomorrow AM >>

I hadn't checked their site in a while. Nice that they finally released some stats. Interesting that the RP70's are a little more in line with the RP69's on their grader's desks.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    MOD Price correction in progress... PCGS 70s sell under $ 400 Sunday... Amazed bidders pay more for parts of the set instead of buying the whole set
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MOD Price correction in progress... PCGS 70s sell under $ 400 Sunday... Amazed bidders pay more for parts of the set instead of buying the whole set >>

Yes, and even more interesting considering the low number of offerings on the PCGS 70 set on the bay.

This FS set got bloodied quickly, more so than I thought was possible.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New number from the Mint. 36 special sets from max mintage. The Special set may be sold out, depending on how far they want to push sales.

......................DM1.......DM2.......DM5
    5/10/2015...45,384...20,980...69,050
    5/17/2015...46,179...21,237...74,549
    5/24/2015...46,733...21,380...74,806
    5/31/2015...47,431...21,499...74,976
    6/07/2015...47,839...21,613...74,913
    6/14/2015...48,117...21,721...74,964

DM1: Silver $1 Proof
    DM2: Silver $1 Uncirc
    DM5: Special set
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the general numismatic populace is already sick and tired of these mugs. More power to the flippers flipping, but the rest of us clowns are done....
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

<< <i>The Special set may be sold out >>

Ya think? image
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $294.95 MOD RP Dime PCGS 70FS FDR Label

Good price, but it's fortelling lower prices are coming.

Keep your powder dry and buy on the dips.

Flag label FS 70 PCGS RP - $329.95

Why are the FS FDR labels cheaper than the Flag FS label?
  • Options
    Been 24 hours and no posts....guess people are moving on.
  • Options

<< <i>Been 24 hours and no posts....guess people are moving on. >>

The passion may be fading with the prices dropping, Bully. Tis the cycle.

I hope they rebound so we can have a continued debate!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the prices of the 69s and individual 70s will predict prices for the few 70s sets left

I notice l&c has/had a 10% off special on all MODs today

I'm wondering where the tv guys are

I was busy all weekend. I couldn't check to see if they were pushing them.

I think these will sell for above issue price for a while. I am not sure about how graded sets will do.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    eBay PCGS FS 70 set $500
    3 available/2 sold
    Not exactly flying off the shelf at $500......I'm seeing $400 soon.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last few days I've sold 2 PCGS reverse proof 70s at $329.95 each. Also, sold 2 PCGS 2015-W proof 70s for $100 each.

prices seem down a little bit in the last couple of weeks, but not much. The supply of coins on the market right now is way down, so I would expect prices to go up once the sellers who are getting out quick are done selling coins cheap via auction style listings.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why are the FS FDR labels cheaper than the Flag FS label? >>

Goldbully, I think it's because a lot of collector's just like the "Flag" label, and its more universally recognized. And frankly, some of the special labels have had unpopular designs.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why are the FS FDR labels cheaper than the Flag FS label? >>

Goldbully, I think it's because a lot of collector's just like the "Flag" label, and its more universally recognized. And frankly, some of the special labels have had unpopular designs. >>

claychaser, that's the best explanation of the infamous "First Strike Flag Label" I've heard.....it's tried and true and a very popular PCGS modern coin attribution label.

'First Strike' PCGS Label can add insane value to a coin....I must admit I've profited from this amazing label.
  • Options
    I only had the dimes from these sets graded, & I hate that special label they came out with because it has the commemorative silver dollar on it, which arguably has nothing to do with the dimes I sent in for certification. I went with the traditional flag label as well, as that'll be more likely to better match other coins of collectors who buy these.
  • Options
    PCGS 1st strike 70s sells tonight ,for $358.00.. a drop of $ 200 from high
  • Options

<< <i>Been 24 hours and no posts....guess people are moving on. >>

The post updates were not showing up on thread ...... prices still weak for a couple of weeks .. good time to buy a nice PCGS 70s set
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "PCGS 1st strike 70s sells tonight ,for $358.00.. a drop of $ 200 from high"

So, after ebay/paypal fees, less than $325 for the set. LOL.

Essentially, selling the Rev proof dime at $325 and giving away the other (2) 70 grade coins for free! No thank you ... I'll continue to seek $500-$550/set as that is a fair level for the set in my opinion. The others can continue to "give them away". Let's see what the PCGS Rev Proof Dime in 70 is selling for around Christmas.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>IMO, the general numismatic populace is already sick and tired of these mugs. More power to the flippers flipping, but the rest of us clowns are done.... >>

This MOD set has the staying power of the 2006 ,2011 Anniv sets .. price correction in progress.. local B&M had the best MOD set foot traffic, for a Mint product in years ,
  • Options
    PCGS RP Flag Label PR70 $319.95
    In stock

Keep an eye on these, as they appear to be the best deal on RP's.

