Home Precious Metals
Options

OK who has the huevos to step into NUGT

Comments

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still holding my 3rd NUGT trade in the $8's. I may hold longer this time image
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    reddwingreddwing Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Good time to jump back into NUGT or wait for the 10's?
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Nugt is toast, it was done yesterday ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Meaning, gold and gold miners are toast? It will not come back higher this month?
  • Options

<< <i>Meaning, gold and gold miners are toast? It will not come back higher this month? >>

Lol, 1st thing u might want to do is slap yourself in the face to see if u r actually awake, then if u r, start chanting,
    I am in no way an investor or trader, I am in no way an investor or trader, then head out to Vegas or your local gaming establishment, if you can't, then just give away your money to someone who may have a real need...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Well...you have never answered the question. I have had no problem with doing short term trades on NUGT. Actually made some money. Not sure what kind of investor or trader you are. Money market funds, CD's, treasuries?
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    rawteam1, you seem to talk alot but say very little.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>rawteam1, you seem to talk alot but say very little. >>

Lol, and you seem to read but not understand anything...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    I guess you can smear your talk on that NUGT toast huh rt1??? Up about 30%.

• Options
    Yes no kidding. Why i always apply filters when reading this or any discussion board.
  • Options
    NUGT price point getting interesting again. Buy at 10 or below and sell at 11 or above. Just don't hold it too long!
  • Options

<< <i>I guess you can smear your talk on that NUGT toast huh rt1??? Up about 30%. >>

Lol, you better wake up this am n smack yourself...u lost all your money again...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I guess you can smear your talk on that NUGT toast huh rt1??? Up about 30%. >>

Lol, you better wake up this am n smack yourself...u lost all your money again... >>

Good luck finding someone who was in NUGT 2 weeks ago for a 30-40% gain....and then rode it down this week into a 30% loss.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Just my two cents, but if someone really wanted to leverage and hold a basket of gold stocks longer-term,(2-3 months) instead of buying NUGT, it probably makes more sense to buy deep in the money call options on GDX where there is little or no premium and little or no time decay.
  • Options
    Test...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Testing 1,2,3 ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Lol, you better wake up this am n smack yourself...u lost all your money again... >>

Good luck finding someone who was in NUGT 2 weeks ago for a 30-40% gain....and then rode it down this week into a 30% loss. >>

From when I posted til the delirious Wes posted it was impossible... Lol actually reminded me of all the people telling me how many hundreds of thousands of dollars in equity they had in their house so many moons ago... Lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have FKRCX for a long term hold.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>I have FKRCX for a long term hold. >>

I hadn't heard of that one before. From 2004-2008 I held TGLDX, which under-formed. Then during the run from 2009-2011 it over-performed.

FKRCX seems pretty heavy in African mining exposure. In their top 10 holdings they are all pretty much African miners except for Newcrest, Eldorado, (and possibly Barrick if that still is in the top 10). Their platinum/palladium exposure is approx 10% while silver is 5%. I see an old friend in their total holdings (GBG). They were one of the early financial reorganization casualties of the 2011 fall out. I'd be interested in knowing why you choose this one over all the other options out there.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending USLV and NUGT to the bull pin to start warming up.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Just let us know when the Skipper gets up to walk out of the dugout.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, dabbling in JDST for now, but, waiting for $1150 gold and will be going all in NUGT and USLV soon...
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a buy order for tomorrow that will look llike this:

Buy @ $9.62 < between 9:30 and 9:45 am (in case it spikes down and opens well below $10.00 )

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a buy order for tomorrow that will look llike this:

Buy @ $9.62 < between 9:30 and 9:45 am (in case it spikes down and opens well below $10.00 )

Mark >>

HFTMark image

Don't start on me I still owe you a Coors.
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>

Mark >>

HFTMark image

Don't start on me I still owe you a Coors. >>

Coors Lite. I'm getting hitched this month!

Order entry and set up is under rated and takes the emotion out of it.

M
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Just let us know when the Skipper gets up to walk out of the dugout. >>

Coach just waived in NUGT at 9.87, told USLV to stay warm.

