Home Precious Metals
Options

OK who has the huevos to step into NUGT

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>at 9.30 it's starting to get interesting again. might dip a toe. >>

Sold a losing GG position and bought NUGT at $9.29. Will give it a lot of rope.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DP
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Blue Losbster is right, we may see 8's today
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Stuck my toe in last week at 13.10....now my toe is hurting....Also giving this some rope....we will see what happens....
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    My toes have been crushed beyond recognition after buying JNUG in November. Been a nasty nasty ride.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point it should shoot up, but when?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The severity of this drop is sure looking like a strong bottom won't occur until late in March or in early April. That gives GDX plenty of time to fill all gaps since November 5th (ie as low as $16.61). That will drop NUGT another 20-25%. If it gets that far, there's also the last gap from October 2008 at $16.37. The worst possible GDX or HUI projection is the failed 6 year head and shoulder pattern that projects down another 33%. NUGT would fall to <30% of its current value (<$3). If that happened we'd probably also be looking at gold $950-$1050.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The severity of this drop is sure looking like a strong bottom won't occur until late in March or in early April. That gives GDX plenty of time to fill all gaps since November 5th (ie as low as $16.61). That will drop NUGT another 20-25%. If it gets that far, there's also the last gap from October 2008 at $16.37. The worst possible GDX or HUI projection is the failed 6 year head and shoulder pattern that projects down another 33%. NUGT would fall to <30% of its current value (<$3). If that happened we'd probably also be looking at gold $950-$1050. >>

And then that maybe, may be the time to buy...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    popped in with some short-term calls at 8.75. let the decay begin!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>at 9.30 it's starting to get interesting again. might dip a toe. >>

Sold a losing GG position and bought NUGT at $9.29. Will give it a lot of rope.

Mark >>

Bought a 30% position @ $8.78 to go with the 20% position at $9.29

Mark
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NUGT? Time to buy? but it's only Down 99.56% over the past 4 years

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    NUGT = Pain, pain & more pain.

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    GDX has some support at the 17.10-17-20 range, let's see if that holds. So far cutting any support like butter...without the lobster.
  • Options
    buy when there is blood in the streets, sometimes when its even your own........
  • Options
    the 45% drop in the last 7 trading days is what got me interested...
  • Options

<< <i>the 45% drop in the last 7 trading days is what got me interested... >>

Ditto. Layering in

MJ
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NUGT? Time to buy? but it's only Down 99.56% over the past 4 years >>

Must be a buy then....can only go down another 0.44%. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>NUGT? Time to buy? but it's only Down 99.56% over the past 4 years >>

Must be a buy then....can only go down another 0.44%. image >>

Hi, just like the fiat dollar...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well folks. I pulled the trigger on NUGT again down here in the $8's. I may add more if we get a spike up to the 9's. Third time in this risky trade. Rode $25 to $50, $9 to $20 before. You can see this is clearly trending down, BUT there are reversals that can be played IMHO and came out lucky last two times.

GLTA

Risk money only!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    reddwingreddwing Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Good luck Metalmesiter! Does anyone else find this rapid strengthening of the US dollar a little overdone? Or, some kind of huge hedge fund(s) manipulation?
    I wish I had the huevos to get more NUGT at this price point.
  • Options
    Fundamentally, on a relative basis the US economy is stronger than Europe and the interest rate is higher. So for now, the dollar has only one way to go as does the euro.
    Good time to make some plans to travel.
  • Options
    Gold DOWN....Miners UP....Time to step into NUGT
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold DOWN....Miners UP....Time to step into NUGT >>

or DSLV. (USLV for those that disagree.)

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone else find this rapid strengthening of the US dollar a little overdone? >>

There's a purpose behind it: It is creating international demand for dollars in a generally anti-dollar environment.

• Options
    Silver down early today but gold miners and SIL were up. GDX and GDXJ were going higher this morning as gold dipped into the $1140's. Nice +divergence.

Really BIG hourly volume in SIL during the 10-11 am hour....approx 4X the size of anything seen the past 2 weeks.

