Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

March Of Dimes set.. PCGS,NGC 69s ,lower PCGS 70s $335 - $406

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Toast....got my order in for some sets around 130p and now they are no longer >>

Order and confirm email at 121pm...post at 136pm states "no longer available"...

Maybe I got the last setsimage
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The missing piece of the puzzle is how many of those 69,050 were available on day one. We know that "Back Order" started around 30 minutes in. Curious minds want to know. >>

Anyone see any Graded dimes ? >>

Have seen no one selling graded dimes yet, and surprisingly haven't seen any of the big modern sellers offering any pre-sale PCGS or NGC 70s for sale... almost always see that with new releases. Seems odd. >>

Surprised Modern Coin Mart wasn't out early for the graded coins from the Set.. they were they the 1st on ebay in 2006,2011 anniv sets
  • Options
    New owners and maybe transition issues
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Or it's a soft market.
  • Options
    How can the "market" be soft when there have been zero prices put out there....I guess nobody's buying them....but maybe because they are not for sale yet
  • Options

<< <i>How can the "market" be soft when there have been zero prices put out there....I guess nobody's buying them....but maybe because they are not for sale yet >>

Previous post says "OR". MOD is not being flipped graded already is a significant change from past performance by the big modern flippers. This change shows me MOD is not going to be a screamer.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinehurst Coins has NGC sets of the 3-coins on eBay today. $119 for NGC 69 sets and $219 for NGC 70 sets. Haven't seen any PCGS coins listed yet or anyone just selling the certified dimes. Should change soon once folks start getting them back from grading.

• Options
    It's eight days past release of these coin sets.

In the past, these would have been jammed thru NGC + PCGS already for grading and sale.

Times must be changing.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is epcjimi1's post? Will it magically appear with added posts? Here's my attempt.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pinehurst Coins has NGC sets of the 3-coins on eBay today. $119 for NGC 69 sets and $219 for NGC 70 sets. >>

Dumb question #842:

Looking at their listings, they offer NGC slabs with both "Early Releases" and "First Releases" designations... what is the difference? Or is it just semantics?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The missing piece of the puzzle is how many of those 69,050 were available on day one. We know that "Back Order" started around 30 minutes in. Curious minds want to know. >>

Anyone see any Graded dimes ? >>

Have seen no one selling graded dimes yet, and surprisingly haven't seen any of the big modern sellers offering any pre-sale PCGS or NGC 70s for sale... almost always see that with new releases. Seems odd. >>

Surprised Modern Coin Mart wasn't out early for the graded coins from the Set.. they were they the 1st on ebay in 2006,2011 anniv sets >>

I notice MCM has NGC in before PCGS on the stuff I buy.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>This change shows me MOD is not going to be a screamer. >>

I guess it's how you look at it. No major graded pre-sales show ME that it might be a"a screamer" and they don't want to be caught underpricing
  • Options

<< <i>Or is it just semantics? >>

Same criteria...different words...

• Options
    I think the graded ones will not have presales, similar to marshals svc, but with apprehension enhanced by the need to send sealed boxes for the set label on all 3.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No population report on the Dimes yet. Here are the numbers if you want check periodically.

There are $1 coins populations but obviously for the non-set variety. No set attributed $1 population yet either. The numbers:

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭
    Appear to be sold out now.
  • Options
    Yup...soft market

Some dude sold 10 sets yesterday for $75 raw.......just the dimes....two dimes....raw...and dumping the PF $1 from the sets for a $40 BIN....

A dealer is selling ANACS 70's for $449...4 available....nope, make that three...one sold already (no it's not HSN image )

ANACS

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Appear to be sold out now. >>

yup...back order option gone.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Appear to be sold out now. >>

Yesterday right around 130pm
  • Options

<< <i>Yup...soft market

Some dude sold 10 sets yesterday for $75 raw.......just the dimes....two dimes....raw...and dumping the PF $1 from the sets for a $40 BIN....

A dealer is selling ANACS 70's for $449...4 available....nope, make that three...one sold already (no it's not HSN image )

ANACS >>

He might be sitting on those $1 unless he has the single OGP.

• Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    I put in an order yesterday and it show on my order history but I can't open it up and the rep said they do not see it on their system nor recieve an email for usmint like usual. Weird huh.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yup...soft market

ANACS >>

He might be sitting on those $1 unless he has the single OGP. >>

I agree....and probably so does he since his BIN is only $40....it does show where the value in this set is though

Also just noticed the price is down to $35.95 (sold 4)
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Some single sealed sets are selling at $125.00. I see NGC 70 sets for $229 on ebay. About 19 sold.
  • Options

<< <i>Yup...soft market

ANACS >>

Yep, got it, thanks.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on the fence as to what to do with my five. Will likely keep them sealed and see how it goes.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Pinehurst Coins has NGC sets of the 3-coins on eBay today. $119 for NGC 69 sets and $219 for NGC 70 sets. >>

Dumb question #842:

Looking at their listings, they offer NGC slabs with both "Early Releases" and "First Releases" designations... what is the difference? Or is it just semantics? >>

Just semantics.
  • Options

<< <i>Yup...soft market

ANACS >>

Once graded 70s show up with strong prices.....look for sealed sets to go up.... for those looking for the lotto tickets 70s coins
  • Options
    For those of you who are sending your coins to our host for grading are you sending the entire set or just the RP?
  • Options

<< <i>For those of you who are sending your coins to our host for grading are you sending the entire set or just the RP? >>

That'll vary by interests.