• Options

Mark >>

In @ $9.59 at 9:44am............Sell order in for $9.95 for a day trade. If not. I ll carry over for a ST

mark
  • Options
    Bought the NUGT dip at the open but didn't like the gap gold left behind at 1165 on the bounce off 1160....so sold it near $10.00. Will probably rebuy on the refill of that gap. There's a bigger one from March still lingering at $1153.

If anyone follows the USERX SKI TA system by Jeff Kern (see 321gold.com) it's going to provide a GDX "sell" signal today on the 35-39 day back price index. That puts GDX into a fully bearish mode with all major indexes (39 day, 96 day, 222 day) all on sell signals. BPGDM is still in full bearish alignment. Back to back June OpEx's in 3rd and 4th weeks of June coupled with FOMC meeting in the 3rd week should provide fireworks. Those back to back OE weeks have been running >70% bearish over the past 3 years. On the good side is that GDXJ (and USERX) are still well above their 39 day indexes...relative strength to the juniors. And that's what the USERX SKI index data base has been tracking since 1975.

GDX found support today in the Nov-January mid-S/R bull/bear battle zone of 18.65-18.70. I think it will fill the gap down at 18.23 later this month/early July when the weekly lower BB likely gets tagged.

gdx weekly
  • Options

<< <i>Bought the NUGT dip at the open but didn't like the gap gold left behind at 1165 on the bounce off 1160....so sold it near $10.00. Will probably rebuy on the refill of that gap. There's a bigger one from March still lingering at $1153. >>

I might have done the same except I was on my yoga mat when my trade executed and was still on it when it got to $10.00.Thats where I would have sold on a DT/Scalp. Looks like other thought the sameimage

mark
  • Options

<< <i>my yoga mat >>

Is that what you call her?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>my yoga mat >>

Is that what you call her? >>

Man, I'm glad i didn't type yoga matt

mark
  • Options
    MJ, my wife told me that one of the same ingredients in yoga mats was also found in a very popular fast food chain grinder bread....lol. I think it has since been removed though.
  • Options
    Was able to get back into NUGT on this morning's dip...and at a better level than Friday. Still, Wed/Thurs headwinds could be a problem. Then next week's FOMC and back to back OpEx's come into play. If there's a bounce, it may only be today and tomorrow.

Update: decent bounce Tuesday morning. Sold a bit early at 10.20. I think Wed and Thursday could be tougher going.
  • Options
    test
  • Options
    Held my 1/2 position JDST over the weekend and got into DUST on the dip this morning with the other 1/2. All in to ride gold down to $1142. Looking forward to going long next week in USLV & NUGT.
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. What? I couldn't get past the "yoga mat."
    ;-)
  • Options
    Another brief round trip on NUGT. Back in again this afternoon. Nice to see +$62 MILL in buying on weakness for GDX.

BoW
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    NUGT back into the high 8's...is it time for an entry???...GDX/NUGT have not been acting well of late...selling off even though gold has been more stable...
  • Options

<< <i>NUGT back into the high 8's...is it time for an entry???...GDX/NUGT have not been acting well of late...selling off even though gold has been more stable... >>

Pm guitar Wes ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Glad I dipped in a little yesterday morning RT1..........sorry you might have missed the 10+% up.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That dip was a gift. Still holding my NUGT trade from the prior dip into the $8's image
    GLTA
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    Glad I got out of DUST and JDST before the FOMC meetings. Looking into NUGT, USLV and UGAZ on dips next week.
  • Options
    I was looking at year to date returns for these leveraged mining ETFs, One thing for sure, they are very tax efficient.

Pretty much a guaranteed long term tax loss. Long ETFs, or short ETFs, apparently it makes no difference.
    Be careful

ETF returns
  • Options

• Options
    Lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was looking at year to date returns for these leveraged mining ETFs, One thing for sure, they are very tax efficient.

Pretty much a guaranteed long term tax loss. Long ETFs, or short ETFs, apparently it makes no difference.
    Be careful

ETF returns >>

The laws of mathematics can be enlightening.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one else feeling brave? ( or suicidal?)image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... or speculative?

feel like gamblin'?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    I'm feelin' lucky.

• Options
    Speaking of gambling, I'm going to bet we'll get the story from Direxion about the reverse split within the next week or two.