One NUGT tranche added on this morning's dip to $8.20. Didn't pull the trigger fast enough for a 2nd one before it was gone past $8.40. It certainly looked like the banksters were going after the GDX gap at $17.11 but for some reason they stopped short at $17.29. They never want to make it too easy for the shorts. They have FOMC/OpX next week and then end of month OpX after that for 3 more tries at those lower GDX gaps in the $16's and $17's. The monthly 10yr note Treasury auction usually provides fireworks for the PM sector. Today was no exception.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone else find this rapid strengthening of the US dollar a little overdone? >>

There's a purpose behind it: It is creating international demand for dollars in a generally anti-dollar environment. >>

Kinda looks to me (and all other rational people) that the dollar is the only money/currency wanted.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

There's a purpose behind it: It is creating international demand for dollars in a generally anti-dollar environment. >>

Kinda looks to me (and all other rational people) that the dollar is the only money/currency wanted. >>

I'll bet ya a nickel, it's the only one Dowserb actually uses...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>There's a purpose behind it: It is creating international demand for dollars in a generally anti-dollar environment. >>

<< <i>Kinda looks to me (and all other rational people) that the dollar is the only money/currency wanted. >>

Mission accomplished, for now.

<< <i>I'll bet ya a nickel, it's the only one Dowserb actually uses... >>

Stalker1, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. When the Romans disappear, adapt. Class dismissed.

• Options
    That's hilarious, now you predict this country will be taken over...
    You do stand up?....
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>That's hilarious, now you predict this country will be taken over...
    You do stand up?.... >>

Troll1, staying after class will not get you any extra credit.

• Options
    Sold $9.81 Nugt a minute into today's open. Good enough for now. Yesterday's large selling on strength in GDX into the close was not a good omen....neither was the expanding wedge from 3 pm that finished up on today's opening. Gold failed to get past the $1167 gap from 2 days ago.
  • Options

<< <i>Sold $9.81 Nugt a minute into today's open. Good enough for now. Yesterday's large selling on strength in GDX into the close was not a good omen....neither was the expanding wedge from 3 pm that finished up on today's opening. Gold failed to get past the $1167 gap from 2 days ago. >>

heh, sold my calls 5 min after the open. let's do er again sometime.
  • Options
    Nice trade timing Miklia and RR, can never go broke, taking a profit.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice trade timing Miklia and RR, can never go broke, taking a profit. >>

Yup, great trade guys. Damn paper investments. image

• Options
    Was sort of miffed I missed getting back in yesterday at $9.00 but today worked out even better. That Wed/Thur expanding wedge that topped GDX on yesterday's open played out today into the bottom of the wedge in the $17.55-$17.65. That was also a support line from earlier in the week. So got Nugt back for an average of $8.77 this morning. There may not be a whole lot of time for it to go far with things being locked down sometime Tuesday in preparation for Wed's FOMC utterances. It's also an OpX week where Wed-Friday could show another hit to PMs. Tuesday 3/17 to the end of the month is set up quite well for our bankster buddies to fleece more out of PM bulls. Tough day today for commodities with sugar to fresh multi-year lows, grains and oil/nat gas whacked.

Pretty feeble bounce in GDX and NUGT if after 34 days down, Thursday was all it got. I'd guess we still have another pulse higher up to GDX 18.50-18.80. But if 17.50 gets taken out soon I doubt I'll be hanging around. Not a great sign with commodities in general still getting hammered.
  • Options
    Back out of Nugt at $9.20. GDX reached $18.00, a measured move and decent retrace of the drop from $18.29. Gold left some gaps behind today. GDX did too at $17.79. Will likely come back for that. Could pulse a lot higher but can't turn down 5% in a couple hours. The rest of the month should have more opportunities to buy PM's on sale. The overall trend is still down...and you have to respect that.
  • Options

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    what are your thoughts on that Coho?
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    20m shares traded at 20 = 40m shares traded at 10. it's also a better day trader play lately because of the bigger daily swings. imho, it doesn't portend a price direction.
  • Options
    Still hoping to see low 8's and I'll be jumping in with a few thousand shares.
    Anyone else looking at UWTI (3x Long OIL). Same as NUGT, at an all-time low. Oil will go long in the future, just not sure when to jump in....just like NUGT!

What do you guys think?
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    Actually got into DUST this morning...we'll see what happens today. I think PMs will be down pretty good today.
  • Options
    hope you got out in the last 5 min...dang..
  • Options
    Boom

MJ
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    splat! <meow>

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    reddwingreddwing Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Anybody get into NUGT before Yellen Fed speak? Volume looks nice and healthy.
  • Options
    Yep got out early and caught about 8% of NUGT after 2pm
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody get into NUGT before Yellen Fed speak? Volume looks nice and healthy. >>

Still in my original trade from last week...........MJ
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya see....the fed can be your friend!image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

<< <i>Ya see....the fed can be your friend!image >>

I would make out with Yellen right now. Bernanke for that matter as well image

Mark
  • Options
    Now just need to figure out how long to ride NUGT...