Home U.S. Coin Forum

March Of Dimes set.. PCGS,NGC 69s ,lower PCGS 70s $335 - $406

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the old system where order conf email showed the products ordered instead of just the order number. No idea why they changed this.

Edited: while typing this post I received second emails, this time w products. First emails say order acknowledgement, second order summary. Why two emails?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I liked the old system where order conf email showed the products ordered instead of just the order number. No idea why they changed this. >>

I got a second email confirmation showing order details about 30 minutes after the first email with only the number like you. Check your inbox again.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I liked the old system where order conf email showed the products ordered instead of just the order number. No idea why they changed this.

Edited: while typing this post I received second emails, this time w products. First emails say order acknowledgement, second order summary. Why two emails? >>

First is to confirm receipt of order submission. Second is to confirm product ordered. It's the gov't, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Order Status: PROCESSING

hmmm
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • 5 separate orders:
    USM03197xxx
    thru
    USM03100xxx

difference between sets of 3194
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    my order completed 12:06 p -

buddies order completed 12:16 p -

difference between the two order numbers was about 6,000, give or take, in ten minutes
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I liked the old system where order conf email showed the products ordered instead of just the order number. No idea why they changed this.

Edited: while typing this post I received second emails, this time w products. First emails say order acknowledgement, second order summary. Why two emails? >>

First is to confirm receipt of order submission. Second is to confirm product ordered. It's the gov't, lol.. >>

Indeed.

I have to say that the single email w the past system was perfectly adequate.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Stupid question, having never ordered from Da Mint before:

Does "Backordered" mean:

(1) that they have sold through the entire 75,000 mintage and you'll only get one if there are returns/declined orders, or

(2) that they have sold through the N ready-to-ship units and you will still actually get your order... at some point, or

(3) something else entirely.

• rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

froze over a couple of times. unable to charge
    then worked.
    3194xxx
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stupid question, having never ordered from Da Mint before:

Does "Backordered" mean:

(1) that they have sold through the entire 75,000 mintage and you'll only get one if there are returns/declined orders, or

(2) that they have sold through the N ready-to-ship units and you will still actually get your order... at some point, or

(3) something else entirely. >>

#2 is more like it.

Hoard the keys.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does "Backordered" mean:

#2 is more likely still order you will get them..

Hoard the keys.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mint will try someting new this time to help the TPG's. They will not ship until all 75,000 sets are
    ready so the TPG's can charge extra for all of thoes First Strike labels.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got through about 1:35 pm. Order #3207nnnn. When I check on it, order # just says "Processing." Am I SOL?

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does "Backordered" mean:

This will be tough to call

It could be either 1 or 2.

Usually it's 2, but the fever seems strong with this one and with the order count and assuming everyone got 5, we're pushing a sell out. But that is ASSuming 5 and ASSuming all are MoD set orders.

The back order dates are usually, but not always, conservative overshoots.

These will be on TV shortly, no doubt. imageimageimage

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>I finally got through about 1:35 pm. Order #3207nnnn. When I check on it, order # just says "Processing." Am I SOL?

Best Regards,

George >>

Processing is normal.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    Lucky 7
    Unlucky 8
    Pushing 9
    10 posts behind!
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the difference between calling in an order and doing it online? >>

Online is quicker?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>10 posts behind! >>

To get to the next page of a thread, just go up toi the URL and change the page # to the next page up and hit enter.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • In hand listings up from kiosk sales. I'd guess the dollar will not be set eligible as it's an open set.
    and the first strike clock will likely start tomorrow

has anyone had their order show shipped yet?

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

HE>I

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and the first strike clock will likely start tomorrow
    has anyone had their order show shipped yet? >>

No, and my order was placed by 12:01. I had already logged in, set up my account credit card, and was to the product page well before the ticker started. Once it said add to bag, I added the set and purchased. All done. Order says processing.

• << <i>and the first strike clock will likely start tomorrow

They won't start the FS clock with Kiosk sales, it's when the mint starts shipping.