I wanted all 3 with the set, so mine went it sealed.

It's a huge crap shoot.

I must admit I am nervous. I had good luck with the Sacs and some of the Kennedy. Poor results with the marshals service

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For those of you who are sending your coins to our host for grading are you sending the entire set or just the RP? >>

That'll vary by interests.

I wanted all 3 with the set, so mine went it sealed.

It's a huge crap shoot.

I must admit I am nervous. I had good luck with the Sacs and some of the Kennedy. Poor results with the marshals service >>

Good luck!!

Still on the fence about grading mine...
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of mine are getting to PCGS tomorrow... dimes only. The silver dollar has been out for awhile now and there are plenty out there if folks want those. I think the graded dimes by themselves will sell well w/o folks having to buy a modern commem dollar they don't want/need.

• Options

<< <i>All of mine are getting to PCGS tomorrow... dimes only. The silver dollar has been out for awhile now and there are plenty out there if folks want those. I think the graded dimes by themselves will sell well w/o folks having to buy a modern commem dollar they don't want/need. >>

It'll be interesting what the market says

I think the dimes lose their special significance without the $1

Plus, on the lesser side, there's having the whole set.

I'm waiting to see which "set" will be more in demand.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All of mine are getting to PCGS tomorrow... dimes only. The silver dollar has been out for awhile now and there are plenty out there if folks want those. I think the graded dimes by themselves will sell well w/o folks having to buy a modern commem dollar they don't want/need. >>

It'll be interesting what the market says

I think the dimes lose their special significance without the $1

Plus, on the lesser side, there's having the whole set.

I'm waiting to see which "set" will be more in demand. >>

I have three sets ATS. (They've had them since the 11th, will hopefully get to the graders today or tomorrow.) I had the $1 graded for the lineage to the set. I figured what the heck, I waited for this set and missed out on the intro pricing, so I may as well be proud of that fact.

At least the set label will make it different from the 150K other proofs that'll be out there by the time sales ends. It might be a bit better if I ever sell them to have matching labels on all three.

(I also have two sets unopened in OGP, to cover the other half of my bases, just in case all mine come back 63's... image )
  • Options
    I wonder what they were thinking when the put the MOD $1 combined limit at 500k.....image

Even with the extra 75k from this set I doubt it will get anywhere near half of that. It's been on sale for 2 months and combined sales are only 66k of the singles
  • Options
    Coin Week story says 62 % of March of Dimes sets are on backorder ..wow!!
  • Options
    So they had 24,000 sets ready to go....
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So they had 24,000 sets ready to go.... >>

No, they had 38 percent ready to ship, which is 28,500 sets.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coin Week story says 62 % of March of Dimes sets are on backorder ..wow!! >>

Can not find this story. Please provide link. Thanks
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So they had 24,000 sets ready to go.... >>

No, they had 38 percent ready to ship, which is 28,500 sets. >>

• Options
    Here is a Coin World Link Could not find Coin Week article either.

Of the 141,364 March of Dimes silver dollars reported sold by the U.S. Mint, 120,384 are Proofs, with more than 62 percent being in the Special Silver Set that as of May 12 had gone into "Unavailable" status. The sets went on sale May 4 at $61.95 per set, with a maximum of 75,000 sets available.

Looks like 62% of total $1 PF MOD are in the sets.

• Options
    So the 62% on backorder is not verified....
  • Options
    FaberCastellFaberCastell Posts: 153 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder what they were thinking when the put the MOD $1 combined limit at 500k.....image

Even with the extra 75k from this set I doubt it will get anywhere near half of that. It's been on sale for 2 months and combined sales are only 66k of the singles >>

By "they," are you referring to our "distinguished" members of Congress? The maximum number of silver dollars was set at 500K when the legislation was penned and signed into law by Obama.

The Mint is simply doing what is required of them by law.
    Robert
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st in 1st out, Good luck with the august orders. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Good find Kudbegud ! It's so easy to twist the facts a little so they say what you are preaching.

I remember when " For the first month, there will only be 12 Princess Dianna Bears per store "

was told as "there would only be 12 per store" That was flippers heaven. Only 12 the first month with 12,000,000 to follow.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>Good find Kudbegud ! It's so easy to twist the facts a little so they say what you are preaching. >>

Sometimes the sentence structure can mislead a reader. I had to re-read it a couple times to get what was being said. I'm guessing that's what happened in this case to the OP.

• Options
    You are correct Kudbegud. I had to read it several times myself. Sometimes even that is not enough.
    My marketing professor in college was the person behind Crisco's adds: Things "FRIED RIGHT" in Crisco are better than baked.
    I put fried right in caps and quotes because to do that required $ 10,000 ,at that time, worth of special pressure cooking equipment
    to fry it right.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is $240 a good purchase price for a PCGS graded 3 coin set PR70/PR70DCAM, First Strike?

Thank you
  • Options

<< <i>Is $240 a good purchase price for a PCGS graded 3 coin set PR70/PR70DCAM, First Strike?

Thank you >>

Unknown

Too early to know how grades will come back.

• Options

<< <i>Is $240 a good purchase price for a PCGS graded 3 coin set PR70/PR70DCAM, First Strike?

Thank you >>

Right now 2 PCGS 70 sets ending tonight, are now bid at 200.00 .....maybe end up with 250-275
  • Options
    Not sure what you all are on about above, but NN sez the MOD is sold out.

March of Dimes set sells out

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file