Home Precious Metals
Options

New Safety Deposit Box regulations?

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fellas, there is no possible way he actually believes this load of garbage, he's obviously just pushing your buttons, and pretending (very well) to be deluded for what purpose it is difficult to fathom, other than simple amusement.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>Why do you think my wife left me?

You and your suppositions.

Bitter towards God? You got some serious issues dude. >>

Coming from the guy, whom like a juvenile, referred to me as satan in his reply, while mocking God, trying to get a rise out of me... Yeah.. Whatever you say.

Baley, you and your buddy are going to see the truth one day, and but won't be so funny when it becomes reality and affects your lives, and your children's lives. Until then, it sure is funny to avoid the facts and just mock the messenger.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    This is what happens in a PM forum during a bear market for PMs.
    Nuts come out of he woodwork......I mean you Stan!
    You really need help dude.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>This is what happens in a PM forum during a bear market for PMs.
    Nuts come out of he woodwork......I mean you Stan!
    You really need help dude. >>

Or perhaps some of you need to realize you aren't in Kansas anymore.. Things are a changing.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Baley, this guy really is a lunatic. I've met some crazies in my life but this dude is orders of magnitude beyond them all.

Really, I do find him fascinating. He actually believes to his core the fantasies he creates.

I hope he doesn't work for the post office.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>No Baley, this guy really is a lunatic. I've met some crazies in my life but this dude is orders of magnitude beyond them all.

Really, I do find him fascinating. He actually believes to his core the fantasies he creates.

I hope he doesn't work for the post office. >>

I could say the same about you and the ones who want to use willful ignorance as to what is really going on in the real world, that could be confirmed with some simple research.
  • Options
    Willful ignorance....yup. Better to choose to be ignorant than to actually be ignorant. The former can always change his min while the latter will always be a paranoid crackpot. The victim of himself.

• Options

<< <i>Willful ignorance....yup. Better to choose to be ignorant than to actually be ignorant. The former can always change his min while the latter will always be a paranoid crackpot. The victim of himself. >>

Oh, of course professor.

I'd bet the majority of the people on here who always claim the info is a "conspiracy theory", "lunatic based", or something as a result of "paranoia", are the same ones who get their news from the mainstream media that are bought and paid for. They buy that bull hook, line, and sinker, while they willfully ignore the globalists and social engineers openly telling us what they really plan to do to society.

As for the "paranoid crackpot" comment, Mark Twain stated it best; “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a slippery slope just ripe with potential pitfalls that the controllers can use against you. Oh, but I'm sure they would never do anything like that. >>

They're already coming for us - just look!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cashless society supports the banks with the fees that they skim off of every transaction. Don't be stupid to think that their motive isn't simply "money for nuthin". The banking lobby here will obfuscate that fact using ridicule against anyone who deigns to point it out, but "churning the account" is how they all get rich on the backs of people who work & pay their taxes. The credit card companies and brokerage houses all operate on this same principal.

It's no mystery why they hate cash or precious metals, or even bitcoin. These things all pose a threat to "the skim".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd bet the majority of the people on here who always claim the info is a "conspiracy theory", "lunatic based", or something as a result of "paranoia", are the same ones who get their news from the mainstream media that are bought and paid for. They buy that bull hook, line, and sinker, while they willfully ignore the globalists and social engineers openly telling us what they really plan to do to society. >>

Well said Stan. I stay far away myself from that mainstream AM radio and that double agent Alex Infowars, and stick to the Shortwave - Last Domain of the Real Patriot.
  • Options

<< <i>A cashless society supports the banks with the fees that they skim off of every transaction. Don't be stupid to think that their motive isn't simply "money for nuthin". The banking lobby here will obfuscate that fact using ridicule against anyone who deigns to point it out, but "churning the account" is how they all get rich on the backs of people who work & pay their taxes. The credit card companies and brokerage houses all operate on this same principal.