• Options

<< <i>PCGS RP Flag Label PR70 $319.95
    In stock

Keep an eye on these, as they appear to be the best deal on RP's. >>

There is one on the bay for $307 BIN.. whole set a better deal

Open sets still above $ 100.... 6 - PCGS 70s listing on Ebay .. looks like sellers going more to sell individual coins rather than the set for 70s

The top PCGS 70s seller on Ebay , has sold more than 40 PCGS 70s sets ....

Few PCGS Rev prf 70 showing up for sale .. underpriced for mintage,grade image
  • Options
    No one home bidders on Sunday 's Great collections .. 2 PCGS dimes Rev Prf 70 and Prf 70 bid now at $350 or $ 385 ,with juice for the 2 coins .. on Ebay all three PCGS 70s coins going for $ 400 - $428
  • Options
    A PCGS First Strike Flag Label Reverse Proof PR70 dime sold via auction on eBay this evening for just over $325 w/ the shipping. Seems like the prices of that coin in PR70 are holding strong.

Over the last few days, the Reverse Proof PCGS PR69 coins have come down and seem to be selling in the $65-$85 range, sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower.

For the 2015-W Proof Dimes in First Strike Flag Label holders, it seems the prices of those have softened quite a bit in the last week or two.

PCGS PR70DCAM examples are selling in the $65-$90 range for the most part and PCGS PR69DCAM examples are in the $35-$45 range.

Given that the mintages of the two coins are the same, it just seems the PR70DCAM 2015-W dimes are selling way too cheap in comparison to the reverse proofs. Of course, I understand why the reverse proofs sell for more and why they are in more demand, but the price difference just seems too great. If the prices of those drops any more or if the reverse proofs go up further, I may consider hoarding the 2015-W proofs as I can't see them going down further in the long run.

I did get back another order of March of Dimes coins from PCGS this week and the results were about the same as has been reported before. Between 10-15% of the reverse proof dimes got PR70 and about 40% of the 2015-W dimes got PR70DCAM.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS RP Flag Label PR70 $319.95
    In stock

Keep an eye on these, as they appear to be the best deal on RP's. >>

There is one on the bay for $307 BIN.. whole set a better deal

Open sets still above $ 100.... 6 - PCGS 70s listing on Ebay .. looks like sellers going more to sell individual coins rather than the set for 70s

The top PCGS 70s seller on Ebay , has sold more than 40 PCGS 70s sets ....

Few PCGS Rev prf 70 showing up for sale .. underpriced for mintage,grade image >>

PCGS FS 70 RP's still available at $319.95 since Thursday

Can you say 'bottom?'

Is there such a thing as a "dead cat bounce" in numismatics? image

Full Disclosure: I have one PCGS 70 FS Flag Set. image
  • Options

<< <i> Given that the mintages of the two coins are the same, it just seems the PR70DCAM 2015-W dimes are selling way too cheap in comparison to the reverse proofs. Of course, I understand why the reverse proofs sell for more and why they are in more demand, but the price difference just seems too great >>

<< <i>I did get back another order of March of Dimes coins from PCGS this week and the results were about the same as has been reported before. Between 10-15% of the reverse proof dimes got PR70 and about 40% of the 2015-W dimes got PR70DCAM. >>

Maybe that's why the RP70's are selling for more image not a mintage issue but a 70 issue ...seems to be near 4:1 PF:RP
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI .. check out GC (as a buyer). image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>FYI .. check out GC (as a buyer). image >>

The 2015 MODs are bid priced higher on GC , than on ebay

MOD sets are out nearly 2 months ,yet no price collapse ,, Graded PCGS 70s are volatile, with a recent range of 554 - to 354.....Still have not dropped below the price point where they become dead meat
  • Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Could be worse - there's a guy with an NGC PF 64 out there
  • Options
    IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭
    I know that I am not into modern material, but $100 in coins and $400 in plastic/labels sounds like a bad place
    to put extra funds. Think I will buy a few EF-45 large cents from the 1830's instead. Who is with me? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Could be worse - there's a guy with an NGC PF 64 out there >>

Now there are 31 RP68's....I feel better with my one...

but that RP 64 is a POP of ONE! ..and it's an ER which means it will stay that way
  • Options

<< <i>I know that I am not into modern material, but $100 in coins and $400 in plastic/labels sounds like a bad place
    to put extra funds. Think I will buy a few EF-45 large cents from the 1830's instead. Who is with me? image >>

Different beast, and different potential for price increase....one is a couple of months old and finding its market price while the other is almost 200 YEARS old and has defined its market.

• Options
    There are less than (500) Rev Proof 70FS's in the PCGS universe as of today. There are (842) W dimes in the same grade. So, there are more than (350) of these W dimes that will not go into complete PCGS 70FS sets and need to be sold off separately ("dumped" as the case may be).