<< <i>

They won't start the FS clock with Kiosk sales, it's when the mint starts shipping. >>

The clock starts in the day of first receipt by pcgs. It will likely be tomorrow.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how many sets were assembled and ready to ship @ 11:59 today? A completely wild guess of 20 to 30 thousand. What do you guess? >>

My bet was around 25-30 % of mintage ready to ship.. impressive day for the Mint

• << <i>

<< <i>

They won't start the FS clock with Kiosk sales, it's when the mint starts shipping. >>

The clock starts in the day of first receipt by pcgs. It will likely be tomorrow. >>

Nope, starts when shipping commences as has been their policy for several years. Maybe try Google and research...for...a...bit...
  • bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    I was quite happy to flip my four sets for $425 on EBay.
    The first strike date will be set by pcgs and there'll be no contesting that. Though, some dates I question.
    (Sunday conclusions? First business Monday?)

• MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pass >>

I always find these comments quite funny, especially when you see them sellingimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
    I see a sealed 5 BIN sold @ 450

another @ 499

A single set auctioned up to 92.93

Price appreciation potential

Everyone has forgotten about the tv hucksters. They have been saying the EU Sac has been selling at ever increasing prices on their successive show offerings.

Same mintage - I'm thinking the tv hucksters will do similar to these. Buy them up and sell into oblivion with ever increasing prices.

(Though I still curse them. We'd be better off without them.)

• GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I had a sealed 5 piece sell for $479 bin. Still one left.
    GMan
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pass >>

I always find these comments quite funny, especially when you see them sellingimage >>

It's a sickness. Just when you think you can pass on their new junk, they suck you back in! image Buy all the newest junk the Mint puts out. Repeat 3-4x yearly
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    With each passing day it is looking more and more like the $$ to be made with these sets will not be the sealed/first strike eligible boxes, but , rather, the lucky few who receive a truly high grade reverse proof dime.

So maybe open up yer boxes and see if you won the lottery?

<< <i>With each passing day it is looking more and more like the $$ to be made with these sets will not be the sealed/first strike eligible boxes, but , rather, the lucky few who receive a truly high grade reverse proof dime.

So maybe open up yer boxes and see if you won the lottery? >>

1st strike 70 dimes ... wow !!
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    March 10 numbers out. (These are subject to revision before tomorrows final numbers):

DM1...2015 MARCH OF DIMES SILVER PROOF....45,384
    DM2...2015 MARCH OF DIMES SILVER UNC.......20,980

DM5...2015 MARCH OF DIMES SPECIAL SET......69,050

The dime set in 1 week outperforms both the proof *and* uncirc (on sale for 8 weeks).

92% sold. Should go dark this week.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The missing piece of the puzzle is how many of those 69,050 were available on day one. We know that "Back Order" started around 30 minutes in. Curious minds want to know.

<< <i>The missing piece of the puzzle is how many of those 69,050 were available on day one. We know that "Back Order" started around 30 minutes in. Curious minds want to know. >>

Anyone see any Graded dimes ?
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard these are the coins of the century.........image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The missing piece of the puzzle is how many of those 69,050 were available on day one. We know that "Back Order" started around 30 minutes in. Curious minds want to know. >>

Anyone see any Graded dimes ? >>

Have seen no one selling graded dimes yet, and surprisingly haven't seen any of the big modern sellers offering any pre-sale PCGS or NGC 70s for sale... almost always see that with new releases. Seems odd.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Anyone see any Graded dimes ? >>

Have seen no one selling graded dimes yet, and surprisingly haven't seen any of the big modern sellers offering any pre-sale PCGS or NGC 70s for sale... almost always see that with new releases. Seems odd. >>

They are probably waiting to see initial grade percentages so they can decide on an appropriate price level.....
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    At least these are almost sold out. Maybe the dealers are waiting for the sell out.
    Household limits lifted...order away!image
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Household limits lifted...order away!image >>

Currently Unavailable. (i.e. sold out until the audit.)

Figures. I tried to order another set this morning, and got the household limit exceeded message. Didn't pay attention for a couple of hours, and they're gone. Story of my life. image
  • bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    That's why this forum is so valuable.

I bought my original four and flipped them. Bought a single set and liked it but didn't like the quality (a big rim ding on the $1 and a scratch on the regular proof), but could make a profit on it via Ebay and sold it Saturday.

Saw earlier today that the household limit was lifted, and got in another order. I'm fine with waiting until August.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast....got my order in for some sets around 130p and now they are no longer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file