It's no mystery why they hate cash or precious metals, or even bitcoin. These things all pose a threat to "the skim". >>

Cash is loathed because it requires things like branches and tellers and armored cars, which cut into profit. Banks really don't care at all about PMs, no matter what this board believes. If bitcoin gets big enough a bank will just buy the whole system so they can monetize it further. See Paypal. Agree about the 'skim' points though, banks suck.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Citi economist says it might be time to abolish cashimage

looks like an open and shut case to me. I'm onboard
  • Options
    The only thing we have to worry about when new banking laws and new laws of the land are put into effect, is the greed of a few and the power in which they think they are entitled to.
    Today we have a large society which is under educated, large drug usage and alcohol use. My belief, we have been set up to fail as a society made weak by our own belief that our Nation could never fail. We may not fail but we sure are going to have to fight to remove the cause which has created this effect. You who do not believe the severity will one day reap the reality. It is upon us! We will all pay the price.
  • Options

<< <i>The only thing we have to worry about when new banking laws and new laws of the land are put into effect, is the greed of a few and the power in which they think they are entitled to.
    Today we have a large society which is under educated, large drug usage and alcohol use. My belief, we have been set up to fail as a society made weak by our own belief that our Nation could never fail. We may not fail but we sure are going to have to fight to remove the cause which has created this effect. You who do not believe the severity will one day reap the reality. It is upon us! We will all pay the price. >>

Hey now. You keep delicious, delicious alcohol out of this.
  • Options
    Woe to you, oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with Wrath, because He knows that Time is short. Let him who hath Understanding reckon the Number of the Beast, for it is a Human number

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scriptures also say "Spare the rod, spoil the child" and that's been going on for millenniums… Take a long look at a spoiled child. You can see what was spared.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh, little do thee knoweth about what comith thy way."image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    I like this one, short and to the point.....

"BOO!!"

• Options

<< <i>I like this one, short and to the point.....

"BOO!!" >>

Some people misinterpret the last book with that ONE word.
  • Options
    All this out of SDB regulations ?
    This is why the UCMJ is superior to all the books. It makes sense and you can't change it.
  • Options
    It has been I would say a little over 40 years since it first began...It will take at least 80 years to defeat!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoin, that is the truth...I got my butt beat and I turned out ok, those who never got the rod never learned right from wrong.....and these are the future and present us older people are dealing with. Not to say there were no bad seeds of generations before us as well as our own generation.....but we are in deep SH...t with the present and future generations.
  • Options

<< <i>TwoSides2aCoin, that is the truth...I got my butt beat and I turned out ok, those who never got the rod never learned right from wrong.....and these are the future and present us older people are dealing with. Not to say there were no bad seeds of generations before us as well as our own generation.....but we are in deep SH...t with the present and future generations. >>

Sorry, but beating children is evil. Always.
  • Options
    There are no SDB regulations, there are only terms of agreement with the institution providing the SDB.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SDB aside, does withdrawing large amounts of cash [say $100K] put a financial institution in a somewhat uncomfy position?
  • Options

<< <i>SDB aside, does withdrawing large amounts of cash [say $100K] put a financial institution in a somewhat uncomfy position? >>

I doubt they would ever fully admit it one way or the other, but it will surely put the "average Joe" in an un comfortable position by requesting a large withdrawal.

<<Government Orders Banks to Call the Cops When Customers Withdraw $5,000 or More

Washington, D.C. – In a clear escalation in the ongoing war on U.S. citizens, the Justice Department has recommended that bank employees snitch on customers attempting to withdraw more than $5,000.

Federal regulations already require banks to submit a “Suspicious Activity Report” (SAR) when, “Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more…” according to the handbook for the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council.

The banks are required to fill a certain number of SAR reports every month. This forces them to file SARs for perfectly legal actions (such as withdrawing cash).

If using the banks as snitches, by having them file SARs on bank customers withdrawing over $5,000 dollars cash wasn’t intrusive enough, now the feds are advocating that bankers actually call law enforcement themselves.>>

Read more about it here:

Law abiding citizens are viewed as criminals when asking for their cash
  • Options

<< <i>SDB aside, does withdrawing large amounts of cash [say $100K] put a financial institution in a somewhat uncomfy position? >>

No.

• Options

At 0% interest rate why bother keeping large sums in the bank? For a business obviously you need to have a large balance to operate but individuals don't.

If its going to be dead money it might as well be cash in hand. If you feel like big brother is going to be peering at you for taking 10,000 out in one lump then 2000 each from 5 different banks should work.

I bet are branches of 10 different banks within a half hour of me.
  • Options
    Why handle large amounts of cash? Name one honest reason that couldnt be handled easier and safer without cash.

• Options

<< <i>Why handle large amounts of cash? Name one honest reason that couldnt be handled easier and safer without cash. >>

I buy cars and trucks to part out or fix up for my ebay business . People will not take checks from total strangers in exchange for items of value.

On the other hand, if people buy from me or I do work for them I will take a check as that works in my favor in that I consider them a customer and I'm hoping they will come back.