The RP dime in perfect 70FS is very cool. I would love to own (100) PCGS coins personally - anyone who wants to "sell cheap", please send me a PM. image And, send Illini420 a PM on those W dimes as well image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitch is there a population number for all PCGS FS MS70 coins by grade rarity for the modern era 1986 and on lets say?
  • Options
    Nothing I have ever seen.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that appreciate modern US Mint coinage from the US, it would be good timing in addition to designation of PL and DMPL coins to have a "red book" for PCGS graded modern coinage with values for MS and Proof coinage. PCGS graded MS62 up to 70 with First Strike Designations. It would be updated every year, Pops and going values. It would attract more people into this market. Just my opinion. Yes it would be a lot of work!
  • Options
    This Sunday's sales had quite a few more PCGS vs. NGC sets available and sold...prices realized:

PCGS FS70....$414.50, $405, $411, $409.99

PCGS FS69....$128.50, $115, $110.03 (x2), $116.95

NGC ER70...$279

NGC ER69...$115.80, $114.95, $113.95

FS OK sealed box of 5 sets...$570, $516.95, $562, $530

Non-FS sealed box of 5 sets.$500, $495.85

raw sets....right around $100
  • Options

<< <i>There are less than (500) Rev Proof 70FS's in the PCGS universe as of today. There are (842) W dimes in the same grade. So, there are more than (350) of these W dimes that will not go into complete PCGS 70FS sets and need to be sold off separately ("dumped" as the case may be).

The RP dime in perfect 70FS is very cool. I would love to own (100) PCGS coins personally - anyone who wants to "sell cheap", please send me a PM. image And, send Illini420 a PM on those W dimes as well image

Wondercoin >>

Cheap will not work with the RP .. going higher .. the PCGS 70 W dime does have interesting up side potential
  • Options
    Did anyone watch for the tv hucksters?

I was out all weekend.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I appreciate Mitch and Bestdays passion for the potential of the RP.

I hope it does catapult. As Bully says, I too have a dog in the fight. Oh crap, I meant horse in the race. Or rooster in the ring.....nevermind.
  • Options
    Bestday: "Cheap" has been the strategy thus far of a number of the PCGS sellers- no? I don't expect that to stop anytime soon until some of the "weak sisters" run out of coins. I've seen it play out many times before. Meanwhile, I continue to build my position of upwards of (100) Rev Pr 70FS coins, selling one here and there to good customers in the meantime.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    MilesWaits ... I'll say it up front ... I've been right and I've been wrong before in building large positions of interesting modern coins. It's never a slam dunk to be sure. But, remember I passed on selling a quantity of coins when the 3 pc sets were selling for around $230-$250 each and that made these Rev. Proof dimes about $100 - $125/coin in PR70FS. I had a quantity requested for purchase and I politely passed at that level (and a little bit higher). That to me was close to a "no brainer". Now, the poker game gets interesting as the price of the RP dime in 70FS sits between $300-$400 and less than 500 exist in the PCGS universe.

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Bestday: "Cheap" has been the strategy thus far of a number of the PCGS sellers- no? I don't expect that to stop anytime soon until some of the "weak sisters" run out of coins. I've seen it play out many times before. Meanwhile, I continue to build my position of upwards of (100) Rev Pr 70FS coins, selling one here and there to good customers in the meantime.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin >>

Well... Wondercoin ...true ... Paying retail is never a winning strategy... Coin club did pay up for a couple of tens of the PCGS 70s sets when under $ 300

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of 70s sets with weak sisters,,,,The fact 70s sets have not broken down ,shows the underlying strength

• Options
    $500 - 400s is a bit of a break down

But the 400s seem to be holding

And the 69s are well over 100 isn't bad either

I would like to point out to the planet that a 69 set is a good set considering the brutality of some of the grades posted here. Think about an NGC 64.... A 69 set doesn't seem so bad.

• Options
    I, for one, appreciate the "weak sisters" Mitch! I love the look of the RP dime and it looks even prettier in the top holder (PCGS, of course).

You may be the last man standing on eBay as I see the available "real" sets dwindling, for now, as bigger hitters with higher feedback fight for "value" coverage.
  • Options
    "I love the look of the RP dime and it looks even prettier in the top holder (PCGS, of course)."

I hear you loud and clear! My serious business has seldom been done on ebay and I highly doubt it will start now with these Rev. Proof dimes. Like you, I love the look of the RP dime and just plan on watching my position grow for a while.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Prices still steady.... those looking to buy .. 4x Bonus Ebucks next 2 days
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The graded 69 FS reverse proofs are selling for under $60 with free shipping.
  • Options

<< <i>Prices still steady.... those looking to buy .. 4x Bonus Ebucks next 2 days >>

Edited to add:
    Did you mean to say, prices still shaky?

Just now...................
    PCGS 69 First Strike Flag Set $113.50 hammer
    add $2.49 S&H

edited to add: Yet another 69 FS PCGS Set just went off

PCGS $108.00 First Strike Flag Set

Slowly but slowly she falls........................................
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Prices still steady.... those looking to buy .. 4x Bonus Ebucks next 2 days >>

Edited to add:
    Did you mean to say, prices still shaky?

Just now...................
    PCGS 69 First Strike Flag Set $113.50 hammer
    add $2.49 S&H >>

Prices still hanging in there ..a RP 69 at $60.... equates a whole set for around $125 ..PCGS 70s at $404 - $418 next one up is at $ 393 bid

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file