• Options
    More than $10k per transaction?

• Options

<< <i>Why handle large amounts of cash? Name one honest reason that couldnt be handled easier and safer without cash. >>

Name one honest reason why people have to be treated like criminals for possessing or withdrawing what they earned honestly and already paid taxes on?

You say safer? The brainwashing and propaganda now days is all about "keeping you safe", or they are "looking out for what's best for you", when in reality, all that is being done is your freedom and liberty are being stripped one step at a time.

• Options

No it could be less than 1000 bucks per transaction never more than 3000 probably but I might buy 5 in a week then nothing for a month.
  • Options

<< <i>More than $10k per transaction? >>

Are you a white shoe boy, or do you work a blue collar job?

It's not uncommon and quite easy to spend 10 or more on transactions in the automotive field buying parts, parts cars, rebuilders, etc...
  • Options

Suppose one won a substantial amount [millions] of money in a lottery drawing. I've always thought it would be neat to have $100K in cash just because I could. Having obtained it lawfully, I see no reason why I should not be able to take it in cash if I wanted to. I could see where a bank might draw attention for allowing the withdrawal. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check with the bank before hand.
  • Options

Sure does. That's a million plus they can no longer gamble with.

• Options

<< <i>

Sure does. That's a million plus they can no longer gamble with. >>

Well I was thinking they might draw flak from the Fed for allowing the withdrawal. If I was that well off, I'd have one of their high roller accounts.
  • Options

<< <i>

Suppose one won a substantial amount [millions] of money in a lottery drawing. I've always thought it would be neat to have $100K in cash just because I could. Having obtained it lawfully, I see no reason why I should not be able to take it in cash if I wanted to. I could see where a bank might draw attention for allowing the withdrawal. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check with the bank before hand. >>

Gonna hire some security, or just secret agent style handcuff the briefcase to one arm and have your pistol in the other? Either way, seems like a lot of trouble to "be cool" unless the money is payola

• Options
    I've never felt like I was treated like a criminal when taking or depositing large sums of cash.

• Options

<< <i>I've never felt like I was treated like a criminal when taking or depositing large sums of cash. >>

No, just a nuisance image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Suppose one won a substantial amount [millions] of money in a lottery drawing. I've always thought it would be neat to have $100K in cash just because I could. Having obtained it lawfully, I see no reason why I should not be able to take it in cash if I wanted to. I could see where a bank might draw attention for allowing the withdrawal. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check with the bank before hand. >>

Gonna hire some security, or just secret agent style handcuff the briefcase to one arm and have your pistol in the other? Either way, seems like a lot of trouble to "be cool" unless the money is payola >>

Nope. Just walk out with it.
  • Options

<< <i>I've never felt like I was treated like a criminal when taking or depositing large sums of cash. >>

How large?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Gonna hire some security, or just secret agent style handcuff the briefcase to one arm and have your pistol in the other? Either way, seems like a lot of trouble to "be cool" unless the money is payola >>

Nope. Just walk out with it. >>

I hear ya. Now days, too many men are such wimps that they would be afraid to walk down a dark alley by themselves, due to the social conditioning.
  • Options

<< <i>

How large? >>

Roughly $17 Trillion

• Options
    Now days, too many men are such wimps that they would be afraid to walk down a dark alley by themselves, due to the social conditioning.

So, to be clear, you personally ARE afraid of "the social engineers" and "social conditioning" and "the new world order" and "the powers that be,"
    but are NOT afraid to walk alone down dark alleys in bad parts of town while waving bundles of cash in both hands?

Got it!

• Options

<< <i>Now days, too many men are such wimps that they would be afraid to walk down a dark alley by themselves, due to the social conditioning.

So, to be clear, you personally ARE afraid of "the social engineers" and "social conditioning" and "the new world order" and "the powers that be,"
    but are NOT afraid to walk alone down dark alleys in bad parts of town while waving bundles of cash in both hands?

Got it! >>

Can you specifically show me where I stated I was afraid of any of the things you just made up?

Edit to add:

Just because one discusses world issues, it does not mean they are afraid.
  • Options
    More than the 10k "the cops are coming to get you threshold".

I see car dealers doING this all the time.

• Options
    Stan is not afraid of anything because Jesus is his Saviour. He told me so much. And because he told me I believe him.

• Options
    I'd pay hard-erned FRNs to see Stan v. Bernanke go at it in a dark alley.